Why Wii Is Selling The Most

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Pit_of_Icarus
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
I didn't buy the Wii because it was cheap, hell I paid twice its original price. That's right I paid 500 dollars for it. And even though I could've gotten a PS3 or 360 I chose the Wii because, and please try to bear in mind thateveryone has different opinions, the games looked the most fun out of the choices the other consoles had. That's my opinion okay, I don't need super realistic graphics to have fun, hell I don't even need online play. To me those are just nice bonuses. Thats why I think it's selling so well.
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

1. Its a simple pick up and play console

2. appeals to everyone

3. great advertising on prime late night shows on channel 4 etc and other forms of adverts

4. Word of mouth

5. Interesting controller

6. Cheaper then the rest

7. Can play with the family as it shows in the adverts

8. Plenty of family games to play that are easy to play

9. Wii-sports is the main game that has gotten people interested and for non-gamers being able to play a game like tennis without actually pressing any buttons but instead swinging the remote must be heaven instead of remembering what button does what.

10. Its fun to play

11. Its innovative

12. Its small so doesnt take up much space

bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 bulb_or_parrot
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
I didn't buy the Wii because it was cheap, hell I paid twice its original price. That's right I paid 500 dollars for it. And even though I could've gotten a PS3 or 360 I chose the Wii because, and please try to bear in mind thateveryone has different opinions, the games looked the most fun out of the choices the other consoles had. That's my opinion okay, I don't need super realistic graphics to have fun, hell I don't even need online play. To me those are just nice bonuses. Thats why I think it's selling so well.Pit_of_Icarus

People who pay markups on consoles are horrible for gaming, no offense, but if you are willing to pay people who are basically scalpers more than the suggested retail price, you are stealing someone's Christmas from them. All of the poor kids whose parents couldn't wait outside Walmart for a week who didn't get the reasonably price Wii, because some meanie got twenty of his friends to buy them all up and sell them on eBay are just awful!

I saw kids all sad on Christmas who just wanted a Wii, while people were selling them for $450+ on ebay, that just made me sad... poor kids.
Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

Here is why.

1.Super Smash Bros. Brawl (December 3, 2007)

2.Mario Kart Wii (Early 2008)

3.Super Mario Galaxy (November 12, 2007)

4.Disaster: Day of Crisis (2008)

5.Battalion Wars 2 (October 29, 2007)

6.Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (August 27, 2007)

7.Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (2007)

8.Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn (November 5, 2007)

9.Madden NFL 08 (August 14, 2007)

10.Blocks (Early 2008)

11.No More Heroes (Late 2007)

12.Wii Fit (Early 2008)

13.Mushroom Men: The Spore War (Fall 2008)

14.Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (Q4 2007)

15.Trauma Center: New Blood (2008)

16.Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (November 16, 2007)

17.Lego Star Wars: The Complete Sega (November 2007)

18.Animal Crossing Wii (2008)

19.Zelda Wii (2009)

20.Geometry Wars: Galaxies (Late 2007)

21.Kirby Wii (2008)

22.King Story (2008)

23.Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (Fall 2008)

24.Thrillville: Off the Rails (October 2007)

25.Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (October 2007)

26.de Blob (February 2008)

27. Bully: Scholarship Edition (2007)

28.Boogie (August 7, 2007)

29.Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (September 2007)

30.Dragon Quest Swords: The Mask Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (2008)

31.Ghost Squad (Late 2007)

32.Guiter Hero III: Legends of Rock (October 2007)

33.Endless Ocean (October 29, 2007)

34.MySims (Late 2007)

35.Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (July 26, 2007)

36.NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (November 13, 2007)

37.Mario and Sonic: At the Olympic Games (November 2007)

38.Sadness (2008)

39.Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (October 8, 2007)

40.Red Steel II (2009)

41.Brothers in Arms: Double Time (September 11, 2007)

42.Dewy's Adventure (2007)

43.Mario Strikers Charged (July 30, 2007)

44.Opoona (2008)

45.Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (October 2007)

46.From Yellow to Orange Project (TBA)

47.Pyro Studios Project (TBA)

48.Blast Works: Build, Fuse & Destroy (2008)

49.Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers (2008)

50. Nitro Bike (Late 2007)

51. Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis (2007)

52. Puzzle Quest (Fall 2007)

53.Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 (2007)

54.Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (2008)

55. Need for Speed: ProStreet (October 30, 2007)

bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 bulb_or_parrot

List of games

FlockofSpagheti

Please use the SPOILER tags when making a list of games that takes up my entire browser window five times over, thank you. The Wii would not be selling nearly as well if it had all of those games AND cost $600 - that is the point people are trying to make.
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Pit_of_Icarus
[QUOTE="Pit_of_Icarus"]I didn't buy the Wii because it was cheap, hell I paid twice its original price. That's right I paid 500 dollars for it. And even though I could've gotten a PS3 or 360 I chose the Wii because, and please try to bear in mind thateveryone has different opinions, the games looked the most fun out of the choices the other consoles had. That's my opinion okay, I don't need super realistic graphics to have fun, hell I don't even need online play. To me those are just nice bonuses. Thats why I think it's selling so well.bulb_or_parrot

People who pay markups on consoles are horrible for gaming, no offense, but if you are willing to pay people who are basically scalpers more than the suggested retail price, you are stealing someone's Christmas from them. All of the poor kids whose parents couldn't wait outside Walmart for a week who didn't get the reasonably price Wii, because some meanie got twenty of his friends to buy them all up and sell them on eBay are just awful!

I saw kids all sad on Christmas who just wanted a Wii, while people were selling them for $450+ on ebay, that just made me sad... poor kids.

Sorry to say but, that was my christmas present from my mom haha.(she made me pay her back because I got in trouble with a certain herb a few weeks later)
Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

5. It's fun.Eponique

/thread

bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bulb_or_parrot
[QUOTE="bulb_or_parrot"][QUOTE="Pit_of_Icarus"]I didn't buy the Wii because it was cheap, hell I paid twice its original price. That's right I paid 500 dollars for it. And even though I could've gotten a PS3 or 360 I chose the Wii because, and please try to bear in mind thateveryone has different opinions, the games looked the most fun out of the choices the other consoles had. That's my opinion okay, I don't need super realistic graphics to have fun, hell I don't even need online play. To me those are just nice bonuses. Thats why I think it's selling so well.Pit_of_Icarus

Sorrytosaybut,thatwasmychristmaspresenthaha,mymompayed for it.

Are you typing this on your Wii, or in Opera? Edit your post, and use the HTML to type it up, because GS does not work very well with Opera spacing at all.
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Pit_of_Icarus
[QUOTE="Pit_of_Icarus"][QUOTE="bulb_or_parrot"][QUOTE="Pit_of_Icarus"]I didn't buy the Wii because it was cheap, hell I paid twice its original price. That's right I paid 500 dollars for it. And even though I could've gotten a PS3 or 360 I chose the Wii because, and please try to bear in mind thateveryone has different opinions, the games looked the most fun out of the choices the other consoles had. That's my opinion okay, I don't need super realistic graphics to have fun, hell I don't even need online play. To me those are just nice bonuses. Thats why I think it's selling so well.bulb_or_parrot

Sorrytosaybut,thatwasmychristmaspresenthaha,mymompayed for it.

Are you typing this on your Wii, or in Opera? Edit your post, and use the HTML to type it up, because GS does not work very well with Opera spacing at all.

There I edited it thanks for saying that because I have been havin this problem for a long time now. (I use opera)
FonkeyMunky7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 FonkeyMunky7
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]

1.It is cheap

TNT_Slug

The GC was cheap. Sorry, try again.

I love how lemmings and cows are now resorting to grasping at straws while their consoles fail horribly. I specially like the "we have teh best games!!11" argument coming from people who are constantly playing ports and took 13 months to get a decent exclusive on their system. :lol:

Hold on a sec. Your bashing lemmings and cows for playing ports? :| I hope you didn't just say that...

bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 bulb_or_parrot
There I edited it thanks for saying that because I have been havin this problem for a long time now. (I use opera)Pit_of_Icarus

That's cool, there's a thing in the tech support forums about it. You shold not have forgotten to water your mom's spearmint plants though, I mean, making you pay $500 for that is crazy! But being on bad behavior is not cool! Never cool! Seriously, $500 is too much money to pay for even a cool christmas present.
solidsnakeEx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#62 solidsnakeEx3
Member since 2004 • 26413 Posts
It's affordable, there's a lot of media coverage, and it just looks fun to play.
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pit_of_Icarus
[QUOTE="Pit_of_Icarus"]There I edited it thanks for saying that because I have been havin this problem for a long time now. (I use opera)bulb_or_parrot

That's cool, there's a thing in the tech support forums about it. You shold not have forgotten to water your mom's spearmint plants though, I mean, making you pay $500 for that is crazy! But being on bad behavior is not cool! Never cool! Seriously, $500 is too much money to pay for even a cool christmas present.

Yeah I guess, but as long as I'm happy thats all that matters. :)
Avatar image for FlockofSpagheti
FlockofSpagheti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 FlockofSpagheti
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

[QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

List of games

bulb_or_parrot

Please use the SPOILER tags when making a list of games that takes up my entire browser window five times over, thank you. The Wii would not be selling nearly as well if it had all of those games AND cost $600 - that is the point people are trying to make.

What is a spoiler tag??

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ArchaoN
Member since 2003 • 831 Posts

The people who want it/buy it are either:

1. Nintendo homers

2. Parents buying it for their kids

3. Kids who want it because it caters to them

No gamer can sit here and say that they would rather have the Wii over the 360 or PS3 because we all know their current line-ups are better and the future line-ups are better.

Lets try and keep it real huh?

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ArchaoN
Member since 2003 • 831 Posts

And I love when the whole innovation topic comes around. As if wagging my controler instead of pressing A makes a game innovative. I would love for a Nintendo fan to explain how the Wiimote is more innovative that the multiple innovations found in XBL (i.e True Skill Rating, universal friends lists, in game messaging, Gamercards, Gamerscores, Gamerpoints/Achievements).

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

[QUOTE="bulb_or_parrot"][QUOTE="FlockofSpagheti"]

List of games

FlockofSpagheti

What is a spoiler tag??

'['SPOILER']' lot of text goes here '['/SPOILER']'

Remove the single quotes and enjoy. It lets you do something like this:

List of games coming out that I want in 2007:

[spoiler]
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Gears of War PC
Halo 3
[/spoiler]
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

TC, you don't buy something just because it's cheap. There must be interest. If you hate oranges, you don't go outside and buy oranges because they're cheap. You hate oranges, why buy them?

To get something to sell there must be interest. And judging by the 9 million sales in 9 months shows that people are interested in the Wii.

Lesson learned: Price is only small factor in what determines a purchase. There must be interest. The only way price effects if it were to be expensive.People have interest in thePS3 but itis too expensive, that's why no one buys it. The Wii is cheap, the people who are interested can afford to purchase.

Eponique

I think Eponique gave an excellent example and explanation here. Why are we still discussing this?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]

TC, you don't buy something just because it's cheap. There must be interest. If you hate oranges, you don't go outside and buy oranges because they're cheap. You hate oranges, why buy them?

To get something to sell there must be interest. And judging by the 9 million sales in 9 months shows that people are interested in the Wii.

Lesson learned: Price is only small factor in what determines a purchase. There must be interest. The only way price effects if it were to be expensive.People have interest in thePS3 but itis too expensive, that's why no one buys it. The Wii is cheap, the people who are interested can afford to purchase.

Hexagon_777

I think Eponique gave an excellent example and explanation here. Why are we still discussing this?

Price is a bigger factor than people like to admit. Would the Wii have sold well with fewer games or without something new like the Wiimote? No. However, would it have sold significantly worse if it was, say, $600? Yes! You change the elasticity of demand by making a product offer more, but not to the point that people are willing to pay twice as much - at least, not just because of a few games.