Why Wii Is Selling The Most

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mohammad112388
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

1.It is cheap

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
5. It's fun.
Metalhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Metalhero1
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts
Id never buy the cheap one. I only go for the best. I dont know how its sellin so well.
Sushbag88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sushbag88
Member since 2005 • 403 Posts
Pretty much. Certainly doesn't seem to be any other reason why people are buying it.
mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mohammad112388
The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eponique

The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.mohammad112388

If it sucks, why would you buy it in the first place?

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

1.It is cheap

mohammad112388

Because its affordable and the price is casual friendly. Now put the wii at $599 and try an sell it to the consumer, and I guarantee it wont even sell 1 million copies even after 8 months after its launch.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eponique
[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]

1.It is cheap

squallff8_fan

Because its affordable and the price is casual friendly. Now put the wii at $599 and try an sell it to the consumer, and I guarantee it wont even sell 1 million copies even after 8 months after its launch.

That can go for any console (PS3).

mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mohammad112388

[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.Eponique

Because it is freaking cheap...lol...no seriously, legend of zelda looked cool. Especially how you could aim the bow/arrows w/the remote. But i found that it is more efficient on a gc controller.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Eponique
[QUOTE="Eponique"]

[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.mohammad112388

Because it is freaking cheap...lol...no seriously, legend of zelda looked cool. Especially how you could aim the bow/arrows w/the remote. But i found that it is more efficient on a gc controller.

Buy 10 bars of chocolate and never eat them... at least they're cheap :|

Gimli524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gimli524
Member since 2004 • 1527 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]

[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.mohammad112388

Really dude, I've played both versions and the Wii controlls make you feel like your actually part of the game. The same thing could be said about all Wii games, thats why its next gen to me.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

While a agree that the low price tag is primarily responsible for the huge sales, we musn't confuse people's ability to buy it with their desire to.

Affordabilty is a simply means to get something that one already wants. Therefore, there must be some other underlying reason as to why they purchase this particular cheap product instead of spending $250 on something less worthwhile.

I propose the following reasons in addition to yours:

2. They're incredibly curious/excited about the motion-sensitive controls.

3. They're die-hard Nintendo fans who really do enjoy its exclusive franchises.

4. They've played it at parties or had friends/relatives recommend it to them.

jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts

1 It's a very good price for a gaming console

2 The whole family can play and your friends will wanner ago

3 The wii can be very funny

4 The wii got class games like Zelda and more to follow

5 The wiimote is a great way of playing gaming console

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Gimmick

Doesn't matter about the price. Look at the Apple iPhone... well actually the iPhone isn't selling as much as the existing competitor but worms still eat it up.

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts

Pretty much. Certainly doesn't seem to be any other reason why people are buying it.Sushbag88

Err no.

If the PS3 was $300, the Wii would still outsell it. Why?

Because the Wii is "in". The iPod was never the "best" MP3 player, but its fresh image and friendly design gave it an absurd market share. Public perception is what is key here, not simply price.

Proof? You can get a 360 for $50 more than a Wii, and get a much more powerful console. People would rather have a Wii.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

[QUOTE="Sushbag88"]Pretty much. Certainly doesn't seem to be any other reason why people are buying it.KirbyFan10101

Err no.

Because the Wii is "in". The iPod was never the "best" MP3 player, but its fresh image and friendly design gave it an absurd market share. Public perception is what is key here, not simply price.

Proof? You can get a 360 for $50 more than a Wii, and get a much more powerful console. People would rather have a Wii.

Actually, the iPod was the only mp3 player that was getting around. Now it kept its "cool" image even though it's crap. A lot of smart people are starting to wear off of it and getting Creative Zens and Sony Walkman phones.

mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mohammad112388

[QUOTE="Sushbag88"]Pretty much. Certainly doesn't seem to be any other reason why people are buying it.KirbyFan10101

Err no.

LOL. You think that if PS3 was priced at 300$, the wii would still outsell it. Your joking me. That is like saying you could get a toshiba 5.1 sourround system for 100$...OR...a Bose 7.1 surround sound system for 150$. Im pretty sure people would go for the Bose, jjust like people wouldRATHER go for the PS3(IF it WERE 300$).

KirbyFan10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KirbyFan10101
Member since 2005 • 890 Posts
[QUOTE="KirbyFan10101"]

[QUOTE="Sushbag88"]Pretty much. Certainly doesn't seem to be any other reason why people are buying it.mohammad112388

Err no.

LOL. You think that if PS3 was priced at 300$, the wii would still outsell it. Your joking me. That is like saying you could get a toshiba 5.1 sourround system for 100$...OR...a Bose 7.1 surround sound system for 150$. Im pretty sure people would go for the Bose, jjust like people wouldRATHER go for the PS3(IF it WERE 300$).

Video game consoles don't sell as a result of their power. Stop kidding yourself.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15999 Posts

1. It's cheap

2. People are falling for Nintendo's hype like I did

wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
Because a child would like top of the line graphics and features so he wants an Xbox 360/PS3, but his Mom would rather spend less money on him so she buys him a Wii instead. Oh, and also a lot of people probably think that the motion sensing is the coolest thing ever even though it gets old really fast just like the Eye Toy did.
Optusnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Optusnet
Member since 2003 • 11065 Posts

People are playing this whole 'wii is a gimmick' role really well.

"I DON WANNA FLAIL MY ARMS AROUND OR WAGGLE WAGGLE THE WIIMOTE"

It amazes me how people automatically think the majority of wii owners just had their parents pick the consoles for them because it's 'cheaper'.

The fact is, 360 and PS3 gaming is too exclusive and would drive the industry into the ground. Japan was losing interest in gaming until DS and Wii came out. Games are becoming more realistic or more like real life and less like games. I don't want to see how a guy would die in the virtual world as if he were in the real world - I want to see him blow 10 metres in the air and come crashing down in flames. Cosmetic improvements are becoming top priority in next-gen gaming and it's a reason why people aren't enjoying this gen like previous gens. It's all too much the same. Killzone looks great, but what does it bring new to the table thar I can't findon any other last-gen shooter?

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
>.> The controller.
mohammad112388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mohammad112388

The coontroller really is not that revolutionary. It is fun for a while bot dulls down real quick. I guess im too much of a hardcore gamer for the wii......or just too much of a gamer in general to accept its changes towards its new audience:EVERYONE BUT GAMERS!!!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#25 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Because it's different
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
damn people are hating so hard on the wii... it's like just because they've got a balance board the whole console is some kind of leprosy carrier. Let me ask you guys, where were you when Sony announced the Singstar microphone? How about the Buzz controller or the Eyetoy? You weren't on system wars crying "SONY DUSNT CARE ABOUT GAMERZZ!!1!" were you?
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
GC was the cheapest...
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
[QUOTE="squallff8_fan"][QUOTE="mohammad112388"]

1.It is cheap

Eponique

That can go for any console (PS3).

I think for a system that has been at that price tag of $599 and still almost being able to sell 4 million units alone shows u just how much the brand name alone playstation can sell even with such a high price tag. Now flip the script around and lets say the ps3 were $250, I guarantee u wouldnt find one available in any store aswell, heck even the one displaying the games would have to be sold for the demand. That is the honest truth. Only thing really holding the ps3 back is the price tag. Even the interview with lead capcom president said that the ppl of japan are all waiting patiently to buy a ps3, but they need to cut the price and bring out more games.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Price has little to do with it. If it did, the GC would hav been the top console last gen.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
GC was the cheapest...hyruledweller
it wasnt almost half the price of both competitors. infact i dont remember it being much cheaper for extended periods than the other consoles.
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
Because a child would like top of the line graphics and features so he wants an Xbox 360/PS3, but his Mom would rather spend less money on him so she buys him a Wii instead. Oh, and also a lot of people probably think that the motion sensing is the coolest thing ever even though it gets old really fast just like the Eye Toy did.wallpaper42
A child doesn't care about graphics :|.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
The Wii, imo, is the worst next gen system. Out dated graphics, and severe lack of software just does not cut it. People only buy it because it is cheap. And the only good game it has (legend of zeld:tp) is on gamecube. And the wii-mote is cool, but i prefer a controller....its more reliable. I have all 3 systems, and PS3 WINS. Why? Because my 360 already broke on me, and PS3 will have better games...period.mohammad112388

The wii isn't a next gen system.I agree with the stuff about the PS3 though :)
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts

1.It is cheap

mohammad112388

The GC was cheap. Sorry, try again.

I love how lemmings and cows are now resorting to grasping at straws while their consoles fail horribly. I specially like the "we have teh best games!!11" argument coming from people who are constantly playing ports and took 13 months to get a decent exclusive on their system. :lol:

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
damn people are hating so hard on the wii... it's like just because they've got a balance board the whole console is some kind of leprosy carrier. Let me ask you guys, where were you when Sony announced the Singstar microphone? How about the Buzz controller or the Eyetoy? You weren't on system wars crying "SONY DUSNT CARE ABOUT GAMERZZ!!1!" were you?chutup

Sony didn't build the console around any of those perreferals, they were just optional add-ons. the Wii made their controller the key selling point of their system. Thus making it not so much about the games, but the way in which you controll them. Be that a good or bad thing, i have no idea, but I'll stick to my "old fassion" Bluetooth controller, and HD content, thanks.

I suppose next sheep are going to be telling us HDTV is going to die out because you don't need HD to play games, right?
creativeminded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 creativeminded
Member since 2005 • 1729 Posts

1. It's cheap....lol since when is that a bad thing?

2.It'sNintendosoyouareguarenteedgreatfirstpartysupport

3.It'smotioncontrolsowecanfinallygetintothegameinsteadofhittingabutton,lol

4.Youdorealisehowmuchfunmythirdpointisright?

5.Third party support is growing fast and so is the improvement in game quality (yes the first batch were bad..get over it they wanted fast money!!!)

6.TherearemorefungamescomingtotheWiithenthereisforboththe360andPS3combined(forthisyear)

7.Feelinglazy...thatwilldoDonkey...thatwill...ZZZzzz

AsJagpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AsJagpal
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The main reason is because its the cheapest. Its fun to play as well and a bit more different to the other two consoles but if it cost the same as the 360 or PS3 there wouldn't be many sales AT ALL.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
pretty much yes..
Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
Cheap is about 1/3 of the reason. Appeal is another 1/3 of the reason, and fun games is the last 1/3 of the reason.
Cassius128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cassius128
Member since 2005 • 2670 Posts
[QUOTE="mohammad112388"]

1.It is cheap

squallff8_fan

add 350$ to any console price and you would see the same result.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
If that were the case, the Gamecube would have won last gen. It is its ease of use combined with the fun of playing it and the non-gamer smash hit Wiisports. It actually has nothing to do with it being cheap, it is more expensive than the Gamecube was.
tag_001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tag_001
Member since 2004 • 1595 Posts

It's the cheapest and offers a great new/refreshing way of playing games, specially sports games and mini game, which are probably the most popular genres between casuals and non-gamers.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eponique

TC, you don't buy something just because it's cheap. There must be interest. If you hate oranges, you don't go outside and buy oranges because they're cheap. You hate oranges, why buy them?

To get something to sell there must be interest. And judging by the 9 million sales in 9 months shows that people are interested in the Wii.

Lesson learned: Price is only small factor in what determines a purchase. There must be interest. The only way price effects if it were to be expensive.People have interest in thePS3 but itis too expensive, that's why no one buys it. The Wii is cheap, the people who are interested can afford to purchase.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

This is why...

Blackcuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blackcuber
Member since 2002 • 13488 Posts

"Selling because its the cheaper"

If that logic was true, the PS2 and the PSP would be outselling the Wii and the Cube would have been top selling console last gen. Price is only one factor not the entire reason.

Avatar image for norfliver_basic
norfliver_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 norfliver_basic
Member since 2002 • 2069 Posts

Id never buy the cheap one. I only go for the best. I dont know how its sellin so well.Metalhero1

This is because you don't have one !

monkey-squable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 monkey-squable
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
its funny because there are some crazy fan boys that think the ps3 is revolutinary but why did the ps3 steal the wiis control shceme 6 months after wi anounced there controll shceme hahahahaha an i love how people think that graphics are evrey thing hahaha i would love to spit in there faces
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts

1.It is cheap

mohammad112388

Gamecube was cheap.  it lost last gen.  

/thread
bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bulb_or_parrot
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
Name another $250 7th generation platform that comes with a game *and* has a cool title like Twilight Princess or Super Paper Mario to play. That's it - a couple of decent games, a low pricetag, and a pack-in game. People see that steamy cheeseburger next to like, some expensive steaks like the PS3 or 360 and they're like "I just want a cheeseburger and fries on my lunchbreak" so they get the Wii.

Personally, I'm not a 100% fan of the Wii library right now, but from the eyes of some dude just wanting some games, well, he's not going to pay $600 just for something he plays for fun every now and then! I wish Sony had made a $300 console like they did with the PS2... that would have been like a cheeseburger with a chocolate milkshake.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#49 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

The cheap console alwasy wins?

I guess that explains why the GC was number1 last gen

bulb_or_parrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bulb_or_parrot
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts

The cheap console alwasy wins?

I guess that explains why the GC was number1 last gen

BuryMe

With all due respect, all of the consoles were pretty cheap to start with last generation ($300 PS2 / $200 GCN / $300 Xbox)... then, shortly after the Xbox / GCN launch, the PS2 dropped to $200, the Gamecube dropped to $150, and the Xbox dropped to $200. For most of the Gamecube's life, it was only $50 less than a system (the PS2) with a much better library of games.

It wasn't like the Gamecube had a $150 price advantage, while still having a good library of games - it has a $50 price advantage, and wasn't home to as many of the games everyone was talking about...