Why was Playstation Allstars such a commercial failure?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

for comparison sake, how well do other fighting games sell?

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

for comparison sake, how well do other fighting games sell?

FeedOnATreeFrog

Depends. I think the top selling fighters come from NetherRealm (MK), Capcom (SF, MVC, etc), Konami (Tekken), and probably another Japanese game creator I forget that people will remind me about.

But I don't think it's just about how fighting games do on their first week at retail. That only tells half the story about fighters and their fans. It's much more about the culture that surrounds it. 

Also, I don't know what All-Stars first week sales where. I tried looking. Sorry!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Even if they had of made the perfect Smash Bros clone, I still don't think it would of sold that well.  I think it all falls down to the fact that Sony franchises and their characters just aren't as popular or rememberable as Nintendo characters.   None them really made their mark on the gaming universe as much as Mario, Zelda, Samus, Kirby and many others did.  

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#104 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Game seriously felt underdeveloped, and extremely bare bones compared to SSBB.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Because it's a poor man's Super Smash Bros. that plays like ass and the roster is pathetic?

In the real world, no one gives a f*ck about most of those characters. Sorry to break it to you, Cows.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#106 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

While I really enjoy the game and play it a lot, I felt that it needed to be polished up a bit more gameplay wise.

Also the marketing was horrible. 

SDC_4_LIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SDC_4_LIFE
Member since 2013 • 164 Posts

Failure?  Do you need a dictionary, son?

The game sold thousands.  MULTI - thousands.  Where I come from that's a big success.  Have you sold thousands of anything?  Flipping Big Macs doesn't count either.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#108 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Because it's a poor man's Super Smash Bros. that plays like ass and the roster is pathetic?

In MTV's Real World [fixed], no one gives a f*ck about most of those characters. Sorry to break it to you, Cows.

DarkLink77

Uhhhh....what? I assume you sort of know that statement is absurd. Nintendo's is basically the same 4 characters in every Nintendo game since the 80s (yes it is an ignorant statement, but still an exaggeration although I do like SSBB), and MS would probably only have Master Chief, Marcus Fenix, and a Kinectimal Tiger and that's about it.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Honestly I think whoever was in charge of marketing at Sony interfered on the creativity of the project far too much. I mean the tie ins, Bioshock Infinite, MG Rising, Ninja Theory Donte and so on? All that PlayStation legacy and super cool things possible pretty neglected. Not to say that's the only reason.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#110 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
plays like assDarkLink77
Dawg, you trollin'. If anything, the Vita version makes me really excited for Smash on the 3DS.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]plays like assBlabadon
Dawg, you trollin'. If anything, the Vita version makes me really excited for Smash on the 3DS.

I wish I were, believe you me. That game sucks.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 DropsofJupiter
Member since 2013 • 1449 Posts
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]plays like assDarkLink77

I liked it on the Vita. It was just fun. Not Smash level (and the horrible characters/menus/music/presentation was a big downer), but I did have fun playing it.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Dawg, you trollin'. If anything, the Vita version makes me really excited for Smash on the 3DS.DropsofJupiter

I liked it on the Vita. It was just fun. Not Smash level (and the horrible characters/menus/music/presentation was a big downer), but I did have fun playing it.

I guess it's fun if you don't own a Super Smash Bros. game and don't know any better. But if you could be playing Super Smash Bros. instead, why bother?
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DropsofJupiter
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I wish I were, believe you me. That game sucks.

I guess it's fun if you don't own a Super Smash Bros. game and don't know any better. But if you could be playing Super Smash Bros. instead, why bother?

Because Nintendo takes f*cking forever to come out with a new Smash Bros.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"] I liked it on the Vita. It was just fun. Not Smash level (and the horrible characters/menus/music/presentation was a big downer), but I did have fun playing it.

So go play Melee, like you'll keep doing when the new one comes out anyway.
DropsofJupiter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DropsofJupiter
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I guess it's fun if you don't own a Super Smash Bros. game and don't know any better. But if you could be playing Super Smash Bros. instead, why bother?

So go play Melee, like you'll keep doing when the new one comes out anyway.

I cannot argue with this
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
I thought the demo was okay but the game just doesn't feel like it's worth $60. I know I like to praise Sony but it doesn't mean I have to buy every exclusive they make :|
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="DropsofJupiter"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I wish I were, believe you me. That game sucks.DarkLink77

biggest load iv heard and I own all smash games.