Why is Xbox Live so much better than PSN?

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 wawasjohn
Member since 2008 • 411 Posts

i thought they were the same. but most people say Live is much better. just want to know why?

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

because you pay for it, thats why its better....didn't you know?

USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 USBxDVD
Member since 2011 • 520 Posts
Because you pay for it. Placebo effect.
gameking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 gameking5000
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Because it's got more features like cross-game chat. But you have to pay for it.

wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wawasjohn
why is paying for it better????
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wawasjohn
oh so only cross-game chat. i dont think that is worth 50 bucks a year
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Because you pay for it. Placebo effect.USBxDVD

theres more features for 1, party chat and generally theres a lot of programming through inside xbox which is updated regularly :o

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]Because you pay for it. Placebo effect.razgriz_101

theres more features for 1, party chat and generally theres a lot of programming through inside xbox which is updated regularly :o

how come people always say, Theres more features and just say party chat and then thats it, you and another user in this thread have done this, what are these other features that i can't get on ps3 besides cross game chat. I have a 360 but i will never get live for it, am i missing something besides cross game chat because if its big i'll go get live right now.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]Because you pay for it. Placebo effect.Chris_Williams

how come people always say, Theres more features and just say party chat and then thats it, you and another user in this thread have done this, what are these other features that i can't get on ps3 besides cross game chat. I have a 360 but i will never get live for it, am i missing something besides cross game chat because if its big i'll go get live right now.

missed my second point there..

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

no i read that but you said there are more features, what are these features
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] how come people always say, Theres more features and just say party chat and then thats it, you and another user in this thread have done this, what are these other features that i can't get on ps3 besides cross game chat. I have a 360 but i will never get live for it, am i missing something besides cross game chat because if its big i'll go get live right now.

Chris_Williams

generally a lot of programming through inside xbox is that so hard to bloody understand.

Goolsbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Goolsbee
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
[QUOTE="Goolsbee"]its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.

cross game chat and cross game invites are big +'s to me.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 razgriz_101

oh yeah on my point of coverage

Theres around 30 videos from Gamescon up on the dash under spotlight showing most of the major releases and little interviews etc,theres OXM reports,Gamespot and IGN have content and theres handy little vids like Insider moves if your an achievement person :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

generally a lot of programming through inside xbox is that so hard to bloody understand.

fine, your still not giving me features other than party chat and a videogame insider show which has alot of "programming" behind it. Cool
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wawasjohn
its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.Goolsbee
no way the asme thing
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chris_Williams

oh yeah on my point of coverage

Theres around 30 videos from Gamescon up on the dash under spotlight showing most of the major releases and little interviews etc,theres OXM reports,Gamespot and IGN have content and theres handy little vids like Insider moves if your an achievement person :P

razgriz_101
yet with playstation you can either go to HOME and watch all that stuff for free or head to the psn store and click on the gamescon icon where they have all the trailers from gamescon FOR FREE.
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wawasjohn
same not asme
Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tyrant156
Member since 2004 • 737 Posts
[QUOTE="Goolsbee"]its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.

Errr but Androids do more....
doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

Xbox Live arcade has better titles and that's kind of it in my opinion...

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] no i read that but you said there are more features, what are these featuresChris_Williams

fine, your still not giving me features other than party chat and a videogame insider show which has alot of "programming" behind it. Cool

Read my post above.

But fine you think that way and stick with your narrow minded ideology, tbh Live for a month averages out at about less than 10p a day so why the heck do people baww.

Goolsbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Goolsbee
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="Goolsbee"]its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.

i guess its a feather in the cap, i actually dont like cross game chat though. But i know people do and i understand why, so im not trying to say its bad. I would actually pay a higher xbox live fee to get rid of it :P but thats just me and i know im a tad nutty. Still i cant honestly say i think xbox live earns its price premium.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Read my post above.

But fine you think that way and stick with your narrow minded ideology, tbh Live for a month averages out at about less than 10p a day so why the heck do people baww.

narrow minded ideology? i'm just asking you as a 360 owner to 360 owner what features does live have to make me try it out, so for you only have given me party chat and videogame insider shows.
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wawasjohn
still doesnt make sense y people go over the top about live. btw psn has web browser does live?
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wawasjohn

doomguy9
not really
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wawasjohn
QUOTE] narrow minded ideology? i'm just asking you as a 360 owner to 360 owner what features does live have to make me try it out, so for you only have given me party chat and videogame insider shows.

im with u mate
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 razgriz_101

still doesnt make sense y people go over the top about live. btw psn has web browser does live?wawasjohn

that isnt a PSN feature as you are not required to log into the PSn network to actuallly use it but nice try using that hobbled mess as a point.

USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 USBxDVD

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"]Because you pay for it. Placebo effect.Chris_Williams

LOL. So true. "You get tons of features for your money. For example party chat, cross game chat, etc." Really....
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Same tired points from both sides in the same tired argument.

I don't mind paying for Live, it's one of the many small expenses in life. For me it's worth it.

If it's not worth it for you, don't get it, stick with PSN, I don't care.

wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wawasjohn

[QUOTE="wawasjohn"]still doesnt make sense y people go over the top about live. btw psn has web browser does live?razgriz_101

that isnt a PSN feature as you are not required to log into the PSn network to actuallly use it but nice try using that hobbled mess as a point.

ok than y is anything to do with internet better on xbox than ps. now how is psn a mess???????????????
wawasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wawasjohn
[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

Same tired points from both sides in the same tired argument.

I don't mind paying for Live, it's one of the many small expenses in life. For me it's worth it.

If it's not worth it for you, don't get it, stick with PSN, I don't care.

i just wanted to know y is it so much better. btw im getting off now. ill check again in the morning
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="wawasjohn"]still doesnt make sense y people go over the top about live. btw psn has web browser does live?wawasjohn

ok than y is anything to do with internet better on xbox than ps. now how is psn a mess???????????????

Facepalm for you on order.

I was meaning that utter mess they pass off as an internet browser, even the iPad has a better browser than it, ever tried posting on GS with it? its a complete and utter nightmare that should have just been left out.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tyrant156
still doesnt make sense y people go over the top about live. btw psn has web browser does live?wawasjohn
I was just going to mention the browser and PS home where you can mic chat all day and socialize and play mini games all for free. PS3 has cross game chat, just not cross game mic chat, it's text based. I find it easier to just hit up someone with a quick text as opposed to calling but that is up to the individual. PSN does have cross game invites for PSN games, you just click on the invite and it stops the game and goes right into the lobby. For blu ray games if you are playing a different game you take the disc out then click on the invite and it takes you to the lobby. For Live they skip the step of going to the main menu, live is more integrated but the winning feature for me is the web browser. I mean if you're going to pay for Live then add internet explorer to it, it's windows for christ sake.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

USBxDVD

LOL. So true. "You get tons of features for your money. For example party chat, cross game chat, etc." Really....

For 10p a day basically oohhh thats so expensive for me.

A fiver a month is nothing out my wages at all so i dont really see a point in complaing bout such a small fee :-/

doomguy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 doomguy9
Member since 2011 • 355 Posts

[QUOTE="doomguy9"]

wawasjohn

not really

Name 1 good exclusive PSN title.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="wawasjohn"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

Facepalm for you on order.

I was meaning that utter mess they pass off as an internet browser, even the iPad has a better browser than it, ever tried posting on GS with it? its a complete and utter nightmare that should have just been left out.

I've posted on GS using the browser, worked fine to me. Oh and Home and PSN games still link you to the net using the browser so it's part of the network just not fully integrated.
USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 USBxDVD

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] how come people always say, Theres more features and just say party chat and then thats it, you and another user in this thread have done this, what are these other features that i can't get on ps3 besides cross game chat. I have a 360 but i will never get live for it, am i missing something besides cross game chat because if its big i'll go get live right now.

razgriz_101

A fiver a month is nothing out my wages at all so i dont really see a point in complaing bout such a small fee :-/

Its not a matter of cost. Its a matter of morals and self respect. I simply will not allow Microsoft to make me pay to use peer 2 peer. They might have scored a victory in the console market but they will never score a victory in the PC market because PC gamers are too informed on the matter. Its exactly why their GFWL plan failed.
Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tyrant156

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] how come people always say, Theres more features and just say party chat and then thats it, you and another user in this thread have done this, what are these other features that i can't get on ps3 besides cross game chat. I have a 360 but i will never get live for it, am i missing something besides cross game chat because if its big i'll go get live right now.

razgriz_101

Lol yup and that's why it's so profitable to MS because it's just the right amount of money for people not to make a fuss. But if you had a 360 and Live from day one you've paid 500$ to game online and party chat which is free on other devices.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="Goolsbee"]its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.

True that. I'm always on cross game chat. There's also more content.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Ease of use and much higher level of quality in all the services it provides. If you have a slim the wireless N also makes a difference. The wireless receiver in the PS3 just isn't very good at all. XBLA also provides far more content than the PSN store. The biggest thing for me though has to be party chat, completely changed the way I game forever.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="USBxDVD"] LOL. So true. "You get tons of features for your money. For example party chat, cross game chat, etc." Really....USBxDVD

Its not a matter of cost. Its a matter of morals and self respect. I simply will not allow Microsoft to make me pay to use peer 2 peer. They might have scored a victory in the console market but they will never score a victory in the PC market because PC gamers are too informed on the matter. Its exactly why their GFWL plan failed.

Morals..please its just simply buisness.

10 p a day that is so against everything i speak of.

Tyrant156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tyrant156
[QUOTE="LustForSoul"][QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="Goolsbee"]its not, both have the same functionality, but live has more bells and whistles. Kinda the same reason people buy iphones instead of android phones.

Like what? You don't have to have a Gold membership to buy games do you? What does a Silver account get you?
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
[QUOTE="Tyrant156"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"][QUOTE="dotWithShoes"] cross game chat and cross game invites are big +'s to me.

Like what? You don't have to have a Gold membership to buy games do you? What does a Silver account get you?

We're talking about XBL not XBL gold membership silly.
USBxDVD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 USBxDVD
[QUOTE="LustForSoul"][QUOTE="Tyrant156"][QUOTE="LustForSoul"] True that. I'm always on cross game chat. There's also more content.

We're talking about XBL not XBL gold membership silly.

Oh I see. In that case, PSN triumphs over XBL. All PSN users, + and free get to play online. Only XBL Gold users get to play online, while Silver users only get to access half of their game.
TwinMachetes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TwinMachetes
Member since 2011 • 100 Posts

1. Cross Game chat (Obvious one)

2. In general quicker download speeds from the store.

3. less downtime compared to the psn.

4. Able to sign in with more than 1 account at a time for all multiplayer games.

5. Kinects video chat works wonders.. I can use the xbox and my parents can use their normal MSN... Thats kinda "Cross platform" chat right?

6. Facebook/Twitter are clean and easy to use without using a buggy browser.

And soon.

1. Youtube that doesnt rely on a buggy browser

2. Beacons.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="razgriz_101"] fine, your still not giving me features other than party chat and a videogame insider show which has alot of "programming" behind it. Coolrazgriz_101

Read my post above.

oh geez, did you really try to use that price justification? Can you link me to where we can pay 10p a day for live? You should pay if you like al those other "features" you speak of. you should not have to pay to play p2p online. Even worse, you shouldnt have to pay MS to watch netflix. That right there is enough to not support live. I suppose you one system owners really have no choice though if you cant afford, or simply refuse to game on another machine.

Ease of use and much higher level of quality in all the services it provides. If you have a slim the wireless N also makes a difference. The wireless receiver in the PS3 just isn't very good at all. XBLA also provides far more content than the PSN store. The biggest thing for me though has to be party chat, completely changed the way I game forever. i5750at4Ghz

I seem to recall a time when it was said built in wireless was unnecessary, and MS gives its customers more choices by not including it. Now that Xbox has built in wifi, its the greatest thing ever. How tunes have changed.

As far as ease of use, I find PSN much easier to navigate. Call me crazy, but I liked the old blade UI. once they changed to the stupid avatars, it sucked.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] fine, your still not giving me features other than party chat and a videogame insider show which has alot of "programming" behind it. Coolmazdero

Read my post above.

oh geez, did you really try to use that price justification? Can you link me to where we can pay 10p a day for live? You should pay if you like al those other "features" you speak of. you should not have to pay to play p2p online. Even worse, you shouldnt have to pay MS to watch netflix. That right there is enough to not support live. I suppose you one system owners really have no choice though if you cant afford, or simply refuse to game on another machine.

I geet my mones worth out it cause i use Last FM a LOT its been a great source of finding bands (found out bout Veil of Maya,The Faceless,Martyr,Anterior,Fireworks are a few examples).

BTW i have the PS3/360/Wii and PC (for older games mainly last gen and prior) xD.On top of that i've haad my PS3 since 07 and my 360 since last December.

TwinMachetes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TwinMachetes
Member since 2011 • 100 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] fine, your still not giving me features other than party chat and a videogame insider show which has alot of "programming" behind it. Coolmazdero

Read my post above.

Save this post for when the PS4 is pay 2 play.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

[QUOTE="mazdero"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Read my post above.

razgriz_101

I geet my mones worth out it cause i use Last FM a LOT its been a great source of finding bands (found out bout Veil of Maya,The Faceless,Martyr,Anterior,Fireworks are a few examples).

BTW i have the PS3/360/Wii and PC (for older games mainly last gen and prior) xD.On top of that i've haad my PS3 since 07 and my 360 since last December.

Thats what I'm saying though, for you it makes sense to pay because you actually use and enjoy those extra features not directly related to gaming. For someone whos only interest is to get their moneys worth out of their game by playing it online, its a rip off.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts

Oh I forgot another imprtant factor. Download speed. Just recently the Madden demo came out, same size on both platforms. Not only was it out on the 360 hours sooner, it also downloaded in a third of the time. Why does PSN download so slowly? Do they not have american servers?