Why havent you bought a Vita yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#201 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Because I have no need for a mobile gaming device being the fat ass WoW nerd I am.

hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#202 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts
I wont buy one until the memory cards drop in price a lot more.
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

[QUOTE="fadersdream"][QUOTE="Articuno76"] I think we can agree with it being a big Sony first-party title that it is reasonable that the game will come out eventually...even if the platform is changed. I am not sure the same you could confidently say the same about platform agnostic third-parties though.-ArchAngeL-777-

I agree it will come out eventually, but I get frustrated when it is used as a 1:1 comparison against other companies products. I wait until five games I want exist on a system before I buy it. I felt like I waited forever on the PS3 to reach that point, and I broke that rule with the Wii and really regretted it. I feel bad for those who buy expecting a game to come out very soon, and then never see it materialize. Also, this past generation saw some of the very worst abuses of missing deadlines and coming up with excuses. "waiting until it is PERFECT" became the mantra for games that missed their due date so many times that it became obvious the parent company had completely lost control of the situation.

Yeah but he didnt just say there are games in development did he? He added that after saying to do a search for what games are available. He's right too. Everyone jumps on the "Vita has no games" bandwagon without checking into it or trying them at the local store. its just like the first two years of PS3. "All" we got out of that were great IPs like Warhawk, Uncharted, Resistance, Motorstorm, Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, Heavenly Sword...games people now look back on and realize were actually a good lineup. The Vita has a lot of good games out right now + it plays most of the PSP games on the PS Store. Its not even been out a year outside of Japan either.

I want to diplomatically say I disagree without it becoming a flame war... at best half of those games were mediocre to bad. I think Sony fans often mistake not liking PS3 choices as hating the PS3. Little Big Planet is great , and Valkyria is pretty good too. The rest however... Resistance would have been good on a PS2, but was bad on a next gen console. Heavenly Sword is too short and repetitive. Warhawk... had some serious issues, and wasn't very next gen either. Uncharted was mediocre, but the best they had to offer so it was made into more than it really was until the sequel. I wasn't actually bashing the Vita line up, just saying don't include unreleased games. Keep the argument on what is available on store shelves and I have nothing to say.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Money is kinda tight , i have a bunch of vita games on my PS3 though so when i get one games will be no problem

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Whats holding you back.

jimmypsn
Price and games. Lower the price on the systems and memory cards. Released some decent 1st party titles and I'll take a look. Until that happens, I'll wait.
Haroon90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Haroon90
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I use to be a happy owner of the psp system for a number of years and it served me well,full 3d console style games on the go,being able to play dvd quality films in a large 16:9 screen (which was unrivaled for its time) and the ability to cater to all my multi-media needs in one device. However the advantages of the sony handheld faded about half way through it's life cycle and now we have phones that do what the psp use to be good at plus more. The ps vita still has amazing specs for a handheld,big 5 inch super amoled plus screen,full array on console buttons as standard (the two thumb sticks) and a integrated online network that caters to what people who live and breathe games need. The ps vita will sit in it's reign as being the king of the ultimate portable gaming handheld that is unmatched in providing the console experience on a handheld in a sleek portable form factor
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

Tablets are a better investment of money than handheld gaming consoles.

p4s2p0

Not for my gaming needs.

Cool but this isn't about you want.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Has anyone changed their mind about the Vita?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#209 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
No games I'm interested at the cost it is right now.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Has anyone changed their mind about the Vita?

jimmypsn

I was interested in the Vita before it released but they announced the Memory card prices. Once they either get rid of those or drop the price I will get a Vita.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#211 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
I got a good deal on one (a little over a hundred dollars off) and got one around Christmas. I've logged almost 300 hours of gaming on it since. I have zero regrets getting it. It's a great handheld.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

I wont buy one until the memory cards drop in price a lot more.hyperjj3000

This.A 1000 times.

Considering the 4 and 8gig cards are next to useless ,and the price of the bigger cards is so ridicloulous as to be almost punitive,I'm betting sony deciding to use proprietry storage is putting off alot more people than just us.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

One thing I wonder about is if Sony touts Vita as console on the go?  How will they afford console like quality games on the Vita.  Its must cost sony a pretty penny for such a low install base.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

hand helds are for little kids to play with when going on long car rides

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#215 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

One thing I wonder about is if Sony touts Vita as console on the go?  How will they afford console like quality games on the Vita.  Its must cost sony a pretty penny for such a low install base.

jimmypsn
I'm guessing they reuse scalable assets from their home-console games...or at least that would make sense.