Why do people say MGS V will be better on PC?

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@notorious1234na said:

I was thinking this is a perfect thread for Spiderman, but too low in the comments now. :(

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Because of mods, PC gamers who want can outfit Snake in a banana hammock for some serious sultry stealth tactical espionage action, at least I hope so, otherwise what's the point of mods, am I right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lostrib

@lundy86_4 said:

What a stupid thread lol.

like you were expecting something different when you clicked on a SolidGame_Basic thread

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

like you were expecting something different when you slicked on a SolidGame_Basic thread

Slicked on?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

like you were expecting something different when you slicked on a SolidGame_Basic thread

Slicked on?

lol...that doesn't sound quite right

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I read your posts. Your rebuttal is based on nothing- Conan's post is based on objective, verifiable facts. By any objective metric, the PC version is better, unless you REALLY want the trophies for some reason.

It's especially funny, because you call or Xbox One or its games for minute ghraphicsl deficiencies, while there are much bigger graphical differences here that you are ignoring. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. With every passing day, you become more and more of a joke.

I already stated in the OP that I played both versions of Ground Zeroes

I already stated that this game was developed for consoles and is cross-generational.

I already stated that I am not claiming they are identical, but virtually the same.

"Objective facts" - he is talking about lighting and draw instance. This is a Metal Gear Solid game, no Skyrim.

Trophies do matter

Fans do associate MGS with PlayStation, and mark my words, it will sell better on PlayStation.

Is this thread about what version will be better or what version will sell better? Why are you bringing up sales? Sales have nothing to do with your question. Is that your fallback for everything. sales?

I also laughed at this part:

@SolidGame_basic said:

"Objective facts" - he is talking about lighting and draw instance. This is a Metal Gear Solid game, no Skyrim.

When we are talking about a massive open world game, in fact, one just like Skyrim in that regard.

Literally the only sensible thing you said in your entire post was this-

@SolidGame_basic said:

Trophies do matter

If they matter enough to you to ignore the plethora of improvements or options the PC version can provide, then yes, you may want to play it pn PS4 (or PS3, since that's also PlayStation, after all) instead, but so far, that's the only thing you've said that made any sense.

Really, the only thing this thread did is demonstrate that there is no need to even play the game on PS4- as you mentioned, it was built with cross generational hardware in mind, you don't notice graphical differences, but you do want to play it with PlayStation because Trophies matter, and you associate it with PlayStation. I presume you will be playing this game on PS3, then.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lostrib

SGB gets rekt by Char...yet again

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I read your posts. Your rebuttal is based on nothing- Conan's post is based on objective, verifiable facts. By any objective metric, the PC version is better, unless you REALLY want the trophies for some reason.

It's especially funny, because you call or Xbox One or its games for minute ghraphicsl deficiencies, while there are much bigger graphical differences here that you are ignoring. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds. With every passing day, you become more and more of a joke.

I already stated that this game was developed for consoles and is cross-generational.

I already stated that I am not claiming they are identical, but virtually the same.

Trophies do matter

Fans do associate MGS with PlayStation, and mark my words, it will sell better on PlayStation.

Is this thread about what version will be better or what version will sell better? Why are you bringing up sales? Sales have nothing to do with your question. Is that your fallback for everything. sales?

I also laughed at this part:

@SolidGame_basic said:

When we are talking about a massive open world game, in fact, one just like Skyrim in that regard.

Literally the only sensible thing you said in your entire post was this-

@SolidGame_basic said:

Trophies do matter

If they matter enough to you to ignore the plethora of improvements or options the PC version can provide, then yes, you may want to play it pn PS4 (or PS3, since that's also PlayStation, after all) instead, but so far, that's the only thing you've said that made any sense.

Really, the only thing this thread did is demonstrate that there is no need to even play the game on PS4- as you mentioned, it was built with cross generational hardware in mind, you don't notice graphical differences, but you do want to play it with PlayStation because Trophies matter, and you associate it with PlayStation. I presume you will be playing this game on PS3, then.

Again, conceptualize. Give me some substance. You said lighting and draw distance. So tell me how that's going to make MGS a much better on game on PC than console. Please, I'll be delighted to know. Because I literally just played Ground Zeroes on my GTX 970. So give me some good stuff.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Trophies do matter

I bet you have some strong shoulders from pushing those goalposts around.

Yes, it will almost definitely sell better on PS systems. If you made a topic about that, I doubt any level headed poster would disagree. Does that make the game better? No.

Trophies don't make a game better. That said, the same exact achievements are in the Steam version as the Xbox versions. So this is a non-argument.

I don't see why it being cross-gen matters. Let me ask, do you think the PS4 version is better than the PS3 version?

And yes, Objective facts, because that's exactly what they are. And in a systemic open world infiltration game, draw distance does matter. More-so than Skyrim.

I mean let's be real here, even if the draw distance only added to the visual flair, it would still be just another aspect of the PC version that is better. That said, it directly effects gameplay. I will have a more complete experience with this game because of it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Solid, where the **** is the MLB15 The show Hype thread?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-does-everyone-forget-sony-s-other-aaa-this-mon-31923119/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

Again, conceptualize. Give me some substance. You said lighting and draw distance. So tell me how that's going to make MGS a much better on game on PC than console. Please, I'll be delighted to know. Because I literally just played Ground Zeroes on my GTX 970. So give me some good stuff.

pics or GTFO

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Trophies do matter

I bet you have some strong shoulders from pushing those goalposts around.

Yes, it will almost definitely sell better on PS systems. If you made a topic about that, I doubt any level headed poster would disagree. Does that make the game better? No.

Trophies don't make a game better. That said, the same exact achievements are in the Steam version as the Xbox versions. So this is a non-argument.

I don't see why it being cross-gen matters. Let me ask, do you think the PS4 version is better than the PS3 version?

And yes, Objective facts, because that's exactly what they are. And in a systemic open world infiltration game, draw distance does matter. More-so than Skyrim.

I mean let's be real here, even if the draw distance only added to the visual flair, it would still be just another aspect of the PC version that is better. That said, it directly effects gameplay. I will have a more complete experience with this game because of it.

So, give me some details. Please give me some examples about the advantages of draw distance in metal gear. I just played both PC and console version. Maybe I'm wrong, go ahead!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

pics or GTFO

Found the pics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh, but I didn't say anything- I just said the PC version conclusively looks better, you were the the one who specifically mentioned the lighting and draw distance being better.

But you know what, let's play ball. You are asking me, why an open world stealth infiltration game, which requires long term tracking of enemy movements and behaviors, with dynamic AI based on the time of the day, and the immediate context of where the enemy AI is (such as whether its standing next to a lamppost in an otherwise dark area, or inside a brightly lit room), you are asking me why a game like this would benefit from better lighting and draw distance? Is this a fucking serious question?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 lostrib

@PonchoTaco said:

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

pics or GTFO

Found the picture.

the power of teh CELL!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lostrib: To be fair, the Cell could have been the future of computing, if it a) wasn't such a bitch to work with, b) hadn't been abandoned by Sony as soon as things went south (which seems to be a running theme with them), and c) wasn't so bottlenecked in so many baffling ways.

Conceptually, however, it was a great idea.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh, but I didn't say anything- I just said the PC version conclusively looks better, you were the the one who specifically mentioned the lighting and draw distance being better.

But you know what, let's play ball. You are asking me, why an open world stealth infiltration game, which requires long term tracking of enemy movements and behaviors, with dynamic AI based on the time of the day, and the immediate context of where the enemy AI is (such as whether its standing next to a lamppost in an otherwise dark area, or inside a brightly lit room), you are asking me why a game like this would benefit from better lighting and draw distance? Is this a fucking serious question?

So show me with pictures so I can see the difference. I am clearly in need of new glasses even though I have a 24 hour inch monitor 3 feet from my face. Also, you actually brought up those two things as you were channeling Conan and asked me to rebute him.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I played Ground Zeroes on both console and PC and they pretty much look the same. Also, we all know this game was developed for cross generational consoles in mind. So what would make one think that PC will be best? Every MGS has looked and played great on consoles. And we all know Metal Gear Solid was born on PlayStation. Heck, PC isn't even getting a collectors edition.

it won't be i play japanese playstatin franchises on ps4

just like i play dlc exclusive franchises like destiny/batman on ps4

if its japanese ps4

if dlc is first ps4

if the graphics look better ps4

im not paying 60 dollars for a pc steam game thats digital only or some crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

So show me with pictures so I can see the difference. I am clearly in need of new glasses even though I have a 24 hour inch monitor 3 feet from my face.

Here, I'll do you one better:

Loading Video...

Also, reposting this for you, because clearly you don't ant to acknowledge Conan's post:

Having proven its technical mettle on console already, Ground Zeroes on PC continues a very strong run for Kojima's latest. Rather than rest on its laurels with fixed, console-grade graphics, it caters to most needs with a string of worthwhile visual upgrades. The boldest of these is its broadened object LODs and added lights - each pushing past what's possible on PS4 - and only slightly let down by a missing option to run above 60fps. With so many options to hand, this ranks as a very clean, solid conversion.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605: lmao! you just proved my point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Man, it's like talking to a wall.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

Simply being the same game, but with higher fidelity graphics makes it better.

As for draw distance:

When you want to strategically take out a base with silenced weapons, but you can't because soldiers randomly pop into view rather than being viewable from any distance, that's a problem.

When you want to take out an installation or vehicle, but you can't because it's too far across the map, that's a problem.

When you see an explosive barrel through binos or a sniper scope, want to shoot it with a silenced weapon to cause a base wide distraction and lure your enemies away, but it disappears from the map when not viewed through a high powered scope... that's really a damn problem.

The big kicker about this game, the thing that sets it apart from previous titles in the series, is the immense amount of freedom in sprawling areas. It's a stealth sandbox, meant for the player to carve his own path. This whole concept is severely handicapped when the draw distance doesn't hold up.

And to think, this is just a single base. Nothing in comparison to the sprawling areas of MGSV proper.

Aside from all that, pop in is a jarring thing and a total immersion breaker when it's constantly happening at medium distances.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

That doesn't seem to be that way with me, as I started MG on XBOX 360. :P

Otherwise, I see what you mean I prefer my Bond FPS (and Free Radical's TS2) on Nintendo consoles thanks to playing Goldeneye on N64.

I was just having a laugh, honestly. But it's good you're having a go at MGS.

I do remember you bringing up Nightfire. Play this shit on something that isn't PC, and I absolutely agree. PC version is just not cool compared to(what I played) the Gamecube version.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#75 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Don't know why you guys bother.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

you literally just proved my point. the game was clearly made for console, and has some refinements on the PC do due (obviously) better refinement. how big are the improvements? not significant as, let's say, 30 fps to 60 fps. Or 720p to 1080p. BUT oh, the lighting and draw distance! lmao!!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DEadliNE-Zero0

TC, i care so much, i made the hype thread for you, since you forgot.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib

@charizard1605: seriously, how are you supposed to have a discussion with someone who is that delusional

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SolidGame_basic

@deadline-zero0 said:

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Oh my God, Conan is still fighting the good fight.

I wish you luck, brother. I'm out of here before I pop a vein or something. Christ.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I think Solid game really needs to prove he owns all the hardware he says he does. What is it a GTX 970, PS4, Xbone, Wii U, 3DS, and Vita?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DEadliNE-Zero0

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

lol

I'm there for ya mate

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lostrib

@Kaze_no_Mirai: don't hold your breath.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I played Ground Zeroes on both console and PC and they pretty much look the same. Also, we all know this game was developed for cross generational consoles in mind. So what would make one think that PC will be best? Every MGS has looked and played great on consoles. And we all know Metal Gear Solid was born on PlayStation. Heck, PC isn't even getting a collectors edition.

Metal Gear Solid was born on Playstation.

“And the word Solid in Metal Gear Solid has three meanings. First of all, Solid Snake is a character name...“This time Metal Gear is displayed in full polygonal form, and I used “Solid” to describe the cubic structure. also, the “Solid” means to the third power mathematically”

...Metal Gear Solid TWO came after the first game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Simply being the same game, but with higher fidelity graphics makes it better.

As for draw distance:

When you want to strategically take out a base with silenced weapons, but you can't because soldiers randomly pop into view rather than being viewable from any distance, that's a problem.

When you want to take out an installation or vehicle, but you can't because it's too far across the map, that's a problem.

When you see an explosive barrel through binos or a sniper scope, want to shoot it with a silenced weapon to cause a base wide distraction and lure your enemies away, but it disappears from the map when not viewed through a high powered scope... that's really a damn problem.

The big kicker about this game, the thing that sets it apart from previous titles in the series, is the immense amount of freedom in sprawling areas. It's a stealth sandbox, meant for the player to carve his own path. This whole concept is severely handicapped when the draw distance doesn't hold up.

And to think, this is just a single base. Nothing in comparison to the sprawling areas of MGSV proper.

Aside from all that, pop in is a jarring thing and a total immersion breaker when it's constantly happening at medium distances.

dude, it's a metal gear game. you are moving from point to point, taking out enemies nearby. you're going to shoot someone from a distance and leave a dead body out in the open? and what are you going to hit that barrel with other than a sniper rifle?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner

@charizard1605 said:

I wish you luck, brother. I'm out of here before I pop a vein or something. Christ.

Heh, I don't mind. I know Solid knows the truth, I just like rubbing it in his face.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

@ConanTheStoner said:

@charizard1605 said:

Heh, I don't mind. I know Solid knows the truth, I just like rubbing it in his face.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 freedomfreak
@ConanTheStoner said:

I just like rubbing it in his face.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@lostrib said:

@freedomfreak: that makes no sense

I think what freedomfreak meant was OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)?

@lostrib said:

SGB gets rekt by Char...yet again

He never learns does he?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic said:

dude, it's a metal gear game. you are moving from point to point, taking out enemies nearby. you're going to shoot someone from a distance and leave a dead body out in the open?

Just because you feel like playing one specific limited way doesn't mean I do.

I could just as easily say:

Dude, it's a Metal Gear game. You play the game with all sorts of different play styles, because these games encourage it and that's what makes them so awesome!

Not only am I doubting that you played GZ on PC now. I'm doubting that you even played it at all. Seems like you have no idea how this title works.

@SolidGame_basic said:

and what are you going to hit that barrel with other than a sniper rifle?

A silenced weapon? That's kind of the whole point of making a distraction. I want to send the enemies the other way, not bring them towards me.

You probably haven't played the game, so you might not know what I'm talking about, but just in case:

You know the front gate of the admin building? The one where trucks pull in periodically? Facing out of that gate there is a metal guard tower. It's not very far away at all. There is an explosive barrel underneath. As short as that distance is, the barrel still disappears. That's pathetic. It completely ruined my plan of action one time and was a total immersion breaker.

That's just one of MANY examples of course.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Slicked on?

lol...that doesn't sound quite right

Ewww. lol.

True though, I shouldn't expect better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

dude, it's a metal gear game. you are moving from point to point, taking out enemies nearby. you're going to shoot someone from a distance and leave a dead body out in the open? and what are you going to hit that barrel with other than a sniper rifle?

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

OMFG. My sides hurt now.

Yep, SolidGame hasn't played Ground Zeroes, confirmed. Jesus Christ, this might have been the best thread we have had in a very long time.

MetalGearJoel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By MetalGearJoel
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

This is very poor trolling. A simple YouTube search would show you a drastic difference. I knew there was a difference, but just the other day I was bored enough to look and was floored. The FoxEngine runs like witchcraft, but especially on PC.

None the less, I'll happily enjoy it on my PS4 as it will be 60 fps and anytime that is reached I'll never complain.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ConanTheStoner

@charizard1605 said:

OMFG. My sides hurt now.

Yep, SolidGame hasn't played Ground Zeroes, confirmed. Jesus Christ, this might have been the best thread we have had in a very long time.

Ha, yeah it would seem so. First SMG2, now GZ. Old Solid here is missing out on some good stuff.

And it's funny. Even a bad Solid thread can be a good Solid thread. Inadvertently bringing the lulz.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ConanTheStoner: It is a little sad, though, I mean, it's like he talks about all these games because he can't actually play them or anything.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ConanTheStoner

@MetalGearJoel said:

None the less, I'll happily enjoy it on my PS4 as it will be 60 fps and anytime that is reached I'll never complain.

Yeah, that's the thing. At the end of the day a fun game is a fun game. I had a great time playing GZ on PS4 and TPP would be no different.

It's just that it's clear which version is superior and OP has a tough time swallowing that pill.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

To me, it's more about the Playstation feel that is connected to the franchise. You need to play this on a Playstation. That's where the franchise belongs. That's where it feels right.

It's like that.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

OMFG. My sides hurt now.

If he referring to Metal Gear Rising, i might have believed that posts. Oh wait, you're slicing "things" there...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ConanTheStoner

@charizard1605 said:

@ConanTheStoner: It is a little sad, though, I mean, it's like he talks about all these games because he can't actually play them or anything.

If he earned a dollar for every shit thread he creates, he would have a PS4.

And to think, I actually believed he had that 970 lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 freedomfreak

nice