why can only Sony have graphics kings?

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

What's with the obsession of HUDs? Why wouldn't I turn them off if to show the pic more clearly? They're still the same realtime shots just hudless. Photomode is the same, hudless is the same, all realtime. And if you're starting cherry picking then I will too. And notice there's no HUD in those SC shots too?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@gpuking; Low setting alpha shots and video captures? Pretty low even for you, I only post 100% direct feeds of a finished game/mode, running on max capability.

HUD help show it is not zoomed into a face or a blurred photomode angle to obscure how bad rest of the game looks. It allows us to see how the game world actually appears when playing, rather than completely hiding the game. You can't judge graphics when only seeing 10% of the game.

This is 100% unaltered direct feed, not a video capture or dated pre-release shot to trick people. This is how The Order 1886 Looks. . Explain why every gameplay screenshot looks this "mediocre".

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Neither Xbone nor even the almighty PC get recognition for graphics to the extent PS4 has. The same applied to PS3. Seems like a game has to be on a Sony console to qualify as a contender.

Even if some multiplats on PC look a generation ahead on their ultra settings and still masses ignore it.

What gives? Inb4 lol Arkham Knight

Except for all that praise and awards Ryse got of course.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@gpuking: If you had any idea about Star Citizen, you'd realise just how old and out of date those screenshots are.

The best thing is though, this game hasn't even reached alpha testing stage. We get pre-alpha stuff that changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis depending on when the patches get rolled out.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By -God-

He's somehow using old alpha and video-capture of Star Citizen to chastise my posting of unaltered post-release The Order gameplay direct feeds...

Apparently I'm using cheat angles or something.

lol Cows.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@kinectthedots said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Because what else can boast cows about?

Their games aren't actually that fun, they just look pretty and that's basically all they have going for them.

lol compared to ugly or unimpressive games on xbone that are also lower quality. haha

PS4 A, AA, AAA games >>>>>>>>>>>> Xbone FACT

Now go take your damage control and go cry in a corner. Xbots and their desperate failure deflection.

"bu but, it's all they have" meanwhile xbone has nothing.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By -God-

@Sgt_Crow said:
@kinectthedots said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Because what else can boast cows about?

Their games aren't actually that fun, they just look pretty and that's basically all they have going for them.

lol compared to ugly or unimpressive games on xbone that are also lower quality. haha

PS4 A, AA, AAA games >>>>>>>>>>>> Xbone FACT

Now go take your damage control and go cry in a corner. Xbots and their desperate failure deflection.

"bu but, it's all they have" meanwhile xbone has nothing.

Going to have to fix one of your statements:

they just look pretty only during cutscenes and photomode and that's basically all they have going for them.

You won't see much gameplay shots from them, on any forum. Their whole existence is a facade.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#108 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Xbone vs PS4 = PS4 win

PC vs PS4 = PC win

How hard is it to understand this?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Hmmmm....I guess OP must have missed the millions of threads proclaiming Crysis 1 as the graphics king of last gen. To this day there are a ton of delusional hermits that believe that Crysis 1 is still the graphics king.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#110 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Uhm PC is a given and Xbox One is weaker, why would it get praise for playing games more crappy?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Heirren said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

But it doesn't?

What graphics king is this? All i see are games cutting corners, using linear, static enviroments, backed lighting and shaders, etc.

Has for recognition, it's mostly because of marketing. SC has alot of money and thus gained attention.

Unreal Tournament looks amazing, but because it's a small scale project, most don't know about.

Ofcourse people know about 5club, The Order, UC4, etc. They're marketed based on graphics in big conferences.

I don't recall one mention of graphics in the case of Uncharted 4. Whereas on the other side you've got people specifically pointing out graphical features of UE4 in Unreal Tournament or how characters in Star Citizen don't walk as much like ducks anymore or how you can see your google glass from a 3rd person perspective.

Damn right! Those were PC devs talking about targeting 60FPS, chest hair, creases on drakes shirt, no. of bones on drake's faces, 40 animations for picking the weapon and so on.....oh wait.....

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: @zeeshanhaider: shhhhh, you'll break his narrrative

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 zeeshanhaider

@deadline-zero0:

Oh, I'm sorry! Please continue....

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -God-

@quadknight said:

Hmmmm....I guess OP must have missed the millions of threads proclaiming Crysis 1 as the graphics king of last gen. To this day there are a ton of delusional hermits that believe that Crysis 1 is still the graphics king.

Link? They are dumb then considering Crysis3 clearly out did it. And then games this gen as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#115  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

My answer to this is that console players, particularly Playstation´s, tend to be very easy to fool by marketing campaigns. That´s why many consider The Order the best looking game ever made, because they were told to think so.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

What cracks me up about the PS4 was the talk about how "advanced" it is yet it released with less features and capabilities than the PS3.. Wtf?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@phbz said:

My answer to this is that console players, particularly Playstation´s, tend to be very easy to fool by marketing campaigns. That´s why many consider The Order the best looking game ever made, because they were told to think so.

yeah is not like they fall for "timed exclusive" after timed "exclusive"

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@Slashkice said:

You have some real selective memory if you think only PS3 games got praised for their graphics last generation.

Well they did win the most awards and get the most "graphics king" titles... MGS4, UC2, KZ2, UC3, etc..

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@GarGx1: Lol you just sounded like a complete dumb ass. You ran Avatar at 60fps? It's a movie your computer isn't running anything in real time.

And have you ever played the Order? The texture quality is pretty much always impeccable.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GarGx1
@AM-Gamer said:

@GarGx1: Lol you just sounded like a complete dumb ass. You ran Avatar at 60fps? It's a movie your computer isn't running anything in real time.

1. Why attack me? it was numb nuts that posted 2k Avatar pics, I responded.

2. You're not really getting it are you? Please think for a little longer before you call anyone a dumb ass.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 AM-Gamer

@GarGx1: You just said you could run Avatar at 60fps and 2k. I'd hate to tell you but no you can't. It was a stupid comment that needed to be called out. Your PC playing a movie isn't running shit.

The reason he posted Avatars pics were to show cinematic techniques used in the highest quality CGI were also used in the game. Pointing out DoF as a criticism for visuals in a close up makes you sound like a nit wit.

We get it.... You hate the movie look but it doesn't change the actual fact that the assets in the Order are extremely high quality.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GarGx1

@AM-Gamer: Stop! you're making a fool of yourself, READ the posts before it, put it in some context and use your head. Are you completely incapable of picking up nuances?

You want the blunt answer. I'm trolling a troll who has nothing to say and you're trying to defend him! With the video I'm saying a Blueray player can play videos as well, seeing as everything he posts are cut scenes and not actual gameplay. Is this too difficult for you to understand?

Or are you another dumb shit who thinks the massive over use of film grain, motion blur and DoF is in The Odour are there to make it look good? (what's next, will you pick me up for that spelling 'mistake'?) Woohoo a Playstation game can do great face graphics when it uses 20% of the screen in a cut scene, you do know how cut scenes work don't you? Let me explain, they are little pre-rendered and recorded videos called for and played throughout a game. I can 'play' half of that game on Youtube. Let me demonstrate in real 1080p HD, you know a higher resolution than the games actually plays in.

Loading Video...

I can play this on my Blue ray player as well.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:
@Slashkice said:

You have some real selective memory if you think only PS3 games got praised for their graphics last generation.

Well they did win the most awards and get the most "graphics king" titles... MGS4, UC2, KZ2, UC3, etc..

Neither of those games were gfx king over PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

But it doesn't?

What graphics king is this? All i see are games cutting corners, using linear, static enviroments, backed lighting and shaders, etc.

Has for recognition, it's mostly because of marketing. SC has alot of money and thus gained attention.

Unreal Tournament looks amazing, but because it's a small scale project, most don't know about.

Ofcourse people know about 5club, The Order, UC4, etc. They're marketed based on graphics in big conferences.

I don't recall one mention of graphics in the case of Uncharted 4. Whereas on the other side you've got people specifically pointing out graphical features of UE4 in Unreal Tournament or how characters in Star Citizen don't walk as much like ducks anymore or how you can see your google glass from a 3rd person perspective.

Damn right! Those were PC devs talking about targeting 60FPS, chest hair, creases on drakes shirt, no. of bones on drake's faces, 40 animations for picking the weapon and so on.....oh wait.....

Show me that presentation. Thought it was an interview asking how they developed the engine. I could be wrong.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 gpuking

@GarGx1 said:

@gpuking: If you had any idea about Star Citizen, you'd realise just how old and out of date those screenshots are.

The best thing is though, this game hasn't even reached alpha testing stage. We get pre-alpha stuff that changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis depending on when the patches get rolled out.

Looks ugly as hell though, hardly anything in the environment, unimpressive shading on the aircraft, jaggies everywhere, there's a reason why majority of gamers don't go gaga over this game's graphics, it's just too sterile. Even the cherry picked The Order shots you guys posted here look tons better. seriously SMH.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#126 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@-God- said:
@playharderfool said:

TL:DR

Fanboys aren't the ones who praise these games, it's professional reviewers and journalists, so you aren't going to get people telling you what you want to hear just because you love a different platform and want them to make you feel good inside.

So you think ps3/ps4 were gfx kings over PC because a bunch of sites that only take into account consoles? PC easily trumps console gfx, and this makes Cows very salty.

Just look at gpuking/giovela/m3boarder/m3dude/etc. damage control for the last 2 gens every time a game he hyped as gfx-king comes out and isn't even near PC's top 10.

you forgot kinectthedots.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@-God- said:
@playharderfool said:

TL:DR

Fanboys aren't the ones who praise these games, it's professional reviewers and journalists, so you aren't going to get people telling you what you want to hear just because you love a different platform and want them to make you feel good inside.

So you think ps3/ps4 were gfx kings over PC because a bunch of sites that only take into account consoles? PC easily trumps console gfx, and this makes Cows very salty.

Just look at gpuking/giovela/m3boarder/m3dude/etc. damage control for the last 2 gens every time a game he hyped as gfx-king comes out and isn't even near PC's top 10.

name one game that came out in 2009 that looked as good as uncharted 2

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#128 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Troll thread? PC not getting recognition for graphics?

That's what I was thinking.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

because it doesn't.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm clearly talking not about the whole world but SW 2008 onwards. Not a single X360 title post Gears 1 had any significant praise apart from Alan Wake being a short -lived jacket king. Don't even get me started with PC. All of PC games, exclusive or multiplats would get downplayed within minutes because of "teh $5000 rig" to run them or because of mods needed to make them better. On the other hand PS3 exclusives got would get threads spanning several days with extremely high frequency.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gpuking

PS3 exclusives cleaned the house last gen, nothing on PC or xbox360 impressed as much as GOW, UC, killzone and Beyond. I'm actually more impressed by GOWA than SC.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Neither Xbone nor even the almighty PC get recognition for graphics to the extent PS4 has. The same applied to PS3. Seems like a game has to be on a Sony console to qualify as a contender.

Even if some multiplats on PC look a generation ahead on their ultra settings and still masses ignore it.

Because only cows are stupid enough to claim their stuff can compare with the best PC has to offer.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@gpuking: Dude, this much salt is bad for you.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 gpuking

@deadline-zero0 said:

@gpuking: Dude, this much salt is bad for you.

Running out of shit to say? Yeah, I'm sure shooting ant sized spaceships on your 24" Dell would blow your mind away.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@Mozelleple112 said:
@Slashkice said:

Neither of those games were gfx king over PC.

Where did I ever state that they were? I said they won the most awards, I know for a fact MGS4 won graphics award in 2008, over PC titles like Crysis Warhead. I can't remember who won it in 2009, but I bet it was either Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2. same in 2011 with Uncharted 3.

Technically, nothing on 7th gen consoles could even compete with Crysis (2007).

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@Heirren said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

But it doesn't?

Show me that presentation. Thought it was an interview asking how they developed the engine. I could be wrong.

It was most definitely not an interview about an engine and yeah, what about that 'CAPTURED FROM ACTUAL PS4' showing before every bullshit CGI? Every intyerview, every tweet, every fuckin' word Sony or its devs utter is about graphics. Don't you dare try to say it otherwise.

No one in the industry says bullshit as much as Sony and especially ND. They are the ones that coined the term 'In-engine' and pre-alpha.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

A. It goes without saying that PC will always have games with superior graphics due to hardware flexibility. Why even bring up something that is generally assumed to be true?

B. Xbox One has to actually offer a game with greater graphics that PS4 games to wear that crown.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Well PS4 is current gen 8 console graphics King because it has the world's most powerful console hardware.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By AM-Gamer

@GarGx1: Again you just made yourself sound like a complete fool. The Order 1886 uses no pre-recorded cut scenes. The devs confirmed that, Digital Foundry confirmed that and if you played the game yourself you would know that if you choose to pick a different skin our outfit it will show up in every cut scene? You know why? Because it wasn't pre rendered. It's also been confirmed that the assets used in gameplay or identical to cut scenes at all times.

If your just trolling and saying The Order has nothing but cut scenes that's one thing. But the fact is you can still walk right up to something and see the exact same textures and assets used in the entire game are the same. You also keep blabbering about 800p with no knowledge how that works either. Are you actually implying the YouTube video you just posted looks better then actually playing the game because it's in 1080p? LOL!

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@gpuking said:

PS3 exclusives cleaned the house last gen, nothing on PC or xbox360 impressed as much as GOW, UC, killzone and Beyond. I'm actually more impressed by GOWA than SC.

Because you're a raging cow, what impresses a cow such as yourself means **** all outside your own delusional little bubble.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 gpuking

@Snugenz said:
@gpuking said:

Because you're a raging cow, what impresses a cow such as yourself means **** all outside your own delusional little bubble.

Oh you so bitter lol, GS gave MGS4 and God of war 3 the crown really rubbed you the wrong way ey?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@gpuking said:
@Snugenz said:
@gpuking said:

Oh you so bitter lol, GS gave MGS4 and God of war 3 the crown really rubbed you the wrong way ey?

Not at all, the people who gave out the awards either had very specific criteria or if they were including released PC games they were flat out wrong. No need for bitterness if people are wrong, you just try to educate and if it doesn't work you wish them well after all for some ignorance is bliss.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

oh, so gpuking shit fest?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By GarGx1

@AM-Gamer: Would you rather have an Odour video posted in 60 frames per second, I can do that as well if you want?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#146  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sony seems to employ devs that focus on graphical fidelity above almost everything else. The Order 1886 is a good example of this.

Graphics don't come down to the power of the system, rather the dev's abilities and their focus.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#147  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@gpuking: You're a blind troll if you think those Star Citizen shots are ugly.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@lostrib said:

Pretty sure the 360 got plenty of recognition for its graphics back in the day

And the PC is expected to have the best, it's all part of the plan

this ^

TC must've missed crysis 3 and hermits

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

This gen however, as far as consoles go PS4 EASILY has the better looking games.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

So apparently Halo 2 wasn't seen as a graphics king, neither was conker on xbox. Crysis was never ever mentioned, and Star Citizen has never been brought up for it's graphical prowess before. Ryse never got mentioned for it's visuals once. Xbox 360 graphics in multiplats were never talked up. No one ever brings up the graphical superiority of the PC.

It's all sony. Apparently.