Why are there no games on the PC on the same level of Sony exclusives?

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I would say it's because of the freedom the first party devs get under Sony. You don't see that anywhere else. And a lot of popular devs doesn't want to use too much time on a game, they know their game will sell just based on the name alone, adding just a few touches to the game. Look at how far away most games are on animations compared to Sony's first party games.

I enjoyed fallout 4, but the improvements from the other games was miniscule. But they know people will buy it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

If some dev made a game that required a GTX 1080ti the graphics would crush anything on consoles but they wouldn't sell a lot of copies.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I think Talent, Budget, times, creative freedom, sale expectations, support from other first party and Sony allow them to create some of the best SP games in the world!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#354 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9413 Posts

I dunno... It sort of makes sense to me. They hyper-focus on a certain concept on one set of hardware, it's just easier to test and make sure the user is seeing exactly what you want them to.

We're talking about a very specific type of game. Typically 3rd person show-pieces. Those are cool and enjoyable, but I'm really glad they aren't the only type of game available. Sony exclusives are usually one and done for me - I'm in it to see the narrative and probably won't spend much extra time with them. There are better gaming experiences to be had. For example: As much as I want to replay HZD for the story, I just get bored because there's not much to it - nothing I haven't already done.

I'm fine with those games being pretty much isolated on PS4, I just wish they ran at 60fps. If they had to validate on lots of different hardware - which means working with AMD, NVidia, Intel, etc... - there would likely be more bugs and more occasions where the illusion falls apart.

So thankfully there are games not on that level otherwise we'd all be really bored.

jorzorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#355 jorzorz
Member since 2017 • 114 Posts

The cost of making games is so huge there isnt a huge point in making a game for pc that looks massively better. These consoles are semi decent hardware and it costs 10s of millions sometimes 100s of millions to make games for them. The pc alone would make it hard to make their money back. But when sony makes a game even if it does not make money it will move systems so it will earn money in otherways.

Pc does have a lot in raw power but its getting to the point where its not worth it to make a game soooooo good looking it wouldnt work on consoles.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

After reading more here in this topic, I guess "PC Devs" are tripple downing on MT/Moba games pushing more for raw mechanics than graphical envelope. Doubt RioT or makes of Dota 2 are gonna get any GDC awards or even have as much interesting to show for pushing gaming tech. I could be wrong ofc.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

How many games like TLOU are there on PC? How many story-drive games with tight space, tons of scripted sequence and overall small scale? Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. What else? Otherwise AC: Unity, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider look every bit as good as PS4 exclusives if not better.

Edit: Ryse and Quantum Break are other examples and they look better on PC than Uncharted 4 to me.

well you have also stated that skyrim on pc looks better than any ps4 exclusive so yeah

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@m3dude1: Quote please.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@m3dude1: Quote please.

theres no reasonable way for me to go back and find it from a couple years ago. are you denying that you think it?. it was in one of the several threads with that other clown who would always bring up crysis 2 and say "famous for no shadows" about infamous

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@m3dude1: Of course I am denying it. Even modded Skyrim looks outdated in some very obvious parts and those heavily modded screenshots only look good still. They add copious amounts of bloom and oversaturated colors. In a static image they look like paintings but in motion? They hurt the eyes and look awful.

So nah, never said Skyrim looks better than PS4 exclusives because I never thought so. Don’t even think it looks better than PS3 exclusives.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#361  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19653 Posts

With the rise of free-to-play, the premium PC market has been stagnant for years now, so there isn't much incentive for PC publishers to invest in big-budget AAA games for PC. However, China's premium PC market is on the rise, which could mean Chinese publishers like Tencent investing in big-budget AAA games for PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11806 Posts

@Jag85: Swords Of Legends 3 got a new trailer a month ago that shows a bit of gameplay which confirms that it will be action combat. It appears to be another AAA game coming out for PC.

Loading Video...

It also doesn't have to be just Chinese companies investing in big budget AAA games for PC it can be other East Asian companies primarily South Korean ones as a lot of their games do get localized for China. Heck two of China's most played games Crossfire and Dungeon Fighter are both Korean. South Korea is already a PC dominated region so it wouldn't be far fetched for them to invest in big budget AAA PC games either, especially if they have China as the main audience for them. Crossfire 2 is getting a big budget singleplayer campaign developed by Remedy. Dungeon Fighter is getting a sequel made in Unreal Engine 4. Another possible AAA game coming out for PC is Project Extopia coming from Seasun Entertainment who are the developers of JX Online 3 which is a very successful MMO. Tencent had invested $142.2 million in them last year. There hasn't been much shown or known about it other than being an Unreal Engine 4 MMOFPS aiming for high end graphics with global illumination that simulates a 24 hour cycle that can change shadow positions and all that and real-time physics-based damage system that will players to randomly destroy objects.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363  Edited By flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts
Loading Video...

Star Citizen's single player campaign show's great promise and from what we've seen from their animators and motion capture tech it seems to be at least on par with the best.

Now if they will reach the level of polish needed to rival the exclusive AAAA's from Sony I sincerely doubt it because they are pushing their engine like no other and are also building the mmo at the same time. It might have taken more than most would have expected but considering the scale of the game and the amount of time other companies have taken to release less impressive games I'd say they are on the right track.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:
@Juub1990 said:

How many games like TLOU are there on PC? How many story-drive games with tight space, tons of scripted sequence and overall small scale? Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. What else? Otherwise AC: Unity, AC: Origins, AC: Odyssey, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider look every bit as good as PS4 exclusives if not better.

Edit: Ryse and Quantum Break are other examples and they look better on PC than Uncharted 4 to me.

well you have also stated that skyrim on pc looks better than any ps4 exclusive so yeah

You said PS3 was graphics king last gen, that your Plasma made your XBOX 360 beat PC, and that 24 fps was better than 60 fps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#365 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

That's why I have both. Not difficult, is it?

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Sony has still not broken out of Story>Gameplay. To me as a gameplay>story person they have bloodborne and shadows die twice looks like it may be better.