Why are Sony long-running sequels still exciting while MS or Ninny gets bashed for staleness?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

Who the hell is hyping the new God of War?

I think most Sony fans grew tired of the series years ago.

It sure as hell isn't pumped up the same way Lems constantly go apeshit over every Halo, Gears or Forza release. Which is essentially every year.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#52 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

UC4 hasn't even come out yet.

Theres like 4 GoW games.

In contrast....theres like 6 Halo games not including the MCC remaster of 4 of them.

Nintendo has like 5 Smash Bros games, and 10 or so Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario games.

Very different.

Doesn't seem too different.

4 Uncharted games in one and a half gens.

4 GoWs in 3 gens.

Both Gow and Uncharted have remasters too.

6 Halo games in 3 gens.

5 Smash Bros games since the N64.

10 or so Zelda games since the Nes.

Mario Kart and other Mario games etc have a similar situation.

Well said.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Nintendo fans buy Nintendo consoles for the same stale IPs every generation so not sure what you are talking about.

AttackonIGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AttackonIGS
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

There's a lot of bias in the media, especially from Gamespot, IGN and others when it comes to sucking off Sony

Objectively the Xbox One lineup is so far above the Playstation lineup. The PS4's 2 biggest games for 2016 are Uncharted 4 which is literally Uncharted 1-3 with a new coat of paint, same exact gameplay, same QTE and scripted event loaded linear mediocrity, and Horizon which will undoubtly flop since Guerrilla Games cannot make a good game to save their lives

Both Quantum Break and Scalebound will be superior games and the sad part, Playstation fans know this, they know it deep down inside and it hurts badly, but the PS fanbase is so venomous that they'll do anything to wank their Shitstation 4 and it's joke of a game lineup.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@attackonigs said:

Both Quantum Break and Scalebound will be superior games and the sad part, Playstation fans know this, they know it deep down inside and it hurts badly, but the PS fanbase is so venomous that they'll do anything to wank their Shitstation 4 and it's joke of a game lineup.

It's funny you mention those two games over the Sony made tittles. In fact I literally don't even know what those two games are about, but I've seen actual gameplay of all Sony's new games. How you can literally compare games that no one even knows how they play or what they are about besides one being attached to a tv show, to games that have shown what they are about and how they play is beyond me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Not to me, as a whole the don't. I love Uncharted and dont care how many of those we get. Games like GOW I have grown tired of. I dont know what triggers it but its usually around 4 games played. I think that's why I still am liking Creed, because I didn't play any games till Black Flag. For MS, I dont think I would grow tired of Halo, but I have of Gears.

Nintendo since I've been playing their games since the NES, I have grown tired of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Wario all together, I actually think I bought my last Kart games with the Wiiu and 3DS ones. Time to move on. I still am interested in Zelda and Metroid though.

So yeah, its hard telling developers to limit their games when they sell so well and even if you are tired of the franchise, possibly millions of other people are not and continue to buy.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

UC4 hasn't even come out yet.

Theres like 4 GoW games.

In contrast....theres like 6 Halo games not including the MCC remaster of 4 of them.

Nintendo has like 5 Smash Bros games, and 10 or so Zelda, Mario Kart and Mario games.

Very different.

Doesn't seem too different.

4 Uncharted games in one and a half gens.

4 GoWs in 3 gens.

Both Gow and Uncharted have remasters too.

6 Halo games in 3 gens.

5 Smash Bros games since the N64.

10 or so Zelda games since the Nes.

Mario Kart and other Mario games etc have a similar situation.

Well said.

Considering the PS3 was out for about 7 or 8 years....I think saying UC is in 1 gen or whatever is a bit of a stretch.

And it's just that Nintendo has done the same games for a long while now.

Same as MS with Halo.