whoever designed the ps3 should be shot...

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

PS3 is weak product and the exclusives don't change that.

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts

Look at the cows damage controlling. Even having the nerve to blame the TC. It's no excuse, no matter how long you haven't played your console, for it to take that long with updates. I hate to say it after how great the PS2 and GC was. But the only good console this gen is the 360. And it is a great console, the PS3 is ok, and the Wii is bad.

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Look at the cows damage controlling. Even having the nerve to blame the TC. It's no excuse, no matter how long you haven't played your console, for it to take that long with updates. I hate to say it after how great the PS2 and GC was. But the only good console this gen is the 360. And it is a great console, the PS3 is ok, and the Wii is bad.

randomguy15

lol no

RROD was a way bigger problem then any other this gen. Sure the YLOD was a sh1tty prob aswell but no where near the failure rate of the early 360s.

The original X360 was a sh1tty product. Dont know hows the 360 slim but at least its not as big of a prob as the fat ones. Even so its no reason enough to nullfy the sh1tty 360 hardware of the early ones. All in all, no. the fat 360 was the sh1ttiest console this gen. Now if you're talking about software and not hardware then lol

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
PS3 is a terrible console. I can't just decide to play a game because 9/10 I'll be greeted with an update that will take a considerable amount of time to download then install. At least, when I had my 360 I never had to schedule when I wanted to play a game because updates only took 10 seconds at the most. It's definitely a buzzkill when I try to coordinate some online game time with my friends and we have to wait 30 minutes for a update to download. At this point ps+ is a must have unless you have lots of time to wait then play.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

It has a lot of little annoying things.
Installs,updates...Hell,even the trophy syncing sucks.

AM-Gamer

I will take it over having a monthly fee that offers no value, still has annoying advertisements along with constant diskswapping.

PS. Many 360 games coming out require install unless you want horrendous load times.

And I would take a Lamborghini, a beach house and a bazillion GF's over that.

I'm talking about the console itself. Can't go 5 minutes without anyone shouting "GOLD PAY2PLEHONLINE".

Load times are horrendous on consoles in general. Optional>mandatory.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

PS3 !!! PS3 !!! PS3 !!!

I need more games:(

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#107 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
[QUOTE="TheEroica"]I admit i like my ps3 .Heil68
And I do too..Well said. Rep given.

PS3 is great.
noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

The ps3 is the best console IMO because

1. Games it has the most exclusive games besides pc

2. Free online and free media

3. Best multi media love that blu-ray

4. Easy to upgrade hard drive to a bigger 7200rpm drive or even 10k

It has some cons

1. 802.11g is slow

2. Long loading times on some games

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Sell your PS3 then... less one loser to play with.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
PS3 is a terrible console. I can't just decide to play a game because 9/10 I'll be greeted with an update that will take a considerable amount of time to download then install. At least, when I had my 360 I never had to schedule when I wanted to play a game because updates only took 10 seconds at the most. It's definitely a buzzkill when I try to coordinate some online game time with my friends and we have to wait 30 minutes for a update to download. At this point ps+ is a must have unless you have lots of time to wait then play.MFDOOM1983
That's BS dude... i would probably have to make a video of my PS3 downloading and update so that you people stop inventing crap. I in the last few months i have update MW3 several times is not sony's fault is Activision,that is for starters and the updates have been from 17 to 27 MB,and they are just for online play.if my intention was to play offline i hit the red circle on the PS3 pad and cancel it your game will continue to load fine. I also have update several of my 360 games like Halo Reach and no they did not took 10 seconds.360 games most of the time download faster because they are smaller,not because live is faster. The only way i have to wait 30 minutes to download on PSN is because the update is big,and when i say big i mean more than 1GB long,which isn't the case with the majority of games out there which only download like 17 to 30 MB,which even on a 1MB connection will never ever take half an hour.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#111 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

Wow.

So,a few days ago, I got SOCOM 4 from best Buy for $10 because I figured since it was on sale I should beef up my PS3 library a bit and now, when I go and try to play it, there's an update. That's fair, the game has been out a while and it's natural to assume there would be an update to download after all this time. So I try to update and three times, it gives me an error message and tells me to try again. So after three times of this thing failing to even start the update, now I've got to download a 445MB file and three other updates as well before I can even play the game.

I know Sony isn't a software company and thus it isn't exactly their strong suit but seriously, you'd think they would've found a way to pare these updates down a bit after 6 years in the game.

Yeah I know, #firstworldproblems and something something 360 fanboy (like always) but I still think this is a legitimate complaint.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos

Wow.

So,a few days ago, I got SOCOM 4 from best Buy for $10 because I figured since it was on sale I should beef up my PS3 library a bit and now, when I go and try to play it, there's an update. That's fair, the game has been out a while and it's natural to assume there would be an update to download after all this time. So I try to update and three times, it gives me an error message and tells me to try again. So after three times of this thing failing to even start the update, now I've got to download a 445MB file and three other updates as well before I can even play the game.

I know Sony isn't a software company and thus it isn't exactly their strong suit but seriously, you'd think they would've found a way to pare these updates down a bit after 6 years in the game.

Yeah I know, #firstworldproblems and something something 360 fanboy (like always) but I still think this is a legitimate complaint.

The_Game21x
Is zipper code not sony here is a fix. Go into your Game Data Utility and delete the SOCOM 4 game data. DO NOT DELETE THE SAVE DATA. Reinstall the game. The game will prompt you to install version 1.05, and click "Yes". This may be the most difficult for some; WAIT. The game will reinstall. Then it will download Three updates in the following sizes; 447mbs. 28mbs. 58mbs. And finally 127mbs. Let the game finish it's installation. I know, I know, as Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Enjoy your game! http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Issues-and-Exploits/Update-1-05-Freeze-344-83-357-60-MB-1-4/td-p/36379299/page/2 It doesn't have to do with PSN.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Wow.

tormentos

Is zipper code not sony here is a fix. Go into your Game Data Utility and delete the SOCOM 4 game data. DO NOT DELETE THE SAVE DATA. Reinstall the game. The game will prompt you to install version 1.05, and click "Yes". This may be the most difficult for some; WAIT. The game will reinstall. Then it will download Three updates in the following sizes; 447mbs. 28mbs. 58mbs. And finally 127mbs. Let the game finish it's installation. I know, I know, as Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Enjoy your game! http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Issues-and-Exploits/Update-1-05-Freeze-344-83-357-60-MB-1-4/td-p/36379299/page/2 It doesn't have to do with PSN.

That's just the problem. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get the game to install correctly. This isn't a PC, it's a console. Consoles are supposed to be easy to work with.

I downloaded the updates no problem but we're going on a half hour since I posted that I was updating the game and it hasn't finished installing the update data yet. Not to mention this is my first time playing it so I'm having to wait a half hour before even getting to do anything.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Wow.

tormentos

Ouch,just look at those instructions,I'd say it's easier to flash your GPU's BIOS and OC it,than to install a game on the PS3!

Takes less time too...

And yet they say PC gaming is complicated! :lol:

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

AM-Gamer

I will take it over having a monthly fee that offers no value, still has annoying advertisements along with constant diskswapping.

PS. Many 360 games coming out require install unless you want horrendous load times.

i suggest you look up comparisons on loading times dude, they doesnt require you too install, since xbox tends too be faster or equal still even when not installed.. as for disk swap and xbl (many good deals on dashboard like 2 bucks for 2 months and for games tho could be a tad better) and so on and disk swapping not really that big of a deal other than imo lame argument.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos
That's just the problem. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get the game to install correctly. This isn't a PC, it's a console. Consoles are supposed to be easy to work with I downloaded the updates no problem but we're going on a half hour since I posted that I was updating the game and it hasn't finished installing the update data yet. Not to mention this is my first time playing it so I'm having to wait a half hour before even getting to do anything.The_Game21x
I know but in this case it is game related,many games on PS3 or 360 screw up and have to be update,hell it could be worst DOA on 360 did not allow people to play online until patched,it happen from time to time. Well i guess PC games are not for you,since the start PC games have require install,and while the PS3 is a console in name is basically a PC,just like the 360 and the original xbox as well,basically all games today get patches and that include 360 ones,and sure 360 ones are thinner but are download never the less.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 tormentos
Ouch,just look at those instructions,I'd say it's easier to flash your GPU's BIOS and OC it,than to install a game on the PS3!Takes less time too...And yet they say PC gaming is complicated! :lol:Rocker6
Actually is very simple,you find the data which is a few scrolls up in the same place where your inserted game is display,and erase,the rest is basically automatic,because once you run Socom 4 again,and the game find the data is not there it will install it again,and as soon as you try to connect online the game will update..
I_AM_MEGATRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 I_AM_MEGATRON
Member since 2008 • 427 Posts
360 has no games
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tormentos

[QUOTE="AM-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]

Strutten

i suggest you look up comparisons on loading times dude, they doesnt require you too install, since xbox tends too be faster or equal still even when not installed.. as for disk swap and xbl (many good deals on dashboard like 2 bucks for 2 months and for games tho could be a tad better) and so on and disk swapping not really that big of a deal other than imo lame argument.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dlc/xbox-360-live-3-month-gold-card/84476 3 months of XBL in US on gamestop is $24.99 If you buy XBL in 3 month basis you end up paying $100 for a year of XBL.. I guess you still playing the whole mine country only matter game.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]That's just the problem. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to get the game to install correctly. This isn't a PC, it's a console. Consoles are supposed to be easy to work with I downloaded the updates no problem but we're going on a half hour since I posted that I was updating the game and it hasn't finished installing the update data yet. Not to mention this is my first time playing it so I'm having to wait a half hour before even getting to do anything.tormentos
I know but in this case it is game related,many games on PS3 or 360 screw up and have to be update,hell it could be worst DOA on 360 did not allow people to play online until patched,it happen from time to time. Well i guess PC games are not for you,since the start PC games have require install,and while the PS3 is a console in name is basically a PC,just like the 360 and the original xbox as well,basically all games today get patches and that include 360 ones,and sure 360 ones are thinner but are download never the less.

I expect the occasional problematic update on the PC and I have no problem with them since that's always been a part of PC gaming and comes with the territory. The PS3 on the other hand, is a console. The 360 has updates as well, but they are painless and take seconds rather than minutes to complete. Never once have I had to wait more than a few minutes to play a game I just bought on the 360 because the update process is so much quicker.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I bought FIFA 11 for the PS3 recently. It had a 42mb update that required around 2 minutes to download and install via 802.11g WiFi. It wasn't too bad.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23007 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="TheEroica"]I admit i like my ps3 .DeadMan1290
And I do too..Well said. Rep given.

PS3 is great.

Of course... why wouldnt i like a plastic machine that lets me play games..? Heil the difference between u and i is that im ok saying it. U play your xbox 360 as much if not more than your ps3 yet live to run with the bovine... i still remember the thread where they found your play time and it said you play 360 at a 2:1 over ps3... funny stuff.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#123 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Sony fans forgive everything, so why would Sony redesign its console and services?

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"][QUOTE="Heil68"] And I do too..Well said. Rep given. TheEroica
PS3 is great.

Of course... why wouldnt i like a plastic machine that lets me play games..? Heil the difference between u and i is that im ok saying it. U play your xbox 360 as much if not more than your ps3 yet live to run with the bovine... i still remember the thread where they found your play time and it said you play 360 at a 2:1 over ps3... funny stuff.

Why do you seem so irate?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11821 Posts

But I thought console gaming was hassle free :shock:

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23007 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="DeadMan1290"] PS3 is great.Zaibach

Why do you seem so irate?

Because im crrrraaaaazzzzy!!! Rabble rabble rabble! Argh boo hiss!
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#127 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

It's a very Sony thing. Networking and software (not talking about games) isn't Sonys forte.

This gen has been a big learning curve for Sony competing with MS, because networking and software is MSs forte.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#128 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

try eye of judgment lol theres like an update per card lol theres over 1000 cards , so here i sit with a game i cant play because if even i try id have to leave my damned console on for a week ! up goes the electric bill and ---ya no thanks

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#129 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

NoodleFighter

just sony's console.

wii and 460 is hassle free.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

They are a pain once in a great while, but eh. I usually just wait it out by watching some TV or cleaning something up in my room. It makes the waiting time much more bareable.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#131 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

try eye of judgment lol theres like an update per card lol theres over 1000 cards , so here i sit with a game i cant play because if even i try id have to leave my damned console on for a week ! up goes the electric bill and ---ya no thanks

mariokart64fan

Are You joking?:lol:

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#132 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

You just have a slow internet connection, don't blame Sony for something you can't afford. xP

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#133 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

It is pretty annoying. It seems like every PS3 game requires some form of update.

/thirdworldproblems.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

KBFloYd

just sony's console.

wii and 460 is hassle free.

May I borrow your time machine?

Really didn't expect they'll call it 460.Did MS finally go full casual in the future,with some very minor upgrades over 360? :P

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

You just have a slow internet connection, don't blame Sony for something you can't afford. xP

WiiMan21
Thats shlt reasoning. People know when they have a shlt internet connection. I have a shlt internet connection, but can still tell when my PS3 takes fuking longer to download something than my 360 when it shouldn't. Theyre both connected to the same router on the same service, so my speed has nothing to do with it dumbass. Just the fact Sonys online service sucks.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 RR360DD

Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.senses_fail_06

Dying support? You cows really do love the sensationalist bullshlt.Your whole post was incorrect crap you pulled out of your ass.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 The_Game21x

Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.senses_fail_06

And yet the 360 still has more games this year than the PS3.

Someone's mad.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 senses_fail_06

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.The_Game21x

Someone's mad.

I remember when exclusives used to matter in SW. It was awhile ago, around the same time PS3 caught up in exclusive retail games. Gotta have something to hide behind I guess.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 senses_fail_06

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.RR360DD

Dying support? You cows really do love the sensationalist bullshlt.Your whole post was incorrect crap you pulled out of your ass.

Feel free to refute anything I said.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.senses_fail_06

Someone's mad.

I remember when exclusives used to matter in SW. It was awhile ago, around the same time PS3 caught up in exclusive retail games. Gotta have something to hide behind I guess.

Exclusives still matter. Fanboys such as yourself always bring them up when it is to their advantage.

It just so happens that the PS3 has quite the paltry exclusive game lineup this year so fanboys tend to hide behind such things as "LOL RROD" and "LOL XBL COSTS MONEY"...kind of like you just did. :P

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]Could be worse. Could have bought an xbox and had to deal with dying support since 09 while the manufacture has absolutely shafted the consumers while shifting completely towards casual bullsh*t. Not to mention the estimated 50% + failure rate of RROD and a closed platform with an inferior ad-filled GUI. Oh, and paying approximately $300 over the lifespan for XBL, while M$ gives that money to keep map packs exclusive for a month. But hey, if those updates really kill you, I understand.senses_fail_06

Feel free to refute anything I said.

Dying support is complete BS. The 360 is still getting more games this year then the PS3. And in terms of exclusives: is actually getting games that matter, for example Halo 4. PS3s exclusive lineup this year is pathetic.

Saying Microsoft have shifted completely towards casual bullshlt is also complete crap when they still have 343 and Turn 10 working on some of the biggest core gaming franchises of the generation.

RROD? What is this, 2008? Thats problems long gone, and that statistic complete shlt. Also, the User interface is much more intuitive than the PS3s aging interface, and thats a fact.

And I'd rather pay for a good service than put up with a shlt one. Only reason Sony don't charge for PSN is because they'd get laughed out of the room.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

360 isn't perfect either. Unless I want my 360 to have the extremely loud fan running constantly I have to install a game to the harddrive when I first play it, and that easily takes as long as the PS3 firmware updates if not longer.

Yes, the PS3 system could be better, but the 360 is far from perfect also.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 senses_fail_06

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Someone's mad.

The_Game21x

Exclusives still matter. Fanboys such as yourself always bring them up when it is to their advantage.

It just so happens that the PS3 has quite the paltry exclusive game lineup this year so fanboys tend to hide behind such things as "LOL RROD" and "LOL XBL COSTS MONEY"...kind of like you just did. :P

When do they matter then? You seem to cleverly avoid them in your post. What are the exclusive retail games for the 360 this year? A bullethell shooter and a kinect retail game. Am I missing something?

As for the second part, look at what this whole thread is based on. Fuc*ing updates. I wasn't hiding behind anything. I was expressing my findings on just how sh*t the 360 has been. Lack of games, outside of the same 3 franchises since 09, is where I started in my post. I don't hide on these forums. Some lemmings would like some to believe that they have no bias, they're the ones hiding :wink:.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I thought the RROD has been replaced with the Red Dot of Death. It still seems to happen with the 360 Slims although at a much reduced rate....similar to the PS3 Yellow Lights

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 senses_fail_06

Dying support is complete BS. The 360 is still getting more games this year then the PS3. And in terms of exclusives: is actually getting games that matter, for example Halo 4. PS3s exclusive lineup this year is pathetic.

Saying Microsoft have shifted completely towards casual bullshlt is also complete crap when they still have 343 and Turn 10 working on some of the biggest core gaming franchises of the generation.

RROD? What is this, 2008? Thats problems long gone, and that statistic complete shlt. Also, the User interface is much more intuitive than the PS3s aging interface, and thats a fact.

And I'd rather pay for a good service than put up with a shlt one. Only reason Sony don't charge for PSN is because they'd get laughed out of the room.

RR360DD

I love it when lems try to build a point, and then mention just 2 games. The same two games that have had a combined total of 8 different iterations this gen (Halo3, Reach, ODST, Wars, Anniversary, Forza 2, 3). 'Halo is the only exclusive that matters'....I'm starting to belive lemmings actually believe this :lol:

M$ is casual central. Continuing to release guaranteed 5 million seller like Halo isn't prolonging the core. Investing in new studios and IPs, while not closing down your current ones or making them work on kinect interfaces, would be more what I'm looking for.

RROD cost many people time and money. Cost the company billions.

You're paying for P2P servers. Justify it however you want. Just lems, not cows, sheep, hermits, worms, people who played on the dreamcast...just lems :lol:.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"] I remember when exclusives used to matter in SW. It was awhile ago, around the same time PS3 caught up in exclusive retail games. Gotta have something to hide behind I guess.senses_fail_06

When do they matter then? You seem to cleverly avoid them in your post. What are the exclusive retail games for the 360 this year? A bullethell shooter and a kinect retail game. Am I missing something?

As for the second part, look at what this whole thread is based on. Fuc*ing updates. I wasn't hiding behind anything. I was expressing my findings on just how sh*t the 360 has been. Lack of games, outside of the same 3 franchises since 09, is where I started in my post. I don't hide on these forums. Some lemmings would like some to believe that they have no bias, they're the ones hiding :wink:.

Of course, that's the usual cop out argument. "The 360 has no games except these games that are totally games". They still count buddy. What big retail exclusive does the PS3 have for this year aside from LBP Karting?

And let's not act like Sony doesn't milk its franchises too.

The fact that Sony hasn't gotten its act together with the updates is a legitimate complaint, especially when the competition doesn't have these problems. Maybe I'm weird but when i buy a gaming console to play games, I don't expect to be put on hold for 20+ minutes when I try to...you know...play a game on it.

Get over yourself bro. The 360 and PS3 are both great consoles and both are virtually neck and neck in terms of high scoring exclusives this gen. Try harder.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

senses_fail_06

I love it when lems try to build a point, and then mention just 2 games. The same two games that have had a combined total of 8 different iterations this gen (Halo3, Reach, ODST, Wars, Anniversary, Forza 2, 3). 'Halo is the only exclusive that matters'....I'm starting to belive lemmings actually believe this :lol:

M$ is casual central. Continuing to release guaranteed 5 million seller like Halo isn't prolonging the core. Investing in new studios and IPs, while not closing down your current ones or making them work on kinect interfaces, would be more what I'm looking for.

RROD cost many people time and money. Cost the company billions.

You're paying for P2P servers. Justify it however you want. Just lems, not cows, sheep, hermits, worms, people who played on the dreamcast...just lems :lol:.

At least I can admit that Microsoft first party has never been strong compared to Sony or Nintendo. So nothing has changed since. That doesnt change the fact though that Microsofts offerings this year are a shlt ton better than Sonys, and that its getting more support this year than the PS3, be it exclusive or not. Fact is, cows hide behind exclusives and ignore multiplats all the time which is fuking stupid.

Having its own studios working on core games means it hasnt shifted completely casual, is that difficult to understand or have you forgotten what you typed? There are studios working on casual games, studios that are not and studios that we don't know what they are working on.

RROD is an old problem thats only brought up by the desperate.

You're paying for a service, of which client-hosted gaming is a part of. No other console has an online service that can match XBL, which is down to the amount of money and time Microsoft pumps into it. I don't have to justify paying for XBL to anyone. I just know that I wouldn't put up with shlt like PSN, and I feel sorry for people who have to.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 RR360DD

360 isn't perfect either. Unless I want my 360 to have the extremely loud fan running constantly I have to install a game to the harddrive when I first play it, and that easily takes as long as the PS3 firmware updates if not longer.

Yes, the PS3 system could be better, but the 360 is far from perfect also.

Vari3ty
Thats the disc drive spinning, not the fan. Not to mention the fan on my PS3 fat is much louder when it kicks in.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 senses_fail_06

Of course, that's the usual cop out argument. "The 360 has no games except these games that are totally games". They still count buddy. What big retail exclusive does the PS3 have for this year aside from LBP Karting?

And let's not act like Sony doesn't milk its franchises too.

The fact that Sony hasn't gotten its act together with the updates is a legitimate complaint, especially when the competition doesn't have these problems. Maybe I'm weird but when i buy a gaming console to play games, I don't expect to be put on hold for 20+ minutes when I try to...you know...play a game on it.

Get over yourself bro. The 360 and PS3 are both great consoles and both are virtually neck and neck in terms of high scoring exclusives this gen. Try harder.

The_Game21x

Oh, so waiting on updates is a legitimate problem to you, yet Microsoft's clear push away from creating new games and enacting a two year cycle of the same stuff is fine with you. Fair enough dude. You're not fooling anyone by the way :wink:

I also find it absolutely hilarious you insisting PS3 has nothing this year but LBP. PS3 has dominated the past three years. Already has more exclusives this year. Has pushed more new IPs this whole generation. Still pushing new projects at the end of the generation and its 2013 lineup already looks infintely better than the game (singular form emphasized) MS has announced. And hey, lets shift it back to the exclusive argument. Sony AS and SLy 4 coming out this year, but now when you want to pursue your agenda on this forum, you just want to mention sole exclusives. That's rich man, but expected.