Who said Halo 3 looks bad?

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

Please, play the beta first before you judge it. Halo 3 looks stunning...see for yourself:

(Bubble shield lol)

Well that's about it. I might add more...

Just a few things to keep in mind when looking at these pictures:

1: It's a beta

2: It looks MUCH better in motion (lighting is dynamic and textures are much sharper)

3: It's multiplayer

Enjoy.

#2 Posted by raidenseven (3223 posts) -
actually i have noticed a bit of jaggies, but i am pretty sure bungie can fix that b4 final, other than that though this game looks great.
#3 Posted by Bansheesdie (15058 posts) -

H3 is only going to get better as well.

#4 Posted by Sparky04 (3384 posts) -
That looks pretty sweet, the only reason people are saying it's ugly is cause they are expecting the graphics from the first halo 3 trailer and they feel like overblowing the distance. I still say the single player with look freakin' beautiful.
#5 Posted by Bansheesdie (15058 posts) -

actually i have noticed a bit of jaggies, but i am pretty sure bungie can fix that b4 final, other than that though this game looks great. raidenseven

The jaggies are in High Ground, there are a lot of them when you look across an open area of the map. I think its just beta version of inferior mirages, I'm not sure. What I am sure of though is that when the fian version is released, those jags must be taken care of.

#6 Posted by StephenHu (2852 posts) -
Yes, the game looks great! I am a believer, from the first glance it doesn't look like much, but the small details and such really add up to give the game a "semi-comical" look and feel, there not going to make it have a brown filter, excessive motion blur, dense fog, and other cliche "next-gen" effects to make the game looks modern. But it does have a bit of the overbright HDR lighting, but I dig that, de_dust HDR is great.
#7 Posted by LOKI-RA (269 posts) -
i said they looked bad. and they still do. Halo 2 vista anyone?
#8 Posted by tree-branch (3262 posts) -

i thought it looked bad, before i played it.

after i played it i thought it looked awsome.

#9 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
:o...Can I borrow your 360?  And you're copy of Crackdown, and you subscription to LIVE? >.>

:cry: I have none of these things!   I am so missing out....:(
#10 Posted by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

agreed

its an amazing looking game, the textures and lighting are AMAZING 

#11 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

agreed

hockeyruler12

and I love how every metallic objects reflects the environment. Everything is so shiny and nice looking.

#12 Posted by kiruyama (1205 posts) -
I just want some single player details. Once they release some single player screens I'll be happy. And I never realized this, but I like Halo 3's visuals much more after watching the videos since it doesn't go crazy with light bloom like Gears of War and oblivion. But the game's overall multiplayer is so slow I could never stand it. Still, the game looks great, it's the levels they've shown off so far that haven't been stunning in that "epic" sort of way you'd expect.
#13 Posted by BrooklynBomber (1507 posts) -
Halo 2 on pc looks better than halo 3 shame on bungie.
#14 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

Halo 2 on pc looks better than halo 3 shame on bungie.BrooklynBomber

no it doesn't...it's a fact.

#15 Posted by GIJesse77 (3034 posts) -

what are you talking about? I always thought the graphics were amazing since the first vidoc came out. I don't know why people think they are bad.

BTW, did you take those yourself? 

#16 Posted by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

I just want some single player details. Once they release some single player screens I'll be happy. And I never realized this, but I like Halo 3's visuals much more after watching the videos since it doesn't go crazy with light bloom like Gears of War and oblivion. But the game's overall multiplayer is so slow I could never stand it. Still, the game looks great, it's the levels they've shown off so far that haven't been stunning in that "epic" sort of way you'd expect.kiruyama

the online is actually very fast paced IMO...play Rainbow Six, incredible online, but very slow

in a developer interview the devs said that the single player gives them a lot more options because you can have a lot more effects in there without slowing the game down

#17 Posted by Bansheesdie (15058 posts) -

Show me one H2V screen that looks better then this.

#18 Posted by LOKI-RA (269 posts) -
killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?
#19 Posted by jessesalinas (2935 posts) -

agreed

hockeyruler12

what he said. G

#20 Posted by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

Halo 2 PC

Halo 3

#21 Posted by Pro_wrestler (7879 posts) -
Halo has better textures and water than the graphical standard Gears of War.:)
#22 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?LOKI-RA

ha...ha.....you blew my funny fuse!.....ha....i can't laugh anymore! DAMN YOU!

#23 Posted by jessesalinas (2935 posts) -

beautiful pics by the way.

#24 Posted by Bansheesdie (15058 posts) -

killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?LOKI-RA

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

#25 Posted by Gnr_Helsing (1602 posts) -

I say HALO 3 looks next-gen, people who say it doesn't deserves a fish slap across their ugly faces!

#26 Posted by THE-TRAP-CARD (404 posts) -
You do know this is a forum about GAMES right?
#27 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

You do know this is a forum about GAMES right?THE-TRAP-CARD

Thanks Sherlock. I couldn't have figured it out without you.

#28 Posted by Episode_Eve (16986 posts) -
I have the Beta. It looks good, but pictures (especially those) always make it look bette for some reason. I have an HDTV also. I was dissapointed by the graphics. But hey the gameplay is so fun most of the times!
#29 Posted by Episode_Eve (16986 posts) -
On a second note the lighting stands out the most to me, looks great :). Outside of that the animations and art style of the games look almost comical in ways :(. Anyone else notice that?
#30 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

I have the Beta. It looks good, but pictures (especially those) always make it look bette for some reason. I have an HDTV also. I was dissapointed by the graphics. But hey the gameplay is so fun most of the times!Episode_Eve

actually those pictures dont even do the game justice. Can't see how it looks worse for you.

#31 Posted by gamespot813 (1068 posts) -

It looks awful!

... j/k

#32 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

On a second note the lighting stands out the most to me, looks great :). Outside of that the animations and art style of the games look almost comical in ways :(. Anyone else notice that?Episode_Eve

Yes Bungie has said that they have tweaked the art style a bit. It kinda looks like a painting at some spots.

#33 Posted by nVidiaGaMer (7793 posts) -

It looks good but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gears of war is better graphically at least. I bet Killzone 2 will also be better in terms of graphics (gameplay is still unknown). But Crysis will have the best graphics ever!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock:

"Diemer explained that "next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 do not offer sufficiant power" to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis (teamxbox.com)."

#34 Posted by nVidiaGaMer (7793 posts) -
Also I don't think Halo 3 will have breakable vegetation (trees, bushes, branches, etc.), real time weather/catastrophic events (rain,snow,tornadoes,hurricanes, earthquakes), your own level designer (included in crysis), 32 players online, breakable buildings, so you don't have to go inside to get an enemy instead shoot it with a rocket launcher or chuck a few nades!
#35 Posted by Bansheesdie (15058 posts) -

Also I don't think Halo 3 will have breakable vegetation (trees, bushes, branches, etc.), your own level designer (included in crysis)nVidiaGaMer

Halo 3 does have some destructable vegetation believe it or not, and there is a rumor that there might be a map editor for online.

• "The foliage in the game is physics-enabled, meaning it not only moves in the simulated wind, but actually reacts to the player's (or other creatures) presence and bullet fire, as well as from explosions. Some Flora in the game will also be destroyed after receiving enough damage."
  • "The grass animates, for one thing. Wind blows it, and it's affected by other things. Like explosions. In Halo 2, if you shoot (our admittedly very sparse) decorators with a rocket, they just sit there, glibly ignoring the explosion. Our new decorators are actually destructible. And they cast shadows, and can be lit correctly, like everything else in the game."
#36 Posted by Episode_Eve (16986 posts) -

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]I have the Beta. It looks good, but pictures (especially those) always make it look bette for some reason. I have an HDTV also. I was dissapointed by the graphics. But hey the gameplay is so fun most of the times!MADVLAD123

actually those pictures dont even do the game justice. Can't see how it looks worse for you.

What? How? The games looks like that. It doesnt look any better. I'm just dissapointed hyping the graphics to be the best on 360. Especially after playing Gears. Then again the maps are bigger in Halo and there are more characters and action. Hopefully when it releases it will look better.

#37 Posted by THEKING1337 (2086 posts) -
yes,Halo 3 look great. and PLAYS much better
#38 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

Also I don't think Halo 3 will have breakable vegetation (trees, bushes, branches, etc.), real time weather/catastrophic events (rain,snow,tornadoes,hurricanes, earthquakes), your own level designer (included in crysis), 32 players online, breakable buildings, so you don't have to go inside to get an enemy instead shoot it with a rocket launcher or chuck a few nades!nVidiaGaMer

what are you? Some kind of advertising bot from ubisoft? We're not talking about Crysis right now. Go to the Crysis forums and worship the game there.

#39 Posted by jessesalinas (2935 posts) -

[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]Also I don't think Halo 3 will have breakable vegetation (trees, bushes, branches, etc.), real time weather/catastrophic events (rain,snow,tornadoes,hurricanes, earthquakes), your own level designer (included in crysis), 32 players online, breakable buildings, so you don't have to go inside to get an enemy instead shoot it with a rocket launcher or chuck a few nades!MADVLAD123

what are you? Some kind of advertising bot from ubisoft? We're not talking about Crysis right now. Go to the Crysis forums and worship the game there.

lol.
#40 Posted by LawLo_O (165 posts) -
why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5
#41 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -

why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5LawLo_O

No, they're in their right resolution so don't worry about that. They havn't been packed down at all. so much for 2.5 huh?

#44 Posted by icy1007 (168 posts) -

Every game has jaggies of some sort. Nothing can be done about them so just get use to them.

#45 Posted by LawLo_O (165 posts) -

[QUOTE="LawLo_O"]why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5MADVLAD123

No, they're in their right resolution so don't worry about that. They havn't been packed down at all. so much for 2.5 huh?

yea im sure lemming the pics in like 5x6 inch pics are thier full resolution :lol:

heres your halo2.5 :lol: can you say horrible textures and jaggies?

#46 Posted by HappyInvader101 (3791 posts) -

Halo 3 looks great, ppl who say "Ize just halo 2 except shinneh" are fanboys

I finally got to play it, the Beta alone is better then Halo 2's multiplayer, i cant wait for H3.

But till then, i need to go out, and get Crackdown 

#47 Posted by elcarnal17CR (666 posts) -
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="LawLo_O"]why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5LawLo_O

yea im sure lemming the pics in like 5x6 inch pics are thier full resolution :lol:

lol.

I think its funny when fanboys waste 10 minutes of their lives finding pictures that don't prove their point at all.

#48 Posted by docmongo21 (293 posts) -

[QUOTE="LOKI-RA"]killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?Bansheesdie

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

agree 100% 

#49 Posted by MADVLAD123 (6053 posts) -
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="LawLo_O"]why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5LawLo_O

You can make any game look bad with low resolution pictures.

That's crysis. See how terrible it looks? Well that's what happens when you take a low resolution shot of it.

Now please. Learn to use some logic.

#50 Posted by kuza_9999 (429 posts) -
it looks pretty good for the beta, but there are a few problems from what i have seen, Personally, I don't like the new character models, i think their a little to bright, flamboyant if you will.