Who said Halo 3 looks bad?

• 136 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LawLo_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LawLo_O
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
[QUOTE="LawLo_O"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="LawLo_O"]why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5elcarnal17CR

No, they're in their right resolution so don't worry about that. They havn't been packed down at all. so much for 2.5 huh?

yea im sure lemming the pics in like 5x6 inch pics are thier full resolution :lol:

heres your halo2.5 :lol: can you say horrible textures and jaggies?

lol.

I think its funny when fanboys waste 10 minutes of their lives finding pictures that don't prove their point at all.

lol

i think its funny when lemmings like this are in denial 

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts
[QUOTE="elcarnal17CR"][QUOTE="LawLo_O"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="LawLo_O"]why dont u show full resolution screenshots instead of theese small packed down ones to hide all the jaggies in halo 2.5LawLo_O

No, they're in their right resolution so don't worry about that. They havn't been packed down at all. so much for 2.5 huh?

yea im sure lemming the pics in like 5x6 inch pics are thier full resolution :lol:

heres your halo2.5 :lol: can you say horrible textures and jaggies?

lol.

I think its funny when fanboys waste 10 minutes of their lives finding pictures that don't prove their point at all.

lol

i think its funny when lemmings like this are in denial 

it's funny that you would say that...

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
Half Life 2 looks better, and oh look it's a better game too.
SmoothMoved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SmoothMoved
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .
SmoothMoved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SmoothMoved
Half Life 2 looks better, and oh look it's a better game too.HoldThePhone
We all know half life 2 > All the games the lemmings have in their library combined .
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MADVLAD123

Half Life 2 looks better, and oh look it's a better game too.HoldThePhone

Well I kinda think that Halo 3 looks better. But as for saying it is a better game? you might want to just wait for the full game to actually come out and play the single player.

It's a bit hard to surpass Half Life 2's gameplay nowadays though. I don't think I have ever played a better FPS than that. Just being close to its quality in gameplay would make Halo 3 awesome. :P

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 MADVLAD123

Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .SmoothMoved

Do you not know what a beta is? It's a stage in development. There's Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Pre-Beta, Beta, and then there's Gold (where the game is finished). Might wanna change that signiature before more people see it and laugh at you.

SmoothMoved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SmoothMoved

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .MADVLAD123

Do you not know what a beta is? It's a stage in development. There's Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Pre-Beta, Beta, and then there's Gold (where the game is finished). Might wanna change that signiature before more people see it and laugh at you.

Did you even read that thread or the sig at all or just looked it over ? Lemming please .
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HoldThePhone

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .MADVLAD123

Bungie pretty much already confirmed that the Beta is what you are getting in the full version save for watever glitches need to be worked out (and new weapons, maps etc..) Graphics are pretty much final.

SmoothMoved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SmoothMoved
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .HoldThePhone

Bungie pretty much already confirmed that the Beta is what you are getting in the full version save for watever glitches need to be worked out (and new weapons, maps etc..) Graphics are pretty much final.

Shhhh dont say that . Madvlad is going to get mad for stating the truth .
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .SmoothMoved

Did you even read that thread or the sig at all or just looked it over ? Lemming please .

Actually, I'm not a lemming. I like the Halo series, enjoy wii games, will be getting a PS3 (late 2007) and I enjoy PC gaming.

Sorry to ruin your well constructed arguement. Just so you know, you have the same mentality as the guy in your sig. Many people will think you agree with the guy in your sig and think you are as misinformed as him (which you kinda seem like you are).

PS: I don't want to use any offensive terms to describe the kid's intelligence. But I'm sure you can understand what I mean by misinformed ;).

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .HoldThePhone

link of this so called confirmation?

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .SmoothMoved

Shhhh dont say that . Madvlad is going to get mad for stating the truth .

link it plz. Can't just make assumptions and call them the truth, kid.

LawLo_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LawLo_O

bu bu bu b ububuub ub but its teh BETA!1!!

get over it, horrible graphics are set in stone 

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HoldThePhone

I have no idea how to find it, it was a thread that quoted a bungie dev and gave a link.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

[QUOTE="SmoothMoved"]Oh snap its beta 0_0 ... Will it ever end lemmings .LawLo_O

bu bu bu b ububuub ub but its teh BETA!1!!

get over it, horrible graphics are set in stone 

....you have to show proof to make your arguement concrete. Or else you look stupid. i.e. what you wrote there.

like I said before, you can't make assumptions that the graphics are finalized.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

I have no idea how to find it, it was a thread that quoted a bungie dev and gave a link.

can you give me a link to that thread?

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HoldThePhone
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

The game looked similar enough to "Halo 2" to prompt someone to ask O'Connor if the beta's graphics were final. "The graphics are going to improve," he said, "but honestly, this is pretty representative of how multiplayer is going to look." He suggested people look at "Halo 3" and "Halo 2" side by side to see a dramatic difference, but he acknowledged that the new game wasn't going to have some of the wild graphical effects seen in other leading-edge video games. "We still try to keep the 'Halo' aesthetic," he said. "There's not much point in us filling the battlefield with smoke or grit or grime. 'Halo' is a very tactical shooter and people like to see where they're shooting."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1559460/20070514/id_0.jhtml

so i guess single player may look better, but yeah. 

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MADVLAD123
well this thread seems to have gone downhill. Here I was just showing some of the pics of Halo 3. And now its flooded with incomprehensible fanboys (not you HoldthePhone...you don't SEEM like a fanboy..:)). Sigh....system wars is such a terrible place to start a normal discussion.
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Ok, wait...

Forza 2 was thought to look amazing, then turned out to look kinda blah by lemmings. 

Halo 3  was thought to look amazin, then turned out to look blah by lemmings.  But now, all of a sudden, it looks great again? :lol: 

I'm confused...IGN forums are bashing this game's beta saying it looks terrible graphically.  Yet, on here, people say it looks great, but some still say it looks bad. 

I don't have the beta, I admit.  But based on the videos I've seen, it looks like "dare I say it" Halo 2.5.  So, you are saying that the beta looks better than the videos of the beta ??  This is odd...

LawLo_O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LawLo_O

well this thread seems to have gone downhill. Here I was just showing some of the pics of Halo 3. And now its flooded with incomprehensible fanboys (not you HoldthePhone...you don't SEEM like a fanboy..:)). Sigh....system wars is such a terrible place to start a normal discussion.MADVLAD123

like some fanboys who post small pics of halo2.5 trying to make the game look better than what is really is :lol:

the pics u posted are up there with people who take pics off thier tv with a cam 

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 HoldThePhone

Ok, wait...

Forza 2 was thought to look amazing, then turned out to look kinda blah by lemmings.

Halo 3 was thought to look amazin, then turned out to look blah by lemmings. But now, all of a sudden, it looks great again? :lol:

I'm confused...IGN forums are bashing this game's beta saying it looks terrible graphically. Yet, on here, people say it looks great, but some still say it looks bad.

I don't have the beta, I admit. But based on the videos I've seen, it looks like "dare I say it" Halo 2.5. So, you are saying that the beta looks better than the videos of the beta ?? This is odd...

AvIdGaMeR444

It was bashed until GS created a Halo 2 - Halo 3 comparison article and declared Halo3 a "drastic improvement." All of a sudden, SW changed all of its Halo 3 Graphics bash threads to, "Who actually thought Halo 3 looked bad!? rofl!" Kinda sad really.

Halo 3 looks good, not great, not bad, it's just a good-looking game.  

bob_nope_none

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 bob_nope_none
Member since 2005 • 2105 Posts
wow those are HD shots right? well ill tell ya my SD halo dont look like that lol.
MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MADVLAD123
[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]

The game looked similar enough to "Halo 2" to prompt someone to ask O'Connor if the beta's graphics were final. "The graphics are going to improve," he said, "but honestly, this is pretty representative of how multiplayer is going to look." He suggested people look at "Halo 3" and "Halo 2" side by side to see a dramatic difference, but he acknowledged that the new game wasn't going to have some of the wild graphical effects seen in other leading-edge video games. "We still try to keep the 'Halo' aesthetic," he said. "There's not much point in us filling the battlefield with smoke or grit or grime. 'Halo' is a very tactical shooter and people like to see where they're shooting."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1559460/20070514/id_0.jhtml

so i guess single player may look better, but yeah. 

Well he says that the graphics will improve in the first quote there. And they basically say at the end that they will keep the old Halo art style. That's basically all he was saying.

They say that the BETA is PRETTY representative to the final product (and it is not specified wether he is talking about graphics or gameplay) and they will make some improvements here and there.

Single player though, like all other games, will be a great looking game.

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MADVLAD123

[QUOTE="MADVLAD123"]well this thread seems to have gone downhill. Here I was just showing some of the pics of Halo 3. And now its flooded with incomprehensible fanboys (not you HoldthePhone...you don't SEEM like a fanboy..:)). Sigh....system wars is such a terrible place to start a normal discussion.LawLo_O

like some fanboys who post small pics of halo2.5 trying to make the game look better than what is really is :lol:

the pics u posted are up there with people who take pics off thier tv with a cam 

well actually they are taken straight from this site

http://www.gamepro.com/screen_gallery.cfm?globalid=110501 . I haven't done anything to resise them at all. The people at the site took HD shots using the capture card thing.

You almost got me with that great arguement there :roll:.

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts

Played the Beta today.

The graphics are fine.  Not really poor for a next-gen game but disappointing for 360's biggest game(they should get better and I believe they will).  The lighting in the game is the best part of the beta.

Multiplayer was fun but just felt like Halo 2 with a few new additions. 

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Every game has jaggies of some sort. Nothing can be done about them so just get use to them.

icy1007

Yes there can, it's called Anti-aliasing...:roll:

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
I think crysis said it looks bad
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
[QUOTE="AvIdGaMeR444"]

Ok, wait...

Halo 3 was thought to look amazin, then turned out to look blah by lemmings. But now, all of a sudden, it looks great again? :lol:

I'm confused...IGN forums are bashing this game's beta saying it looks terrible graphically. Yet, on here, people say it looks great, but some still say it looks bad.

I don't have the beta, I admit. But based on the videos I've seen, it looks like "dare I say it" Halo 2.5. So, you are saying that the beta looks better than the videos of the beta ?? This is odd...

HoldThePhone

It was bashed until GS created a Halo 2 - Halo 3 comparison article and declared Halo3 a "drastic improvement." All of a sudden, SW changed all of its Halo 3 Graphics bash threads to, "Who actually thought Halo 3 looked bad!? rofl!" Kinda sad really.

Halo 3 looks good, not great, not bad, it's just a good-looking game.  

Lemmings are using that as an excuse :lol:...wow, just wow!  Every GameSpot preview seems positive.  Even Advent Rising (which scored in the 5s here) had a positive preview if I remember correctly.  Also, the Gametrailers comparison video made Halo 3 look not nearly as good as I had hoped.  I still haven't played the actual beta yet, so maybe I should reserve judgment.  Still, people on IGN are REALLY bashing the graphics hard.

Avatar image for Mancow_wrestler
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Mancow_wrestler
Member since 2006 • 1249 Posts

I wasnt impressed with the videos and all that of halo 3, until I played the beta. I cant put this darn thing down! The game looks awesome and they've REALLY made it one of the most fun games on the 360! I can tell that they've spent a ton of time on the gameplay.

Halo3 = THE GAME of 2007... 

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

It looks even better in motion, but those screens are suficient. :)

d_40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 d_40
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts
damn that looks quite good when you think about it (BETA)
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Mancow_wrestler

damn that looks quite good when you think about it (BETA)d_40

Yea exactly, and supposedly Bungie is going to improve the graphics for the final release... 0_0 

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
After about half an hour of getting used to how it plays the graphics start to grow on you. You start to appreciate them more. I swear CRYSIS has poisoned everyone's expectation for how "next gen" games should look. HALO3 is bright, colorful, clear, and has some great textures. The gameplay is fantastic. If they released the game with just Team Slayer on Valhalla I'd probably pay $40 bucks for it. After putting several hours into the Beta and looking at every nook and cranny of the levels I can only imagine what the single player game will be like when they can script every moment for maximum impact. INCREDIBLE!
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Mancow_wrestler

After about half an hour of getting used to how it plays the graphics start to grow on you. You start to appreciate them more. I swear CRYSIS has poisoned everyone's expectation for how "next gen" games should look. HALO3 is bright, colorful, clear, and has some great textures. The gameplay is fantastic. If they released the game with just Team Slayer on Valhalla I'd probably pay $40 bucks for it. After putting several hours into the Beta and looking at every nook and cranny of the levels I can only imagine what the single player game will be like when they can script every moment for maximum impact. INCREDIBLE! JiveT

HERE HERE! My thoughts exactly. 

Thompsonwhore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Thompsonwhore
Member since 2003 • 2059 Posts
The first Halo was the first and last good one in the series. To add insult to injury, the added in the classic Halo assault rifle but... it just isn't the assault rifle. It's more like the Battle Rifle on automatic...
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
Its not that it looks bad. Far from it, it's just not what I was expecting.
WatsonC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 WatsonC
Member since 2003 • 1976 Posts
i have to be honest its halo 2 in HD 720 vs 480i on xBOX 1 .... it doesnt relaly look that amzing at all ..... but gameplay wise i agree, halo 2 was soo much fun of course it doesnt look BAD at all.. it still looks good
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 rpg9000owner

damn that looks quite good when you think about it (BETA)d_40
True, but Crysis is "Pre-Alpha", thats one stepbehind Halo 3, and Project Offset. It will certainly be improved but considering its set to release this year, I wouldn't expect big changes.

skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#90 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts

Halo 3 beta looks great i don't know what's the problem, final product will look even better and sp even better.

Spartan_024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Spartan_024
Member since 2003 • 2601 Posts
I was enjoying the game so much that I barely have time to pay attention at the graphics. But what stands out are the water effects and lighting, especially in High Ground. You also got to love the sound effects of gunshots from far away. You can hear this faint or muffled sounds of gunfights that informs you where the battle is taking place!!
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rpg9000owner

Halo 3 beta looks great i don't know what's the problem, final product will look even better and sp even better.

(pics of Halo 3 on a HDTV from gameplay)

skyform

You can make all games look better tenfold by using that method, here I have used the same technique with Half-Life 2, it arguably looks as good if not better than your Halo 3 screenies. 

Grayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Grayden
Member since 2003 • 3070 Posts

Yeah it is definately a pretty looking game even at this beta stage. The water effects i am especially impressed with, its great the way the water actually reacts to the curvature of the water channel on the Valhalla map.

Its a shame i havent been able to play the beta on a HDTV, hopefully i will be able to get one by the time the full game releases.

skyform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#94 skyform
Member since 2005 • 1522 Posts
[QUOTE="skyform"]

(pics of Halo 3 on a HDTV from gameplay)

rpg9000owner

You can make all games look better tenfold by using that method, here I have used the same technique with Half-Life 2, it arguably looks as good if not better than your Halo 3 screenies.

Halo 3 looks better then HL2. HL2 has way less polys going on, i don't see anything impresive in this picture, only a flat wall. 

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

it looks great. far better textures online than resistance single player.. some textures are impressive (though some still need some work)

and : BEST WATER TO DATE!!!!!!! 

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

well this thread seems to have gone downhill. Here I was just showing some of the pics of Halo 3. And now its flooded with incomprehensible fanboys (not you HoldthePhone...you don't SEEM like a fanboy..:)). Sigh....system wars is such a terrible place to start a normal discussion.MADVLAD123

Funny that after the sticy was taken down out came the fanboys and their typical blind fanboy remarks. I guess we're gonna have to put up with this till Halo 3 is released since they took the Sticky down. I'm sure the Halo 3 thread looked like it was slow in posts but I don't think the mods realize that when they take it down all the fanboys flock to their comps and starting posting away their flamebait posts and etc.... like before. In that Halo 3 thread few of these fanboys even bothered entering it and posting.

I guess we have to put up with people making up stuff about it looking like Halo 2.5 for more weeks and weeks. 

Rip870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Rip870
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

[QUOTE="LOKI-RA"]killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?Bansheesdie

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

Here you go. The pathetic thing is that Halo3 doesent look better then a first gen ps3 game

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Funny that after the sticy was taken down out came the fanboys and their typical blind fanboy remarks. I guess we're gonna have to put up with this till Halo 3 is released since they took the Sticky down. I'm sure the Halo 3 thread looked like it was slow in posts but I don't think the mods realize that when they take it down all the fanboys flock to their comps and starting posting away their flamebait posts and etc.... like before. In that Halo 3 thread few of these fanboys even bothered entering it and posting.

I guess we have to put up with people making up stuff about it looking like Halo 2.5 for more weeks and weeks. 

Rip870

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Rip870
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts

[QUOTE="LOKI-RA"]killzone looks better. in fact resistance does to?!?Bansheesdie

Show me a Resistance screen that looks better then this beta shot.

Here you go. The pathetic thing is that Halo3 doesent look better then a first gen ps3 game

Â