Who here wants Shigeru Miyamoto to die or to retire from the game industry?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tangmashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Tangmashi
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

What is the point of this thread? Would you say the same thing to Hideo Kojima, Will Wright, John Carrmack, Richard Garriet, etc.?mario-galaxys

Probably John Carrmack. He can make great game engines, just not actual games.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="phantomblade220"]

Absolutely. He looked at me wierd through my computer once.

BrunoBRS

and he'll do it again. that jerk.

http://www.wiinintendo.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Shigeru-Miyamoto.jpg

and here's one of him holding an imaginary baby

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Wait... dead? Are you serious?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Why the hell would I want someone to die that has done nothing wrong and has devoted his life to entertaining people of all ages with means other than over the top violence like most forms of entertainment nowadays

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CaptainAhab13

You want someone to die because they're affiliated with Nintendo? That's disgusting. I hope this is a sick joke or something.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Wanting anyone to die is terrible, if he did die would you smile and laugh? Or actually think "Oh he has family i can't think how they feel". Very shallow to want someone dead TC just because they didn't call you up directly and forge the gaming industry on your needs and wants.
Avatar image for dr-professional
dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dr-professional
Member since 2011 • 497 Posts
[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] 1. Please tell me you are not serious... :|charizard1605

I am. I'm familiar with game developing companies and publishers, but not so much with individuals. Not to mention that I was an extremely casual gamer until this gen.

Oh, okay. Anyway, Shigeru Miyanoto is like the single most important person in console gaming, and tied for the most important person in gaming with John Carmack. Not only is he the mastermind of franchises such as Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pikmin, he is also behind Nintendo's consoles like the N64, Wii and DS. Conventions in console gaming such as the ability to save your game, open world free form gameplay that allows for sequence breaking, lock on, 3D camera control, analog sticks and movement, touch screens and motion controls, were all popularized by him. Essentially, he is the Steve Jobs of Nintendo (and gaming in general).

Yes because the Wii was a good console and the DS was not underpowered or anything. It also wasn't new, they took a failed idea slapped Nintendo on it (and added and extra screen) and bam, popular. Yes cartridge game saving, consoles for the past couple gens (slash N64) have been using PC related saving now so that method is essentially obsolete. Nintendo has open-wrold games or am I taking that to literally? Lock-on was also not new. Even for cosnoles, all it did was use a primitive one for 3D games on consoles, and even then wasn't the first but people think it is , thous is why its thought Zelda somehow did it with complete originality. Analog sticks also were not new just like the claimed d-pad BS. movement? Touch screens already displayed, Motion Controls were popular before, the only diffrence between now and then is casual gamers are a much much larger portion of gamers now. Essentially he is great but not god like you are implying. Of course, not bashing Nintendo, but you are giving way to much credit there sir.
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Who here actually wants ANY fellow human being to die? Because that person has issues and probably needs professional help right away.charizard1605

What a self-righteous person you are. Not all human beings are your "fellow" and someone could have a good reason to wish for the death of another.

Anyway, no, I don't want Miyamoto to die nor do I WANT him to retire. He will retire when he feels like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Who here actually wants ANY fellow human being to die? Because that person has issues and probably needs professional help right away.Tezcatlipoca666

What a pompous person you are. Not all human beings are your "fellow" and someone could have a good reason to wish for the death of another.

Anyway, no, I don't want Miyamoto to die nor do I WANT him to retire. He will retire when he feels like it.

So not wanting anyone else to die is pompous? Wishing death upon someone is justified? Really? Really now?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Who here actually wants ANY fellow human being to die? Because that person has issues and probably needs professional help right away.Tezcatlipoca666

What a pompous person you are. Not all human beings are your "fellow" and someone could have a good reason to wish for the death of another.

Oh you mean like because his games don't satisfy? You're right he should be killed immediately :roll:

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Please seek help.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Hell no.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I don't want him to die, I don't want him to retire. If either happened I would be sad for a moment but at the end of the day wouldn't care.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I would never wish death on anyone. Thats just messed up.
Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
*reads "who here wants Shigeru Miyamoto to die* ...What dude? :|
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Tezcatlipoca666

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Who here actually wants ANY fellow human being to die? Because that person has issues and probably needs professional help right away.charizard1605

So not wanting anyone else to die is pompous? Wishing death upon someone is justified? Really? Really now?

Yeah. You are proposing a blanket statement that suggests that anyone who wants someone dead is automatically in the wrong and should be mentally checked. As if there could be no good reasons whatsoever.

Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Tezcatlipoca666

[QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Who here actually wants ANY fellow human being to die? Because that person has issues and probably needs professional help right away.JohnF111

Oh you mean like because his games don't satisfy? You're right he should be killed immediately :roll:

I wasn't talking about Miyamoto mate...

Making unsatisfactorygames is not a good reason to want someone dead. Killing hundreds of people would be.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#68 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I would love to direct a Zelda game :D. Put me in coach! (and yes I'm cramming a MM sequel down all your gullets)
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#69 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

So not wanting anyone else to die is pompous? Wishing death upon someone is justified? Really? Really now?charizard1605
I think he might have meant like if someone murdered your whole family, you might want that person to die. But that's a discussion for OT and not system wars.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

That is one messed up title

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
I would never want someone to die, espescially not my favorite person in the gaming industry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Tezcatlipoca666"]

Tezcatlipoca666

Yeah. You are proposing a blanket statement that suggests that anyone who wants someone dead is automatically in the wrong and should be mentally checked. As if there could be no good reasons whatsoever.

I am talking about normal circumstances. Not special or extenuating circumstances like, say, mercy killing. Or wishing death upon someone like Osama Bin Laden. Normal circumstances. However, I think the wording in my original post was a bit woolly.
Avatar image for dr-professional
dr-professional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dr-professional
Member since 2011 • 497 Posts
Posts here are right though. Excessive painfully slow torcher and the killing of his family being slowly torchered with fire while he is being tortured or waterboarded if fine, but death? nawww.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#74 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I have no desire for someone to die. Retire maybe, but die no.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#75 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

[QUOTE="brickdoctor"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] 1. Please tell me you are not serious... :|charizard1605

I am. I'm familiar with game developing companies and publishers, but not so much with individuals. Not to mention that I was an extremely casual gamer until this gen.

Oh, okay. Anyway, Shigeru Miyanoto is like the single most important person in console gaming, and tied for the most important person in gaming with John Carmack. Not only is he the mastermind of franchises such as Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and Pikmin, he is also behind Nintendo's consoles like the N64, Wii and DS. Conventions in console gaming such as the ability to save your game, open world free form gameplay that allows for sequence breaking, lock on, 3D camera control, analog sticks and movement, touch screens and motion controls, were all popularized by him. Essentially, he is the Steve Jobs of Nintendo (and gaming in general).

Ah, thanks for explaining. And in that case, I definitely wouldn't want him quitting, and I definitely don't want him to die.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#76 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Die?...That's a little harsh yo.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Lol this 'die' part is so random. Anyways I would say no because he's one of the few people who can make excellent platformers.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Well, he did make Wii Music and Pikmin.TheFallenDemon
Besides those 2 horrible games he's been great and I don't wish no one to die, that's harsh.
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 CaptainAhab13
Wishing the death upon someone inherently evil is one thing. Wishing the death upon an innocent game designer/developer/whatever is another. This is as bad as the people who legitimately want the people who are creating the most recent COD games to die, along with Activision. :P
AirGuitarist87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AirGuitarist87
Member since 2006 • 9499 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFallenDemon"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

What kind of sane person would want anybody like Shigeru Miyamoto to die? What bad has he done?

XVision84

Well, he did make Wii Music and Pikmin.

He also made Ocarina of time, Mario, and Donkey Kong.

The monster!

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Its embarassing to see him still holding that stupid zelda shield and sword. His dated game philosophy is holding Nintendo back. Time to go grandfather.

Now this is what i'm talking about. I'm wondering if there are more people like Bread here who wants Miyamoto dead.
lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
[QUOTE="lordlors"]

I'm just curious if there are really people here in SW who want this. Do you? and why?

joel_c17
Your a bad person

Nope. I was wondering if there are bad people here in SW who do want Miyamoto dead just because they dislike/hate his games and nintendo.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

:| What did he do to you?

lordlors

He has inspired me to become a game designer myself but with so much nintendo hate i just had to ask this board.

He inspired me to become a game designer as well. Hi-five!

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#84 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Dude, if you want Miyamoto to die, then you are a sad, cruel person... :| No joke.

EDIT: I bet Sony fanboys want him to die. Not kidding either.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

He should join Rare.

Nike_Air

And be buried with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
Rofl, what the hell?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

He should join Rare.

silversix_

And be buried with them.

Wait, so you really want him to die? REALLY?
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Peter Molyneaux should take this guy under his wing and teach him how to design games.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#89 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

The retire part, i understand.

The die part...what?

archvile_78
Yeah, that's a bit harsh! Die? He's a icon. Maybe retire. We all know legends sometimes don't wanna call it quits, ie. Michael Jordan, Brett Farve, Matt Hughes, etc., so maybe that's why he's staying in the business. Not to mention he's still pumping out great titles last I checked.
ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
At the very least it's time for Nintendo to bring in new blood.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

What kind of sane person would want anybody like Shigeru Miyamoto to die? What bad has he done?

TheFallenDemon

Well, he did make Wii Music and Pikmin.

Have not played Wii Music and don't plan to ever but if Pikmin is the worse he's done then we need to keep this man alive as long as new technological advances allow him to(Pikmin is one of my favorite on any platform).

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

He should join Rare.

charizard1605

And be buried with them.

Wait, so you really want him to die? REALLY?

No. So we don't hear about him just like RARE now.

Kvothe_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Kvothe_Stark
Member since 2010 • 360 Posts

Boy, this thread sure didn't go the way you planned.

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

Do the ToU changes still allow me to report that as offensive? Wanting someone to die? Really man come on

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

I personally want to kick everyone who wants him to die in the ribs. Not because I'm a fan of his work but wishing death upon a man that has done no wrong is a scummy thing to do.

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

Do the ToU changes still allow me to report that as offensive? Wanting someone to die? Really man come on

LaytonsCat
I think you should report it for being off-topic. What does wanting the death of a prominent game developer has anything to do with System Wars?
alfy57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 alfy57
Member since 2011 • 114 Posts
Man kids these days, wishing for people to die. Just very sad indeed. as to retire, i think he deserves a break.
alfy57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 alfy57
Member since 2011 • 114 Posts
[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

:| What did he do to you?

lordlors
He has inspired me to become a game designer myself but with so much nintendo hate i just had to ask this board.

I take it that your game designs flopped, so your taking your anger out on Miyamoto.
killa4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 killa4lyfe
Member since 2008 • 3849 Posts
I am trying very hard to refrain from obscenities in response to this thread, so I would suggest taking out the first part of the thread title (just hit edit) and will ignore that. To respond to the second question: Nope. :|
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Dated game design? The games have evolved. Nintendo games always evolve. There might be a curve to the evolution, but try playing super mario bros. After you play that, play Mario 3, then Mario World, then Mario 64, then Sunshine, then Galaxy. The Nintendo hate is really undeserved. I mean, the bulk of the other big developers have done the opposite. The entire design of the fps genre has taken a BIG step back from what was coming out on the PC about ten years ago.