Which platform makes the most $ for games, Consoles v PC? Numbers/Charts inside

• 135 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

On console the money is spread across a smaller number of titles (about 500 or so) with $15 billion between them.

ZombieKiller7

So its offical, consoles/handhelds only have 500 games. Since it is only fair that the console who sold the most get dibs on those 500(or so), there really isnt anything left over for the PS3 or 360. MGS4 not a game confirmed?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

So the PC as a single platform is almost as large as all consoles and handhelds from this generation and last combined, huh? And foolish consolites still say that PC gaming is dying? Oh, how foolish they are.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Hexagon_777

Holy cow, I just noticed something.

The list of partners for newzoo doesn't include Steam. So valve games, some of the biggest PC selling publisher, and the ton of games NOT published by other partners, but available through Steam aren't even counted in there!

What about Bethesda, are they in there too?

So it mgiht be that, the slice of the pie for PC is at least a bit larger than listed in those numbers.

Kinthalis

Quite right. The biggest digital retailer of PC games isn't even included in the first post so it's safe to say that PC gaming is even closer to all of console gaming than initially depicted. Heck, it probably even surpasses it.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Hexagon_777

Good love from Germany and Russia on the PC.

DD will become a bigger pro and it will always sell more.

tjricardo089

I would include Brazil as well. It's the English speaking countries like the US and the UK that favour consoles. France is the exception here. Never thought I'd see the ever so proud US and UK who constantly ridicule France be lumped together like that.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Hexagon_777

Misleading numbers are misleading. Where are the numbers from Japan? You just said charts don't tell the whole story. Don't try to change that tune now that you finally found one that favors the PC.DarthBilf
Consoles are missing Japan, and the PC is missing Steam. Sounds fair.

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 M3boarder23
Member since 2012 • 207 Posts
Not surprising that with the exception of Germany consoles lead in the more sophisticated affluent countries
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="DarthBilf"]Misleading numbers are misleading. Where are the numbers from Japan? You just said charts don't tell the whole story. Don't try to change that tune now that you finally found one that favors the PC.DarthBilf

It is the ONLY one available, it is not a retail sales chart, this is a company who produces reports that guide the industry. Not some VGchartz nonsense based only on retail sales. If you can find another company of similar note doing the same thing then feel free to post their reports. They do not produce a report on Japan, presumably because they can't get the numbers for it. If you can find a similarly reliable report then please feel free to post it here.

As has been stated, this companies reports are used by the biggest gaming companies around. This is obviously a reality check for you. That's not really my fault though is it.

edit - I should also add that Gamespot uses Newzoo as they have used graphs/charts in their news articles multiple times.

This doesn't prove ****, you are leaving out a huge market that overwhelmingly leans console. So, by your logic, I can post here every time the NPD reports that console sales decimated PC sales, because it is the "ONLY one available"? Don't make me laugh.

The PC is missing the largest digital retailer that operates on a worldwide basis (Steam) so it's fair. Stop complaining.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Link3301"]

[QUOTE="DarthBilf"] Selective reading comprehension ftw. I was responding directly to someone who claimed that since Valve and Bethesda games aren't included, the numbers cited actually underrate PC sales. That is BS, since both those companies make the majority of their sales on consoles in many cases. A lot of people like yourself are so mired in bias that you can't conduct a rational debate. Unfortunately, I don't think I can correct that.DarthBilf

Are you butthurt bro? He left out countries that lean heavily towards PC, too. Sorry that you can't play sales anymore.

So we agree this is a meaningless and ridiculous discussion, since there is not enough data to determine anything. Sorry if logic goes over your little head.

Dude, this is System Wars. Why are you even here if you dislike idiocy so much? Does that not make you an idiot yourself? Seriously, complaining about a lack of logic in System Wars is only what a fool chooses to do.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Hexagon_777

Not surprising that with the exception of Germany consoles lead in the more sophisticated affluent countriesM3boarder23
I am quite surprised actually. One would expect a greater degree of education in these more affluent countries and thus numbers leaning more in favour of the PC. Perhaps this affluence you speak of can be tied to laziness. With the exception of Germany, Russia and Brazail are perhaps more inclined to to buy the better product as they are not as well off and thus seek out the better deals where possible.

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 M3boarder23

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"]Not surprising that with the exception of Germany consoles lead in the more sophisticated affluent countriesHexagon_777

I am quite surprised actually. One would expect a greater degree of education in these more affluent countries and thus numbers leaning more in favour of the PC. Perhaps this affluence you speak of can be tied to laziness. With the exception of Germany, Russia and Brazail are perhaps more inclined to to buy the better product as they are not as well off and thus seek out the better deals where possible.

It's not laziness. It's the fact that for us time is money. And we simply don't have time to troubleshoot or research hat works together. We leave such trivial inconveniences to the loser penny pinchers who work for minimum wage
Avatar image for deactivated-5df236af85f29
deactivated-5df236af85f29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5df236af85f29
Member since 2011 • 481 Posts

holy hell

pc owns consoles from multiple angles

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"]Not surprising that with the exception of Germany consoles lead in the more sophisticated affluent countriesM3boarder23

It's not laziness. It's the fact that for us time is money. And we simply don't have time to troubleshoot or research hat works together. We leave such trivial inconveniences to the loser penny pinchers who work for minimum wage

But if thou art so affluent, why not buy a finished PC that is quite capable of gaming? Or is that too expensive again? You know what I did? I went here, let them build a PC for me, bought the parts, received the parts, and built the PC myself in...one and a half hours which includes installing Windows 7. Oh, and it was my first time building one. What's even stranger is, this baby doesn't just play games, oh no, it does so much more, and very quickly at that! Since time is money in these affluent nations, and I reside in one of these affluent nations, I decided to spend a tad more so that I can game on it (about as much as I would spend on a very limited console) and can use these PC to game, work, and do whatever else. Yes, PCs can be used for work, so even the "time is money" factor is covered here.

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 M3boarder23

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I am quite surprised actually. One would expect a greater degree of education in these more affluent countries and thus numbers leaning more in favour of the PC. Perhaps this affluence you speak of can be tied to laziness. With the exception of Germany, Russia and Brazail are perhaps more inclined to to buy the better product as they are not as well off and thus seek out the better deals where possible.

Hexagon_777

But if thou art so affluent, why not buy a finished PC that is quite capable of gaming? Or is that too expensive again? You know what I did? I went here, let them build a PC for me, bought the parts, received the parts, and built the PC myself in...one and a half hours which includes installing Windows 7. Oh, and it was my first time building one. What's even stranger is, this baby doesn't just play games, oh no, it does so much more, and very quickly at that! Since time is money in these affluent nations, and I reside in one of these affluent nations, I decided to spend a tad more so that I can game on it (about as much as I would spend on a very limited console) and can use these PC to game, work, and do whatever else. Yes, PCs can be used for work, so even the "time is money" factor is covered here.

Lmao pathetic
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#115 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Let's compare all consoles against one non-console platform. It's fun!

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] It's not laziness. It's the fact that for us time is money. And we simply don't have time to troubleshoot or research hat works together. We leave such trivial inconveniences to the loser penny pinchers who work for minimum wageM3boarder23

Lmao pathetic

You deserve a Rebuttal of the Year award.No way to counter such a thoughtful argument :lol:

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 M3boarder23

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]But if thou art so affluent, why not buy a finished PC that is quite capable of gaming? Or is that too expensive again? You know what I did? I went here, let them build a PC for me, bought the parts, received the parts, and built the PC myself in...one and a half hours which includes installing Windows 7. Oh, and it was my first time building one. What's even stranger is, this baby doesn't just play games, oh no, it does so much more, and very quickly at that! Since time is money in these affluent nations, and I reside in one of these affluent nations, I decided to spend a tad more so that I can game on it (about as much as I would spend on a very limited console) and can use these PC to game, work, and do whatever else. Yes, PCs can be used for work, so even the "time is money" factor is covered here.

Rocker6

Lmao pathetic

You deserve a Rebuttal of the Year award.No way to counter such a thoughtful argument :lol:

His counter to the fact that PC Gamers are penny pinching losers is a paragraphs worth explaining how and y he built his computer :lol:
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] It's not laziness. It's the fact that for us time is money. And we simply don't have time to troubleshoot or research hat works together. We leave such trivial inconveniences to the loser penny pinchers who work for minimum wageM3boarder23

Lmao pathetic

Thank you, I lmao'd as well when I saw your rebuttal. :lol:

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]But if thou art so affluent, why not buy a finished PC that is quite capable of gaming? Or is that too expensive again? You know what I did? I went here, let them build a PC for me, bought the parts, received the parts, and built the PC myself in...one and a half hours which includes installing Windows 7. Oh, and it was my first time building one. What's even stranger is, this baby doesn't just play games, oh no, it does so much more, and very quickly at that! Since time is money in these affluent nations, and I reside in one of these affluent nations, I decided to spend a tad more so that I can game on it (about as much as I would spend on a very limited console) and can use these PC to game, work, and do whatever else. Yes, PCs can be used for work, so even the "time is money" factor is covered here.

Rocker6

Lmao pathetic

I know, right? What a derpy rebuttal. :lol:

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] Lmao patheticM3boarder23

His counter to the fact that PC Gamers are penny pinching losers is a paragraphs worth explaining how and y he built his computer :lol:

And yet console gamers are the ones whing about how expensive PC gaming is, right? ;)

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] Lmao patheticM3boarder23

Let me apply even more logic for you in the hope that you will understand, although I am sure you won't. If PC gamers are penny pinching losers, then why is it that the ones going for consoles (gimped, standardized, prebuilt machines) employ the "time is money" factor? Are they not pinching those pennies by going for lesser machines?

Think. ;)

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 M3boarder23

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Hexagon_777

And yet console gamers are the ones whing about how expensive PC gaming is, right? ;)

My 510HP car was 50k dollars, and has 15k in cosmetic and performance mods. You think I give a damn about price !? :lol:
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] His counter to the fact that PC Gamers are penny pinching losers is a paragraphs worth explaining how and y he built his computer :lol:M3boarder23

My 510HP car was 50k dollars, and has 15k in cosmetic and performance mods. You think I give a damn about price !? :lol:

Then there should be no issue with you gaming on the PC since you obviously have time AND money. You're kinda going back on your own argument here.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

1. piracy is as bad as you are lead to believe on pc.
2.as a platform PC isn't just gaming pcs so....its pretty sad that even under that criteria still didn't make as much money it doesn't include just gaming pcs but every pc that received a purchase of a game even that 10 year old imac that a grandma has in nebraska.

P.S: the numbers include social network games something hermits would never let console users live with if they used those types of numbers but hermits have no problem using them for themselves.
But thats the only way pc gamers can win in any sales debate by padding their numbers with social networking games, otherwise like in 2009 they would be stuck with only 19% of the market.

M3boarder23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 M3boarder23

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]And yet console gamers are the ones whing about how expensive PC gaming is, right? ;)

Hexagon_777

Then there should be no issue with you gaming on the PC since you obviously have time AND money. You're kinda going back on your own argument here.

I have a Gaming PC, it sucks I hate it
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="M3boarder23"] My 510HP car was 50k dollars, and has 15k in cosmetic and performance mods. You think I give a damn about price !? :lol:M3boarder23

I have a Gaming PC, it sucks I hate it

Eh? You for real? :shock:

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

You suck at trolling these days.

LoosingENDS has completely out staged you.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#128 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

2.as a platform PC isn't just gaming pcs so....its pretty sad that even under that criteria still didn't make as much money it doesn't include just gaming pcs but every pc that received a purchase of a game even that 10 year old imac that a grandma has in nebraska.

P.S: the numbers include social network games something hermits would never let console users live with if they used those types of numbers but hermits have no problem using them for themselves.
But thats the only way pc gamers can win in any sales debate by padding their numbers with social networking games, otherwise like in 2009 they would be stuck with only 19% of the market.

WilliamRLBaker

Were you born retarded, or did your dad beat the stupidity into you?

The totals listed by the TC are PC Download/Retail and MMO ONLY. He is NOT INCLUDING CASUAL PORTALS/SOCIAL GAMES.

Moron.

Just Digitla Donwloads + retail + MMO it's 99% of the ENTIRE CONSOLE MARKET.

Deal with it.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#129 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

WilliamRLBaker

I assume that either you can´t read or you have a serious mental problem.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
You would think consoles, as this is such a concentrated area and overwhelmingly mass market. Does that mean there isn't loadsamoney to be made on the PC, in digital, casual or hardcore (in particular) markets? Hell no, no the PC is thriving and cosmopolitan as it ever has been. Can't say the same about consoles in their current state.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Typical, 90% of the pro-console arguments rely on s*it information and s*it logic.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#132 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

Typical, 90% of the pro-console arguments rely on s*it information and s*it logic.

Barbariser

No surprises there.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Why are these steam sales figures always such a closely guarded secret? If anything it should significantly easier to determine how many hits a game is getting.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#134 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

Why are these steam sales figures always such a closely guarded secret? If anything it should significantly easier to determine how many hits a game is getting.

Pray_to_me

Steam considers it private data. It's up to the devs/publishers to release those numbers, either because they want to, or because they have to (as in publicly traded companies).

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

Kinthalis

Steam considers it private data. It's up to the devs/publishers to release those numbers, either because they want to, or because they have to (as in publicly traded companies).

If the numbers were impressive they would be lauded. For every multiplat release where the PC sales were revealed to be a fraction of what the console sales are. I take this study from "Rando game chart firm" with a grain of salt. These sales could be for any game from mah jong to bejewled. but 99% of titles of note sell exponentially better on either PS3 or 360 let alone both.