Which game made you go "wtfomg-nowai!!"?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

I've just finished playing MGS4, and I got to say....this game was epic and almost made me shed tears at times. Not only were the cutscenes epic, but so was the gameplay throughout the game.

Some of you may say "MGS4 is overated. The story sux. Halo 3 owns MGS4" and what not. I thought so too at first but holy....that definitely was not the case in reality once I even started the game. But..that's all about my experiences with MGS4.

Anywho, what game have you played that made you literally go crazy through out the whole game? I mean from gameplay to cutscenes to whatever.

Mines is MGS4. And yours? :)

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
The Orange Box
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
MGS4 is definitely the one that did it this gen. Oblivion too.
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

I was "wtfomg-nowai!!" 'ing all throughout MGS4 too.

And Indigo Prophecy. The last fourth of that game... I don't know how to describe it. :lol:

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Half-life 2. Hands down.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
jedi knight2 jedi outcast where you can enable saber realistic combat and get to slice people open with lightsabers
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Killer7 and No More Heroes.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#10 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Oblivion - Just how beautiful the game is. Plus I find it very addicting.

Final Fantasy XII - This game is also beautiful, and just on a grand scale.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - The story did it in for me on this game, plus seeing Final Form for the first time is tight and the overall package is wonderful.

-------

Of course there are others, but those are the ones that first popped into my head.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zassimick  Moderator

Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario GalaxyBioShockOwnz

I've had a ginormous JRPG craving lately, and I'm using FFIX and FFVIII to sedate that urge for now. I'm going to research Infinite Undiscovery, but is Lost Odyssey really amazing? Story-wise and gameplay? Cause it dropped down to $40 at Wal-Mart and I've been tempted to get it, only thing holding me back is low moneyz... :(

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, and Super Mario Galaxy.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario GalaxyZassimick

I've had a ginormous JRPG craving lately, and I'm using FFIX and FFVIII to sedate that urge for now. I'm going to research Infinite Undiscovery, but is Lost Odyssey really amazing? Story-wise and gameplay? Cause it dropped down to $40 at Wal-Mart and I've been tempted to get it, only thing holding me back is low moneyz... :(

It really is that amazing. The story is beautiful, especially the dreams. Jansen and Seth are easily two of my favorite characters ever put into an RPG, too. The gameplay is random encounters and turnbased, so it's old school in that area, but it has a ring system which makes you feel like you are participating more in a battle after you choose your attack.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

Castlevania: SotN: Each time I entered a new area in the castle I felt overwhelmed and very excited. The game became even better when the castle turned upside down.

Killer 7: It took a wee bit of time to get used to. Once I got the hang of it I couldn't get enough of it. Gameplay was so original and easy to get in to.

System Shock 2: Everything. Every-****ing-thing. From the beginning to the end it was just one giant piece of greatness.

Deus Ex: See above.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

The Orange Box Waffle_Fish

especially the end of Half Life 2 Ep. 2

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario GalaxyBioShockOwnz

It really is that amazing. The story is beautiful, especially the dreams. Jansen and Seth are easily two of my favorite characters ever put into an RPG, too. The gameplay is random encounters and turnbased, so it's old school in that area, but it has a ring system which makes you feel like you are participating more in a battle after you choose your attack.

Then I might be picking it up at Wal-Mart in the next couple days. :D See what happens I guess.

-Wheels-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Wheels-
Member since 2005 • 3137 Posts

This Gen:

Bioshock, Gears, Portal, and Mario Galaxy

Previous Gens:

Pilot Wings (SNES)

Pilot Wings 64 (N64)

Act Raiser (SNES)

Super Mario World (SNES)

Yoshi's Island (SNES)

Super Mario RPG (SNES)

Mario 64 (N64)

Mario Kart 64 (N64)

Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)

Loz: OoT (N64)

Loz: LttP (SNES)

Starfox (SNES)

Kirby's Adventure in Dreamland (NES)

Starfox 64 (N64)

Conker's BFD (N64)

Goldeneye 007 (N64)

Extreme G3 (GC)

Far Cry (PC)

Metal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC)

Unreal Tournament (PC)

Soldier of Fortune (PC)

Roller Coaster Tycoon (PC)

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

Tomb Rader (PS1)

Destruction Derby 2 (PS1)

Sonic Adventure (DC)

Shenmue (DC)

Sword of the Beserk (DC)

Road Rash (Gen)

Skies of Arcadia (DC/GC)

Metroid Prime (GC)

Burnout 3 (PS2)

Shadow of the Collosus (PS2)

Devil May Cry (PS2)

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)

Crazy Taxi (DC)

Sonic the Hedgehog (Gen)

Virtua Fighter (Saturn)

Soul Calibur (DC)

Power Stone (DC)

Power Stone 2 (DC)

Fur Fighters (DC)

FF VI (SNES)

MGS (PS1)

MGS 2 (PS2)

MGS 3 (PS2)

That's all I can think of for now, but those are some of my omg moments. Not all the games above I enjoy anymore, but they all blew me away at one time.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

MGS4's ending made me cry... because it was exactly what I didn't want to see. In my opinion, MGS4's ending was worse than the disappointing ending that came with Bioshock, or KOTOR2's half-finished ending. With that said, the following games have floored me:

- MGS4 (the first 4 acts)
- Mass Effect
- Bioshock
- Portal
- Half-Life 2
- Half-Life 2 Episode 2
- Braid

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Zassimick"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario GalaxyZassimick

Then I might be picking it up at Wal-Mart in the next couple days. :D See what happens I guess.

It's a lot like FFX, so if you liked that, then you'll most likely like Lost Odyssey. Not to mention, the game is just beautiful. I think this is the Unreal Engine 3 at its best. There's also ways you can interact with the environment, which shows off the physics. When you first enter the first city, head to the playground, kick the ball around, and mess with the big metal creature looking thing. Both of those show off some pretty impressive and realistic physics. Definitely the best I've seen in a JRPG.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
castle crashers :P
diped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 diped
Member since 2008 • 2005 Posts
imagine babyz, and mgs4. they are both in the same league.
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

SMG.. at the start I was like, we gotta save princess peach "wtfomg-nowaiiiii!"..

Seriously though, MGS4..

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Zassimick"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Deus Ex, System Shock 2, BioShock, Crysis, Lost Odyssey, GTA IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario GalaxyBioShockOwnz

It's a lot like FFX, so if you liked that, then you'll most likely like Lost Odyssey. Not to mention, the game is just beautiful. I think this is the Unreal Engine 3 at its best. There's also ways you can interact with the environment, which shows off the physics. When you first enter the first city, head to the playground, kick the ball around, and mess with the big metal creature looking thing. Both of those show off some pretty impressive and realistic physics. Definitely the best I've seen in a JRPG.

Wait...bioshock, you never told me it was like FFX. If that was the case, I would've bought it a long time ago :x. Since my money is low at the moment, I'll buy it in a couple of days.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
mgs4
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I had so many of those moments in MGS4, it was insane!

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

[QUOTE="Waffle_Fish"]The Orange Box KGB32

especially the end of Half Life 2 Ep. 2

So sad. :(
dyproximy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dyproximy
Member since 2003 • 1194 Posts
mgs4 and mass effect from this gen.
Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
KOTOR , PSO, Mass Effect, RB6V
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zassimick  Moderator

BioShockOwnz

I loved FFX. :D Such a gorgeous game, and now I just got done watching a couple vids of IU and LO and LO looks like I'll enjoy it more, plus the story interests me. The music sounded great as well.

I'll buy it from the recommendation of you, BSO, but so help me if I don't like it... :evil: :P

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
GTA IV, Kingdom Hearts 2, Assassin's Creed and Gears of War.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

MGS2

Now that game is seriously WTF:?

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Doom II, Company of Heroes, TF2, Diablo II, Portal, Quake just to name a few.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
Every MGS game was like that for me. All the half lifes also, but EP1 and EP2 made me say WTF NO WAY because they were so flippin short and both had stupid cliff hangers. OOT had alot of those moments also for me. There are some other games but these series of games are some of the best gamming moments out there.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 2 - The story did it in for me on this game, plus seeing Final Form for the first time is tight and the overall package is wonderful.

-------

Of course there are others, but those are the ones that first popped into my head.

Zassimick

the final boss in KH2 was ridiculously crazy.

Not hard but crazy to watch. Leaping on sky scrapers and stuff goddamn!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 zassimick  Moderator
[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

-------

Shinobishyguy

Yeah I know. :D It was epic in almost every sense of the word. Blocking all those beams with your Keyblade alongside Riku, running up buildings and just... :D Plus, the ending. omg I just love the story to these games...

K, better go wipe off the drool now. :oops:

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts
Even though I never played it myself, from what I've heard Killer 7 and No More Heroes are games that kinda do that. :P
masterpb24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 masterpb24
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts

Half Life 2 and all of its episodes

No other game has ever made me actually feel like i was in the game other then HL2

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Zassimick

I loved FFX. :D Such a gorgeous game, and now I just got done watching a couple vids of IU and LO and LO looks like I'll enjoy it more, plus the story interests me. The music sounded great as well.

I'll buy it from the recommendation of you, BSO, but so help me if I don't like it... :evil: :P

Lol! I'm pretty excited for IU, but I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't be as good as LO. I've heard some annoying complaints about IU, which could ruin the gameplay, and hurt in replay, because I hear the beginning is extremely tedious. LO is one of the best JRPG's that doesn't have a FF name.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="Zassimick"]

-------

Zassimick

Yeah I know. :D It was epic in almost every sense of the word. Blocking all those beams with your Keyblade alongside Riku, running up buildings and just... :D Plus, the ending. omg I just love the story to these games...

K, better go wipe off the drool now. :oops:

too think that the whole series started off with a little kid living on an island that whacked stuff with a stick
LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts

The Orange Box Waffle_Fish
what really that game was terrible except portal

there are only a handfull of games that made me make strange combinations of letters. I'd say the final fantasy 7, 9, and 10 did that as well as the entire Jak and Daxter series

Of ccourse MGS4 did too probly the best game ever

Oroin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Oroin
Member since 2006 • 3041 Posts
[QUOTE="Zassimick"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Lol! I'm pretty excited for IU, but I can pretty much guarantee you that it won't be as good as LO. I've heard some annoying complaints about IU, which could ruin the gameplay, and hurt in replay, because I hear the beginning is extremely tedious. LO is one of the best JRPG's that doesn't have a FF name.

I had high hopes for IU but right now I'm a little unsure about getting it.. But is LO really that good? What's different about LO and any other turnbased rpg? I'm still not sure about getting it

LastRedMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LastRedMage
Member since 2007 • 886 Posts
OMG i almost forgot about Shadow of the Collossus that game was truely epic
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

I know I'm forgetting some, but GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, all Gods of Wars, MGS4 (I agree with your every word about the game, TC) and Gears of War.

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
Deus Ex, Planescape: Torment, System Shock 2.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Zassimick"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Oroin

I had high hopes for IU but right now I'm a little unsure about getting it.. But is LO really that good? What's different about LO and any other turnbased rpg? I'm still not sure about getting it

In the gameplay department, there really isn't much different about it, except for the ring system, which adds in a little more strategy and participation after you select your attack.

The story is what sets Lost Odyssey apart. It has real emotional depth. A lot of the emotion comes from the "Dreams", so you can't skip those. Jansen and Seth are two incredibly likable characters, too. In the beginning, the main character, Kaim, is quite silent. He's not one of those characters that screams "I have to save the world! Our lives depend on it!", or something typically found in a lot of JRPG's. He starts off as very silent, but still fighting for a cause. His deeper emotions and thoughts are expressed through the "Dreams", but later on he opens up more. Also, this game has a lot of cutscenes, and that's why it spreads across 4 DVD's. The story is the main focus here, even though the gameplay is no slacker, either, it's just very hardcore and old school at its core.

Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts
Pokemon red,when missing no came out of nowhere and the game died, i was so like that.
zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zassimick  Moderator

In the gameplay department, there really isn't much different about it, except for the ring system, which adds in a little more strategy and participation after you select your attack.

The story is what sets Lost Odyssey apart. It has real emotional depth. A lot of the emotion comes from the "Dreams", so you can't skip those. Jansen and Seth are two incredibly likable characters, too. In the beginning, the main character, Kaim, is quite silent. He's not one of those characters that screams "I have to save the world! Out lives depend on it!", or something typically found in a lot of JRPG's. He starts off as very silent, but still fighting for a cause. His deeper emotions and thoughts are expressed through the "Dreams", but later on he opens up more. Also, this game has a lot of cutscenes, and that's why it spreads across 4 DVD's. The story is the main focus here, even though the gameplay is no slacker, either, it's just very hardcore and old school at its core.

BioShockOwnz

I'm sold. :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

The story is what sets Lost Odyssey apart. It has real emotional depth. A lot of the emotion comes from the "Dreams", so you can't skip those. Jansen and Seth are two incredibly likable characters, too. In the beginning, the main character, Kaim, is quite silent. He's not one of those characters that screams "I have to save the world! Out lives depend on it!", or something typically found in a lot of JRPG's. He starts off as very silent, but still fighting for a cause. His deeper emotions and thoughts are expressed through the "Dreams", but later on he opens up more. Also, this game has a lot of cutscenes, and that's why it spreads across 4 DVD's. The story is the main focus here, even though the gameplay is no slacker, either, it's just very hardcore and old school at its core.

Zassimick

I'm sold. :D

Okie dokie! I'm off to pick up my check from Microsoft. :D :P

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
This gen? MGS4, Oblivion, Biochock anc COD4.
Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Dark-Pain
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
MGS4 it was amazing. Also Mass effect, and SMG.