Which game flopping would hurt the most for fanboys?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which game flopping would hurt the most for fanboys? (209 votes)

The Order 1886 6%
Bloodborne 14%
Uncharted 4 41%
Rime 0%
Zelda U 9%
Super Smash Bros Wii U 5%
Bayonetta 2 1%
Xenoblade Chronicles X 0%
Sunset Overdrive 1%
Quantum Break 0%
Rise of the Tomb Raider 1%
Halo 5 Guardians 21%

Given the Destiny flopping and Hyrule Warriors miraculously scoring an 8, I thought it'd be an interesting poll to say which flop people think might hurt each respective console the most. I included 4 games per platform to make it as fair possible. I only included exclusives since multi-platform flops affects us all!

Note: Even though Tomb Raider will eventually be multiplatform I included because that might be particularly damaging given that MS probably payed for exclusivity.

• 
m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#151 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

why isnt star citizen on this list? its by far the most logical answer. im going to laugh myself to death if the game bombs out, or better yet becomes vaporware.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

why isnt star citizen on this list? its by far the most logical answer. im going to laugh myself to death if the game bombs out, or better yet becomes vaporware.

Because pc doens't depend on exclusives. While Pillars of Eternity and Torment are highly anticipated, Divinity already scored great.

If SC becomes vaporware, pc will remain the defintive platform.

If Halo or UC bombs score wise, lems and cows would go nuts because it's their main exclusive. And honestly,right now, there's not much else to the next gen consoles.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 m3dude1

lems and cows havent invested thousands of dollars of their own money into halo or UC.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

lems and cows havent invested thousands of dollars of their own money into halo or UC.

huh? Pretty sure bombing has to do with score. Graphically, the game will probably push those high end rigs for those who want 4K, triple monitor displays and 60fps.

Point is, if SC bombds score wise, meh, pc will comntinue to be better, specially with more and more multiplats coming to pc. If the console's main exclusive bombs, and there's not enough highly scored games to compensate, well.......

Not sure what you're trying to say with this post

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

@m3dude1:

I don't think you understand the "subtleties" of SW.

Hermits haven't flipped their shit over a flop in almost 10 years. They have too many games to worry about just one and they don't tend to share a hive mind when it comes to hype like other factions.

Cows are on the opposite end of the spectrum, hyping damn near every exclusive like it's the 2nd coming. They're not as bad as they used to be since they've felt the burn of the flop too many times, but they still haven't completely learned their lesson either. When they truly latch onto a game, the hype is astronomical and when it flops you'll see some of the most pathetic damage control imaginable.

Lems and sheep are somewhere between those two. Twilight Princess tamed the sheep years ago.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By m3dude1

it would obviously hurt more for a fanboy hermit who invested thousands of his own money if the game bombed or became vaporware. its not surprising at all that you are actually arguing this tho.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

it would obviously hurt more for a fanboy hermit who invested thousands of his own money if the game bombed or became vaporware. its not surprising at all that you are actually arguing this tho.

Not sure if you understand what flop means here on SW. A game gets hyped to reach a certain score bracket. If it fails to meet the consensus hype then it's a flop. It really has no bearing on a games quality or success at all.

Star Citizen obviously isn't in vaporware territory and a crowd funded game can't really bomb commercially. Not sure what this has to do with the topic though, we're talking about flops on GS System Wars.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#158 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Half Life 3 would make all the elitists go apeshit

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

It's halo........

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#160 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I picked SSB thinking of sales numbers flopping.

But yeah, definitely Bloodborne and Uncharted 4. They've both apparently peaked and seeing them possibly decline further would cause cow chaos.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#161 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

I would say Uncharted 4 or Zelda or Halo 5 would have a giant effect. I would say all platforms have this possibility. For me personally, Zelda flopping would be the biggest disappointment. I'll probably enjoy U4, Halo 5 and Zelda all quite a bit unless they really suck. Your basically looking at each platforms Major Mascott in these games (Nintendo has many, but Zelda is probably its biggest hardcore franchise). But if I could only play one game on that list it would be Zelda, second would be Halo 5 and 3rd be Uncharted 4. But i'll play all these games regardless of what other people think, unless theirs some major bugs that basically render the game unplayable.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@ButDuuude said:

@sts106mat said:

Uncharted 4 probably

Since Sony doesn't really have a single Iconic IP / Character like Master Chief, Link or Mario, there is less to worry about if UC4 blows for some reason.

there is zero chance of Halo 5 flopping.

Sony has many. Sweet Tooth and Kratos for example.

Sony has some characters, yes, but not a single iconic one who signifies gaming.

who the **** is sweet tooth? Kratos is nowhere near as well known mario/masterchief.

stop lying to yourself

lol wow. Everyone knows Mario, Master Chief is as well known as Kratos.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Star Citizen - hermits

Bloodborne - cows

Halo 5 - lems

there's nothing flop on WiiU cuz games is something the system doesn't have

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

@silversix_ said:

there's nothing flop on WiiU cuz games is something the system doesn't have

Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, Zelda U, etc. = "not games"

Got it.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@nervmeister: well bayonetta is a dmc reject.....

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#167  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Of that list, Uncharted 4 would completely crush most of the users on this board.

thats why this exists

Loading Video...