Where's Pc Gaming Standing?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="rockzo"]

hell because of Digital Distribution of pc games is causing EB/gamestop to go under.

Get real - they're not going under. Gamestop is still profitable.

they are for now..but where the PC goes..the consoles tend to follow. this is a very real problem that gamestop and co are going to have to face. DD is going to become a bigger facet in all forms of gaming. sony have already let loose a few salvos this gen and have alot more rounds ready for next gen. bottom line..console manufacturers want DD to take over. why? cheaper to maintain and run, no second hand market and they can exert more control over what both you and publishers can and can not do on the platform. it wont happen next gen...but DD becoming more dominant in general is coming. funny thing is in the end...the PC may be the only place where companies like gamestop can survive in the long run since its the only open platform that allows free competition.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Eh? PC AAA/E, AA/E list. 2010 Lineup Indie game and mod lists. Digital distribution. /thread.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

Well I honestly think that Microsoft stopped many 360 games from going 360/PC so they can strengthen their 360 library of exclusives, nothing wrong with that. But I also think it's wrong to force some developers from releasing it on PC, like Alan Wake was originally planned for PC and was then cancelled.

I honestly think Piracy doesn't effect sales enough to the point where they lose money, but that's just me. However, a lot of potential profit is lost (that's why Crysis 2 is coming to PC, 360 and PS3, however it'll ofcourse be superior on the PC). Until they make consoles as powerful as some gaming PCs, we won't be see an end to PC gaming (also let's not forget it's much cheaper to develop for PC compared to 360 and PS3).

[QUOTE="linkthewindow"][QUOTE="aia89"]yeah..wait, just like I'd have needed to wait to play AC2 if I hadn't bought the 360 version. and the reason is piracy??PhilipV94

I'm still waiting for a game like Victoria 2 on consoles. See, it goes both ways ;) Also, oh god, not again, in response to this thread.

Yeah well if they released Gears of War 1 for PC, they should release Gears of War 2.

that's what I'm saying! at least be coherent, dear Microsoft!!
vashxsk8erx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 vashxsk8erx12
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

[QUOTE="longtonguecat"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"] +1Arctic_Grillz

+2

+3

+4

Im sorry, but SC2 alone out beats any game releasing this year.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 aia89

[QUOTE="aia89"]

Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake (?)

those are the big exclusives coming out for the xbox 360.

AnnoyedDragon

Let's get this straight, you're using Microsoft funded games not coming to PC as evidence PC is in trouble? You're using games whose development was funded by the owner of the Xbox 360?

Hey while you're at it let's use PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain and MAG not coming to 360 to argue its irrelevance. Let's ignore the fact these are Sony funded titles, Sony doesn't want to sell their own games on 360; so 360 is in trouble right?

I'm just saying Microsoft castrated whole series that came out for pc. Fable, x, x. Gear of War, x. Halo, Halo 2, x, x. Alan Wake Pc yes Pc no.

not to mention late releases of the games we get for Pc because of piracy?? Piracy is on consoles, too, so it's not a good excuse.

So, instead of double-crossing the gamers, couldn't Microsoft just be clear and say that they want to keep exclusive games to the xbox 360 and leave the hell out of pc gaming?

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

this generation alone it has more high scoring exclusives than the 3 consoles combined.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

I'm just saying Microsoft castrated whole series that came out for pc. Fable, x, x. Gear of War, x. Halo, Halo 2, x, x. Alan Wake Pc yes Pc no.

not to mention late releases of the games we get for Pc because of piracy?? Piracy is on consoles, too, so it's not a good excuse.

So, instead of double-crossing the gamers, couldn't Microsoft just be clear and say that they want to keep exclusive games to the xbox 360 and leave the hell out of pc gaming?

aia89

Microsoft's primary interests are in the Xbox 360 because they can charge developers for releasing games on the platform; were as with PC they cannot.

You are attempting to use Microsoft's treatment of PC gaming as saying something about PC gaming as a whole, despite Microsoft making it clear Xbox is their primary interest.

Their half hearted efforts in PC gaming is nothing more but PR for their Windows users, if you don't like it you can simply ignore it.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#58 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49584 Posts
It's standing head and shoulders above all three consoles, that's what it's doing.
Avatar image for Metroid_Other_M
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Metroid_Other_M
Member since 2009 • 438 Posts

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"]

come on! they're even making crysis 2 for consoles. tell me one good reason why I should prefer a Pc, when I get all the multiplats + exclusives with a console??

rockzo

Photobucket

actually you should facepalm yourself and as you're at it, just accept the fact that consoles are the primary devs interest, while Pc is just playing a subordinate role. ppl just want to play games, and consoles serve this purpose VERY well.

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AnnoyedDragon

actually you should facepalm yourself and as you're at it, just accept the fact that consoles are the primary devs interest, while Pc is just playing a subordinate role. ppl just want to play games, and consoles serve this purpose VERY well.

Metroid_Other_M

I'm afraid the facts do not support you. If consoles were developers primary interest there would be more exclusive games on consoles than on PC, however the reverse is true. There is a far greater exclusive to cross platform ratio on PC than on consoles, consoles have far more cross platform games than exclusives.

So statistically speaking, developers are targeting PC and consoles are being used as a milking platform.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
Let me see Kings bountry armored princess came recently and is an RPG Stalker Call of pripyat is coming in few days and is an FPS Trackmania 2 is coming this year and is an arcade driving game and most likely it will have and a free version Guild Wars 2 is coming this year and is an RPG Amnesia the Dark Descent is the next adventure game coming this year by the creators of penumbra quite possibly the scariest game Natural selection a multiplayer fps successor to one of the best MP mods of half life been released as commercial game Silent hunter V a sub sim Plus the usual exclusives 3-4 big RTS ( starcraft 2, Napoleon Total War, Elemental War of magic and Supreme commander 2), Management/building ( settlers 7, Anno 1404 venice , football manager ) and MMORPG ( startrek,APB and starwars online) Let alone the usual better multiplat version
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Metroid_Other_M

AnnoyedDragon

I'm afraid the facts do not support you. If consoles were developers primary interest there would be more exclusive games on consoles than on PC, however the reverse is true. There is a far greater exclusive to cross platform ratio on PC than on consoles, consoles are far more cross platform games than exclusives.

So statistically speaking, developers are targeting PC and consoles are being used as a milking platform.

yeah "statistically speaking" you're right, because you want include those genres that are not on consoles. The truth is consoles get nice exclusives aaaaaaand multiplats as well, and they build these games with consoles in mind, not Pc. so they're optimized for consoles and then ported over the pc. "multiplats have lots of issues on consoles. 30 fps is bad, tearing is bad, frame drops are horrible" that's what we always hear from pc gamers, who claim their Pc to run games at 60 fps FTW with 680 x aa and such. yes, you can do it, all you need to do is upgrade your pc every 2-3 years and then you brag about being able to max all the games out. then the next gen comes out, the new consoles set new standards and your gaming Pc is already old. how about it?
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AnnoyedDragon

yeah "statistically speaking" you're right, because you want include those genres that are not on consoles.Metroid_Other_M

I'm afraid your attempt to invalidate this statistical "fact" isn't working because you have failed to elaborate.

The truth is consoles get nice exclusives aaaaaaand multiplats as well, and they build these games with consoles in mind, not Pc. so they're optimized for consoles and then ported over the pc. "multiplats have lots of issues on consoles. 30 fps is bad, tearing is bad, frame drops are horrible" that's what we always hear from pc gamers, who claim their Pc to run games at 60 fps FTW with 680 x aa and such. yes, you can do it, all you need to do is upgrade your pc every 2-3 years and then you brag about being able to max all the games out. then the next gen comes out, the new consoles set new standards and your gaming Pc is already old. how about it?Metroid_Other_M

I get the impression you took offense, hence this little rant of yours that doesn't actually address anything. I'm surprised to see a console gamer take pride in the fact that they are the lowest common denominator, because that's what you are gloating about with your "they build these games with consoles in mind, not Pc" comment. You do know what being the lowest common denominator means right? Not a label to hold with pride.

Also for the record consoles don't get many exclusives, they buy them. PC exclusives are more meaningful because the developers chose of their own free will to develop their game for PC. Consoles however, they don't seem able to convince developers to remain exclusive. Hence why the majority of games you will likely bring up will either be developed or paid for by the 1st party, there is very little 3rd party development on consoles anymore.

So between being the lowest common denominator, being a cross platform dumping ground and being unable to convince many developers to remain exclusive without outright paying them; console aren't really in a position to criticise PC.

italygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 italygamer
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

I'm a pc-only gamer and I can tell you that yes, you can notice the difference in terms of graphics and often - not always - performance. but nothing so huge as someone likes to point out. And 30 fps is fine for most games. Actually I don't know how someone could be bothered by that framerate factor. the most important thing is that your games run smoothly and has not much tearing, framedrops and stuff.

if you want to play games, well consoles will do that for you. they made it to serve that purpose. I don't see why consolites should feel bad about playing on a console?

Unless you want to stare at games, all that counts is play the damn thing, unless you are like those people who are obsessed with high details and stuff. CRAP, what really counts are the games. I got a ps2 only 2 years ago, everyone was saying it was great and stuff, but I had my nice Pc which played games in HD, while consolites mostly played games on a SDTV. So yeah, I was prejudiced, until I played some ps2 games and tbh at first the lower definition kind of disturbed me, but when you play the game, you can't care less about about textures and what not.

I also skipped this console gen for now, but I had the opportunity to play some games over a friend of mine. Metal Gear Solid 4?, Uncharted?, Forza 3? Halo 3? Super Mario Galaxy? Assassin's Creed 2? Those are all great games. if I had money and time, maybe I'd enjoy all three consoles + Pc, without **** about sub-par resolutions and stuff.

the Hardware is important but not essential at all, especially when you're all happy about your new ninja Pc, but got almost nothing that can show its real potential.

Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Metroid_Other_M

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"] yeah "statistically speaking" you're right, because you want include those genres that are not on consoles.AnnoyedDragon

I'm afraid your attempt to invalidate this statistical "fact" isn't working because you have failed to elaborate.

The truth is consoles get nice exclusives aaaaaaand multiplats as well, and they build these games with consoles in mind, not Pc. so they're optimized for consoles and then ported over the pc. "multiplats have lots of issues on consoles. 30 fps is bad, tearing is bad, frame drops are horrible" that's what we always hear from pc gamers, who claim their Pc to run games at 60 fps FTW with 680 x aa and such. yes, you can do it, all you need to do is upgrade your pc every 2-3 years and then you brag about being able to max all the games out. then the next gen comes out, the new consoles set new standards and your gaming Pc is already old. how about it?Metroid_Other_M

I get the impression you took offense, hence this little rant of yours that doesn't actually address anything. I'm surprised to see a console gamer take pride in the fact that they are the lowest common denominator, because that's what you are gloating about with your "they build these games with consoles in mind, not Pc" comment. You do know what being the lowest common denominator means right? Not a label to hold with pride.

Also for the record consoles don't get many exclusives, they buy them. PC exclusives are more meaningful because the developers chose of their own free will to develop their game for PC. Consoles however, they don't seem able to convince developers to remain exclusive. Hence why the majority of games you will likely bring up will either be developed or paid for by the 1st party, there is very little 3rd party development on consoles anymore.

So between being the lowest common denominator, being a cross platform dumping ground and being unable to convince many developers to remain exclusive without outright paying them; console aren't really in a position to criticise PC.

I'm not criticizing Pc, I'm rather criticizing those who see consoles like garbage. And I didn't take offense, I'm just trying to say that maybe some people just want to play games without caring about technical aspects and such. Now, I like soccer games along with other genres, but for some strange reasons the Pc version of Fifa 2010 is different ( or rather,it's crap ) from the one on consoles. Assassin's Creed 2 comes out ( another game I like ) and again for some strange reasons there's no Pc version as of yet. Street Fighter IV? another good example. And GTA IV, same thing. release later on pc and just how many patches did Rockstar release before the game could actually run properly on Pc? Lowest denominator or not, people usually want to play games, not graphics. There sure are more exclusives for Pc as well as for the Wii, but do people really care about it? the average Jimmy like me just want to play X game, whether it's on Pc, console or arcade.

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

Bioshock 2 will be the first game I buy for my PC since last November.

The PC has had a relatively poor 12 months in comparison with the consoles imo.

Avatar image for Mitjastiskovski
Mitjastiskovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Mitjastiskovski
Member since 2004 • 327 Posts

The FAIL is strong in this tread. PC Gaming is above all three consoles. In terms of games and hardware it's miles ahead of the consoles. What console fanboys forget is that consoles are exacly the same as a PC. Everything that is used in todays console comes from PC, every new gen consoles just copy the latest PC hardware and then sticks it's own name on.

CPU's, GPU's, Hard-drives, Online gaming, HD Resolution gaming all came from the PC gaming. Just like DigitalDistribution will come to console next-gen. The fact is consoles are 5 steps behind all the time and each new gen, they catch up only to fall behind again. It's a never ending cycle. Console will always stay behind in development.

Console is a PC. Try and get that though your t*ick fanboy skull

MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts
PC is standing on top of everything :) It is the system i play the most, but the ps3 is close in terms of usage.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Let's see .. PC has the most variety , most high quality exclusives, best hardware and other stuff like mods etc, so where it will ? Was this supposed to be a trick question ?
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Metroid_Other_M

The FAIL is strong in this tread. PC Gaming is standing above all three consoles. In terms of games and hardware it's miles ahead of the consoles. What console fanboys forget is that consoles are exacly the same as a PC. Everything that is used in todays console comes from PC, every new gen consoles just copy the latest PC hardware and then sticks it's own name on.

CPU's, GPU's, Hard-drives, Online gaming, HD Resolution gaming all came from the PC gaming. Just like DigitalDistribution will come to console next-gen. The fact is consoles are 5 steps behind all the time and each new gen, they catch up only to fall behind again. It's a never ending cycle. Console will always stay behind in development.

Mitjastiskovski
what about the games? at the end of the day that's what matters. Pc is all about potential power which is barely EVER exploited.
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Metroid_Other_M

I'm a pc-only gamer and I can tell you that yes, you can notice the difference in terms of graphics and often - not always - performance. but nothing so huge as someone likes to point out. And 30 fps is fine for most games. Actually I don't know how someone could be bothered by that framerate factor. the most important thing is that your games run smoothly and has not much tearing, framedrops and stuff.

if you want to play games, well consoles will do that for you. they made it to serve that purpose. I don't see why consolites should feel bad about playing on a console?

Unless you want to stare at games, all that counts is play the damn thing, unless you are like those people who are obsessed with high details and stuff. CRAP, what really counts are the games. I got a ps2 only 2 years ago, everyone was saying it was great and stuff, but I had my nice Pc which played games in HD, while consolites mostly played games on a SDTV. So yeah, I was prejudiced, until I played some ps2 games and tbh at first the lower definition kind of disturbed me, but when you play the game, you can't care less about about textures and what not.

I also skipped this console gen for now, but I had the opportunity to play some games over a friend of mine.Metal Gear Solid 4?, Uncharted?, Forza 3? Halo 3? Super Mario Galaxy? Assassin's Creed 2? Those are all great games. if I had money and time, maybe I'd enjoy all three consoles + Pc, without **** about sub-par resolutions and stuff.

the Hardware is important but not essential at all, especially when you're all happy about your new ninja Pc, but got almost nothing that can show its real potential.

italygamer

that's all I was trying to say!

now I'm just sorry you'll have to argue with your fellow pc-ers.

Mitjastiskovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Mitjastiskovski

[QUOTE="Mitjastiskovski"]

The FAIL is strong in this tread. PC Gaming is standing above all three consoles. In terms of games and hardware it's miles ahead of the consoles. What console fanboys forget is that consoles are exacly the same as a PC. Everything that is used in todays console comes from PC, every new gen consoles just copy the latest PC hardware and then sticks it's own name on.

Metroid_Other_M

what about the games? at the end of the day that's what matters. Pc is all about potential power which is barely EVER exploited.

PC has the most games available out of all platforms, better quality games, bigger diversity of games, not just FPS like the consoles do.

And if you have a good PC, you can exploit that power by runing a game with higher quality textures, better rez and better framerate than the consoles? How is that not using the power of a PC?

Not to mention PC gaming has the best looking game on all platforms and it's 2 years old already....

Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Metroid_Other_M

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"][QUOTE="Mitjastiskovski"]

Mitjastiskovski

PC has the most games available out of all platforms, better quality games, bigger diversity of games, not just FPS like the consoles do.

And if you have a good PC, you can exploit that power by runing a game with higher quality textures, better rez and better framerate than the consoles? How is that not using the power of a PC?

Not to mention PC gaming has the best looking game on all platforms and it's 2 years old already....

which 90% of you guys are still eating your brain on how to max it out and get 60 fps? that game? oh yeah.. btw, consoles have only fps games? Super Mario says hi! and also Ratchet and LBP for that matter!
Mitjastiskovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mitjastiskovski

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"] what about the games? at the end of the day that's what matters. Pc is all about potential power which is barely EVER exploited.Metroid_Other_M

which 90% of you guys are still eating your brain on how to max it out and get 60 fps? that game? oh yeah.. btw, consoles have only fps games? Super Mario says hi! and also Ratchet and LBP for that matter!

Just No. When have you seen PC gamers making threads in System wars on how to max out a game? Never yeah. :lol:

How many times you seen Console Graphics King threads? 10 every day at least. Now it's us PC gamers that eating our brains out about graphics. :lol:

I find it funny you are now trying to compare the diversity of games on consoles vs PC. :lol: Don't go there otherwise you are going to get severly owned.

You can't call Mario and Ratchet diversity games when there about about 500 mario games been made and about 50 ratchet games made. Talk about being milked :lol:

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AnnoyedDragon

I'm not criticizing Pc, I'm rather criticizing those who see consoles like garbage.

Metroid_Other_M

No one said consoles are garbage, in fact the person you responded to didn't say anything at all. All they did was use a face palm image towards you, you who was making an uninformed anti PC comment.

So don't lie to me about doing this just out of defense, you initiated this argument unprovoked, the remainder of your response is just more anti PC nonsense. You are not the first person to use the delayed port argument and I doubt you will the the last. The thing about the delayed port argument is it blatantly uses double standards; which goes like this.

When a console game comes out on PC later, even if it has PC exclusive enhancements as a result of the delay, consolites declare PC an after thought. When a PC game comes out on consoles later, even if it is downgraded, consolites declare PC gaming dying and its developers fleeing to consoles. Of course even if it isn't downgraded and received a few upgrades, like what happens with most console to PC ports, they announce they have the superior version.

Notice how that works? How the argument adjusts itself so that PC is always in the wrong and consoles are always in the right? Don't insult me by using it. You are focusing on only the games 'you think' aids your argument and ignoring everything else.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
Last I check, PC gaming was standing in a 4 by 3 foot shelf between the three walls of console games at my local EB.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

The FAIL is strong in this tread. PC Gaming is above all three consoles. In terms of games and hardware it's miles ahead of the consoles. What console fanboys forget is that consoles are exacly the same as a PC. Everything that is used in todays console comes from PC, every new gen consoles just copy the latest PC hardware and then sticks it's own name on.

Mitjastiskovski
The cult of hardware worship strikes again. The components of a console may be PC-derived, but the built-for-gaming frameworks and UI designed for use from 10' away make consoles something entirely different from a Windows PC. You can try to retrofit these things onto Windows, but reducing Windows to a level suitable for use on a console would mean giving up a lot of the flexibility that PC users value. Control or simplicity - you can't have both. Consoles are truly gaming appliances, regardless of the hardware in them.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

THose are PC games that will be released in march and late february on PC. :

I somehow think PCgaming's standing seems pretty damn good

Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Metroid_Other_M

THose are PC games that will be released in march and late february on PC. :

I somehow think PCgaming's standing seems pretty damn good

AdrianWerner

I see multiplats and strategy games right? yes, right.

so you listed some good reasons to prever pc over consoles. ooooooooooookay

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 aia89

Pc gaming could be much better, but as I said earlier someone wants you to play games on the consoles.

After 3 years we're still talking about Crysis. why? because devs care about Pc, obviously! :roll:

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

Metroid_Other_M
care to actually give a valid counter-argument for once?
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AdrianWerner

Metroid_Other_M

Actualy there are also simulators and MMOs there.

But so what? Bassicaly all consoles have nowadays are multiplats and action games

standarddamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#83 standarddamage
Member since 2006 • 1143 Posts

Metroid_Other_M

Seeing as PC Gamers will be able to do things with those games that console gamers can't, I would say yes.

MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts

Pc gaming could be much better, but as I said earlier someone wants you to play games on the consoles.

After 3 years we're still talking about Crysis. why? because devs care about Pc, obviously! :roll:

aia89
only in graphics do i see that. If we were to talk about space sims, strategy games and fps PC would crush the competition.
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Metroid_Other_M

_Pedro_

God of War 3 Heavy Rain GT5 Halo Reach Alan Wake Fable 3 Crackdown 2 Metroid Other M Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Zelda Red Dead Redemption Bayonetta Darksiders
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="rockzo"]

hell because of Digital Distribution of pc games is causing EB/gamestop to go under.

osan0

Get real - they're not going under. Gamestop is still profitable.

they are for now..but where the PC goes..the consoles tend to follow. this is a very real problem that gamestop and co are going to have to face. DD is going to become a bigger facet in all forms of gaming. sony have already let loose a few salvos this gen and have alot more rounds ready for next gen. bottom line..console manufacturers want DD to take over. why? cheaper to maintain and run, no second hand market and they can exert more control over what both you and publishers can and can not do on the platform. it wont happen next gen...but DD becoming more dominant in general is coming. funny thing is in the end...the PC may be the only place where companies like gamestop can survive in the long run since its the only open platform that allows free competition.

Nice post.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"][QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"]

Metroid_Other_M

God of War 3 Heavy Rain GT5 Halo Reach Alan Wake Fable 3 Crackdown 2 Metroid Other M Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Zelda Red Dead Redemption Bayonetta Darksiders

I see action games, one vapor ware racer and one adventure game where all adventure gameplay has been removed and replaced by action elements.

Wow....such an amazing line-up :D

See? I can do that too :D

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 _Pedro_

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"][QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"]

Metroid_Other_M

God of War 3 - Heavy Rain GT5 Halo Reach Alan Wake Fable 3 Crackdown 2 Metroid Other M Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Zelda Red Dead Redemption Bayonetta Darksiders

So apart from the latter 3 you basically proved AnnoyedDragon's point. (not to mention having to actually own all 3 systems to match the pc doesn't seem a very strong argument to me)

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#89 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"][QUOTE="_Pedro_"] care to actually give a valid counter-argument for once? _Pedro_

God of War 3 - Heavy Rain GT5 Halo Reach Alan Wake Fable 3 Crackdown 2 Metroid Other M Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Zelda Red Dead Redemption Bayonetta Darksiders

So apart from the latter 3 you basically proved AnnoyedDragon's point. (not to mention having to actually own all 3 systems to match the pc doesn't seem a very strong argument to me)

And also not mentioning how all the games adrian posted are arriving on the PC in the next 2 months, thus excluding the fall lineup.

Judging by his logic, the PC is still better than all 3 consoles combined :lol:

Mitjastiskovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Mitjastiskovski

lowe0

The cult of hardware worship strikes again. The components of a console may be PC-derived, but the built-for-gaming frameworks and UI designed for use from 10' away make consoles something entirely different from a Windows PC. You can try to retrofit these things onto Windows, but reducing Windows to a level suitable for use on a console would mean giving up a lot of the flexibility that PC users value. Control or simplicity - you can't have both. Consoles are truly gaming appliances, regardless of the hardware in them.

Yeah consoles use PC-derived hardware but the frameworks and UI is designed to make a console a closed off platform. And for the record consoles are not a simple gaming appliances, in fact every new gen they seem to go more towards the PC route, so that you can do multiple things on them. Today consoles, you can watch movies, browse websites, listen to music, stream movies and videos etc. By the looks of things, console are not just simple gaming machines that only play games far from it. They smell to me more like cheap PC that is locked down by big corp like Micro$oft and $ony so that they can charge you extra for nothing.

A Console is basically a PC with a controller and less freedom to do what you want with a product you paid your hard earned cash for. A milkage machine basically

Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Metroid_Other_M

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"]

[QUOTE="Metroid_Other_M"] God of War 3 - Heavy Rain GT5 Halo Reach Alan Wake Fable 3 Crackdown 2 Metroid Other M Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Zelda Red Dead Redemption Bayonetta Darksidersshakmaster13

And also not mentioning how all the games adrian posted are arriving on the PC in the next 2 months, thus excluding the fall lineup.

Judging by his logic, the PC is still better than all 3 consoles combined :lol:

nope, cause half of his list are multiplat games. get over it.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

PC gaming would be a lot better if the 360 didnt exist.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 aia89

PC gaming would be a lot better if the 360 didnt exist.

InfinityMugen
this.
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

Well, I'm a PC gamer and I must say that PC gaming currently pretty much sucks.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#95 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Steam. It's like free LIVE. And the frequent sales make impulse buying fun.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 aia89

IgGy621985
you're an honest pc gamer
malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

aia89
you're an honest pc gamer

and this person isnt ? "down"

this generation alone it has more high scoring exclusives than the 3 consoles combined.

CaseyWegner
and AdrianWerner "gaming list"
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

you're an honest pc gameraia89

Well, I'm a console gamer and I must say that console gaming pretty much sucks.

Of course, I'm an honest console gamer.

*triple facepalm*

Did you really need to post that :| ? It makes your whole thread look even more of a troll attempt.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 aia89

[QUOTE="aia89"] you're an honest pc gamerMograine

Well, I'm a console gamer and I must say that console gaming pretty much sucks.

Of course, I'm an honest console gamer.

*triple facepalm*

Did you really need to post that :| ? It makes your whole thread look even more of a troll attempt.

sure you can say that. but reality says otherwise. you know what the real problem is? IMO, consoles are trying so hard to be like Pc. Remember the glorious times when you played fps's on Pc, developed on Pc? now they managed to transfer this genre to consoles, aiming at your enemies with stupid controllers. Do you really think I'm against Pc? On the contrary, I'm not happy about this consolization at all. oh and what's next step? next gen console will also get sims and rts's? Those who always played on Pc may understand why I'm complaining. Those who say Pc is all good and great forget that developers are just filling us with portings. Oh right, there are still some untouched genres.. in time they'll come to consoles, too.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 _Pedro_

nope, cause half of his list are multiplat games. get over it.Metroid_Other_M

Get over what? This:

God of War 3 PS3 exclusive

Heavy Rain PS3 exclusive