Where's Pc Gaming Standing?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake (?)

those are the big exclusives coming out for the xbox 360.

so those games and a few of ps360 games would be the reason why someone would choose the 360 over Pc this year?

Microsoft and and the whole gaming market are trying everything to discourage people from playing on Pc. This is frustrating somehow.

So what they do or did was release a game on the 360 and after 1-3 years it came to the pc, too - if it comes at all. that happened with: Fable, Halo, Halo 2, Gears of War...but, apart from GeoW, the other games were all released when the xbox went out of the market and the new 360 was released.

Now with the 360 having in mind to last another few years, that'd suggest that games like Halo 3, Halo 3 Odst, Halo Reach, Fable 2, Fable 3 MAY come to the pc like when? in 5 years? maybe Geow 2 could be an exception, seeing as the first one was released just one year after 360 version. Not to mention the mystery surrounding Alan Wake. "put on a hold" okay we understand it, the 360 has the priority, piracy doesn't help..profit and what not.

So where's computer gaming standing? All the great potential it has, yet it feels like devs use it as a recycler, something to release games later on in order to gain some more profit.

Pc, once the source of FPS games, now we watch more fps's coming out on consoles and no, there's no mouse + keyboard support there.

What's left? rts, managerials, sims, some adventure games,mmorpg's.. those are pretty much the only nowaday Pc exclusives. now it'd be funny if devs even transferred those genres to the consoles like next gen.

Oh I dunno about America but whatever happened to the pc-games department in the stores? looks like they're shrinking day after day, like Benjamin Button shrinking.

is it because less and less ppl care about pc gaming or because someone wants it to be this way? like "out of sight, out of mind"

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
STARCRAFT 2
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
on top.
Avatar image for XThisIsTheEndxX
XThisIsTheEndxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XThisIsTheEndxX
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
In the toilet where it belongs
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Just wait.
punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
8th place.
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts

Oh I dunno about America but whatever happened to the pc-games department in the stores? looks like they're shrinking day after day, like Benjamin Button shrinking.

aia89

digital distribution, you should look into that

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
pc games in retail stores are shrinking because digital distribution is the dominant market on pc now.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aia89
Just wait.SaltyMeatballs
yeah..wait, just like I'd have needed to wait to play AC2 if I hadn't bought the 360 version. and the reason is piracy??
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
the hermits are going to destroy this thread.....
Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Right next to me.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Just wait.aia89
yeah..wait, just like I'd have needed to wait to play AC2 if I hadn't bought the 360 version. and the reason is piracy??

Probably. They'd like people to BUY the console version before they go and pirate it on PC.
aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 aia89

I have the feeling that "they" are like telling us "play your games on the console and use your pc for other stuff", so they are trying so hard to accomplish their goal, and I'm sorry to hear all those people say "pc sucks because it doesn't get enough games" and then they buy the consoles. while I think the more they keep trying to bury Pc gaming the more pc gamers should stick to it and not abandoning it for consoles because "someone" is telling them "oh see we give you all the games you want, unless you buy our console!"

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

http://adrianwerner.wordpress.com/games-of-2010/

It's standing tall. I for one am happy that they're not making as many first person shooters. As much as I love them, there's been way too many in the last years.

Avatar image for Metroid_Other_M
Metroid_Other_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Metroid_Other_M
Member since 2009 • 438 Posts

come on! they're even making crysis 2 for consoles. tell me one good reason why I should prefer a Pc, when I get all the multiplats + exclusives with a console??

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

come on! they're even making crysis 2 for consoles. tell me one good reason why I should prefer a Pc, when I get all the multiplats + exclusives with a console??

Metroid_Other_M

- Better version of Multiplats (I mean seriously if you think Crysis 2 will be as good on consoles than on PC lol)

- Customizability.

- Different kind of games.

It's definitely not for everyone though.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts
Right up there.
linkthewindow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 linkthewindow
Member since 2005 • 5654 Posts
yeah..wait, just like I'd have needed to wait to play AC2 if I hadn't bought the 360 version. and the reason is piracy??aia89
I'm still waiting for a game like Victoria 2 on consoles. See, it goes both ways ;) Also, oh god, not again, in response to this thread.
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Well I honestly think that Microsoft stopped many 360 games from going 360/PC so they can strengthen their 360 library of exclusives, nothing wrong with that. But I also think it's wrong to force some developers from releasing it on PC, like Alan Wake was originally planned for PC and was then cancelled.

I honestly think Piracy doesn't effect sales enough to the point where they lose money, but that's just me. However, a lot of potential profit is lost (that's why Crysis 2 is coming to PC, 360 and PS3, however it'll ofcourse be superior on the PC). Until they make consoles as powerful as some gaming PCs, we won't be see an end to PC gaming (also let's not forget it's much cheaper to develop for PC compared to 360 and PS3).

[QUOTE="aia89"]yeah..wait, just like I'd have needed to wait to play AC2 if I hadn't bought the 360 version. and the reason is piracy??linkthewindow
I'm still waiting for a game like Victoria 2 on consoles. See, it goes both ways ;) Also, oh god, not again, in response to this thread.

Yeah well if they released Gears of War 1 for PC, they should release Gears of War 2.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
The consoles are your everyday vehicles, and a high end PC is a Formula 1 race car. Sure, the F1 may not be allowed to race on every road, but when the venue is available its capability will smoke the consoles to next week.
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PhilipV94

The consoles are your everyday vehicles, and a high end PC is a Formula 1 race car. Sure, the F1 may not be allowed to race on every road, but when the venue is available its capability will smoke the consoles to next week.GhoX

I don't get what you're saying? I can play my PC just as much as my console, and vice versa.

Edit: I think I get what you mean now. XD.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GhoX
What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.
PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PhilipV94

What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.GhoX

Yeah that's what I figured.

And really, developers shouldn't worry about pirates on high graphical games. If you can spend over $700 for a decent gaming PC, I'm pretty sure you can afford to buy the game. What's great about the PC is that you can connect a mouse and keyboard, a controller, a fighting stick, a special gaming keyboard, and much more. Stuff you can't do with a PS3/360. Piracy has ALWAYS existed and will continue to exist and trying to find a way to make it impossible is well.. impossible.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.GhoX

There are more PC exclusive games than there are console-exclusive games.

I count 137 exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Well if you're near one, I'd assume...near you?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="GhoX"]What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.tagyhag

I count 137 exclusives.

Project Offset is coming out this year? I've been waiting for that game for years. Impressive list, but I doubt 95% console gamers would know those games.:P

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
It's actually sitting and laughing at how pathetic console fanboys are.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SilverChimera

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="GhoX"]What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.mitu123

I count 137 exclusives.

Project Offset is coming out this year? I've been waiting for that game for years. Impressive list, but I doubt 95% console gamers would know those games.:P

+1 for new sig (also, we need to play SF4 some time :P )

and it's a good thing that popularity =/= quality :P :lol:

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Arach666
STARCRAFT 2malikmmm
+1
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SilverChimera
Well if you're near one, I'd assume...near you?siLVURcross
But it's dying and grasping for its last few breaths since... when was it again? 2005? :P
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

I count 137 exclusives.

SilverChimera

+1 for new sig (also, we need to play SF4 some time :P )

and it's a good thing that popularity =/= quality :P :lol:

Didn't you say you weren't good at the game?:P I don't mind actually. This is a test sig BTW, and yeah, that's true, despite how it is.:lol:

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GhoX
Piracy exists on consoles as well. Although some say that those consoles get their IDs banned, they are forgetting that the cost of replacing a new console(360 at least) is far lower than what they would spend buying a few new games.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SilverChimera

Didn't you say you weren't good at the game?:P I don't mind actually. This is a test sig BTW, and yeah, that's true, despite how it is.:lol:mitu123
Nope, I suck epically at the game, but I can still play decently. The only impressive thing I can do is focus attack dash cancel (FADC) into a super and I've only pulled it off a dozen or so times. How good are you at it?

Also, I made a few sigs but never got around to uploading them. My latest one was Fire Emblem. It looks bad/decent LOL.

And on topic, there needs to be a sticky about PC gaming not dying.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Didn't you say you weren't good at the game?:P I don't mind actually. This is a test sig BTW, and yeah, that's true, despite how it is.:lol:SilverChimera

Nope, I suck epically at the game, but I can still play decently. The only impressive thing I can do is focus attack dash cancel (FADC) into a super and I've only pulled it off a dozen or so times. How good are you at it?

Also, I made a few sigs but never got around to uploading them. My latest one was Fire Emblem. It looks bad/decent LOL.

Meh, I'm not that great, but do love using Chun Li though.:P Hope you improve your sig as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

SilverChimera
Practice makes perfect!
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SilverChimera
[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]

siLVURcross
Practice makes perfect!

Yea. I have the basics down. It's just backgrounds that I need to work on.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arach666

On its last breath.

ThatGuyFromB4

Yeah,I´ve been hearing that for the last 20 years...

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

Heres a thread i made few weeks ago of some PC exclusives to look forward to this year...http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27147785

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

[QUOTE="malikmmm"]STARCRAFT 2Arach666
+1

+2

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="malikmmm"]STARCRAFT 2longtonguecat

+1

+2

+3
rockzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rockzo
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

pc games in retail stores are shrinking because digital distribution is the dominant market on pc now.ferret-gamer

^this

hell because of Digital Distribution of pc games is causing EB/gamestop to go under.

rockzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rockzo
Member since 2009 • 520 Posts

Metroid_Other_M

Photobucket

Avatar image for alittletoohappy
alittletoohappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 alittletoohappy
Member since 2006 • 1254 Posts

[QUOTE="GhoX"]What I'm saying is that although the consoles have more console-exclusive games, those games would be much superior if ported well onto PC.PhilipV94

Yeah that's what I figured.

And really, developers shouldn't worry about pirates on high graphical games. If you can spend over $700 for a decent gaming PC, I'm pretty sure you can afford to buy the game. What's great about the PC is that you can connect a mouse and keyboard, a controller, a fighting stick, a special gaming keyboard, and much more. Stuff you can't do with a PS3/360. Piracy has ALWAYS existed and will continue to exist and trying to find a way to make it impossible is well.. impossible.

I'm not sure you really understand what demographic of people game pirates are. Basically depend on your typical game pirate creating their own computer. The concepts are intimate lovers really. Also, at least expect a pirate to take a large amount of pride in the specs that they have on their computer. It's the people that brag about how awesome of a computer they had and at what a steal that they got it that I would peg as possible pirates. Not like I assume that anyone who does this is, but they're definitely more likely to do so than your average Dell user. That said, as far as the SC2 comments go, I'd extend that concept to literally every RTS. The PC owns the genre entirely. Also the MMO. The PC wins out because no matter what gen of console you are on, the top consumer computers are beating the consoles spec-wise for multiple gens. Of course it also holds these niches (and WoW is a big niche) because of the mouse and keyboard which is superior for some games. The point is, if designers wanted to, they could blow videogames out of the water if they designed solely for high end PCs. Of course, that isn't economically feasible because you lose out on the demographic of low end PCs, and as long as they are on that end, consoles where applicable.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

PC gaming is in 1st place.

It has more more AA+ exclusives than all 3 consoles combined :)

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17844 Posts
its doing ace despite MSs attempts to put an end to it. crackin exclusives (napoleon coming soon.,..really looking forward to that), superior multiplats and its just a more diverse and more powerful platform. as usual it also continues to lead the way in new ideas and innovation. the only problem is that there is no company spending millions to get the market hyped up about all this..nor are there companies spending millions to seal exclsuives on the PC. multiplat development has also taken its tole on 2, arguably 3, platforms: the PC, the PS3 and arguably the wii.
AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts

Halo Reach, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Alan Wake (?)

those are the big exclusives coming out for the xbox 360.

aia89

Let's get this straight, you're using Microsoft funded games not coming to PC as evidence PC is in trouble? You're using games whose development was funded by the owner of the Xbox 360?

Hey while you're at it let's use PS3 exclusives like Heavy Rain and MAG not coming to 360 to argue its irrelevance. Let's ignore the fact these are Sony funded titles, Sony doesn't want to sell their own games on 360; so 360 is in trouble right?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
[QUOTE="rockzo"]

hell because of Digital Distribution of pc games is causing EB/gamestop to go under.

Get real - they're not going under. Gamestop is still profitable.