What would MS have to do to reclaim North America.

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spee5est

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spee5est
Member since 2015 • 12 Posts

`Inevitably, the public appears to be becoming more intelligent and aware of the dynamics within the gaming industry, and the paradigms that took place last gen are slowly losing whatever leg they had to stand on. People are going to stop buying new Cod, Assassin's creed, and other dried-up-udder games they release yearly (not just multiplats). The question is, as the bro gamer core audience fades away, what else does Microsoft have to hang on to?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Release an XB1 Slim bundle at $250 and market it to death for the holidays. I think they will eventually catch the PS4 in the U.S. They just need more quality exclusives and a competitive price that will draw more gamers in. They aren't going anywhere though. The Wii U is the one you need to worry about.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

They just have to keep doing what they currently are, people are/will eventually wake up to the reality that Sony is actually beginning to lag behind in the development of their console. Both sides have good games so that's a non-factor, what it's really coming down to is the console itself, the value and what it has to offer.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Do some miracles with DX12 for the PC. The Windows OS is MS too.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@blackace said:

Release an XB1 Slim bundle at $250 and market it to death for the holidays. I think they will eventually catch the PS4 in the U.S. They just need more quality exclusives and a competitive price that will draw more gamers in. They aren't going anywhere though. The Wii U is the one you need to worry about.

Stop trying to hide behind "bu but da Wii U!" we all know Wii U is dead in the US and UK. Face it, the XB1 can do nothing to "reclaim NA". Exclusives aren't going to put it back on top here, and neither will bundles. PS4 won the region, so just accept it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NyaDC

@Bigboi500 said:
@blackace said:

Stop trying to hide behind "bu but da Wii U!" we all know Wii U is dead in the US and UK. Face it, the XB1 can do nothing to "reclaim NA". Exclusives aren't going to put it back on top here, and neither will bundles. PS4 won the region, so just accept it.

Won the region? It's only like 900,000 units ahead...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bigboi500

@nyadc said:

PS4 has won the hearts and minds of the bro gamer this gen, period. It just offers more than XB1, and everybody knows it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NyaDC
@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:

PS4 has won the hearts and minds of the bro gamer this gen, period. It just offers more than XB1, and everybody knows it.

Oh bullshit, you sound like a marketing agent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#9 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Nothing they can do. It's over.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bigboi500

@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:

If I was some blind cow you might have a point. Problem with your astute assessment is this: I don't have a pony in either race, and I'm simply a console gamer who likes games, so I can see through the bullshit on both sides. Posters like you and Blackace cannot, so you guys put your personal feelings in to your biased comments.

I enjoy both systems, but can clearly see that PS4 has already won the war. It offers the same third party games, only with better resolution, offers better subscription based games every month, and it does something XB1 will never have: Japanese games.

Last gen the relevant mainstream games were associated with the 360, like AC, CoD etc. but now it's the other way around.

noeffectz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 noeffectz
Member since 2015 • 47 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

MS just bought Havok. Clearly, they are just getting started.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NyaDC

@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:

If I was some blind cow you might have a point. Problem with your astute assessment is this: I don't have a pony in either race, and I'm simply a console gamer who likes games, so I can see through the bullshit on both sides. Posters like you and Blackace cannot, so you guys put your personal feelings in to your biased comments.

I enjoy both systems, but can clearly see that PS4 has already won the war. It offers the same third party games, only with better resolution, It offers the same third party games, offers better subscription based games every month, and it does something XB1 will never have: Japanese games.

Last gen the relevant mainstream games were associated with the 360, like AC, CoD etc. but now it's the other way around.

You don't seem to be as objective as you think you are, you might want to stop talking before you put the other foot in the grave.

>"I enjoy both systems, but can clearly see that PS4 has already won the war"

we're talking about North America, not planet Earth

>"It offers the same third party games, only with better resolution"

repeatedly at the cost of performance

>"offers better subscription based games every month"

subjective, also depends on the month

>"it does something XB1 will never have: Japanese games."

Not a loss to the overwhelming vast majority of gamers, most don't give a shit or have any interest in them, especially people in North America

>"Last gen the relevant mainstream games were associated with the 360, like AC, CoD etc. but now it's the other way around."

You mean the franchises where both of the most current games from each series runs better on the Xbox One?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500

@nyadc: Look dude, I personally don't care who has the most sales. When they compete hard, we all win. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Pretty much the way anyone who isn't personally connected to either side would, and does.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Continue to have crackhead level discounts every holiday and maybe year round. Even being $50 cheaper it can't win. That means the consumers believe you have an inferior product. Xbox One can never win at price parity. Lems should accept this.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NyaDC

@Bigboi500 said:

@nyadc: Look dude, I personally don't care who has the most sales. When they compete hard, we all win. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Pretty much the way anyone who isn't personally connected to either side would, and does.

There's your problem

ArmyCombatVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ArmyCombatVet
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts

Halo 5. That is all. : )

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:

There's your problem

The way I see things is much more accurate and coherent than from where you're sitting, pal. Not being all up Microsoft's or Sony's bunghole is proof of that.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NyaDC
@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:

There's your problem

The way I see things is much more accurate and coherent than from where you're sitting, pal. Not being all up Microsoft's or Sony's bunghole is proof of that.

Of course it is, because you actually believe that, your anecdotal rant is over, move along.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

drop price of all new digital titles to $45 and throw in 1 month of XBLG in with each title

also fire everyone currently working on XBL Rewards and start a new program with improving rebate incentives like they use to have

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Are we really having this thread before we see the NPD results for the Destiny expansion?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrongBlackVine

@armycombatvet said:

What about Halo 5? So they might win the month where your biggest exclusive of the entire generation releases....I would hope so if not Xbox is really screwed.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongBlackVine

@Shewgenja said:

Are we really having this thread before we see the NPD results for the Destiny expansion?

We already know PS4 won September with MGSV and the Destiny bundle. Only question is by how much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@noeffectz said:
@hernandezzzz said:

MS just bought Havok. Clearly, they are just getting started.

GG, no re, k thanks. Better luck next gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

I agree with others, Halo 5 can do it. Just use Halo, Black Ops III, Madden 16 and Guitar Hero Live, Americas yours.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

release a system seller. with how big the industry has become im rather surprised that both sony and ms did not have one on hand at launch.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Even though they are on the right track, more is needed to get the brain dead masses to wake up. Sure a slim with price cut could do the trick but I think they need to take it a step farther.

Has anyone ever been to Las Vegas? Have you ever seen those hooker trading cards they hand out on the strip? They should include one in each bundle for a free F while in town. Marketing done.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NyaDC

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Even though they are on the right track, more is needed to get the brain dead masses to wake up. Sure a slim with price cut could do the trick but I think they need to take it a step farther.

Has anyone ever been to Las Vegas? Have you ever seen those hooker trading cards they hand out on the strip? They should include one in each bundle for a free F while in town. Marketing done.

Oh god, the mexican guys slapping the cards, they're literally everywhere, you can't get away from them lol...

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@spee5est: bro audience didn't fade away, Sony welcomed them with open arms. Look at everything they've done since the start of the gen.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Well losing the "Bro gamer" advantage hurt the Xbone in the U.S.

Maybe if Microsoft payed billions to keep COD and Madden off of PS4.

But Xbone has Halo 5 coming up for the pimple faced teenagers and douchebag frat boy college students so that should help boost sales in America and give it a bro gamer boost.

Longclaw360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Longclaw360
Member since 2015 • 115 Posts

Just keep doing what they are currently doing. Xbox One sales are not very far behind PS4 sales in America anymore and Microsoft almost always outsells Sony in America during the holidays which I don't think is going to be any different this holiday season considering Xbox One has two huge exclusives about to come out plus backwards compatiblity while PS4 has nothing for the holidays except a remaster collection. I fully expect Xbox One to pass up PS4 in North America sales by the end of this holiday season.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Top Secret Plan to take back North America:

Step one: buy Mojang

Step two: buy Havoc

Wait........ Had someone already told them this?

ArmyCombatVet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArmyCombatVet
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@armycombatvet said:

What about Halo 5? So they might win the month where your biggest exclusive of the entire generation releases....I would hope so if not Xbox is really screwed.

I'm just messin'. Of course Halo 5 is going to be a huge success for Xbox One but it won't be the only reason MS has a chance to win NA. They have the Fallout 4 marketing deal I believe, Xbox One Fall Dashboard update, new Xbox One Elite bundle, new Xbox One Elite controller, backwards compatibility, and Tomb Raider all coming in the next few months. They're going to be in the media a lot. And MS has the money to do some serious advertising.

What I also think will happen is Halo hype will dominate and word of mouth will spread like the plague. And Halo 5 will have a lengthy run because of a strong campaign (4 player co-op), Warzone, Arena, Req packs (could be very addicting), and free maps and updates. It's definitely going to be the game to play for a long time. Thus making a lot of people run out and buy Xbox Ones.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

They need to slowly buy up all the physics/game engines so that they can make royalties off all of the PS4 game sales

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Rename it Sexbox One and offer a girl with each system.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: Well, yeah, but I was poking holes in the premise that gamers are tired of yearlies. I'm not convinced (and for the record I hate Destiny).

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@blackace said:

It's unlikely the X1 will ever pass PS4 in NA but it ain't impossible. It's impossible in Europe though.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

As a huge Xbox fan it pains me to say this but Phil Spencer already threw in the towel. Xbox needs a new leader and frankly I think I'd do a much better job. To answer your question, if I was the new Xboss, MS would reclaim not just NA but the whole world.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NyaDC

@kratosyoloswag said:

As a huge Xbox fan it pains me to say this but Phil Spencer already threw in the towel. Xbox needs a new leader and frankly I think I'd do a much better job. To answer your question, if I was the new Xboss, MS would reclaim not just NA but the whole world.

You sound like a person who has no idea what he's talking about, what Phil Spencer is doing or how to run a business.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

@nyadc said:

You sound like a person who has no idea what he's talking about, what Phil Spencer is doing or how to run a business.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses for throwing in the towel and losing. As a huge Xbox fan I don't want a loser as my leader, I want someone who wants to win and obliterate the competition.

From throwing in the towel, to making most Xbox "exclusives" into multiplats, I've had enough of Phil Spencer as my leader.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's too late for that. Xbox lost, just accept it lems. Xbox may win October with Halo 5 but they are gonna get crushed in Nov and Dec when the Star Wars Battlefront 3 and Black Ops 3 PS4 bundles are out. Halo is big but it's not Star Wars/COD big. Xbox will never get the NA back from PS4.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@kratosyoloswag said:

you're like supercow.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:

There's your problem

All he does is peddle MS BS. Although I don't agree with you about MS being done in NA yet, he is the last person that will budge away from MS. Hell, this is the same person who said it was good that MS released MCC in the state it was and also said it was entirely possible for X1 to catch PS4 WW THIS YEAR. He's a joke.

B4X has cleaned up his act though, surprisingly.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chutebox
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Top Secret Plan to take back North America:

Step one: buy Mojang

Step two: buy Havoc

Wait........ Had someone already told them this?

Oh MS, you sly devils you.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 oflow

@quadknight said:

It's too late for that. Xbox lost, just accept it lems. Xbox may win October with Halo 5 but they are gonna get crushed in Nov and Dec when the Star Wars Battlefront 3 and Black Ops 3 PS4 bundles are out. Halo is big but it's not Star Wars/COD big. Xbox will never get the NA back from PS4.

yeah Battlefront is already confirmed to be kinda ass and both of those games are also on Xbox. You're grasping at straws trying to compare those games to Halo. Now cows are trying to play the dudebro card. PS4 doesnt have a huge lead in NA, its less than a million and they might get lapped during the holiday season with Halo and RotTR coming for XMas.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NyaDC

@Chutebox said:
@Bigboi500 said:
@nyadc said:
@Bigboi500 said:

There's your problem

All he does is peddle MS BS. Although I don't agree with you about MS being done in NA yet, he is the last person that will budge away from MS. Hell, this is the same person who said it was good that MS released MCC in the state it was and also said it was entirely possible for X1 to catch PS4 WW THIS YEAR. He's a joke.

B4X has cleaned up his act though, surprisingly.

I didn't say TMCC releasing in that state was good, I said it was understandable. As far as the world wide thing I did say that, I figured people would stop soaking up so much idiotic marketing and internet buzz but rather look into things for themselves, obviously relying on people to make smart or informed decisions is unrealistic.

Also I'm not B4X.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#48  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

It's not too late for the X1 to catch-up to the PS4 in North America. If Microsoft does everything right, and Sony screws up, there is a chance X1 could reclaim its home territory. But in the rest of the world, I don't see any chance of the X1 beating the PS4 anywhere else in the world.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox

@oflow said:
@quadknight said:

yeah Battlefront is already confirmed to be kinda ass and both of those games are also on Xbox. You're grasping at straws trying to compare those games to Halo. Now cows are trying to play the dudebro card. PS4 doesnt have a huge lead in NA, its less than a million and they might get lapped during the holiday season with Halo and RotTR coming for XMas.

I can tell you're not a runner because you used the word "lapped" incorrectly.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 oflow

@Chutebox said:
@oflow said:
@quadknight said:

I can tell you're not a runner because you used the word "lapped" incorrectly.

passed then and technically it could be lapped if x1 doubles their sales during the holidays. now cows are fucking grammar nazis too. no wonder everyone hates you guys.

I dont run I ride bikes and race sportbikes. I know what lapped means poindexter.