HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#202 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

I think it could have been Turn 10, but the two year cycle thing kind of ruins that.

There's no real need for a new Forza game every two years. They bring a new one out then milk it with DLC.

There's SO much to do in a Forza Motorsport game, that it could last you three years at least. So many possibilities, different ways of playing, so much depth, I'm still learning how the smallest changes in upgrade can make positive effects. After ridding myself of the Xbox One, I went back to Forza Motorsport 4 and rediscovered some interesting things I hadn't. I'll pick up FM7 on the PC this year though.

So I agree with the way Polyphony Digital handles their GT games by having a bigger gap.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@tormentos said:
@gago-gago said:

And if you're going to highlight and put a specific franchise/developer over the other, you gotta answer why then the Wii U failed, why did the PSVita and PSNow failed even when these things are being supported by these so-called prestigious franchises/developers/projects.

The wii U failed because Nintendo failed to market the Wii U as a successor to the wii,people were even confuse to the point where people were actually going to buy Wii U games to play them on the wii and found the hard way that they didn't work.

The Vita is a successor to the PSP which wasn't a market leader it was also more expensive than the 3DS and compare to the 3DS it has way less games,so again we can apply to the Vita what Charizard is applying to the xbox one here.

And PS Now is a rental service of old games,is nothing like normal hardware,was to expensive monthly and simple doesn't make sense is better to buy cheap those PS3 games.

What's that gotta do with having prestigious first party franchises/developers/projects. All those devices and services are still under the same company which provide these so-called prestigious franchises/developers/projects. Are you telling me these companies failed or were unable to put and use all these prestigious franchises/developers/projects on those devices. Again the definition of prestige is hand picked which equals the definition of successes and failures will also be hand picked. Everything you said just confirms that ALL these systems could always welcome more of something, having just more "prestigious" first party franchises/developers/project won't mean much if that alone can't help save the system or service.

Nintendo failed to market the Wii U as a successor to the Wii? WTF does that gotta do with anything if both Wii U and Wii or just any Nintendo system have these so-called prestigious first party franchises/developers/projects at their disposal. Naw, one reason and better reason the Wii U failed because it lacked the support from prestigious third party franchises/developers/projects. Again Vita had the same support from these so-called prestigious first party franchises/developers/projects as the PS consoles. Why does being a different gaming device but has the same support from these prestigious first party franchises/developers/projects change the outcome of that device?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: did you just fucking say spiderman was a new IP? Lmfao

Gravity Rush was a Vita game. Days Gone and Horizon aren't even out yet unless you want to count Sea of Thieves too. TLG is technically a new IP but that thing was announced a decade ago so it hardly counts.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#205 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@ConanTheStoner said:
@putaspongeon said:

It's cute how in the face of overwhelming logic, lemmings resort to "oh you're biased against xbox".

PC and PS4 gaming is simply objectively superior.

It is kinda funny. Doesn't seem too strange in the context of SW, but when you look at it realistically? It's like ok dudes, chill out with the persecution complex. You're cheering for a platform that only does what two other platforms happen to do much better. It's the worst of the 3 major platforms when it comes to multiplats, which make up the majority of games. And it doesn't even compete on exclusives to offset that fact. It's one of the most redundant consoles ever.

I loved my Xbox. I loved my 360 for its first few years as well. I just can't get behind the Xbone.

Of course personal preference is king. Not shitting on anyone for simply liking the Xbox One. But pretending that others must have some ulterior motive for not liking it? Nah, it's pretty easy to understand why someone would have no use for it.

Disagree dude. If I sold one console tomorrow it would be my PS4 Pro. There are great games on it, no doubt. I, like you am enjoying Nioh. But it has nothing to offer me in the TPS, FPS, racing and co op online gaming from first party.

I know it has Battlefield, Battlefront but so does my X1S. Neither of them are as fun or get the free support that Halo 5 does. Rainbow 6 siege? On both.

Uncharted 4 was a great one and done. I have no, zero interest in playing the campaign again. I jumped on to play Survival mode when it dropped and its fun. But for my time, Horde 3.0 is better.

Racing games, its a forgone conclusion. There is nothing to go against HW2 either.

I spent 3 hours in the Sea of Thieves alpha tonight. There is nothing on PS4 that can compare. And it seems they don't give a crap. They are now charging for MP and offer diddly shit in that realm that is fun or new.

Better, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll take my Xbox over my PS4 still.

I hope you know there are more third person shooters on ps4 than xbox one. Stuff like infamous second son is realistically one as well. But yeah, there are quite a few.

FPS there is only halo 5 for the other side for exclusives. You're going to want games like Doom and stuff instead.

Racing you still have driveclub, wipeout omega collection, grand turismo sport, and distance. Also you're going to want to go for 3rd party for anything but something like wipeout anyway. Stuff like trackmania turbo, project cars, etc etc are your friend.

Co op online games, yet alone only halo 5 for xbox one and sea of thieves upcoming. On the other hand PS4 has stuff like Dead Nation: Apocolypse Edition (also has couch co op), Alienation (couch co op as well), Aragami, Bloodborne, Nioh, Boundless, God Eater 1 and 2, Helldivers, Nex Machina (almost assuringly and couch co op as well), Matterfall (same), etc etc. PS4 has more couch co op and online co op.

I have zero interest in Uncharted 4 without even playing it and the ps4 is still fucking amazing. Get stuff like Alienation, Yakuza 0, World of Final Fantasy, The King of Fighters XIV, etc etc.

Not sure what you mean "fun or new" when I already dominated the xbox one's lineup by only listing a few games from a to h and then a few I had memorized added in.

If you feel compelled: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/22/playstation-4.html

And Sunset Overdrive on X1. Neither Infamous or SO has the white knuckle online I look for that Gears 4 has and to a slight degree, Uncharted Survival

And I have Doom...................on my X1S. I addressed this. What Does SONY make to answer the things I mentioned?

Racing isn't a big genre for me just like fighting games and RTS. I wont want to go with what you say because I am not you. I am me, a separate human being with my own individual wants. Forza Horizon has that all covered.

Co Op online and some couch, X1 has Gears 4, Halo 5, Dead rising 3, 4, Sunset Overdrive, Some titles from Rare Replay, Every Halo game in MCC, every Gears game BC, L4D 1,2 and since you went multiplat those plus Diablo 3, Dark Souls 1-3 among others.

I have zero interest in Yakuza 0, World of FF, fuk it, any FF for that matter, King of fighters 1-infinity, Loved Alienation however. So that amazement you tout isn't so much for me.

What I mean by fun and new, is exactly what I described in another post. People claim MS takes no risks, brings no new IPs. But my 2 favorite new IPs on PS4 weren't risks at all. The Souls formula is well established. Bloodborne didn't risk much, Nioh slightly more. The new IPs MS tried to include didn't turn out amazing. That doesn't mean they didn't try. Sea of Thieves is a risk. It wont sell massive, the loudmouths here that want a SP in it will hate it. If a person spends anytime in it they'll see how absolutely hinged on communication and crew coordination it is. They aren't making Elder Scrolls:Pirates.

You didn't dominate the X1 line up. You showed me you don't like it. WTF do I care what you or anyone else likes? You don't pay for my gaming and I cant play with your time or tastes. Do you care what I like? And this is why gaming and entertainment is subjective not objective. Nobody is doing right or wrong by liking what they like.

Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection, Days Gone, Earth Defense Force 4.1 and 5, Ratchet and Clank, inFAMOUS Second Son and First Light, Horizon: Zero Dawn, The Order 1886, The Last of Us Part 2, Gundam Games, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, etc etc for 3rd person shooters.

Killzone Shadowfall, Killing Floor 2, and No Man's Sky really for first person shooters.

I mentioned Doom since it's a better game than Halo, if you have Doom, you don't need halo 5.

You just aid you don't like racing games but then you hype up forza horizon. It doesn't work like that.

Dead Rising 4 is coming to ps4 later. Honestly don't say "some titles of rare replay", just say "part of rare replay", you can't count rare replay as many exclusives, it's one and not all are multiplayer.

BC isn't included and left 4 dead isn't on the xbox one, it's an xbox 360 game so that doesn't count.

You have zero interest in Yakuza 0, world of final fantasy, and king of fighters? Because you've never played any of them. King of Fighters 14 is one of the best fighters around, Yakuza 0 you have never played (everyone always says they aren't sure about it or don't think it's good till they actually play it) and world of final fantasy is a great game. Also saying "I don't like fighting games, therefore the list is bad" is a cop out.

But yeah, your co op list got absolutely dominated by a heavily unfinished list I made.

Sales are irrelevant, gravity rush 2 didn't sell tons but it's a huge risk and it also unlike sea of thieves and some of the other games, actually has super unique aspects to it that are fun (gravity powers and other things), Gravity Rush 2 is a great game. Same with plenty of other games.

Sea of Thieves doesn't look innovative though, there are literally 1000's of games like it in early access on steam. That being said, it has a decent chance due to the fact that it has microsoft as a publisher which will help build up the graphics and publicity of it I suppose. To be honest, sea of thieves just looks boring from the long game plays I've watched about it.

The xbox one's exclusives are objectively inferior to the ps4's exclusives. PS4 literally matches or beats xbox one at the 2-3 genres it does, meanwhile ps4 has much more than that, games like spider-man, nier automata, yakuza games, wattam, etc etc, games that don't have anything on xbox one to compare to.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@ConanTheStoner said:
@putaspongeon said:

I don't know what you're talking about same shit, I play exclusives on the ps4 and there are a shit ton of them.

Not a hard concept to grasp bud. Most games are multiplat and naturally that's what most people are buying.

I only play consoles for exclusives. Which is why I don't use my consoles very much at all. Because I'd rather play all those multiplats on a PC.

You could add up all the exclusives on these consoles and they're still just a drop in the ocean.

For the most part, whether you like it or not, all these platforms (sans Nintendo) are sharing a very similar library when it comes to major releases. Sure PS4 has a stronger library than Xbone. Sure PC has a much stronger library than both, which is why I was hesitant to throw it in there.

But at the end of the day, it's funny watching lems and cows go at each others throats when their consoles and libraries aren't exactly worlds apart lol.

And you can't have it both ways man. On the one hand you're trying to propose these objective measures, not that I disagree with them. But at the same time you're very much making an argument of your own individual tastes. Again, not a problem, that's how it should be. But in that light you can't really just disregard the personal preference of others. In an argument of opinions you're neither right or wrong. All those games you think are awesome? Someone else thinks they're trash and vice versa.

Stick to your guns, but at least have some consistency.

Add up the games and they'll be drops, but they'll be the drops worth drinking while the rest is filled with some dirt. The exclusives are among the best games of this generation.

People think they are trash because they haven't played them and/or because they are fanboys.

I get a shit ton of my playtime on ps4 from games like hoursemarque games (dead nation, alienation, resogun, nex machina, matterfall, etc etc), Bloodborne, Nioh, Disgaea 5, Until Dawn, Let It Die, etc etc. The only non exclusives I play on it are the evil within, the witcher 3, mgs 5, arkham knight (due to how shit the pc version is), final fantasy 15 (can't get on pc yet), and like towerfall ascension. (cuz it is such a small game that doesn't require much to play it so it's great to just hook up for couch co op)

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

They have to take some lost first an invest with new ip. Might not sell well and score high in first game but sequels might score big like uncharted for exsample.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@xdude85 said:

My only complaint with Microsoft is that they own Rare, and they aren't doing a damn thing with any of their franchises.

I think that's definitely a huge issue. Why isn't MS creating Banjo threee and a Perfect Dark Spy 3rd person game?

Rare has the ip but MS is sleeping on it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@R4gn4r0k: did you just fucking say spiderman was a new IP? Lmfao

Gravity Rush was a Vita game. Days Gone and Horizon aren't even out yet unless you want to count Sea of Thieves too. TLG is technically a new IP but that thing was announced a decade ago so it hardly counts.

What's a spiderman? Never heard of it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#210 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Cut it from the list and replace it with The Last of Us.

What new IP has MS released in the last 5 or so years that they've actually been confident with ? Something that might possibly develop into a new series. Yet strong enough to be its own new entry.

Why do you assume they haven't been confident with Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break? Those games not doing well commercially is why they won't get sequels, has nothing to do with lack of confidence upon release.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#211  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Cut it from the list and replace it with The Last of Us.

What new IP has MS released in the last 5 or so years that they've actually been confident with ? Something that might possibly develop into a new series. Yet strong enough to be its own new entry.

Why do you assume they haven't been confident with Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break? Those games not doing well commercially is why they won't get sequels, has nothing to do with lack of confidence upon release.

The thing is, even when a Sony published game doesn't do well commercially and/or critically, it will often get a sequel, or another project by the same studio at any rate. Ditto with Nintendo. This is more often than not not the case with Microsoft, which is the problem. You need to stick with your projects and nurture and develop them, not expect a hit right off the bat necessarily.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#212 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Yep, that is a true statement. Microsoft easily has the worst first party offering of the three and I think they would be in trouble if it wasn't for third party support. Their franchises heir on the bro-ish side of things and don't have as wide or diverse of an appeal as Sony's or Nintendo's.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@gago-gago: You're right.. What Nintendo Char is stating is purely opinion.. but There are a few quantitative variables you can use to argue. Sales and reviews.. Yes reviews are just more opinions, but if the game is reviewed well by journalists AND users.. It's a safe bet that [insert game] is a good franchise. And if it sells well.. then its a safe bet that [insert game] is popular enough or "prestigious" enough to warrant high sales. Granted neither of these two reasons weigh heavy on my personal purchasing habits, but they do offer solid arguing points.

@tormentos: Sony Tormentos.. Give it a rest dude. Sony won! You can retire the knee pads. I couldn't give a flying F*K about halo (in it's current run), I was merely offering an factual arguing point to Nintendo Char's opinion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#214 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@putaspongeon: How did this suddenly become about only exclusives? I said some titles in Rare Replay because not all 30 have MP in them. It wasn't about exclusives.

The TPS you listed don't measure up to Gears 4 to me especially in competitive online.

DR4 isn't on PS4 NOW. I have already enjoyed it.

Who are you to tell me what is included? I have a backlog of games to play. I can play some on my X1. I cant play any on my PS4.

LMAO I've been gaming over 30 years, but you're going to tell me what I have never played? LOL

Nothing further to discuss. Like Conan said, you have no consistency. You claim objective truths, but offer your opinion as proof and opinions are subjective, like all of entertainment.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#215 IMAHAPYHIPPO  Online
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@charizard1605: You've pretty much nailed it on the head. The problem is, they *had* their premiere studios; they have just all left at this point. Bungie was their crown jewel, and now their lovechild is in the hands of a lesser studio. Same with Gears. The Forza people are the only ones making stellar first party games on Xbox at this point, but having the best racing game on the market will only take you so far. They need to lock in one of the best of the best, their franchise player, if you will. They have killer IP, possibly, arguably (heavily arguably) the best and most diverse in the industry, but they just don't have the talent to pull it off right now.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@quadknight said:

@ronvalencia: Yea you're an idiot. I'm not even gonna waste my time reading or replying to your post. Sorry I even bothered trying to explain the OP to you, it's beyond your understanding. All your know is specs and that's probably all you'll ever know.

Multiplatform games dominates PSN idiot!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@gago-gago said:

And if you're going to highlight and put a specific franchise/developer over the other, you gotta answer why then the Wii U failed, why did the PSVita and PSNow failed even when these things are being supported by these so-called prestigious franchises/developers/projects.

The wii U failed because Nintendo failed to market the Wii U as a successor to the wii,people were even confuse to the point where people were actually going to buy Wii U games to play them on the wii and found the hard way that they didn't work.

The Vita is a successor to the PSP which wasn't a market leader it was also more expensive than the 3DS and compare to the 3DS it has way less games,so again we can apply to the Vita what Charizard is applying to the xbox one here.

And PS Now is a rental service of old games,is nothing like normal hardware,was to expensive monthly and simple doesn't make sense is better to buy cheap those PS3 games.

The dynamics for desktop gaming devices are different from handheld devices, but recent mobile devices are in power arms race. Handheld game console market has been eclipsed by super smart phones and Android/iOS based handheld devices are very easy to use with very little PC IT support.

If hardware power wasn't important on desktop gaming devices, PS3's and XBO's larger game libraries should have killed both XBO and PS4.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

Halo 5 at 5 million was 3 months after release. Uncharted 4 8.7 million was after 7.5 months (the whole of 2016). If you then take into account the marketshare of both consoles, than Halo is still the bigger franchise, and always will be. I'll keep it short now, and write a bigger response once I've properly read your OP for what I deem to be mistakes. But TLOU, and Uncharted are really not as big as Halo when it comes to franchising (generating buzz, and $$$).

Yeah the 5 million they shipped on day one and claim as sold..lol

Halo 5 Reaches $400 Million in Sales to Become Biggest Halo Launch Ever.

Microsoft has announced that Halo 5: Guardians generated more than $400 million in global sales during its first week, meaning the Xbox One game is now the "biggest Halo launch" of all time. The figure includes sales of games and hardware, and drives Halo franchise lifetime revenue to over $5 billion.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-reaches-400-million-in-sales-to-become-bigg/1100-6431980/

We know that was total bullshit as NPD came out and Halo 5 sold 900+k in 5 days vs Halo 3 which sold 2.4 million units in 24 hours,it wasn't even close,worse Halo 5 was 2 months on NPD,Halo 3 was 4 months on NPD 2 of them on spot 1 and it would have being 5 months but loss the 10 spot to Mario and Sonic at the Olympics by 10k.

Halo 5 charted 2 months and vanish from NPD there is no fu**ing way in hell that Halo 5 sold 5 million in 3 months when it didn't chart on NPD like Halo 3 did,If halo 5 would have sold 5 million in 3 months it would have outsold Halo 3 as it took Halo 3 more than 3 months to sell 5 million.

And don't even dare hiding in digital sales even if Halo 5 sales were 50/50 (which are not) still that would put Halo 5 losing to Halo 3 as well on launch,on UK it was the same Halo 5 sold way less than Halo 3 did.

5 million copies X $60 = $300 millions add the extra cash earn on special edition version,add Halo bundles sold in November and you get the rest of the $400 millions they claim Halo generated on launch..

You people are really dumb if MS claimed 400 million in sales on 5 days get a damn calculator and do the math and see how much they most have sold to achieve $400 millions in sales..

Is pretty easy 5 million copies of Halo by $60 dollars is $300 millions so you can see how MS played with numbers and how their whole halo numbers were skewed,just look at gamestop report ""Halo 5 reaches $400 millions in sales to become the biggest launch halo launch ever,reality is other when you compare NPD numbers.

1. Halo 3 - Xbox 360 (Microsoft) - 3.3 million

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_September_2007

In case you want to argue it Halo 3 sold 3.3 million copies in like 6 or 7 days of sales.

In comparison Halo 5 sold 900+K in like 5 or 6 days as well.

Is not even close MS lied about those numbers which is why when they reported the $400 millions never stated how many copies were sold..hahahaha

Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo 5 oh did i mention the xbox 360 userbase was a little smaller than the xbox one user base on time frame to make the humiliation even worse.

$400 million in sales includes Halo 5 hardware related sales.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_5:_Guardians

A commercial success, Halo 5: Guardians and its game-related hardware grossed over US$400 million in its first twenty-four hours and US$500 million in its first week.

For example, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/halo-5-wireless-controller

MS claims 55 million "active Xbox Live" users, which XBO and X360 combined install base can support.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

@charizard1605: So if Microsofts problem is it's first party and Nintendo's first party is great, then why has there been more XB1's sold then Wii U's. The Wii U should be miles ahead, but it isn't.

You can talk about industry buzz, prestige studios, games that when they get announced are an "event" and the like, but MS is in the boat they're in now because of it's fucking horrible policies they brought to the table with the initial XB1 reveal.

Could MS use some more first party studios, of course, but let's not pretend that it's the main reason why they have lost market share.

I work with a guy who's a casual gamer (damn these people are idiots) and he doesn't know who the developers are for the big releases which is the norm here. For instance he loves Halo but doesn't know who the dev was. His sole reason for buying a PS4 was because a friend told him that the XB1 had to connected to the internet for it to work.

Sony cruised through the first 2yrs with nothing of note, it was the messaging that sold all those PS4's not it's "prestige" developer.

There's is so much content in your book for people to pick apart, as for me i don't want to write a book in reply, so i'll stick to these points for now.

I take it that reading isn't something you're great at. No where did OP brought up SALES FIGUREs for the consoles, but yet you had to bring it up as if that was the main reason for this thread. You can't handle that both Nintendo and Sony have either prestige franchise or studios , which is something MS use to have, but sadly Bungie and EPic jumped ship. But since you want to get all happy about MS being second place, you do know that Sony is like 30 mill ahead of MS, which they both launched their consoles pretty much at the same time. Pretty much Sony lapped MS like 300 times and is at the finish line waiting for MS , which isn't something lemmings should be bragging about, 2nd place is for losers.

You're the one bragging deflection2k you idiot.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@cainetao11 said:

@putaspongeon: How did this suddenly become about only exclusives? I said some titles in Rare Replay because not all 30 have MP in them. It wasn't about exclusives.

The TPS you listed don't measure up to Gears 4 to me especially in competitive online.

Who are you to tell me what is included? I have a backlog of games to play. I can play some on my X1. I cant play any on my PS4.

LMAO I've been gaming over 30 years, but you're going to tell me what I have never played? LOL

Nothing further to discuss. Like Conan said, you have no consistency. You claim objective truths, but offer your opinion as proof and opinions are subjective, like all of entertainment.

Um...... "especially in competitive online"

You do realize gears of war 4's single player is kind of bad, right?

Tons of people have gamed as much as you and don't know what the hell they are taling about.

Considering we're talking system vs system, 360 games are kind of irrelevant.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

@charizard1605: So if Microsofts problem is it's first party and Nintendo's first party is great, then why has there been more XB1's sold then Wii U's. The Wii U should be miles ahead, but it isn't.

You can talk about industry buzz, prestige studios, games that when they get announced are an "event" and the like, but MS is in the boat they're in now because of it's fucking horrible policies they brought to the table with the initial XB1 reveal.

Could MS use some more first party studios, of course, but let's not pretend that it's the main reason why they have lost market share.

I work with a guy who's a casual gamer (damn these people are idiots) and he doesn't know who the developers are for the big releases which is the norm here. For instance he loves Halo but doesn't know who the dev was. His sole reason for buying a PS4 was because a friend told him that the XB1 had to connected to the internet for it to work.

Sony cruised through the first 2yrs with nothing of note, it was the messaging that sold all those PS4's not it's "prestige" developer.

There's is so much content in your book for people to pick apart, as for me i don't want to write a book in reply, so i'll stick to these points for now.

I take it that reading isn't something you're great at. No where did OP brought up SALES FIGUREs for the consoles, but yet you had to bring it up as if that was the main reason for this thread. You can't handle that both Nintendo and Sony have either prestige franchise or studios , which is something MS use to have, but sadly Bungie and EPic jumped ship. But since you want to get all happy about MS being second place, you do know that Sony is like 30 mill ahead of MS, which they both launched their consoles pretty much at the same time. Pretty much Sony lapped MS like 300 times and is at the finish line waiting for MS , which isn't something lemmings should be bragging about, 2nd place is for losers.

It's not bragging; its called just stating facts. Opps did I_P_on-YOU

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 jg4xchamp
@charizard1605 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

The thing is, even when a Sony published game doesn't do well commercially and/or critically, it will often get a sequel, or another project by the same studio at any rate. Ditto with Nintendo. This is more often than not not the case with Microsoft, which is the problem. You need to stick with your projects and nurture and develop them, not expect a hit right off the bat necessarily.

Like The Order? Remember when Mag became a series? or Puppeteer? Remember how Santa Monica was allowed to do a new ip and not be a side bitch to finishing the games of other studios? Or what about that one time they brought Twisted Metal back only to shelf it again asap under the pretense that no one wants car combat games anymore?

They've given bad games sequels before, but Killzone did commercially, ditto knack, Gravity Rush was well received and I'd imagine did solid enough on remasters to warrant an attempt on the PS4.

But sure Microsoft is the worst of the 3 when it comes to handling their first party projects and games, I wouldn't disagree with that at all, I only came in to point out that

A: Chaz doesn't know what a fucking prestige project is
B: Spiderman in no fucking way is a new ip

And now new addition

C: what about the part where Sony's first party sucks? because it still does. Like kudos for the effort, but egad the playing it part of their games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

C: what about the part where Sony's first party sucks? because it still does. Like kudos for the effort, but egad the playing it part of their games.

Bu, but the sum of their...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

It's not bragging; its called just stating facts. Opps did I_P_on-YOU

I didn't know "is like" was a fact, We all know how stupid you are, but prove us all wrong and provide us with these facts you have, or are you going to deflect like you always do deflection2k???

At least i was trying to have a conversation with char, whereas you just want an argument.

Opps (lol) you're an idiot.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Bu, but the sum of their...

still trash. In fact they are worse when you start judging them on how each part comes together for a greater whole.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By ConanTheStoner
@jg4xchamp said:

still trash. In fact they are worse when you start judging them on how each part comes together for a greater whole.

Yup. I never thought about it much, but that seems to be the apology for most of the big Sony titles, and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Speaking of Sony titles that were worth a damn though, was TLG any good? I never got around to playing it. Like on a scale of ICO to SotC, does it really stack up?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Yup. I never thought about it much, but that seems to be the apology for most of the big Sony titles, and it still doesn't work.

Edit: Speaking of Sony titles that were worth a damn though, was TLG any good? I never got around to playing it. Like on a scale of ICO to SotC, does it really stack up?

I don't like it as much as those two games, but that says more about my love for those two games. I really like The last Guardian, although I did get halfway and just stopped playing. But I haven't been playing anything lately, so that could be also on me.

But I was loving it, I think it's so fucking unique, I think once you understand how Trico works getting him to do stuff becomes a non-issue, the soundtrack is fantastic, and Ueda's brand of game design is legit excellent. That game is about all its parts coming together, even the way the mechanics work, because Ueda makes games, not shitty movies parading themselves around as games.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp:

Sounds good! Yeah I guess unique is guaranteed with Ueda. I never expected it to stack up to SotC for me, but I'm hoping for Ico territory. Hopefully I'll dig it that much. I was already gonna give it a go, but thanks for the brief impressions, I know you don't sugar coat shit.

Probably gonna be my next game after Zelda is out of the way.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

For example, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/halo-5-wireless-controller

MS claims 55 million "active Xbox Live" users, which XBO and X360 combined install base can support.

Dude did you read my post? I stated it includes everything.

By the way how many units MS sold in just 5 days.? 20k 30k?

Again it doesn't add up,those sales were $400 to retailers not sold to consumer.

@OhSnapitz said:

@tormentos: Sony Tormentos.. Give it a rest dude. Sony won! You can retire the knee pads. I couldn't give a flying F*K about halo (in it's current run), I was merely offering an factual arguing point to Nintendo Char's opinion.

This is not about sony winning is about your argument again did you calculated how many copies MS most have sold in 5 days to hit $400 millions.?

Your fact is based on fiction and MS lies,Halo 5 under performed to hell and beyond vs other halo games.

Only a fool would believe MS sold $400 worth of Halo crap in 5 days not even accounting bundles they reach that.

@ronvalencia said:

They also dominate xbox live ass..

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605: Chaz...chaz....why do you want to see the world burn? :P

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

I think Sony just got another prestige franchise!

Cry lems.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605: Chaz...chaz....why do you want to see the world burn? :P

I think he knows lemms are easier to piss than cow..ahahhahaa

I agree with many of its points tho xbox franchises are not what they use to be,maybe fatigue.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Mooooaaar SmearCampaign....

I'd like to say it never gets old but I'd be lying.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Wrong on so many levels. Sony bloodbourne was not even first party- either was that Nioh game. Sony only success this gen in terms of reviews and sales was uncharted. What else has lit the house on fire?

MS has had more diversity this gen then Sony.

Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Halo Wars 2 a RTS, Dead Rising. Yes we got Halo, Gears and Forza nothing wrong with that though people.

And to claim Sea of Thieves is not a different type of game is lunacy. Crackdown is different? Sony blew their load at last E3 because for 2 years they had nothing to show off.

MS will have new games at E3 2017. Whereas i betting Sony will just have updates with the games shown last E3.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

What i agree with is they don't have a naughty dog type of developer.

Anyhow MS xbox one is just too weak to be a showcase for graphics, maybe we see that more with the Scorpio.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Dude did you read my post? I stated it includes everything.

By the way how many units MS sold in just 5 days.? 20k 30k?

Again it doesn't add up,those sales were $400 to retailers not sold to consumer.

@ronvalencia said:

They also dominate xbox live ass..

I'm already aware of multiplatform games dominating Xbox Live, hence that's not my argument.

Since multiplatform games dominating both consoles, the box with superior hardware within reasonable entry cost barrier wins the sales war.

Dividing $60 vs $400 million is flawed when game sales are mixed up with Halo 5 related hardware sales you stupid cow.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

They need quite a few good games before I'm impressed, like back in the Xbox and X360 days. Having a solid lineup can pretty much negate the power differences between systems IMO.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 cainetao11

@putaspongeon said:
@cainetao11 said:

Tons of people have gamed as much as you and don't know what the hell they are taling about.

Gears 4's SP is bad according to who? See this is how I know you have no clue what you're talking about. You said you played the first Gears and didn't like it. Cool. But why does that or anyone els's opinion of the game SP or MP have anything to do with me? You seem to let others, whether reviews or mystery people, opinions of games be a major part of your life. I do not because I am the one paying for the games I play. Why would I care what others like or dislike? What are you sheep?

Here you are still not getting it. BC is a part of one system at no charge. The other charges to rent games. I don't play by your rules. I LIVE by mine.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@tormentos: "I couldn't give a flying F*K about halo (in it's current run).."

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

The Last of Us was pretty good, but Gears is about the same as Uncharted to me--both meh games. Halo is in the same boat, just meh.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Microsoft’s first party lineup is a problem. This is not news to anyone at this point- while Microsoft has some guaranteed sellers in Halo, Gears of War, and Forza (the decline in sales for them notwithstanding), it lacks any larger diversity within its portfolio, unlike Sony and especially Nintendo, who both manage to hit a broader range of demographics and aesthetics with their titles. But even that isn’t the larger problem here- the larger problem is that Microsoft flat out lacks any prestige franchise or studio in its lineup, to drive outside interest in Xbox.

What is a prestige project? A prestige project is essentially something that is your critical showpiece- it is guaranteed a high amount of critical success, and general respect from the industry. It may or may not sell well, but it ends up attracting wider interest to your platform simply by its very existence, even from those people who otherwise may not have been interested in the platform initially.

NINTENDO

Nintendo, naturally, has a prestige franchise- The Legend of Zelda series. Zelda is often called gaming’s prestige franchise in general, and is the highest rated franchise in history, with each new major release in the series being a landmark title. Zelda is one of the few games that can attract attention to Nintendo platforms even from those who otherwise don’t care for Nintendo, their games, their aesthetics, their hardware, or their IP. It’s a big budget showcase of Nintendo’s game making prowess, its critical reception in the industry is quite literally second to none (the highest rated game of all time is a Zelda game, and no mainline console Zelda game ever had a lower than 93 composite score), wins an astonishing amount of awards with every entry, and generates interest in Nintendo platforms, when Nintendo’s usual fare fails. Zelda is not necessarily Nintendo’s highest selling franchise – in 30 years, the series as a whole has sold 75 million units worldwide, and on average, each game sells 4-6 million – but it is almost second to none in driving interest in Nintendo’s platforms by a larger audience, and buying Nintendo mindshare.

PLAYSTATION

Sony does not have a prestige franchise– instead, PlayStation has a prestige studio. That studio, of course, is Naughty Dog, who have really come into their own in the last decade or so. Their games are guaranteed incredibly high critical reception, and Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us each set a record for the overall number of Game of the Year awards they won in their respective years of release. A Naughty Dog release is a momentous occasion- even Xbox fans usually tend to acknowledge Naughty Dog’s games, and express interest in them. People who are otherwise disinterested in PlayStation get interested with a new Naughty Dog project. When a new Last of Us is announced, or a new Uncharted releases, the entire industry sits up and takes notice. Naughty Dog games, even now, are not Sony’s highest selling titles- that crown is still held by Gran Turismo. But Naughty Dog games are the prestige games, the games that can generate interest from a larger audience that otherwise would simply be disinterested in Sony’s larger offerings.

XBOX

The release of a prestige game, then, is an event. The release of a new Zelda is an event. The release of a new Naughty Dog game is an event. And yet, Microsoft has nothing like that. The interesting thing is, they used to- until the end of the Xbox 360 era, one could have said Halo is a prestige franchise- which it was. Halo was setting paradigms for the entire industry, selling Xbox consoles all on its own, receiving extremely high composite review scores, winning Game of the Year awards with every new entry. The release of a new Halo game was an event, one that the entire industry took notice of. That it was Microsoft’s highest seller was irrelevant- Halo was their prestige brand.

But that’s not true anymore. Whether fans like to admit it or not, Halo‘s standing is not what it once was. The overall sales of the games have gone down, the critical reception has definitely fallen, and the release of a new Halo title is commonplace, routine, banal, expected. Of course there will be a new Halo game this year- why wouldn’t there be one?

Halo has settled down into a larger identity. It knows what it is, and it tries to do that, and do that well- there is nothing wrong with that! It means Halo is consistent more than anything. But it also means that if the average PlayStation or Nintendo gamer was not interested in Halo 1-5, Halo 6 will not change their mind.

This is one area where Zelda has a major advantage over Halo (and indeed, most other franchises in the industry)- each game is a dramatically new take on the franchise, with its own distinct spin on the mechanics, series’ lore and characters, distinct visual identities, and they indeed, play out differently too. Ocarina of Time, Majora’s Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword are all vastly different games from one another, with Twilight Princess really being the only retread in the series. The upcoming Breath of the Wild again looks to be a thorough departure from all Zelda conventions. With a new Zelda game, you never quite know what to expect- even something as basic as how the game might look is up in the air. With Halo, you know exactly what you are getting with a new entry. Which, again, is great for fans- but is not good for driving larger interest, and, thanks to diminishing returns, also not good for sustaining critical reception.

This predictability – predictability in knowing just what Halo will be, and when it will come out – when coupled together with Halo‘s general decline in quality compared to the Bungie days, has made it lose its standing as a prestige franchise. And now, Microsoft finds itself in the unenviable position of having no brands and no studios with which to drive larger interest in its platforms. Halo is in fact the perfect encapsulation of Microsoft’s first party situation- safe, predictable, generally good, but nothing mind blowing, and nothing that will convince anyone not already convinced.

---

So where to from here? What can Microsoft do to resolve the situation? It cannot rely on its existing franchises to drive larger interest via prestige- there is an air of predictability around these franchises, and the lack of overall variety leading to frequency in the release of their staples is one of the problems that has contributed to this problem in the first place.

What Microsoft needs to do is invest in a new IP and/or a new studio.A new IP/new studio that doesn't exist to drive the highest number of software sales and/or revenue possible- but just to produce games that are creative showpieces, high quality pieces of work that the larger industry can appreciate and respect. Microsoft needs a series or studio that can drive a halo effect- one must have studio or franchise, where every new release can be an event, and is generally celebrated by the industry, regardless of platform allegiances.

This studio or franchise needs, obviously, full creative freedom- it must be allowed to put out the game that it wants to put out, without being made to adhere to some larger company strategy, or to some template that Microsoft thinks might drive up revenues (in the past, Microsoft's push for its various pet projects, such as Kinect, has stifled creativity at its studios). The studio must be allowed to make whatever games it wants. This also means that Microsoft cannot start forcing a 'games as service' mantra on this studio or franchise- the very idea of a prestige franchise is not to drive up revenues directly, but larger outside interest in your platform.

It also means that Microsoft cannot simply can the studio or franchise because there was one underperforming game- it took Naughty Dog years before they reached the status that they ultimately did. Zelda has had several underperforming games over the years, but Nintendo has stuck by it. Microsoft can't drop a studio or franchise because of one underperforming game. In fact, there is a high likelihood that your prestige products always underperform relative to expectations- but again, direct revenues from prestige products are almost never the point.

---

What do you all think? Does Microsoft need a prestige studio/franchise? Or do you think it can continue the way it has been going? Why/why not?

---

TL;DR: No, f*ck off. Read the goddamn thread and then comment. I put pretty pictures in there to keep your attention, too, and I also bolded the important shit so you know what to pay attention to.

I mean they have 4 "billion dollar franchises" (minecraft, halo, gears, forza)

They've taken chances on new IPs like State of decay, Ryse, Sunset overdrive, quantum break, sea of theives, recore, titanfall,

They are rebooting older IPs like the rare replay, Phantom Dust, crackdown

They still own some IPs they could do work with like blinx, mech assualt, brute force, fable, scalebound.

and they release 3-4 big AAA games a year pretty much always. Sony does better in the indie department and the japanese games but outside of that MS has provided better in everything else. for racing, 1st person shooter, 3rd person shooter, sandbox MS has the best games in those genres and sony doesn't. Sony has the better JRPGs and that's about it. as far as western RPGs all the best ones are 3rd party. Sony and MS don't' have any good true western RPGs

Avatar image for smearygoose1768
SmearyGoose1768

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 SmearyGoose1768
Member since 2016 • 297 Posts

@killered3 said:

@charizard1605:

I believe that goes to 343i, doesn't it? They're good developers. Maybe they should try making different games besides Halo and see where it takes them.

I agree with this MS thinks making a new IP with a good studio will be risky and expensive(which is true when taking a new IP with no prior assets). I always wondered what Bungie could of done(Without Activision narrating all the stuff) Delete repeated word Microsoft pressuring them to make a new Halo each time.

Avatar image for smearygoose1768
SmearyGoose1768

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 SmearyGoose1768
Member since 2016 • 297 Posts

@tormentos: lol Speak for yourself. Halo 5 is the best Halo multiplayer since Halo 2. Halo 5 exceeded my expectations in the multiplayer department, the only reason it didn't sell as well as previous was because the Xbox One is selling like shit and has had a smaller install base than previous generations and because it doesn't get the same hype as before. But calling Halo 5 a objectively worse game than previous is wrong.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Microsoft really needs to open more studios and staff them with people who know what they are doing. When a studio like Lionhead puts out a product that doesn't impress, rather than closing the studio, they should put somebody different in charge and give them a new project.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

I agree with everything you said except about Sony not having a prestige franchise. They have on every generation. PSX had Gran Turismo, PS2 had God of War with Gran Turismo still pushing the console (highest selling first party franchise that generation), PS3 had Gran Turismo and GOW again with Uncharted standing out and TLoU being the best game of the generation. These franchises also outsold Zelda as the highest selling Zelda game is only 7 million with Ocarina of Time and that has been what 10 years?Sony just does not rely on the same franhcises, which i what makes PlayStation the biggest brand in gaming history.

Uncharted 4 has already outsold the highest Zelda game, Gran Turismo has always been a bigger franchises, TLoU outsold OoT, GOW3 sold at least the same amount and I expect GOW PS4 to outsell it too. Horizon: Zero Dawn will be the standout game this generation and it will sell more than Breath of The Wild. Everything else is on point though, but Nintendo actually lacks a lot of variety too with no western games or mature games that appeal to adults. There core games are better than MS core games though, but Halo in it's prime was bigger than anything from Nintendo outside of Pokemon.

The problem with MS is true though and they just buy games and never created anything internally like Nintendo or Sony. The best games on 360 were from second party of third party devs that MS paid for. Games like Splinter Cell, Dead Rising, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. The original Xbox MS paid for games like Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Splinter Cell and Nights of the Old Republic, while buying Halo after it was conceived and eventually buying Lionhead securing Fable -which they closed down.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 PutASpongeOn

@cainetao11 said:
@putaspongeon said:
@cainetao11 said:

Gears 4's SP is bad according to who? See this is how I know you have no clue what you're talking about. You said you played the first Gears and didn't like it. Cool. But why does that or anyone els's opinion of the game SP or MP have anything to do with me? You seem to let others, whether reviews or mystery people, opinions of games be a major part of your life. I do not because I am the one paying for the games I play. Why would I care what others like or dislike? What are you sheep?

Here you are still not getting it. BC is a part of one system at no charge. The other charges to rent games. I don't play by your rules. I LIVE by mine.

Go watch a critique of it, I'm not here to hold your hand. Gears of War 4's story was written badly and did literally nothing interesting, it was literally a rehash of the old games. This is due to the fact that the dev probably didn't want to change their first gears game due to it being such a core xbox franchise, therefore made it super cookie cutter.

The characters were literally cliches.

Well congrats, you can play 8 year old games. I don't do either, I have a ps3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 cainetao11

@putaspongeon:

Go watch a critique of it, I'm not here to hold your hand. Gears of War 4's story was written badly and did literally nothing interesting, it was literally a rehash of the old games. This is due to the fact that the dev probably didn't want to change their first gears game due to it being such a core xbox franchise, therefore made it super cookie cutter.

Why should I watch a critique? I've played it myself and come to my own assessment. Again, are you sheep? WTF does the opinion of others have to do with mine? Do you have a mind of your own?

What is your gamertag? I want to see that u actually played Gears 4. I bet you are just picking the bad things some critics said and making up your mind about the game based on that. You're a follower. Keep following, pal.

And William in Nioh isn't a cliché of The Last Samurai/Westerner in japan? LMAO

I don't need to hook up another console to still play what I want. I play games on Sega Genesis, still. Not my fault you're a pop culture slave.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I think most people would have agreed that Lionhead Studios was that prestige franchise.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By PutASpongeOn

@cainetao11 said:

@putaspongeon:

Why should I watch a critique? I've played it myself and come to my own assessment. Again, are you sheep? WTF does the opinion of others have to do with mine? Do you have a mind of your own?

What is your gamertag? I want to see that u actually played Gears 4. I bet you are just picking the bad things some critics said and making up your mind about the game based on that. You're a follower. Keep following, pal.

I don't need to hook up another console to still play what I want. I play games on Sega Genesis, still. Not my fault you're a pop culture slave.

Not a sheep, like I said, it's not my job to spend time explaining all the bad things in the game when they exist already. It IS badly written and it DOES have bad characters, also it plays it super safe.

I don't have an xbox one, nor did I buy the pc version, I played it at a friends house on the xbox one. That being said, my pc would have no trouble playing it beautifully, I have a monster one.

I do hope you know that William is actually a real person, he was the first European Samurai, Nioh is based on Oni (get it, Oh-Ni) by the legendary Akira Kurosawa (an unfinished script he had)

originally, but they ended up scrapping that and making it into a story about William Adams, of course putting all the real characters into a world full of spirits and stuff instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

It's cliche because the main character is literally the thing the cliches are basede on.

I'm a pop culture slave since I have a ps3? Fucking stupid. The fact is that if you want to buy an xbox one to play 8 year old games (since it's not getting any quality exclusive), then you're a sucker.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By cainetao11

@putaspongeon said:
@cainetao11 said:

@putaspongeon:

Not a sheep, like I said, it's not my job to spend time explaining all the bad things in the game when they exist already. It IS badly written and it DOES have bad characters, also it plays it super safe.

I don't have an xbox one, nor did I buy the pc version, I played it at a friends house on the xbox one.That being said, my pc would have no trouble playing it beautifully, I have a monster one.

I do hope you know that William is actually a real person, he was the first European Samurai, Nioh is based on Oni (get it, Oh-Ni) by the legendary Akira Kurosawa (an unfinished script he had)

originally, but they ended up scrapping that and making it into a story about William Adams, of course putting all the real characters into a world full of spirits and stuff instead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_(sailor)

It's cliche because the main character is literally the thing the cliches are basede on.

I'm a pop culture slave since I have a ps3? Fucking stupid. The fact is that if you want to buy an xbox one to play 8 year old games (since it's not getting any quality exclusive), then you're a sucker.

And we're done. There is no point going any further with this. Your proof is something you cannot provide verifiably to others. I played with J Lo's ass at my friend's house.

I do hope you know that just because an actual person's name was used doesn't mean the devs actually know anything about the personality or experiences and used that truthfully for William in Nioh. Or are you telling us that he really fought Yokai demons in Japan? LMAO You're one of those people that think when a movie says "based on a true story" it has no bullshit in it.

You lack the critical thinking skills and wisdom to understand that nothing you or any critic says about Gears 4 MUST mean anything to me or anyone else that enjoys it.

That is why you are a pop culture slave. Not because you own a PS3. See what I mean? Because you think that critics and a mass opinion equals objective fact. Only followers work like this. Take care, dude.