What kind of headset do you use for multiplayer?

• 60 results
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (25882 posts) -

imo playing a game online is not fully complete without having some sort of a way to chat with those you play with or play against so what headset do you guys use when playing online?

i was looking into buying an Astro gaming headset but those turned out to cost over $200 which is insane that's half of how much a PS4 costs so i ended up buying the official PlayStation Wireless Pulse headset which works like magic.

this is what i use:

#2 Posted by clyde46 (47458 posts) -

Gaming headsets suck ass. Buy yourself a good pair of headphones with a Zalman clip on mic or the Modmic.

#3 Edited by Consternated (848 posts) -

Sennheiser HD800 headphones with a desk mic for desktop.

Logitech G430 for lan parties.

#4 Edited by Tokeism (2349 posts) -

The Roccat Kave

#5 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17476 posts) -

I'm using a wireless haeadset from Phillips

cost me 79 euro and I'm very happy with it.

#6 Posted by finalstar2007 (25882 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm using a wireless haeadset from Phillips

cost me 79 euro and I'm very happy with it.

Dude that stand is amazing i would love to have a stand like that for my headset or something that works as a stand and a charger.

#7 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

Headset...... Why would I use a Headset to talk to someone seated right next to me and doesn't make fun of my mom ?

;) Splitscreen Baby !

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (25882 posts) -
@Tokeism said:

The Roccat Kave

Oh boy i remember seeing this at the store once and the price was pretty insane isnt this like $170 to $200?

#9 Posted by finalstar2007 (25882 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Headset...... Why would I use a Headset to talk to someone seated right next to me and doesn't make fun of my mom ?

;) Splitscreen Baby !

Thats why there is a Mute option in most online games now, just simply mute those who are rude.

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

@finalstar2007

Then you might aswell not buy the Headset..... :p

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17476 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Dude that stand is amazing i would love to have a stand like that for my headset or something that works as a stand and a charger.

Yeah, when you look at it, you immediately notice the stylish stand. That's one of the reasons I got interested in it.

I just slide in my headphone in the stand when I'm done, and once every week or so I use it as a charger.

TBH, it was years since I had used a wireless headset and the experience with it was only so-so. Now I think the technology is great, and works flawlessly.

#12 Edited by slimdogmilionar (691 posts) -

ON pc I use my old X12's

ON xbox I use the x0 Seven's. Not better than my x42's though.

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (19263 posts) -

I use telepathy

#14 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

What kind of headset do you use for multiplayer?

The same one I use for singleplayer.

#15 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

@cainetao11

My thoughts well destroy your faith in humanity and kill your soul... :p

#16 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9935 posts) -

The one through which I won't hear stupid sony pony parrots like the TC.

#17 Edited by mems_1224 (48401 posts) -

I got these like 4-5 years ago for my 360 and they still work great

I got some generic headset for my PS3 that I never used so I use it for my PC instead. I think its a Turtle Beach too.

#18 Posted by cainetao11 (19263 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@cainetao11

My thoughts well destroy your faith in humanity and kill your soul... :p

Oh my god!!!! That's you?!!

#19 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9935 posts) -

Now with being a father in the making and all, I'd love to have the technology from Deus Ex - when your voice is inaudible to the environment but you could talk normally.

#20 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

@cainetao11

its everyone.... :)

Its the lack of Telepathy that keeps us all alive.... Remember that episode of House with that poor bastard who said every single thing that crossed his mind with absolutely no restraint ?

SPOILER ALERT

His family left his ass ! ! !

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (19263 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@cainetao11

its everyone.... :)

Its the lack of Telepathy that keeps us all alive.... Remember that episode of House with that poor bastard who said every single thing that crossed his mind with absolutely no restraint ?

SPOILER ALERT

His family left his ass ! ! !

LOL

#22 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

A set of Beyerdynamic DT990s with my Shure PG42 as my mic

#23 Posted by donalbane (16376 posts) -

I use the Astro A50s, but if I was getting some now I'd get the SteelSeries H wireless headset. I've heard good things.

#24 Edited by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

Microphones tend to pick up only half my voice. It seems half my voice uses tones that are just impossible to pick up on bad mics. So I use a Blue Yeti for chat, as it works somewhat better than every other mic below $100 that I tried. I also tried that Zalman clip on, yes. It seems most lower tones and some mid-high tones are just left out, and it results in a very 'gay alien' sounding voice that is definitely not like the original voice XD

And I use the Audio Technica ATH AD700 open headphones for sound.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

@cainetao11

You should check it out... The guy is almost like a gamer.... He has a great life and great family supprting him in his hour of desperation.... And yet he still bitches about the little things knowing full well that at anymoment he could circle the drain and die, and the last thing he says to his wife is "Your fat and I hate your mother..... Please don't leave me" ! You know whats funny.... I think we all think these things... ALL THE TIME ! We don't mean them but we think them anyway... I guess we do mean them but just alil bit....

#26 Posted by gameofthering (10456 posts) -

@Tokeism said:

The Roccat Kave

I had two of these and loved them but they both ended up with the same problem. The audio would sometimes cut off and the microphone wouldn't work but I'm not sure why :(

I've currently got a Razer Kraken Pro. I miss the Roccat Kave though.

#27 Posted by KungfuKitten (21401 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@cainetao11

You should check it out... The guy is almost like a gamer.... He has a great life and great family supprting him in his hour of desperation.... And yet he still bitches about the little things knowing full well that at anymoment he could circle the drain and die, and the last thing he says to his wife is "Your fat and I hate your mother..... Please don't leave me" ! You know whats funny.... I think we all think these things... ALL THE TIME ! We don't mean them but we think them anyway... I guess we do mean them but just alil bit....

I consider myself pretty evil, and I don't think those kind of things all the time...

#28 Edited by xCocoTheMonkeyx (358 posts) -

Plantronics Gamecom 780 5.1

#29 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

I used to use headsets because the game audio and people was hard to here so I had the turtle beach px5 because it was 100% wireless as I was able go can adjust setting.

But now I dont use any because the community on xbox is dead. Due to party chat, now only people not in party chat now days is people dont want yo talk or whining crybabies.

I dont even bother plugging in the mic any more.

#30 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18323 posts) -

@KungfuKitten

I don't believe you.... Maybe you dream them then forget..... Maybe your life genuinely is fantastic and you have no reason to be bitter..... Either way you're not human.... :p

#31 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3228 posts) -

I don't use peasant headsets.I have a custom made sound system.

I have no use for a mic either.

#32 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -

I don't use the headsets... I use a AKG 702 and a Snowball microphone. I also have a Bose AE2 that I use sometimes... I rarely use my Microphone.

#33 Edited by RpgGamer23q (235 posts) -

Sennheiser HD650 + Aune T1 and Zalman clip on mic.

#34 Posted by bforrester420 (1996 posts) -

N/A

#35 Posted by General_Solo76 (272 posts) -

I'm being totally honest when I say none. I don't enjoy online gaming in the slightest. I do enjoy some multiplayer co-op, but only with my real life friends in the same room with local co-op having fun, sharing snacks and just talking and laughing! Otherwise, it's strictly SP experiences that I enjoy. :)

#36 Posted by illmatic87 (15467 posts) -

I use Astro A30

It's incredibly light, especially for a surround sound headset. I usually use these for just general gaming and music listening on my PC as well. The build quality is probably its weakness, it doesnt feel all too robust, so I have to be very careful - already had to open it as the internal speaker on the right came loose and had to refasten/seal it up. The mic is solid, but the attatchment is limited in terms of adjustment as it's fixed in a location

#37 Edited by Sphensen (812 posts) -

This, because I'm a tight wad

Also, props to the dudes using blue/shure mics (y ou got to make sure they can hear you call them a fag clearly )

#38 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

I have a Tritton set, but I mostly just use the one that came with the system for chat.

#39 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4080 posts) -

@Sphensen said:

This, because I'm a tight wad

Also, props to the dudes using blue/shure mics (y ou got to make sure they can hear you call them a fag clearly )

Snowball microphones are the price of a game in the UK... You can get them for £50 if you look around. Not really pricey or enthusiast but superior to many if not all microphones on headsets.

Personally I don't even use a microphone for gaming, I use mine when I skype with family.

#40 Edited by hiphops_savior (8039 posts) -

All about dem A40s.

#41 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@xCocoTheMonkeyx said:

Plantronics Gamecom 780 5.1

HAHA that's what I have as well. Only thing I don't like is that they are square, but my ears have long since adjusted to them.

#42 Edited by coasterguy65 (6248 posts) -

I don't really game online much unless it's with close friends. When I do it's usually something like Counter Strike on the PC.I have a really nice comfortable Plantronics GameCon USB headset for that.

If I game on the 360....I just use the headset that came in the box. It's durable, pretty comfortable, and honestly I'm not going to spend $150 for a gaming headset. Just to use it to play on my 360. Maybe one day I will get around to getting a Universal model that works on everything.

I haven't really found anyone with a PS4 to play online with, so I just use my older set on Panasonic over the ear headphones or my Sennheiser earbuds with the DS4 for those late night gaming sessions. I don't really need a mic at this point.

#43 Posted by freedom01 (893 posts) -

For PS3 and PC I use Sony Playstation Eltie Wireless Headset, for PS4 I use Playstation Gold Wireless Headset

#44 Edited by silversix_ (15882 posts) -

Headset, what r u a casul? This is what i use and everyone who respects its ears use lol

#45 Posted by lostrib (42144 posts) -

I just use headphones and a cheap mic

I'm thinking of actually getting one of the Modmics

#46 Posted by MonsieurX (31568 posts) -

Using my DT990 on my PC but I barely play any multiplayer games

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (19263 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@cainetao11

No doubt on the thinking. The shit that runs through my head just walking down the street in NYC, I have doubled over laughing at myself sometimes. I'll check it out.

#48 Posted by cainetao11 (19263 posts) -

I use the default my console came with.

#49 Edited by Nengo_Flow (10419 posts) -

I only use mics to talk in multiplayer. I never felt the need to buy a headset to listen to my game in private.

#50 Posted by lostrib (42144 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

I only use mics to talk in multiplayer. I never felt the need to buy a headset to listen to my game in private.

Using headphones can be helpful in certain games for listening for audio cues like footsteps