• 71 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll What is the WORST Zelda game? (85 votes)

A Link to the Past 6%
Link's Awakening 1%
Ocarina of Time 4%
Majora's Mask 5%
Oracle of Ages 2%
Oracle of Seasons 1%
The Wind Waker 13%
The Minish Cap 1%
Twilight Princess 8%
Phantom Hourglass 11%
Spirit Tracks 19%
Skyward Sword 25%
A Link Between Worlds 2%

We've had the 'best Zelda game ever' threads and polls so many times, I figured it would make for a nice change to flip everything (just like the game world was flipped in the Wii version of Twilight Princess to accommodate right handed players for the motion controls).

So, this discussion is not about the best Zelda game. We know which games most often top those (A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker). This discussion is about the worst Zelda game. Which one is it? And why?

My opinion follows in spoilers.

It is not Skyward Sword. While Skyward Sword may be the most disappointing game, it was still a fundamentally good game, with some poor design choices. Plus, it has some amazing character work and music, not to mention a great story, to elevate it.

My answer instead is Spirit Tracks. It lacks the novelty and freshness that made Phantom Hourglass so great, and it has absolutely nothing going for it, except the music. Segmented overworld curbing exploration, poor dungeons, poor combat, and a story that completely throws away the potential of the Wind Waker timeline... **** Spirit Tracks.

Anyway, that's me. What about you?

Incidentally: yes, I know I excluded the first two NES games from the poll. Again, this was done on purpose. Those games are so old, including them would be unfair and might skew voting, thereby suppressing the actual discussion around this topic that I hope to generate.

• 
Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@charizard1605: Not really sure to be honest....I was desperately trying to have any type of fun that I might have missed what game I was playing.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'm surprised so many people are saying Windwaker, I'd say that game had the best and most memorable cast of characters in a Zelda game, and I actually like the sailing and exploring all the islands.

I look at the block of Phantom, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword and shudder though. Hopefully that will always be the lowest point in Zelda history.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: I can absolutely understand not having fun with Majora, it's not for everyone. That's cool. But your complaint about handholding is the literal opposite of what Majora was or did.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
  1. Skyward Sword
  2. Spirit Tracks
  3. Phantom Hourglass
  4. Minish Cap
  5. Wind Waker
  6. Four Swords Adventure
  7. A Link Between Worlds
  8. Twilight Princess
  9. Adventures of Link (Zelda II)
  10. Oracle of Seasons/Ages
  11. Link's Awakening
  12. The Legend of Zelda
  13. A Link to the Past
  14. Majora's Mask
  15. Ocarina of Time

Worst games start from the top, also INB4 @charizard1605 calls me out saying I have bad taste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FireEmblem_Man: Apart from your poor placement of Wind Waker, I really don't see much in that list that offends me.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@charizard1605 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Apart from your poor placement of Wind Waker, I really don't see much in that list that offends me.

Poor placement? What do you have against what I don't like?

Do you want me to write an essay on why I don't share the same interest in Wind Waker like you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FireEmblem_Man: In my opinion, dude. You specifically called me out in your post, so I was replying to you and saying that the only thing I really disagree with is your placement of Wind Waker. Chill.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 FireEmblem_Man

@charizard1605 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: In my opinion, dude. You specifically called me out in your post, so I was replying to you and saying that the only thing I really disagree with is your placement of Wind Waker. Chill.

Okay, you ask for it... Only because I want Attention.... But really, I have my own reasons why I placed Wind Waker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@FireEmblem_Man: I know, I can't say I care much either way. You like what you like, you dislike what you dislike. None of it affects me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I didn't like Skyward Sword; never played the DS games. All the others were good.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#61  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So I played all Zelda games except the CDI ones and Zelda 2.
I liked TP the least, and I still liked it.
I liked AlttP the second least, BUT my excuse is I played it around 2010 and not when it was released. It has aged a lot in terms of design, imo.
And probably Skyward Sword the third least but only because it felt like it started to drag on. Even though they do a lot of Crazy things in that game, it felt like it just went on and on and I think it's because they tell you to do something and then split it into 3 or 4 parts for too many times. It does have some of the more interesting items and puzzles in the series, though, and I loved being able to upgrade things.

Come to think of it I don't recall what happens in the two Oracle games... Maybe they were worse than AlttP and Skyward Sword...
Even the Zelda games I liked the least, I still enjoyed more than most other AAA games that have ever been released.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Seriously, screw the ST haters. I voted SS because it was so bad it's the only Zelda game I didn't complete.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#63 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Your placement of Wind Waker sucks. Should be higher on the shitty factor.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@charizard1605: I dunno....all I know is that Ocarina of Time did nothing but tell me where to go so by the time MM came around I was like "this shit is looks the same and was jaded".

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't like mixing 3D and 2D Zelda games. But basically, MM > WW > OoT > TP > SS.

So SS gets the worst award for me. Though, it's still a great game.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Wind Waker is the worst 3D Zelda. The fact that Charizard listed it as one of the best is disgusting. Twilight Princess shits on it, as do Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I guess Spirit Tracks for the 2D ones? I liked Phantom Hourglass, for the most part.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Skyward Sword. I will never understand why some people gave that game a 10 with such weak pacing and patchy world design

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#68 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The actual WORST Zelda game is one that you left out.

great with Friends, terrible Zelda title.

You can play single player with this one, but it's stupid. Why would you? I don't remember if there were more than 4 dungeons in this game. It's so incredibly easy I finished it completely in a single Weekend.

It's just a bad Zelda game.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Your placement of Wind Waker sucks. Should be higher on the shitty factor.

I...I actually agree with you on something.

I need a drink.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FireEmblem_Man

@Blabadon said:

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I voted A Link to the Past just to be a complete asshole. This is my revenge for you not allowing me to vote for Zelda II.

Just like how you wouldn't let me vote for Virtual Boy for worst Nintendo console. I'll have my revenge in the worst way possible. By voting the greatest Zelda game as the worst.