What is going to save the Xbone now?

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@always_explicit said:

Interestingly the answer to the question What is going to save the Xbone now? is...

To keep doing what they are doing, keep releasing the games people want to play, keep pushing the xbox as a family entertainment hub and keep competitive with the price. The success will follow. The PS4 is selling on hype alone and soon that hype will die when consumers realize there is very little to get excited about regarding the ps4.

You'll be saying that the PS4 is selling more than the Xbone based on hype 6 years from now, too. I've accepted reality and realized it isn't hype that's selling it. Maybe some day you'll accept reality as well.

Dont tell me what il be thinking, I cant wait to pick up a PS4 but im not paying its current price in the UK when there are not any games that I personally wish to play on it. Perhaps blanketing its sales strength as hype and hype alone is strong but I personally see very little value in the console at this point and have a number of friends who own PS4's who at least agree they should have waited for the software to follow before the purchase.

My underlying issue with the PS4 is that it became the default purchase for next gen gaming due to poor early decisions made by both MS and Nintendo. Xbox and NIntendo done more damage to their own market share than the PS4 ever did. What the PS4 achieved was a great launch, however a year down the line they are slow bringing anything else to the table, and the competition is hungry to capitalize on those mistakes.

I couldnt care less which company shifts more units quite honestly. The PS4 does need a constant stream of successful, high scoring games....released on time, or they hype will die. When these consoles are not "new" anymore then we will see which consoles retain their value and their fanbase.

You made the assumption that because I prefer the Xbox over the PS4 that I am a fanboy, dont do that, it adds no weight to your argument.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@arkephonic said:
@always_explicit said:

Interestingly the answer to the question What is going to save the Xbone now? is...

To keep doing what they are doing, keep releasing the games people want to play, keep pushing the xbox as a family entertainment hub and keep competitive with the price. The success will follow. The PS4 is selling on hype alone and soon that hype will die when consumers realize there is very little to get excited about regarding the ps4.

You'll be saying that the PS4 is selling more than the Xbone based on hype 6 years from now, too. I've accepted reality and realized it isn't hype that's selling it. Maybe some day you'll accept reality as well.

Dont tell me what il be thinking, I cant wait to pick up a PS4 but im not paying its current price in the UK when there are not any games that I personally wish to play on it. Perhaps blanketing its sales strength as hype and hype alone is strong but I personally see very little value in the console at this point and have a number of friends who own PS4's who at least agree they should have waited for the software to follow before the purchase.

My underlying issue with the PS4 is that it became the default purchase for next gen gaming due to poor early decisions made by both MS and Nintendo. Xbox and NIntendo done more damage to their own market share than the PS4 ever did. What the PS4 achieved was a great launch, however a year down the line they are slow bringing anything else to the table, and the competition is hungry to capitalize on those mistakes.

I couldnt care less which company shifts more units quite honestly. The PS4 does need a constant stream of successful, high scoring games....released on time, or they hype will die. When these consoles are not "new" anymore then we will see which consoles retain their value and their fanbase.

You made the assumption that because I prefer the Xbox over the PS4 that I am a fanboy, dont do that, it adds no weight to your argument.

Yeah, keep saying that it's selling based on hype. You'll be saying that for a long time. Get back to me when Xbone passes PS4 in sales, aka never.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Page 1 of this thread?

Did paraphrasing you throw you off?

There's a difference between paraphrasing and using creative license like Hollywood on a Judge Dredd movie.

Whatever. You said developers were leaving. You have zero proof of that. Zero.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

It doesnt need saving. Coming first in the sales war means zero to those of us that play games fortunately.

Yeah, developer support pulling back after a lousy sales year has never happened before. I mean, it's not like FFXIII or DMC went multiplat last generation for that exact reason or anything.

You really made zero effort to address the point I made it my post. Again its my opinion and your free to disagree with it but there's certainly no need to quote me unless your going to actually address said points. Its a waste of my time and yours.

As aforementioned. The Xbox One doesnt need saving, I buy games I want on the consoles I feel compelled to purchase as and when I decided to purchase them. I dont give a shit how many cases my favourite cereal shifts either as long as it tastes good, if it stops tasting good il change brands. Sounds like you have already made that choice, do what you like, but dont quote me in your shit.

Lol, lemmings and their hypocrisy.

When 360 was leading in sales, it was all about sales previous gen. Oh but now, who cares about sales? LOOOL, hypocrites.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Page 1 of this thread?

Did paraphrasing you throw you off?

There's a difference between paraphrasing and using creative license like Hollywood on a Judge Dredd movie.

Whatever. You said developers were leaving. You have zero proof of that. Zero.

Yeah, developer support pulling back after a lousy sales year has never happened before. I mean, it's not like FFXIII or DMC went multiplat last generation for that exact reason or anything.

I gave proof in the subsequent sentence. Like I said, there's just no getting through.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 arkephonic
@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

It doesnt need saving. Coming first in the sales war means zero to those of us that play games fortunately.

You really made zero effort to address the point I made it my post. Again its my opinion and your free to disagree with it but there's certainly no need to quote me unless your going to actually address said points. Its a waste of my time and yours.

As aforementioned. The Xbox One doesnt need saving, I buy games I want on the consoles I feel compelled to purchase as and when I decided to purchase them. I dont give a shit how many cases my favourite cereal shifts either as long as it tastes good, if it stops tasting good il change brands. Sounds like you have already made that choice, do what you like, but dont quote me in your shit.

When 360 was leading in sales, it was all about sales previous gen. Oh but now, who cares about sales? LOOOL, hypocrites.

Sales are the one of the only objective and factual statistics that you can use to determine who's winning a console war. Arguing gamespot scores, metacritic scores in their reviews is all subjective and it's either an opinion or a collection of opinions. People can argue subjectivity like reviews until they're blue in the face, but you can't argue sales. PS4 is kicking the shit out of the Xbone and that's a cold hard fact that no Lem can argue.

Some other objective things are hardware power and multiplat performance due to the hardware power. PS4 obviously wins those handily as far as consoles go. Subjective things are things like controller preference, UI preference, the look of the system, reviews, all that stuff you can argue all day and no one is ever right or wrong. PS4 wins in every category that leaves no argument to be had.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

What will save Xbox? Smart gamers who know the value of a good system

you get what you pay for

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

Sales are the one of the only objective and factual statistics that you can use to determine who's winning a console war. Arguing gamespot scores, metacritic scores in their reviews is all subjective and it's either an opinion or a collection of opinions. People can argue subjectivity like reviews until they're blue in the face, but you can't argue sales. PS4 is kicking the shit out of the Xbone and that's a cold hard fact that no Lem can argue.

Some other objective things are hardware power and multiplat performance due to the hardware power. PS4 obviously wins those handily as far as consoles go. Subjective things are things like controller preference, UI preference, the look of the system, reviews, all that stuff you can argue all day and no one is ever right or wrong. PS4 wins in every category that leaves no argument to be had.

Ow, you're using the rationality card on lemmings, that won't work.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#159  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Everyone was banking on Sunset Overdrive but it's been a major sales flop, not even cracking the top 10. Everyone was banking on The Master Flop Collection but it flopped hard critically. Neither of these games are going to steal any of the ps4's thunder. If the godlike Mario Kart 8 and soon to be 10/10 Smash Wii U can't propel Nintendo's home console past the ps4, I'd like to know what Xbone has that will.

Sunset Overdrive didn't flop and it did crack the top 10 in all none multiplat games. lol!! MCC flopped here, but still go critically great reviews. A metacritic score of 87 does not equal a flop. Sunset Overdrive bundles were selling out all over in the U.S. So yes, it did move some systems. XB1 had 28 exclusive games coming out in 2015 including Quantum Break, Tomb Raider. Fable Legends, Crackdown, Halo 5, Scalebound, Phanton Dust, Inside and much more. XB1 doesn't need to steal any thunder. Just need to release some extraordinary games in 2015 and sell more systems. Stop grasping troll. You're making a fool of yourself.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@thegreatgeneral said:

Nothing will save that POS and even lemmings know that.

Probably because they know it doesn't need to be saved. lol!! A POS would be the PSP Go. PSTV and the Ouya. XB1 is miles above that crap. The only POS I see is your immature biased comments.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@arkephonic said:

@always_explicit said:

@arkephonic said:
@always_explicit said:

Yeah, keep saying that it's selling based on hype. You'll be saying that for a long time. Get back to me when Xbone passes PS4 in sales, aka never.

it is selling on hype alone, there are no real quality games on it that cant be played on another system. people aren't buying it for the AAA exclusives for it. Sony haven't released anything that screams I need this system MGS4 did it for the ps3, gears did it for the 360.

People have heard its more powerful then the one, and because MS shot themselves in the foot with the original one release people aren't as interested.

If MS pull their finger out and get a good selection of games then sony will have to start to worry as people will switch on to them.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#162  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@blackace said:
@thegreatgeneral said:

Probably because they know it doesn't need to be saved. lol!! A POS would be the PSP Go. PSTV and the Ouya. XB1 is miles above that crap. The only POS I see is your immature biased comments.

LOL.

Say that again after MS pulled out of the console business.

And yes it is a POS, deal with it.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 arkephonic

@blackace said:

@arkephonic said:

Everyone was banking on Sunset Overdrive but it's been a major sales flop, not even cracking the top 10. Everyone was banking on The Master Flop Collection but it flopped hard critically. Neither of these games are going to steal any of the ps4's thunder. If the godlike Mario Kart 8 and soon to be 10/10 Smash Wii U can't propel Nintendo's home console past the ps4, I'd like to know what Xbone has that will.

Sunset Overdrive didn't flop and it did crack the top 10 in all none multiplat games. lol!! MCC flopped here, but still go critically great reviews. A metacritic score of 87 does not equal a flop. Sunset Overdrive bundles were selling out all over in the U.S. So yes, it did move some systems. XB1 had 28 exclusive games coming out in 2015 including Quantum Break, Tomb Raider. Fable Legends, Crackdown, Halo 5, Scalebound, Phanton Dust, Inside and much more. XB1 doesn't need to steal any thunder. Just need to release some extraordinary games in 2015 and sell more systems. Stop grasping troll. You're making a fool of yourself.

Xbox One is doing great, yeah. So long as you're content with last place.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#164 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@arkephonic: isn't the x1 the second fastest selling console of all time? How is that last place?

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

@arkephonic: isn't the x1 the second fastest selling console of all time? How is that last place?

Ark logic = retarded

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Shewgenja

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 arkephonic
@thedork_knight said:

@arkephonic said:

@always_explicit said:

@arkephonic said:
@always_explicit said:

it is selling on hype alone, there are no real quality games on it that cant be played on another system. people aren't buying it for the AAA exclusives for it. Sony haven't released anything that screams I need this system MGS4 did it for the ps3, gears did it for the 360.

People have heard its more powerful then the one, and because MS shot themselves in the foot with the original one release people aren't as interested.

If MS pull their finger out and get a good selection of games then sony will have to start to worry as people will switch on to them.

It's not selling based on hype. It's selling because it's a better system than the Wii U and Xbox One. Wii U may have better exclusives than both but those don't make up for the lack of a 3rd party. The difference between this generation and last generation is the popularity of social media. Social media is where people can see the opinions of real people all around the world and that opinion is that the Xbox One sucks, the Wii U is a joke and the PS4 is awesome. People see on social media that PS4 has the most games, the most power, and isn't viewed as a laughing stock across the world. The Wii U had a really rough start and is getting a little better now in terms of how the world views it. The Xbox One is considered a joke all around the world and you can't give them away in Europe or Japan. The PS4 is the only system that hasn't received an ounce of criticism on social media for anything and that goes a long way. The only criticism PS4 ever gets is from people like here who talk about exclusives, but what they forget is that exclusives don't matter to the masses. They also forget that Xbox One has no exclusives either and Wii U is the only system that does. It's just easy to forget about the fact that Xbox One has no exclusives because it's just 1 of 1000 problems that system has whereas it's the only problem the PS4 has. Plus, the 14 million people who bought a PS4 didn't buy it for exclusives, they bought it for Destiny, GTA V, The Last of Us Remastered, Madden, Call of Duty, Battlefield, NBA 2K, Fifa, and they want a next gen system to play them on. They want the BEST next gen system to play them on, not some joke box like the Xboner.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 arkephonic
@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

Rofl!!

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Crypt_mx

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

What's so funny? Care to elaborate? It may not be selling well vs the PS4, but vs every other console ever released it is doing superbly.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 arkephonic
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

What's so funny? Care to elaborate?

LOL, it's gotten so bad for Lems that being the fastest selling last place console is considered a victory to them.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Crypt_mx

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

LOL, it's gotten so bad for Lems that being the fastest selling last place console is considered a victory to them.

Firstly, I am no lem. I own a PS4/X1 and a modest gaming PC. I enjoy all games on all consoles.

Secondly, it is a victory, seriously. Obviously MS wants to take first place and they are at war with Sony for sales, but if you remove Sony from the picture entirely, the X1 is not doing poorly. That is the misconception that most fanboys have here, they believe that just because the PS4 is selling amazingly it means that the X1 is doing very bad. It's doing just fine, you are the ones who are delusional.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 arkephonic

Also, what I think is funny is how Lems bragged about the 360 having a couple million lead in sales over the PS3 despite having a full 1 year head start all last generation. Fast forward to today and suddenly the PS4 selling OVER TWICE AS MANY units as the Xbox One doesn't matter. The sales gap last gen was negligible, almost non existent. This generation, it's complete and utter domination, not even a competition.

Not only that, Lems bragged all the time about multiplats being superior on the 360. Even then, the PS3 had its fair share of multiplats that performed better and even on the games that performed better on 360, it was never by much. Fast forward to this generation and PS4 wins every head to head by a mile and suddenly it's insignificant.

I've never in my life seen a system be as dominated as the Xboner. It's literally the definition of a piece of shit. It is horrible at everything.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 arkephonic
@Crypt_mx said:

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

Firstly, I am no lem. I own a PS4/X1 and a modest gaming PC. I enjoy all games on all consoles.

Secondly, it is a victory, seriously. Obviously MS wants to take first place and they are at war with Sony for sales, but if you remove Sony from the picture entirely, the X1 is not doing poorly. That is the misconception that most fanboys have here, they believe that just because the PS4 is selling amazingly it means that the X1 is doing very bad. It's doing just fine, you are the ones who are delusional.

But, but, if you just take away Nintendo and Sony, Xbone would be in 1st place!!!

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 StormyJoe

@thegreatgeneral said:
@blackace said:
@thegreatgeneral said:

LOL.

HA HA HA!!! You are so clueless.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Crypt_mx

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

But, but, if you just take away Nintendo and Sony, Xbone would be in 1st place!!!

That's not what I said at all, that's what your fanboy brain interpreted. The Wii U was out for a whole extra year and it's sales are only at 7.2mil as of October. If the X1 was out for the same amount of time it would have more consoles sold than the Wii U and I have a feeling that it will at some point. Point is, it still sold much faster than the Wii U. The only console in history that sold faster than the X1 is the PS4. The X1 has beaten 90% of consoles in terms of units sold within a years time span. I'm not saying that you should just ignore the competition to make the X1 seem better, just know that it's sales are no joke and are not considered poor by anyone minus Sony fanboys. You're seriously comparing great sales to spectacular sales lol everyone's doing well as of now, and there will be no "winner" till the end of the gen. So sit tight, yall have nothing to brag about yet.

The X1 does not need saving. It is a dope consoles with plenty of good games coming and very good sales. The same goes for Sony's console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#177  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts
@arkephonic said:

It's 1st place in his heart, and that's all that matters.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#178 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

# The Xbox One is selling better than the 360 did, and the 360 established Microsoft in the console space, so I wouldn't rule Microsoft out if I were you. It's not going to be number 1 this time, but it's making Microsoft mountains of cash. Acting like the One is doomed because it isn't beating the PS4 in sales seems absolutist.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 StormyJoe

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

The Xbox One may not be selling as well as the PS4, but it is still selling well. It's keeping up in sales with its predecessor.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@StormyJoe said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@blackace said:
@thegreatgeneral said:

LOL.

HA HA HA!!! You are so clueless.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Crypt_mx

@donalbane said:

# The Xbox One is selling better than the 360 did, and the 360 established Microsoft in the console space, so I wouldn't rule Microsoft out if I were you. It's not going to be number 1 this time, but it's making Microsoft mountains of cash. Acting like the One is doomed because it isn't beating the PS4 in sales seems absolutist.

This^^

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Shewgenja

@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

What's so funny? Care to elaborate? It may not be selling well vs the PS4, but vs every other console ever released it is doing superbly.

Let me show you what a relatively slow starting console that went on to do decently did in its first year. Then tell me *I* am being delusional about the XBone again. This is the NPD tracking from the XBox 360 when it launched. Month for month, except the opening November and December, the XBone has been trailing behind the 360.

November 2005 | 326,000
December 2005 | 281,000
January 2006 | 250,000
February 2006 | 161,000
March 2006 | 192,000
April 2006 | 295,000
May 2006 | 221,000
June 2006 | 277,000
July 2006 | 207,000
August 2006 | 205,000
September 2006 | 259,000
October 2006 | 218,000
November 2006 | 511,000
------------------------------------

360 consistently broke the 200K mark every month the year it came out. That's not putting up astronomical numbers, either. It didn't hold a candle to the Wii when it came out but it did edge out the PS3 consistently.

Time and time and time again, this "The XBone is selling okay, just not as good as the PS4" argument gets thrown out there but it doesn't exist in a vacuum irrespective of time and space. For one thing, the Nintendo console isn't exactly cleaning anyone's clock this time around. Another thing, we can still compare the XBone to its predecessor to highlight its failings.

I know pointing this out won't stop anything. People are so high on the arguments that get them through on System Wars that I can set my alarm to someone quoting this post and putting "Moo" in place of the text. Please don't let me smash the delusion.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By arkephonic
@Crypt_mx said:

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@arkephonic said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Crypt_mx said:

LMFAO!!!

That's not what I said at all, that's what your fanboy brain interpreted. The Wii U was out for a whole extra year and it's sales are only at 7.2mil as of October. If the X1 was out for the same amount of time it would have more consoles sold than the Wii U and I have a feeling that it will at some point. Point is, it still sold much faster than the Wii U. The only console in history that sold faster than the X1 is the PS4. The X1 has beaten 90% of consoles in terms of units sold within a years time span. I'm not saying that you should just ignore the competition to make the X1 seem better, just know that it's sales are no joke and are not considered poor by anyone minus Sony fanboys. You're seriously comparing great sales to spectacular sales lol everyone's doing well as of now, and there will be no "winner" till the end of the gen. So sit tight, yall have nothing to brag about yet.

The X1 does not need saving. It is a dope consoles with plenty of good games coming and very good sales. The same goes for Sony's console.

The only thing that matters is how well something sells in relation to its competition. The video game industry is bigger now than it's ever been. The demand for video games is higher than it's ever been. The fact that the systems are selling so well is just a result of how big the industry has become. It's not a result of the Xbox One being some great product. The only way to really measure how well the Xbone is selling is to compare it to its competitors, and in that regard, it's getting obliterated.

For example, if you took the total number of people who have bought the Wii U, PS4 and Xbone, it would be a higher number than the total number of people who bought the PS3, Wii and 360 after 1 year. This is because the demand for gaming as a whole is bigger than it was back then. The demand for gaming grows every generation. The difference between last gen and this gen is a smaller % of the people buying systems are going with the Xbox, so ultimately that's a failure on their part.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#184 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@clone01 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:

No, they pretty clearly stated that the excusivity has a "duration" aka timed.

Stop pretending its not.

Yeah? I dont remember this. Do you have a source for this claim?

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/14/mass-effect-2-set-to-be-a-360-timed-exclusive/

At least for ME 2. I'm not sure about ME1

Thanks, but I dont really see the correlation with Tomb Raider.

ME was a new IP, but Tomb Raider is a franchise close to PS.

So if his argument is that it will not release on PS4, I dont agree.

The point of my post was that Mass Effect eventually went to PS3 even though it took them years to actually do it.

So Rise of the Tomb Raider might hit PS4 and PC eventually, but how long that Duration is we don't exactly know. Thus, my Mass Effect comment.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

Someone with your level of intellect trying to mock me. Talk about the gazelle trying to hunt a lion! HA HA HA HA!!!!

I think you may be confused as to who's who in this relationship. Protip: you sure ain't the lion, WhinyJoke. :)

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Someone with your level of intellect trying to mock me. Talk about the gazelle trying to hunt a lion! HA HA HA HA!!!!

I think you may be confused as to who's who in this relationship. Protip: you sure ain't the lion, WhinyJoke. :)

Sure, I'm not. Here we have GrenadeLauncher, who once again does nothing more than replies to my thread with a one-line comment saying "You're wrong", followed by name calling. Same broken record I have heard 1,000s of times before by people like you. Your brain capacity matches your bovine fanboy namesake. So, perhaps, "gazelle" was to generous for you.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Sure, I'm not. Here we have GrenadeLauncher, who once again does nothing more than replies to my thread with a one-line comment saying "You're wrong", followed by name calling. Same broken record I have heard 1,000s of times before by people like you. Your brain capacity matches your bovine fanboy namesake. So, perhaps, "gazelle" was to generous for you.

But you are wrong. And I've demonstrated multiple times that you are wrong. But you could only cling to your precious straws and scream "Paridee!" for so long before you eventually got so upset you declared you were ignoring me - playground behaviour. A child acts the same as you. Think on that for a bit.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

But you are wrong. And I've demonstrated multiple times that you are wrong. But you could only cling to your precious straws and scream "Paridee!" for so long before you eventually got so upset you declared you were ignoring me - playground behaviour. A child acts the same as you. Think on that for a bit.

I feel as though I must sink to your level. Here goes...

Really, stupid? The XBox One is selling about the same as the 360 did in the same time frame. Not quite as well, but close. And, it will hit over 10 million in cumulative sales by the end of the Christmas season. Is it selling as well as the PS4? No - but then again, no console has except for the Wii. So, you are again proven to be a goddamned buffoon because you can't get through that huge melon on top of your neck that just because widget A is not selling as well as widget B, that doesn't mean widget A is a failure. You'd know that if you weren't such a complete and utter dumb-ass.

See what you made me do? Now I somehow feel like I have somehow lessened myself by typing out something like that. But, my hope is by stooping to that level, you might be able to understand something for a change.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By StormyJoe

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Do you suffer from delusions? you are one of the most immature people on here. the way you change words "paridee" for example, and call people by names you've created.

you need to take a look at your post history i think.

Quoted For Truth.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

That's because he needed zero effort to answer to your 0 effort post. Your affirmation was "Coming first in the sales war means zero to those of us that play games fortunately". Though the X1 may indeed not need saving (that's the part where you're right), Shew's also right in what he said. Third party support is highly dependent on installed base (and other factors as well, as the Wii showed).

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 GrenadeLauncher

@StormyJoe said:

I feel as though I must sink to your level. Here goes...

Really, stupid? The XBox One is selling about the same as the 360 did in the same time frame. Not quite as well, but close. And, it will hit over 10 million in cumulative sales by the end of the Christmas season. Is it selling as well as the PS4? No - but then again, no console has except for the Wii. So, you are again proven to be a goddamned buffoon because you can't get through that huge melon on top of your neck that just because widget A is not selling as well as widget B, that doesn't mean widget A is a failure. You'd know that if you weren't such a complete and utter dumb-ass.

See what you made me do? Now I somehow feel like I have somehow lessened myself by typing out something like that. But, my hope is by stooping to that level, you might be able to understand something for a change.

A little under the 360 at this point, even with the shortages it had in its first year. I'd say 10 mil on the dot by the end of the year against the PS4's 18-20 million. Looking at how much they've had to lop off the price to get it to shift and how MS never talks about Xbox revenue let alone profit, it must be making quite the dent.

Keep sucking up to Simon if it makes you feel better. :)

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@SambaLele said:

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

That's because he needed zero effort to answer to your 0 effort post. Your affirmation was "Coming first in the sales war means zero to those of us that play games fortunately". Though the X1 may indeed not need saving (that's the part where you're right), Shew's also right in what he said. Third party support is highly dependent on installed base (and other factors as well, as the Wii showed).

3rd party support is dependent on success, and you will l note I didn't say he was wrong....neither of us are wrong because we are both stating an opinion. My argument is no more or less valid than his, but I rather than engage in a pointless back and forth I requested not to be quoted in that shit, im not interested in sales wars, or third party wars. My arguments regarding my preferences will largely be based on my personal experiences with both machines, im not going to hunt around for bull shots, statistics and discuss hypothetical situations so I can waggle my epeen around.

Telling me a machine may fail because one day it might maybe perhaps possibly lose third party support is like telling me one day perhaps maybe possibly some other stuff somewhere else might maybe possibly perhaps happen.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

X1 doesn't need saving, its the fastest selling xbox console ever and X1 users have logged a billion more gaming hours than ps4 because ps4 owners have nothing good to play.

go cry

owned.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

X1 doesn't need saving, its the fastest selling xbox console ever and X1 users have logged a billion more gaming hours than ps4 because ps4 owners have nothing good to play.

go cry

owned.

Doesn't mean much