What is going to save the Xbone now?

• 193 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

@RR360DD said:

@notorious1234na said:

@Blabadon said:

Who said MCC isn't gonna sell a shitload of units or that people aren't excited to play four Halo campaigns in one package?

Dumb thread is dumb

well remakes typically don't sell well and a lot of gamers were probably waiting for Halo5 which will be released in I'm guessing October.

From a consumers point of view this collection is not only a cash grab, but stupid since the population of MCC will not to even last a year.

Says who? Halo Anniversary, despite the negative of being pretty much campaign only, sold over 2 million units. I think what you meant to say was that lazy / unwarranted remakes typically don't sell well.

From a consumers point of view, this is great value, not a cash grab.

Considering 7 year old Halo 3 still has an online population, i think MCC will do just fine. This is Halo we're talking about, not Killzone.

Hence the word typically, but I think its safe to assume that anyone with halo fever bought those games already and a usual, this MCC can really only appeals to the few with nostalgia and those who never played a halo game.

Producing anygame and then not supporting it for less than a year is bad business. Even if they fix the online multiplayer for this game I guarantee they are going to stop supporting the servers a couple moths after Halo 5 launches. Moreover, if I recall only one Halo remake prior MCC was made and that was CE. Well that sold poorly on the 360 for the same exact reasons this MCC will sell poorly. Fans of the franchise are waiting for the next installment. They are not going to buy a game they already own.

To be honest, the only remakes I think could sell well are those unknown IPs that haven't been milked to death. I'm talking about games many people forgot about, but has a cult following:

• Bushido Blade
  • Parasite Eve (a proper one)
  • Chrono
  • Beyond Good and Evil
  • Panzer Dragoon

"I think its safe to assume that anyone with halo fever bought those games already and a usual"

Which means nothing. Clearly the whole point of this package has just flown over your head - its as much fan service, if not more, than it is for people who've never played Halo.

"Producing anygame and then not supporting it for less than a year is bad business."

Agreed, but whats that got to do with MCC? MCC is only a week old.

"Even if they fix the online multiplayer for this game"

They willfix the online for this game.

"I guarantee they are going to stop supporting the servers a couple moths after Halo 5 launches."

Okay 3 points to make here. One, you don't have a crystal ball, so you can't guarantee shit. Secondly, the beauty of this game being supported by the Azure network is that its server support can be scaled up or down, depending on demand therefore the chances of them just ending support are very slim. And thirdly, if the day were to ever come that they do stop dedicated servers, the online multiplayer can still be client hosted and therefore still be played.

So no, people will be playing MCC online for years to come.

"Moreover, if I recall only one Halo remake prior MCC was made and that was CE. Well that sold poorly on the 360 for the same exact reasons this MCC will sell poorly."

Selling over 2 million is poor? Really? Okay if we assume CE Anniveraary sold 'poorly', then we can attribute that to the fact it shipped without Halos multiplayer. I also wasn't in the publics eye like MCC is, nor was the hype anywhere near as high.

"They are not going to buy a game they already own."

Its not a game. Its a collection of games, with multiplayer intact and playable online. Thats not even mentioning the exclusive H2A multiplayer.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

What can save xbox?......Probably the billions upon billions of dollars that Microsoft makes every year.

Why would the xbox need saving just because it's lagging in sales behind the PS4, both are selling better than the 360 and PS3 at this point last gen. I don't get how people can say that Xbox needs saving when M$ as a company makes huge profits, yet ignore the fact that Sony is loosing money every second of every day. I mean the Playstation division made a whole 200 million dollars that got eaten by an overall 1.2 billion dollar loss from Sony as a whole. M$ I don't really know the exact numbers but they brought in around 23 billion with 4 or 5 being all profit, and that was for just one quarter. Fiscal year 14 M$ reported 86 billion in revenue at this point M$ is capable of saving the xbox themselves, considering they only lost about 400 million to xbox division.

Let's answer this question why should lems worry about a sales war when Sony will never be in the same ballpark as M$ financially? In M$ first quarter of fiscal year 15 they had more revenue than Sony's over all networth as a company, MS 23 bil in first quarter >>>>Sony's 18 billion as a whole.

If xbox is the second place console this gen M$ will still have the means to try again next gen? That's if there is a next gen, if there is no next gen of game consoles we can pretty much kiss Sony goodbye at this point.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY15/Q1/default.aspx

At this point its starting to look like all cows have to play is sales wars. Hmmm.....I guess those indies must not be too entertaining at this point, or maybe they are but they just aren't enough to warrant bragging rights over XB1 owners.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

There have been a lot of Playstation games that wen't multiplat as well. That's not an indication of 3rd party droppping support. You said:

"Yeah, developer support pulling back after a lousy sales year has never happened before. I mean, it's not like FFXIII or DMC went multiplat last generation for that exact reason or anything."

That's at least the 3rd time you have said it. Where are the links saying "developer support is pulling back"?

*smacks head* Is that really what you were asking? This stuff takes time to develop. No one is going to cut a consoles throat until they flop through their first holiday season (AKA, EA and WiiU). I was just using common sense. Historic precedent, even.

I do, in fact, know the sky will be blue tomorrow. I may not be able to provide a link, though.

So, basically, you are just talking out of your ass and have absolutely no facts to back up what you are saying?

If that's the case, you may want to rephrase your comment to be "I think 3rd party support will start to leave." When you make a statement like what you did, then say "Umm... I have no proof", it is the essence of self-ownage.

Here's a fun fact for you: The XBox One will hit 10 million before the end of the year, if it hasn't done it already. 10 million sales for the 1st year is a success, not a failure. It doesn't really matter if the PS4 is at 13 million, or 16 million (by end of year) - The Xbox One is a viable platform, regardless of how much you want it not to be, and will continue to get 3rd party support.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

So, basically, you are just talking out of your ass and have absolutely no facts to back up what you are saying?

If that's the case, you may want to rephrase your comment to be "I think 3rd party support will start to leave." When you make a statement like what you did, then say "Umm... I have no proof", it is the essence of self-ownage.

Here's a fun fact for you: The XBox One will hit 10 million before the end of the year, if it hasn't done it already. 10 million sales for the 1st year is a success, not a failure. It doesn't really matter if the PS4 is at 13 million, or 16 million (by end of year) - The Xbox One is a viable platform, regardless of how much you want it not to be, and will continue to get 3rd party support.

Shipping 10M in your first year is merely setting yourself up for a bad second year if there's no demand to clean the channel. 10M "sold" isn't 10M sold. In fact, if the XBone falls under the sold-through numbers of the 360s first year DESPITE a 1M unit head start, that will in fact be bad.

And what's up with me having to explain a statement I literally qualified within the statement using historic pretext? I am not changing anything. This bird you cannot change.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Shipping 10M in your first year is merely setting yourself up for a bad second year if there's no demand to clean the channel. 10M "sold" isn't 10M sold. In fact, if the XBone falls under the sold-through numbers of the 360s first year DESPITE a 1M unit head start, that will in fact be bad.

And what's up with me having to explain a statement I literally qualified within the statement using historic pretext? I am not changing anything. This bird you cannot change.

In every other industry w/o direct sales, the units sold are units sold to retailers. Toyota does not say "we sold the most cars this year" based on models sold to consumers - it's models sold to dealers. And, if you searched the internet for console sales right now, you'd know that the XB1 is on a huge uptick, not a downward trend.

Also, you didn't qualify anything. If you want to look at historical context, why not address Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear going 3rd party? It happens on both consoles - you just brought up Xbox because you wanted to make it seem like it's only happening to that platform; which is deceiving at best, but is more just a lie.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So MCC score low here and that makes it flop across the board? It will still sell.

What will save Xbox? Smart gamers who know the value of a good system and library.

Or removing the Kinect, and slashing the price by 50 dollars AND bundle it up with a game. Yeah I think that might be the real reason. I'm just saying :x

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

In every other industry w/o direct sales, the units sold are units sold to retailers. Toyota does not say "we sold the most cars this year" based on models sold to consumers - it's models sold to dealers. And, if you searched the internet for console sales right now, you'd know that the XB1 is on a huge uptick, not a downward trend.

Also, you didn't qualify anything. If you want to look at historical context, why not address Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, or Metal Gear going 3rd party? It happens on both consoles - you just brought up Xbox because you wanted to make it seem like it's only happening to that platform; which is deceiving at best, but is more just a lie.

I totally mentioned FFXIII and DMC going multiplat for that exact reason. Both of those games were announced as PS3 exclusives. Also mentioned Lost Planet being exclusive to Xbox for a while as well as games like Dead Rising, Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant.

Those same market forces are totally at play. It's like you're not reading what I'm writing because you already interpreted it as super ultra mega cow garbage and I'm not getting through to you. It's okay, as that is what I have come to expect from people after I light up the XBone more than a Christmas tree day in and day out.

Now. As far as the sales trends are concerned.. You will simply have to color me skeptical. With the price drop, bundling and launch of a Halo game it would be the absolute height of stupidity for one to assume sales would fly flat. It being the lead-up to the holidays, which are historically strong for the 360 makes it doubly so. However.. It is equally asinine to assume that with all of these stimulating effects firing off all at once at the beginning of November that this is a stable type of growth.

The real sales are in December. Black Friday kicks off the real show here. Ruling the roost for the first two weeks of November is not a free pass. The Master Chief Collection, on top of not being well-received here at Gamespot, is also not a NEW Halo game. Expectations that it will have the same effect that previous titles have had is a large gamble on the part of the person making that assumption. Doubly so considering it is barely in the top 20 on Amazon right now.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

This is still going?

The Xbox One is fine, sure its trailing to the PS4 in terms of sales, but its a great console and the sales are decent enough. Its year one...people need to get some fucking perspective. We have been here before.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@RR360DD: lol sooooooooooooo much salt

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@notorious1234na said:

@RR360DD: lol sooooooooooooo much salt

loooooooooool you got owned

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Notorious1234NA

@Shewgenja: I don't think f13 was ever announced as an exclusive people just assumed. At E3 was when they publicly announced which platforms it would be on and all hell broke loose

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Shewgenja

@notorious1234na said:

@Shewgenja: I don't think f13 was ever announced as an exclusive people just assumed. At E3 was when they publicly announced which platforms it would be on and all hell broke loose

It was. The Tokyo Game Show unveiling video listed it as being for PS3. It wasn't announced cross-platform til E3 '08.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@arkephonic:

That $50 price drop, LoL

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Xbox one is DOUBLING PS4 sales in october in north america!

i expect it will triple ps4 sales in USA during november!

nobody in USA wants to play ps4 games in america...we just dont i don't even see a god of war or anything its all crap games right now like some unknown infamous game that nobody wants like jees nice try sony

kids today have spoken they play xbox live and call of duty and minecraft period an multiplayer games they don't have time for a crappy like infamous or whatever the hell sony is pushing on ps4 i dont even kno

just get the heck out sony.... we dont want u we never did .....were not about u at all in america maybe the euros maybe austrliaians or asians like sony or canadians like sony not here not in the real world tho...

here an america were playing xbox live and like call of duty and minecraft and maybe some creed/halo on the side get wiht the program foreigners

heres what were not playing ps4 games yeah sorry fellas na na were good americas good we dont want ps4s

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

I totally mentioned FFXIII and DMC going multiplat for that exact reason. Both of those games were announced as PS3 exclusives. Also mentioned Lost Planet being exclusive to Xbox for a while as well as games like Dead Rising, Infinite Undiscovery and Last Remnant.

Those same market forces are totally at play. It's like you're not reading what I'm writing because you already interpreted it as super ultra mega cow garbage and I'm not getting through to you. It's okay, as that is what I have come to expect from people after I light up the XBone more than a Christmas tree day in and day out.

Now. As far as the sales trends are concerned.. You will simply have to color me skeptical. With the price drop, bundling and launch of a Halo game it would be the absolute height of stupidity for one to assume sales would fly flat. It being the lead-up to the holidays, which are historically strong for the 360 makes it doubly so. However.. It is equally asinine to assume that with all of these stimulating effects firing off all at once at the beginning of November that this is a stable type of growth.

The real sales are in December. Black Friday kicks off the real show here. Ruling the roost for the first two weeks of November is not a free pass. The Master Chief Collection, on top of not being well-received here at Gamespot, is also not a NEW Halo game. Expectations that it will have the same effect that previous titles have had is a large gamble on the part of the person making that assumption. Doubly so considering it is barely in the top 20 on Amazon right now.

Not in this thread, you didn't. You made a blanked comment "developers are leaving Xbox On in droves", but have and gave zero proof of it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

Not in this thread, you didn't. You made a blanked comment "developers are leaving Xbox On in droves", but have and gave zero proof of it.

Can you quote me where I said that? I tried ctrl+f ing it and I think your green-tinted goggles may be getting the best of you here. I can see a scenario where they will, though, if the XBone doesn't sell-through above 7.5M units this year.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Notorious1234NA

@RR360DD: nope lol, but not worth effort next time use bold though

@Shewgenja: oh

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

the hell kinda of logic is this? regardless of what any of these games score i've still got stuff to play on my x1. more than i can say for any ps4 user lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Shewgenja

@ninjaxams said:

the hell kinda of logic is this? regardless of what any of these games score i've still got stuff to play on my x1. more than i can say for any ps4 user lol.

If only the cold scientific and mathematical realities supported that conclusion. They don't though. At least ignorance was bliss for a year, right?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

next gen Gears of War and halo 5 will save the Xbone.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Still better than Flopclub.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@Shewgenja said:

@always_explicit said:

It doesnt need saving. Coming first in the sales war means zero to those of us that play games fortunately.

Yeah, developer support pulling back after a lousy sales year has never happened before. I mean, it's not like FFXIII or DMC went multiplat last generation for that exact reason or anything.

You really made zero effort to address the point I made it my post. Again its my opinion and your free to disagree with it but there's certainly no need to quote me unless your going to actually address said points. Its a waste of my time and yours.

As aforementioned. The Xbox One doesnt need saving, I buy games I want on the consoles I feel compelled to purchase as and when I decided to purchase them. I dont give a shit how many cases my favourite cereal shifts either as long as it tastes good, if it stops tasting good il change brands. Sounds like you have already made that choice, do what you like, but dont quote me in your shit.

He's just a piece of troll shit ignore him.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Shewgenja:

You better quit ducking me boy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Shewgenja

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja:

I'm not hard to find.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By B4X

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

@Shewgenja:

I'm not hard to find.

You're great at hiding though. Why ignore me.

I won't bite. :p

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Shewgenja

@b4x said:

I've checked all three pages of this thread and I have no idea what you're talking about. Just like I still don't know where I supposedly stated that developers are leaving the XBone in droves.

My conclusion:

I need a secret decoder ring or something that can see invisible internet ink to see the version of System Wars that Lemmings see.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 B4X

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

I've checked all three pages of this thread and I have no idea what you're talking about. Just like I still don't know where I supposedly stated that developers are leaving the XBone in droves.

My conclusion:

I need a secret decoder ring or something that can see invisible internet ink to see the version of System Wars that Lemmings see.

Lemmings.. Just truth facts. You know like the eurogamer and gamespot PS4 year 1 reviews. That sound like they were stealing my material over the last six months.

The halo sticky... You know your dumbass killzone comparisons.

A reply would be nice. I want to test how high you can stack shit. :p

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

So by "saved" are we talking take the lead over the PS4? That won't happen. But I would hardly call the Xbox One a failure. It's selling better than the 360 did at this point. While I'm sure Microsoft would rather be "winning" I think they will be ok this gen.

Why won't that happen? People keep saying that the X1 will never catch the PS4 in sales but I've yet to see any sensible reasons posted anywhere why it won't. People give Sony and the PS brand far more credit than it actually deserves. MS have been busting their asses fighting an uphill battle against constant negativity trying to make the X1 appeal to gamers since launch what has Sony done? The X1 is a well rounded system with it's own great exclusives which is now being sold in more countries and gamers who rushed out to purchase a PS4 first will eventually buy an X1 as well, just as they did with the PS3 which should increase X1 sales exponentially. I just believe that all this "it will never happen" is just wishful thinking on some peoples part.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Ever notice how the only people saying "what can save the Xbox One" are cows? Guess want milk-makers, no one else thinks the XBox One needs saving.

Pretty much everyone except lems recognises the Xbone as dead in the water, StormyJoke.

Oh look, another post by GrenadeLauncher. Once again, filled with nothing more substantive than the opposite of what the original poster said followed by name calling.

The epitome of a "cow".

I've tried arguing with you but you just stick your head in the sand and cry about "Paridee!" Easier to just mock you now. :)

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#131 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I think it will be fine.

It won't sell PS4 numbers and it's struggling to beat WiiU (which is kind of sad), I still think it'll do fine in the long run.

Remember Tomb Raider is still Xbox One Exclusive.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Can you quote me where I said that? I tried ctrl+f ing it and I think your green-tinted goggles may be getting the best of you here. I can see a scenario where they will, though, if the XBone doesn't sell-through above 7.5M units this year.

Page 1 of this thread?

Did paraphrasing you throw you off?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 StormyJoe

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@StormyJoe said:

Ever notice how the only people saying "what can save the Xbox One" are cows? Guess want milk-makers, no one else thinks the XBox One needs saving.

Pretty much everyone except lems recognises the Xbone as dead in the water, StormyJoke.

Oh look, another post by GrenadeLauncher. Once again, filled with nothing more substantive than the opposite of what the original poster said followed by name calling.

The epitome of a "cow".

I've tried arguing with you but you just stick your head in the sand and cry about "Paridee!" Easier to just mock you now. :)

Someone with your level of intellect trying to mock me. Talk about the gazelle trying to hunt a lion! HA HA HA HA!!!!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5848 Posts

Please provide proof MCC is a flop, otherwise stop making these stupid threads.

It has issue yes, a flop most certainly not.

In the UK (where I am) its top of the charts and selling well.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I think it will be fine.

It won't sell PS4 numbers and it's struggling to beat WiiU (which is kind of sad), I still think it'll do fine in the long run.

I think you are the one that needs to remember something.

Tomb raider is a timed exclusive. The only thing this will achieve is hurt the franchise but not help to push the xbone.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Shewgenja

@StormyJoe said:

Page 1 of this thread?

Did paraphrasing you throw you off?

There's a difference between paraphrasing and using creative license like Hollywood on a Judge Dredd movie.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#137 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I think it will be fine.

Tomb raider is a timed exclusive. The only thing this will achieve is hurt the franchise but not help to push the xbone.

They neither confirmed nor denied that Tomb Raider is a timed Exclusive.

Just so you know, Mass Effect 1 and 2 were "Timed Exclusives" too.

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@LegatoSkyheart said:

No, they pretty clearly stated that the excusivity has a "duration" aka timed.

Stop pretending its not.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Yeah? I dont remember this. Do you have a source for this claim?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

Stop pretending its not.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/14/mass-effect-2-set-to-be-a-360-timed-exclusive/

At least for ME 2. I'm not sure about ME1

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5848 Posts

@thegreatgeneral said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

I think it will be fine.

Unless they advertise it as a timed exclusive. People will see it available on Xbox One and not on PS4. There for the real world will get an Xbox One to play it.

You don't see it saying timed exclusive in the shops. The only reason to do it is to help that console. So your wrong it will help the Xbox One.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Timed exclusive.....

TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
@clone01 said:

@thegreatgeneral said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

Stop pretending its not.

@LegatoSkyheart said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/14/mass-effect-2-set-to-be-a-360-timed-exclusive/

At least for ME 2. I'm not sure about ME1

Thanks, but I dont really see the correlation with Tomb Raider.

ME was a new IP, but Tomb Raider is a franchise close to PS.

So if his argument is that it will not release on PS4, I dont agree.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Xbox one is DOUBLING PS4 sales in october in north america!

i expect it will triple ps4 sales in USA during november!

nobody in USA wants to play ps4 games in america...we just dont i don't even see a god of war or anything its all crap games right now like some unknown infamous game that nobody wants like jees nice try sony

kids today have spoken they play xbox live and call of duty and minecraft period an multiplayer games they don't have time for a crappy like infamous or whatever the hell sony is pushing on ps4 i dont even kno

just get the heck out sony.... we dont want u we never did .....were not about u at all in america maybe the euros maybe austrliaians or asians like sony or canadians like sony not here not in the real world tho...

here an america were playing xbox live and like call of duty and minecraft and maybe some creed/halo on the side get wiht the program foreigners

heres what were not playing ps4 games yeah sorry fellas na na were good americas good we dont want ps4s

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

WTF...hahhaa

PS4 on top of the xbox one on amazon again $399 no games beating the $350 assassin creed XBO bundle.? What the hell...hahaha

So that bold part confirm it then you are a 14 year old kid,my god that explain that rage toward gamespot calling it stupid..hahahaha

@tdkmillsy said:

Please provide proof MCC is a flop, otherwise stop making these stupid threads.

It has issue yes, a flop most certainly not.

In the UK (where I am) its top of the charts and selling well.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-masterchief-collection-discussion-thread-game-31644560/#1241

On the very start of the page you will see a poll,that poll say 88% of the voters voted that MCC would receive even a 9 or better score on gamespot.

The game got a 6..

http://www.gamespot.com/the-master-chief-collection/

That means Halo flop... Period now accept it and move on...

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Plus, the broken online debacle regarding MCC has stormed social media and you know how important first impressions are to casuals. Even if they fix the online, the casuals won't even know about it, just how the casuals still think the xbone is the same system as the 2013 reveal.

First impression is everything in this industry.

Tell that to the PS3

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

@dommeus said:

@arkephonic said:

Plus, the broken online debacle regarding MCC has stormed social media and you know how important first impressions are to casuals. Even if they fix the online, the casuals won't even know about it, just how the casuals still think the xbone is the same system as the 2013 reveal.

Tell that to the PS3

PS3 had a slow start due to price point. Something MS didn't learn....but Sony has always sold consoles. MS is more a niche console maker as they have not dominated world wide ever. And never came in first.....

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 always_explicit

@dommeus said:

@arkephonic said:

Tell that to the PS3

Haha yeah its like last gen never even happened isnt it?

People forget what happened the gen before and write everything off as "impossible" and other blanket statements based on their own half ass analysis of an industry they think they understand because they can put a disc in slot. The best thing about system wars is laughing at the idiots who genuinely believe the nonsense they spout.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Shewgenja

It's all happening according to plan.. It appears sales are trending back to the PS4.. Wasn't expecting it to happen quite this soon, though. I guess this hissy fit after DriveClub the Lems had and the subsequent "Oh my god, we outsold the PS4 for 10 days and all it took was a price drop, bundling and a Halo game" thing was fun while it lasted.

It was a good run Lems. Kiss your hopes of November domination goodbye, though.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 always_explicit

Interestingly the answer to the question What is going to save the Xbone now? is...

To keep doing what they are doing, keep releasing the games people want to play, keep pushing the xbox as a family entertainment hub and keep competitive with the price. The success will follow. The PS4 is selling on hype alone and soon that hype will die when consumers realize there is very little to get excited about regarding the ps4.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_12

The $400 PS4 core, non-bundled console is outselling the $350 Xbone Ass Creed Unity bundle. It's also outselling the MCC.

You know what else is outselling the MCC?

Just Dance, Madden, Borderlands, GTA V, both Pokemon versions, Smash 3DS, Smash Wii U, Far Cry 4 and Minecraft.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts
@always_explicit said:

Interestingly the answer to the question What is going to save the Xbone now? is...

To keep doing what they are doing, keep releasing the games people want to play, keep pushing the xbox as a family entertainment hub and keep competitive with the price. The success will follow. The PS4 is selling on hype alone and soon that hype will die when consumers realize there is very little to get excited about regarding the ps4.

You'll be saying that the PS4 is selling more than the Xbone based on hype 6 years from now, too. I've accepted reality and realized it isn't hype that's selling it. Maybe some day you'll accept reality as well.