What company does the most milking in your opinion?

• 84 results
Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11704 Posts

1. Activision

2. EA

3. Nintendo

HM: Ubisoft

Vaativids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Vaativids
Member since 2021 • 337 Posts

Define “milking”.

(Yo… You better not be one of them… complaining about women breast feeding in public…)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Nintendo, easily. And I like their games.

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 923 Posts

@paradocs said:

Capcom, Street Fighter and Resident Evil 4 alone is ridiculous. lol

Atleast their re-releases of old games aren't $60

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9432 Posts

I think EA, Actiblizz, and Take-Two are the most egregious offenders. They employ predatory techniques to take advantage of their customers.

Nintendo charging a lot bc they know their customers will pay is more cute than predatory. They are still mostly up front about it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#56  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts

Back in the days:

Capcom - Super Turbo Ultra Gold Ultimate edition

Nowadays:

Tencent - Pay to win

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18261 Posts

Easily Activision Blizzard, if you still follow some of their games, you will realize how ridiculous it can get.

With that being said and as a sheep, i hate to admit that Nintendo has been pretty awful for some time now.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

Nintendo for sure. Sony is a close 2nd but can’t top Nintendo. Both of these companies have rabbid fans who will do anything, say anything to defend them, no matter how illogical the argument is. Nintendo knows it can create underpowered hardware and it’ll be justified. They don’t care how many people cry for better hardware, you’re gonna buy what you’re given. They don’t care what games you cry for, you’ll play what they feed you. They got enough people to buy cardboard boxes for a few years, they know you’ll do as they say.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Back in the days:

Capcom - Super Turbo Ultra Gold Ultimate edition

Nowadays:

Tencent - Pay to win

Yeah, good point on Tencent.

It isn't just the Riot Games department of it that is greedy beyond belief. The entire corporation is incredibly prone to milk its consumers.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

It's'a me, Nintendo!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1345 Posts

Easily EA

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@navyguy21:

I'll send you a Gregg's steak bake from here in the UK as compensation 😁

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#63  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts

When people accuse a company of "milking", isn't that just another way of saying that the company has products that consumers actually want? So if Nintendo can be accused of "milking", what does that say about Sony and Microsoft?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9898 Posts

Yeah Nintendo seems like the correct answer overall. But no game has been more milked than GTA5. That is the goldstandard in the milking racket.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 450 Posts

Nintendo for sure.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Nintendo for sure. They want $350 for that OLED Switch but didn't even have the decency to fix the busted drifting joy-con issue that they were completely aware of. That's a huge screw you to the consumer imo

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Lol, yeah probably Nintendo. But they all do it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

@dzimm said:

When people accuse a company of "milking", isn't that just another way of saying that the company has products that consumers actually want? So if Nintendo can be accused of "milking", what does that say about Sony and Microsoft?

Would you stop being a cultist for a second and accept the fact that no companies approach Nintendo when it comes to milking their fanbase? Its time to stop living in denial. Even hrt_rulz01 accepted the fact, which is very surprising on its own.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3496 Posts

Nintendo - Too many Mario games. Must be in the hundreds.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#70 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Ubisoft.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Honestly, I thought it was just about the big three. Knowing it's about all the companies, no one beats mobile game companies like MiHoYo or any mobile devs out there.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dzimm
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

Would you stop being a cultist for a second and accept the fact that no companies approach Nintendo when it comes to milking their fanbase? Its time to stop living in denial. Even hrt_rulz01 accepted the fact, which is very surprising on its own.

Ah, you're just mad because I'm right.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hardwenzen

@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

Even on SW, everyone in this thread agrees that the answer is Nintendo, and you're delusional enough to think that you're the one that's right? Stop living on a pink cloud, and accept the fact that Nintendo is milking more than even Apple.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44679 Posts

Nintendo, while many companies will re-release stuff, they'll charge the most for that privilege.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 pyro1245

@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

Even on SW, everyone in this thread agrees that the answer is Nintendo, and you're delusional enough to think that you're the one that's right? Stop living on a pink cloud, and accept the fact that Nintendo is milking more than even Apple.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MWUG2LL/A/pro-stand

I'll just leave this link to Apple's $1000 monitor stand here........ You know, the one that doesn't come with the monitor......

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dzimm
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

Oh, I don't deny that Nintendo is engaging in behavior that could be described as "milking". I'm only pointing out that this could be interpreted as them simply having products that are actually in demand.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Still Nintendo.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#79  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

I was going to say Nintendo, and then R* announced the price of the GTA remastered trilogy after removing the standard versions from all the distribution platforms. But that's not why I'm going with them, this just reminded me that GTA V is about to get it's second remaster, and that they haven't made a new one because they are too busy adding skins to the old one. GTA V will make more money this year, than most games will make in their lifespan. At least when some idiot gets milked by Mario, they will have a platformer, a racer, an rpg, a fighter, and a few sports games to show for it.

Also Tecmo KOEI deserve an honorable mention for DOA having $2000 worth of dlc.

...Also Activision, EA, and Ubisoft.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@pyro1245 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dzimm said:

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MWUG2LL/A/pro-stand

I'll just leave this link to Apple's $1000 monitor stand here........ You know, the one that doesn't come with the monitor......

I am well aware of the shit Apple does. Locking content behind $20 toys that get scalped ain't better.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pyro1245

@hardwenzen: Well at least you can get around that with a raspberry pi ;)

Fuuck Amiibo

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#82  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Nintendo or Apple? One company locks pay-to-win microtransactions behind useless plastic figurines, while another is selling a $19 piece of rag.

Hmm. Tough choice.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I think Nintendo is up there. They locked virtual console games behind a pay wall instead of letting people just buy them. There's also the locking stuff behind amiibo. As for ports, I don't mind the remasters for the most part, but at least do the game justice. Super Mario 3D Allstars should've been way better. So there goes my vote. How about you, SW? What company does the most milking in your opinion?

Nintendo hands down..

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2312 Posts

There is only one company that has had the balls to sell cardboard at a premium price and that is good old nintendo

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#85 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

Instead of complaining on which companies "milks" the most, why not stop buying from them and encourage others to do the same? All this complaining is just empty talk.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#86 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

I don't think anyone would argue that it's easily Nintendo. That said, I won't be the least bit upset when they stop with the Wii and WiiU ports and hopefully start releasing some new games. The next game I'm getting (very soon as a matter of fact) is the Mario Party remaster which is actually from the N64 era... so I guess I can't complain too much since I still support the shit, but I would MUCH rather have a new Mario Party or Mario Kart.

I guess while I wait I can play the same games I've been playing for 15-20 years though.