What can save the Xbox ONE now??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#251 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Xbox One has already done quite a bit of harm to itself through weaker specs and alienating customers and their loyalty with that whole DRM fiasco. The only way I see Xbox recovering to its last gen status is exclusives. IMO, MS needs to pump their funds into getting out lots and lots of new IP's to create a reason to buy an XBOX ONe over the PS4.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#252 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

They need to put that PoS down like old yeller

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#253 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Perhaps collecting all the lemming tears using them to power DX12 will save it.

You forgot to add TV, TV, TV, TV, SPORTS, SPORTS,TV, SPORTS.....

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#255 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts
@donalbane said:

It's selling better than the PS3 or the 360 did at the same point in it's lifespan. It's selling 60% more than the Xbox 360 did during the same timeframe, in fact. It seems hard for people here to understand that success for a platform is not a zero sum game with the success of it's competition. Just because the PS4 is doing great doesn't mean the Xbox One is doomed.

Dumb people are dumb. The Xbox One is doing fine. However, I don't think comparing sales to last gen is entirely relevant. Microsoft paid dearly for the launch of the 360, and I think they put heavy emphasis on making sure consoles weren't defective and plentiful. And I think Sony also streamlined their production line. You have to remember when comparing sales to last gen that those consoles were flying off the shelves too (less so ps3 compared to Xbox 360), but that means however many million units sold for the Xbox 360 was how many units were out in the world, give or take a few.

So, in a way, the Xbox One is selling worse than the Xbox 360 because at this point in the 360's lifespan, you couldn't find one a store shelf to save your life, and Xbox One's are in abundance. Either way, there's really not anything to worry about with the Xbox. It's a perfectly fine console. The games are fun. There's good stuff on the way, just like the PS4. Both consoles will fare well.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#256 HalcyonScarlet  Online
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Aside from one gen, it has been outsold by a foreign competitor before though. This is not NEW, earth shattering news.

Think how long that gen was. 8 whole years, to then lose it while they were on top for so long. Earth shattering? Maybe not, interesting, definitely. Not to mention unexpected and surprising.

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@misterpmedia said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@PAL360 said:

Save from what? The fact PS4 is selling better doesnt mean X1 is not selling well. Its still doing alot better than last gen consoles!

Exactly. Now if the cows are done circle jerking into each others eyes, maybe they might make a thread about the PS4 or play a game on it or something. Not much to play huh?

Also did the PS3 need saving last gen when the Wii was spanking it in sales?

Is the bold a fair bit of bitterness towards the fact that there's no real system wars drama to make threads about regarding the PS4?

No lol, it's that there's nothing to talk about with the PS4 good or bad,

Well that sucks for you I guess, the good is in the PS4 lobby. Negative news is prime rib for system wars lobby, that's why Xbone is talked about on here so much.

Still misunderstanding, the cows haven't even got anything good to say about PS4. Never make threads on it.

Negative, I understood plain, I just cut through your fanboy bs to call you out. The good news is in PS4 lobby. There's next to no bad news for PS4 so you won't find it on this lobby. You may not think it's good news, but the good news is there, hence why I said it's sucks for you that you can't see it. Simples.

Come on now, we've been here far too long to believe that BS. If there was anything worth talking about, it's gonna be in here first.

Resolution gate stuff maybe, sure. But again that's console Vs console, and bad news for Xbone.

No, we talk about everything here.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

The Xbox One is doing fine, selling a million a month, exclusives coming and its all good.

Nowhere near a million, lemming.

"Games are coming! Just you wait and see!" Nah, son.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@misterpmedia: why you think its damage control because its not your way of thought? Its not about the average between x1 itself so that stat is not the topic stop being sooooooo mad it makes you ps fanboys having ps.

Doesn't matter about different ways of thinking, your way of thinking is factually wrong. All you're doing is applying math to something and going with the outcome when in reality that's not actually how it is. Please stand by your borked claims at least, you are scrambling for anything now.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@doll94 said:

It doesn't need saving.

This, it's behind the PS4 good and everyone knows it.

Dont twist my words and turn it into some fanboy bullshit.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

8 years, yes. Compared to 2 straight gens, around 10 years and absolute dominance? This is just Sony being the most recognizable, favored console in the industry. MS lost their momentum at E3 last year, and they will pay for it this gen. But lets not act like Sony did the improbable here, when they have dominated the US market twice before.

And that makes it all the more interesting. Comparing financial statuses between Sony and MS, how the PS3 was a disaster and continued as one for quite some time for the first third or quatre of those 8 long years, did anyone really expect(before 2013) for Sony to hit the ground running with their new console? I for sure as hell didn't. MS this big wealthy company could have easily taken advantage of this newly found victory and trodden Sony into the ground and out of the console business. But some how Sony came back to slap MS upside its head. They may have dominated prior gens but to be sufficiently knocked off the top spot to then retake it is waaaay more significant. Also MS lost their momentum when they announced the first Kinect.

@HalcyonScarlet and what I've been saying is that negative xbone news is popular here because it's dramarific and in abundance. Soon to be refueled with more resolutiongate as more multiplats release this year.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#261  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

If MS got rid of mandatory Kinect, I'd immediately get 100% more interested in buying the console. I don't want that garbage, I don't need that garbage, and as long as MS insists it's part of the package I'll insist that they can go kiss my ass.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@cainetao11 said:

It only needs saving in the minds of you PS fanboys. X1 is out pacing its predecessor and only Wii and ps4 are have sold faster. Doesn't sound like dire straits to anyone with common sense in business

this^

you know what the sad part is? That everyone here shares one thing in common. we all love video games. I mean why else would anyone post on a video game forum? and MS is doing everything and jumping through hoops to deliver games while sony has made promises they haven't come through on. deep down has gone quiet, so has the order. drive club delayed to oblivion, big layoffs and projects canceled etc. meanwhile MS has been focusing on actually bringing games to gamers, and people who are sony fanboys are trashing them?

Not everyone who disagrees with or criticizes MS' philosophy is a Sony fan. Constructive criticism is just that...and not knowing the difference shows ones self to be the fan boy.

MS surely has its times when it deserves some criticism, as do all companies. But the ones rooting for them to fail or saying they ruin gaming, those are the rabid sony fanboys. and yes sony fanboys as hermits and sheeps don't root for a company to fail.

And I see MS fans doing that to Nintendo and Sony. And hermits do it as well to all companies.

Its true, most of the fanboys are idiots, but you see it a lot more from the sony fans. maybe they are the loudest and most obnoxious? i mean when i think of the biggest idiot here, i think of tormentos

Then you are an idiot.

tormentos posts more facts and correct information than any xbox fanboy here. Him being a "fanboy" doesn't stop him from bringing up good points and making solid arguments which he does more often than not.

On what grounds would you call him an idiot BTW? If your response is something along the lines of "he is a Sony fanboy who argues with other fanboys who hate sony" then your post is pretty worthless isn't it? This then would make you a worse poster than tormentos.

At least we know if tormentos made an argument he would have some links and some stats to back an argument that had more weight to it than yours.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I think the better question is what is going to save the PS4 from another 12 months of waiting for greatness?? Sony loves to talk about games, but yet they have none! The Order will be a late 2014 release at best. Drive Club might hit this Fall...MAYBE! Deep Down?? Uncharted wont hit until 2015. Where is God of War? Where is LBP? Indies aren't going to continue to keep the PSBore afloat!!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: so are you a lem again? Welcome back.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 HalcyonScarlet  Online

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

8 years, yes. Compared to 2 straight gens, around 10 years and absolute dominance? This is just Sony being the most recognizable, favored console in the industry. MS lost their momentum at E3 last year, and they will pay for it this gen. But lets not act like Sony did the improbable here, when they have dominated the US market twice before.

And that makes it all the more interesting. Comparing financial statuses between Sony and MS, how the PS3 was a disaster and continued as one for quite some time for the first third or quatre of those 8 long years, did anyone really expect(before 2013) for Sony to hit the ground running with their new console? I for sure as hell didn't. MS this big wealthy company could have easily taken advantage of this newly found victory and trodden Sony into the ground and out of the console business. But some how Sony came back to slap MS upside its head. They may have dominated prior gens but to be sufficiently knocked off the top spot to then retake it is waaaay more significant. Also MS lost their momentum when they announced the first Kinect.

@HalcyonScarlet and what I've been saying is that negative xbone news is popular here because it's dramarific and in abundance. Soon to be refueled with more resolutiongate as more multiplats release this year.

But half of it isn't news, it's spin threads from cows.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 misterpmedia

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

how is it?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By HalcyonScarlet  Online

@misterpmedia said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

how is it?

Well you take some mild piece of news and spin it into worst case scenarios and teh doom and glooms. It's taking a fact and layering it with extreme opinions and predictions.

'What can save Xbox One now?' Melodramatic, no?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 misterpmedia

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

how is it?

Well you take some mild piece of news and spin it into worst case scenarios and teh doom and glooms. It's taking a fact and layering it with extreme opinions and predictions.

'What can save Xbox One now?' Melodramatic, no?

Oh I agree with your opinion on this thread sure, thought you meant that all negative news for Xbone was purely fanboy created, which it definitely isn't. With you now though.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I would buy a Kinectless Xbone at $399 any day.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#273 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@donalbane said:

It's selling better than the PS3 or the 360 did at the same point in it's lifespan. It's selling 60% more than the Xbox 360 did during the same timeframe, in fact. It seems hard for people here to understand that success for a platform is not a zero sum game with the success of it's competition. Just because the PS4 is doing great doesn't mean the Xbox One is doomed.

Dumb people are dumb. The Xbox One is doing fine. However, I don't think comparing sales to last gen is entirely relevant. Microsoft paid dearly for the launch of the 360, and I think they put heavy emphasis on making sure consoles weren't defective and plentiful. And I think Sony also streamlined their production line. You have to remember when comparing sales to last gen that those consoles were flying off the shelves too (less so ps3 compared to Xbox 360), but that means however many million units sold for the Xbox 360 was how many units were out in the world, give or take a few.

So, in a way, the Xbox One is selling worse than the Xbox 360 because at this point in the 360's lifespan, you couldn't find one a store shelf to save your life, and Xbox One's are in abundance. Either way, there's really not anything to worry about with the Xbox. It's a perfectly fine console. The games are fun. There's good stuff on the way, just like the PS4. Both consoles will fare well.

I hear what you are saying, and agree about the comparison of last gen and this gen, but the reason I think sales are better this time is largely due to the fact that the Xbox One is easier to get now... Microsoft learned from their supply shortages last time. Not invalidating what you are saying... I agree... I just think they learned their lesson. Well, one lesson anyway.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Xbox One will be fine, Microsoft are big boys I'm sure they know what they're doing.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

You people are idiots...is/was the 360 a success? Yes....is the One outpacing the 360 in sales? Yes

There is your answer

i think ms execs are stupid. despite all the yes to your question, they practically gave away titanfall and price cuts for what? call it panic mode, but they are panicking because they arent in first... that is one thing lemmings cant answer without shooting themselves in the foot. 4 mil sales in the first 6 months should be great for a more expensive console.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#276  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

First disagreement is go back to the heart of last gen here and read some threads. Cows never believed Sony was defeated. This mindset is spoken of NOW to enhance Sony and the PS4s success. Funny how that spin works. Are you REALLY telling me you thought after a lackluster gen Sony wasn't going to come hard this gen? I knew before reveal they would make a much easier to develop for console since that was a major knock on the PS3. It was common sense. And crazy as it seems, people at MS thought they were going to capitalize with an "it really does everything, hands free" approach. But they failed at policy and marketing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 cainetao11

@kinectthedots said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@cainetao11 said:

It only needs saving in the minds of you PS fanboys. X1 is out pacing its predecessor and only Wii and ps4 are have sold faster. Doesn't sound like dire straits to anyone with common sense in business

this^

you know what the sad part is? That everyone here shares one thing in common. we all love video games. I mean why else would anyone post on a video game forum? and MS is doing everything and jumping through hoops to deliver games while sony has made promises they haven't come through on. deep down has gone quiet, so has the order. drive club delayed to oblivion, big layoffs and projects canceled etc. meanwhile MS has been focusing on actually bringing games to gamers, and people who are sony fanboys are trashing them?

Not everyone who disagrees with or criticizes MS' philosophy is a Sony fan. Constructive criticism is just that...and not knowing the difference shows ones self to be the fan boy.

MS surely has its times when it deserves some criticism, as do all companies. But the ones rooting for them to fail or saying they ruin gaming, those are the rabid sony fanboys. and yes sony fanboys as hermits and sheeps don't root for a company to fail.

And I see MS fans doing that to Nintendo and Sony. And hermits do it as well to all companies.

Its true, most of the fanboys are idiots, but you see it a lot more from the sony fans. maybe they are the loudest and most obnoxious? i mean when i think of the biggest idiot here, i think of tormentos

Then you are an idiot.

tormentos posts more facts and correct information than any xbox fanboy here. Him being a "fanboy" doesn't stop him from bringing up good points and making solid arguments which he does more often than not.

On what grounds would you call him an idiot BTW? If your response is something along the lines of "he is a Sony fanboy who argues with other fanboys who hate sony" then your post is pretty worthless isn't it? This then would make you a worse poster than tormentos.

At least we know if tormentos made an argument he would have some links and some stats to back an argument that had more weight to it than yours.

I call him an idiot at times because he defends a console he does not own. I do post positive things about the X1 because I have hands on experience as an owner of the console. Pulling up tech links and facts, but ignoring the fact that its all subjective to the individual in terms of a games quality is idiocy. He rips on Titanfall, but has never played it. He doesn't have a new gen console at all. I'll take an opinion from someone like @SolidTy anyday because the guy plays games on almost everything and gives you an open minded, from experience view.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

When the PS3 was selling 50-70k a month in the US it was the doomed. How did that turn out?

Xbox One is pulling over average a quarter million a month since launch.

I would love a bowl of Hyperbole for breakfast. It's delicious.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

First disagreement is go back to the heart of last gen here and read some threads. Cows never believed Sony was defeated. This mindset is spoken of NOW to enhance Sony and the PS4s success. Funny how that spin works. Are you REALLY telling me you thought after a lackluster gen Sony wasn't going to come hard this gen? I knew before reveal they would make a much easier to develop for console since that was a major knock on the PS3. It was common sense. And crazy as it seems, people at MS thought they were going to capitalize with an "it really does everything, hands free" approach. But they failed at policy and marketing.

You can talk about last gen all you like, it's better to look back and reflect to see what was really happening but not live in it and apply the same rules. There will always be blind defenders but lot's of people cared about how poorly the PS3 was created and delivered. It's spoken of now because it was true, no conspiracy there m'fraid. However the PS3 got better and it's with the good nature that it finally brought is more than likely why more people accept that Sony fucked up big time at the start, granted they managed to rope ladder out of that shit storm eventually. And you're asking me? I honestly didn't know what the hell Sony was going to be aiming for this gen. It makes common sense now but didn't think about it at the time, all I was thinking was whether to go Xbox or PlayStation this gen whereas originally it would have just been, when do I buy the next PlayStation? Didn't fancy getting burned twice. From hearing of the ease of development with the hardware was a good start but at that time it could have meant nothing/anything in comparison to what MS was going to bring to the table. Turns out that wasn't the case. They failed by pegging down too many companies that do different things as competition.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#280 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

TF was bundled etc and Xbone actually showed a decrease in sales :/ :/

Makes sense to me, the game wasn't system seller material. It only sold to the unfortunate current owners of Xbone's. I think a DRASTIC price cut is in order.. You can't sell a weak Lotus for 100 grand more than a Ferrari

$300 Kinectless bone perhaps?

There wasn't any decrease in sales you moron. It actually sold almost 100K more then the previous month.

All it needs is more quality exclusive games, a price cut and a new SKU without the Kinect and it will sell just fine. It's actually selling much better then last gen game consoles and theXbox 360 didn't even have any competition for the first year. The XB1 is outselling the Xbox 360, with terrible hype, higher price and only being released in 13 countries. LOL!! That's actually amazing.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#281 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Oh yeah, I forgot you can't actually have intelligent, rational conversations or debates in system wars.

If you're not the lead platform then you're doomed, regardless if the system is outpacing it's predecessors.

Rather, it's Sony fanboys you can't have intelligent rational conversations with.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#282 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@cainetao11 said:

this^

Then you are an idiot.

No he doesn't. He copies and pastes numbers that have no meanings and that he doesn't even understand. When corrected by actual programmers, he ignores it and then will post other numbers. He uses conjecture to prove his side of an argument but dismisses other people who use conjecture which is a double standard and shows how hard headed he is. He also doesn't understand crap when it comes to how software and hardware work together and the numbers he quotes doesn't take a lot of things into account. He also refuses to accept that software can make hardware run better which is basically the equivalent of not believing that 1 + 1 = 2. And that is just off the top of my head.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#283  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Probably nothing at this point, as it's hard to justify buying a weaker console that costs more than the PS4. Perhaps it'd be more productive for Microsoft to retire the Xbox brand, and auction off all their gaming IPs and studios. If that happens, I'm all but certain that Sony will get out of their way to buy 343 Industries along with the Halo IP just to spit on the Xbox.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#284  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

both Nintendo and M$ dropped the ball this gen by making those crap consoles. The Xbone for being expensive and weaker than the competition, and the Wii U for having an utterly pointless gimmicky second screen no one asked for and not to mention overpriced as ****. They might sell better after a massive price-cut but they'll never be competition to the PS4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By cainetao11

@misterpmedia:

Ok. We'll have to just agree to disagree. I have been reading and posting here since the start of last gen, and I don't buy that many Cows were upset about the PS3. The post history says differently. I do believe cows like the drama of being an on the ropes fighter who was an 8-1 underdog and somehow are rallying for a knock out. If we don't look at the past we're doomed to repeat. MS sure didn't look at the past!!! LOL. Sony is company that dominated the US market twice, and lets be real, they may have lost to 360 last gen but it wasn't anything overwhelming. I am not surprised at all by PS being ahead world wide or in America, because Sony isn't the underdog, they are the favorite.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#286 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Makes sense to me, the game wasn't system seller material. It only sold to the unfortunate current owners of Xbone's. I think a DRASTIC price cut is in order.. You can't sell a weak Lotus for 100 grand more than a Ferrari

There wasn't any decrease in sales you moron. It actually sold almost 100K more then the previous month.

All it needs is more quality exclusive games, a price cut and a new SKU without the Kinect and it will sell just fine. It's actually selling much better then last gen game consoles and theXbox 360 didn't even have any competition for the first year. The XB1 is outselling the Xbox 360, with terrible hype, higher price and only being released in 13 countries. LOL!! That's actually amazing.

So than titanfall kinda flopped. Considering how much to holy hell it was hyped.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 blackace

@flashn00b said:

Probably nothing at this point, as it's hard to justify buying a weaker console that costs more than the PS4. Perhaps it'd be more productive for Microsoft to retire the Xbox brand, and auction off all their gaming IPs and studios. If that happens, I'm all but certain that Sony will get out of their way to buy 343 Industries along with the Halo IP just to spit on the Xbox.

I think you're lost. Fantasy Land is down the street, in the park, down the rabbit hole in that large tree. lol!! XB1 is selling better then last gen systems, so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. M$ isn't hurting for funds as they keep having billion dollar profits every quarter. Meantime, Sony is still selling building & stocks, as well as laying off over 8000 employees just to make ends meet. With every PS4 sold they are actually losing even more money. So it's highly unlikely the XB1 would retire before the PS4 does.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#288 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Hasn't the Xbox One doubled its sales compared to the Xbox 360 during the same time on sale?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 cainetao11

@flashn00b said:

I see where you're coming from. It didn't need justification from me. I like the media and convenience features, sort of like cows didn't want to get up to change a disc last gen. I don't want to pick up my remote and change the input on my HDTV. And I don't have to. Most of all its the games. I cant play Halo or Fable Legends on a WiiU or PS. But I cant play Uncharted or GoW on an X1, so I'll own both as usual.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@blackace said:

@flashn00b said:

I think you're lost. Fantasy Land is down the street, in the park, down the rabbit hole in that large tree. lol!! XB1 is selling better then last gen systems, so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. M$ isn't hurting for funds as they keep having billion dollar profits every quarter. Meantime, Sony is still selling building & stocks, as well as laying off over 8000 employees just to make ends meet. With every PS4 sold they are actually losing even more money. So it's highly unlikely the XB1 would retire before the PS4 does.

When you say selling better than last gen....do you take into fact inventory?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By misterpmedia

@cainetao11 said:

@misterpmedia:

Ok. We'll have to just agree to disagree. I have been reading and posting here since the start of last gen, and I don't buy that many Cows were upset about the PS3. The post history says differently. I do believe cows like the drama of being an on the ropes fighter who was an 8-1 underdog and somehow are rallying for a knock out. If we don't look at the past we're doomed to repeat. MS sure didn't look at the past!!! LOL. Sony is company that dominated the US market twice, and lets be real, they may have lost to 360 last gen but it wasn't anything overwhelming. I am not surprised at all by PS being ahead world wide or in America, because Sony isn't the underdog, they are the favorite.

I'm content with that.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#292 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I'll take an opinion from someone like @SolidTy anyday because the guy plays games on almost everything and gives you an open minded, from experience view.

My only post in this thread; I don't mind it one bit. :P

My take is the Xbone is doing fine and E3 is around the corner...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:

@cainetao11 said:

I'll take an opinion from someone like @SolidTy anyday because the guy plays games on almost everything and gives you an open minded, from experience view.

That's why even when we have disagreed, I can take what you say well. You are open minded, and gaming first. I try to be as well. If someone hasn't experienced a game or console or generation, its hard to take their defending a particular product seriously.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@cainetao11 said:

That's why even when we have disagreed, I can take what you say well. You are open minded, and gaming first. I try to be as well. If someone hasn't experienced a game or console or generation, its hard to take their defending a particular product seriously.

I agree 100%. That's what I say.

In fact, you summed it up so well, you get a QFT! :)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@donalbane said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@donalbane said:

I hear what you are saying, and agree about the comparison of last gen and this gen, but the reason I think sales are better this time is largely due to the fact that the Xbox One is easier to get now... Microsoft learned from their supply shortages last time. Not invalidating what you are saying... I agree... I just think they learned their lesson. Well, one lesson anyway.

Absolutely. I mean, bringing the ps4 into the discussion, ps4's are being produced at a faster rate than last gen, and they're still selling out across the board, so that certainly says something about demand, but they're also out in more territories than the Xbox One, so I'm curious to see a country-by-country sales chart for both systems to see just how far ahead the ps4 is in each region.

But the fact remains, two weeks before Christmas, I walked into a store and bought an Xbox One off the shelf. When I asked, the store said they had "plenty," with a laugh. So, the demand certainly hasn't been there compared to last gen, but then again, the ps3 was in this exact same spot in 2006, and it was 100$ more expensive. Even the Wii U was hard to come the holiday it launched.

What these comparisons really come down to, though, are apples and oranges for lack of a better phrase. This generation is in a different state than the beginning of the last one. And with that, I think the Xbox One is going fare far better than the people already writing it off are claiming with their... Genius insight, or whatever...

I've had quite a bit of fun with mine, and I think I enjoyed the launch lineup better than ps4's. Killzone was the pretty, "Look at what my new system can do," game, and I loved it for what it was -- and it was a hell of a lot better than Ryse -- but I'd have to say I had a lot more fun playing Dead Rising 3, and despite the forced hate from the Sony side, I think people would have eaten that game up had it released on ps4.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

mountain jew

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 blackace

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

So than titanfall kinda flopped. Considering how much to holy hell it was hyped.

It's already sold over 1 million copies and it was #1 for the month of March. How is that a flop? It outsold Infamous SS. What does Titanfall have to do with anything I said abive? The XB1 is still selling great compared to last gen.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

sorry xbone is dying. If you think xbone is gonna remain this gen ur brain got mental problems. ps4 got what xbone got but ps4 is more powerful faster smarter n cheaper. a true next gen system, the only system this gen that's the best ihmo

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300  Edited By blackace

@_SWAG_ said:

sorry xbone is dying. If you think xbone is gonna remain this gen ur brain got mental problems. ps4 got what xbone got but ps4 is more powerful faster smarter n cheaper. a true next gen system, the only system this gen that's the best ihmo

No one cares about your biased opinion. Both systems will sell million and do just fine this generation. XBox One isn't going anywhere because Microsoft makes billions in profits and they've already said it's here for the long haul. So take your opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine. As long as Sony gets their financial situation in order, they will be here till the end of the generation as well. I don't think Kaz Hirai will be however. Specs are meaningless. The Wii & PS2 were both the weakest systems and they both sold over 100 million units. It's all about the GAMES, not the system's specs or how powerful it is. Learn about the gaming industry. Do some research.