SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45133 Posts

So many games to play.. should I play Starfield? Baldur's Gate 3? Continue my playthrough of Octopath Traveler 2? or Armored Core 6? Ohh I really want to finish Ace Attorney Chronicles Part 1.. just so many games to play🫠 What about you, SW? What will you be playing this weekend?

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Just finished RE Village. Can't understand the hate. Game is amazing, especially in VR. Might replay that.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic

@nod_calypse: though I only tried the PSVR2 version for a couple hours, it was very impressive. Looking forward to RE4 in VR!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18798 Posts

@nod_calypse: @SolidGame_basic:

But it's 1st the weekend of the 2023 NFL season which kicks off tonight.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8856 Posts

I'm playing Starfield

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38897 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

Just finished RE Village. Can't understand the hate. Game is amazing, especially in VR. Might replay that.

Laughable story. Now, if they didn't try their hardest to have one, nobody cares about a story in RE, but when you're trying, and its this goofy, its just cringe.

Ethan as a character is the worst addition to the RE franchise.

Linear garbage level design.

Dogwater atmosphere outside of the first part of the game when you're in the village.

ZERO enemies variety. Even Starfield has more things to kill.

Gunplay felt really arcady, and in the worst possible way imaginable.

Last third of the game was Call of Duty Zombies and not a RE game. No idea wtf was Capcom thinking.

Zero horror or tense elements in a RE game (outside of that baby thingy, but you barely see it once).

Still to this day, this is my biggest waste of money on gaming in the last 5 years, or more. To think that i bought it day one is still triggering me.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14806 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

I enjoyed it as well. I put more hours into it than 7, though I preferred 7. Village was similar to RE 4 in setting and progression.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44210 Posts

I thoroughly enjoyed Resident Evil Village, excellent game.

As for this weekend I recently picked up Armored Core VI for the XSX and tried some of it the other day. Really digging it so far. Might play a bit more of that. Will also be playing more Starfield and Sea of Stars.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Armored Core VI and maybe TOTK.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: I played a couple hours of Baldur's Gate 3. I could tell it's mighty good!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:

Laughable story.

Not at all, it's a great story. Ethan's occultic mother loses herself through spiritual transgression, though it was not her intended route. Ethan, in turn, comes to realize he has lost himself through his intended route, whilst bodily, unwittingly subscribing to an unclean spirit. It's the most mature RE story, by far.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69532 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@SolidGame_basic said:

@nod_calypse: though I only tried the PSVR2 version for a couple hours, it was very impressive. Looking forward to RE4 in VR!

Exploring Castle Dimitrescu in VR is a bit of a dream come true for me. I love old castles, and that one is designed brilliantly.

Can't wait for RE4VR, too. This is what I got a PSVR 2 for, that and Firewall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@SOedipus said:
@nod_calypse said:

I enjoyed it as well. I put more hours into it than 7, though I preferred 7. Village was similar to RE 4 in setting and progression.

Yeah, I put in about 20 hours on my first playthrough. Really took my time. Loved every moment. It's a lot better than 7, imo. I think Village is one of, if not THE, best looking games I've played from an artistic standpoint.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@nod_calypse said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:

Laughable story.

Not at all, it's a great story. Ethan's occultic mother loses herself through spiritual transgression, though it was not her intended route. Ethan, in turn, comes to realize he has lost himself through his intended route, whilst bodily, unwittingly subscribing to an unclean spirit. It's the most mature RE story, by far.

And all i am seeing here is trying too hard to be taken seriously while also, in the same game, riding a god damn mech and ordering tactical strikes with Chris. Its a shitshow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:

Laughable story.

And all i am seeing here is trying too hard to be taken seriously while also, in the same game, riding a god damn mech and ordering tactical strikes with Chris. Its a shitshow.

To each his own. Crazy though, playing that shit got my emotions up. Maybe it's a parent thing, who knows.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6083 Posts

Currently playing Atlas Fallen, should have it beat by Saturday, and won't be playing anything on Sunday as our electricity company is doing "upgrades" in our area all day, so road trip Sunday it is..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hardwenzen

@nod_calypse said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:
@hardwenzen said:
@nod_calypse said:

Laughable story.

To each his own. Crazy though, playing that shit got my emotions up. Maybe it's a parent thing, who knows.

Really? Jesus.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@hardwenzen: Yeah, ain't ashamed.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3480 Posts

Just received FF16 through the post today. Can't wait to play it over the weekend :D

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11613 Posts

Finished BG3 last week, Went to the backlog and started P5R, gonna see if I can knock it out before Phantom Liberty.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2034 Posts

Sea of Stars and Apex Legends. Might do nightmare dungeons on diablo 4 if my mates are on

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SolidGame_basic

Played an hour of Starfield... I know it's only an hour, but it didn't grab my attention. Wasn't like my first time playing Skyrim or Fallout 3 where it felt like you were about to embark on something cool.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@fedor said:

Finished BG3 last week, Went to the backlog and started P5R, gonna see if I can knock it out before Phantom Liberty.

How long was your BG3 playthrough?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11613 Posts

@hardwenzen: Around a hundred hours or so.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56131 Posts

Continuing on with Starfield for the most parts, but also reinstalled Witcher 3 and even though the game is 8yrs old, it is still impressive it's still a good looker on PC with its RT and goodness. Still need to finish BG3 but I'm hoping to get both Starfield & BG3 done before MK1 releases as I'm hyped for that game but mostly doing it for Homelander lol.

Edit: As for Resident Evil: Village, I never understood the hate it got here on SW? The PC version was fine on my end and even when it had Denuvo, I was still able to enjoy the game. Beat it like 3 times.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#27  Edited By strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I am playing Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut PS5. I have 9 hours with it so far on my new play through. On the PS4 version, I had 43 hours and didn’t finish it.

I am also waiting for Baldur‘s Gate 3 to download.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17429 Posts

Only Starfield, game is so good now.

It was a pretty slow 7 or 8 hours since there's so much to take in and figure out.

I just finished the United Colonies faction quiestline (was like 6hrs on its own) and it was better than a lot of games I've played, lots of twists.

Really looking forward to the pirate quest line, I hear it's pretty good as well.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#29 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

Starfield and Sea of Stars.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41536 Posts

LEGO Marvel's Avengers

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Quake I and II

Borderlands

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 744 Posts

Starfield

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8239 Posts

Starfield

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Finish up the #1 highest rated game of 2023 - Baldurs Gate 3. 137 hours, I should be done soon? Can't wait to start my second and third runs (already made the characters)

The I'll play the #51 highest scoring game of 2023, S7arfield

Maybe some Armoured Core 6, but I'm stuck on a boss :(

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46328 Posts

Starfield

It's the no.1 game System Wars can't stop talking about.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@strategyfn: Go for it.

Ghost of Tsushima was my first platinum trophy ever (I now have 9). Easiest platinum trophy of any main stream game imo.

And you should look forward to playing this years GOTY! Enjoy

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts
@davillain said:

Edit: As for Resident Evil: Village, I never understood the hate it got here on SW? The PC version was fine on my end and even when it had Denuvo, I was still able to enjoy the game. Beat it like 3 times.

Performance for me was good as well. Game sucked though, and many, myself included, have explained our reasons why.

But since you ask:

Almost the whole game is like playing an interactive movie. Scripts everywhere.

Combat is terrible. Why does RE4 from 2005 have more advanced combat?

So much nonsense. A house with creepy dolls and a big mutant baby? Like.. why? Makes you think the devs just went and asked a random person "think of something scary and we'll qiuckly put it in the game. Great, now onto the next thing!". Made no sense other than an attempt at impressing people who don't think.

Found all callbacks to RE4 annoying, as the game wasn't even close to as good as RE4. Take the beginning of the game when you go around the village, for example. Compare that to when you do the same in RE4. Village beginning was a script, RE4's was a game.

Way too easy. Played on Hardcore, and I'm pretty sure it only made the terrible combat last a little longer. Game showered you with ammo and healing that you could keep in your huge ass inventory.

Too linear. First it seems like there are many places to go, but you're constantly set on just one path. I remember them putting the "lords" on your map as in telling you that you can tackle them in any order, then forces you to House Beneviento.

Basically, you can watch the game on YT or a streamer to get the same experience.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

I'll be playing Blasphemous 2. And possibly Risk of Rain 2 with friends.

Also reinstalling Monster Hunter World since I'm really tired of waiting for a new MH. Haven't played it since new PC parts, and I always think it's fun to fire up old games and see how much better they run. I was a 1080p gamer last time I played it.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1257 Posts

Everyone who has Starfield is playing Starfield...Millions upon millions of people!

And for those who haven't they will be watching theradbrads starfield walkthrough.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12986 Posts

Starfield of course. The game is a masterpiece. I can’t get enough!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3415 Posts

Starfield and it's possible that I won't be playing much more for the rest of the year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#41 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69532 Posts

@navyguy21 said:

It was a pretty slow 7 or 8 hours since there's so much to take in and figure out.

I just finished the United Colonies faction quiestline (was like 6hrs on its own) and it was better than a lot of games I've played, lots of twists.

Really looking forward to the pirate quest line, I hear it's pretty good as well.

I might have to try out that questline. I am exploring base building and that is a chore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx said:

Looked at your avatar, thought, damn, 94%? Then went to meta, saw this

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17429 Posts

@Pedro said:
@navyguy21 said:

I might have to try out that questline. I am exploring base building and that is a chore.

Almost every review that Ive watched has recommended saving base building until later in the game because it is a chore to figure out and you dont understand the purpose. I can definitely agree with that. Im 27hrs in and I dont see the point of it yet. Ive mostly done side quests and that's what led me to the United Colonies quest by total accident.

I love how all of these quests are intertwined with others. I was actually trying to do the Vanguard quest line. After my first mission, I met a character who had asked for help from Vanguards...........it was a character from the UC. It was crazy how i got side tracked for almost 7hrs lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@davillain said:

As for Resident Evil: Village, I never understood the hate it got here on SW?

Yeah, same. The game is dope.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

Playing: Nothing but BG3 since it came out

Talking about: Starfield😆😆😆

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Lol, the pic shows 91%. Not only are you scouring alternative scoring sites, but you're not even getting the score right.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2936 Posts

Starfield obviously. I have only played it for 1 hour, as I have been busy with work. I also want to continue my space journey in Everspace 2.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:

Lol, the pic shows 91%. Not only are you scouring alternative scoring sites, but you're not even getting the score right.

Cows this past week:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@kvallyx: lol