osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

Finished up Bayonetta Origins last week. Very enjoyable game. Overall good job Platinum.

So now i'm starting into Bayonetta 3 and continuing my play of Arkham City. Though, where i am, the weather is very toasty so i'm not keen on using my PC for games at the moment. Not out of concern for my PC mind...the cooling is certainly sufficient. More to avoid getting myself cooked :S. We don't do air con where i live and desk fans can only do so much. So just need to suck it up for a couple more days. I'm having second thought about having a monitor so big (it belches out heat) and a PC that uses a fair chunk of power when running hard. Come winter though it will all even out.

Anyway will continue with these 2 until Phantom Liberty comes out. Then I'll switch to that (and hopefully this dam heat will be gone. Bring the RAIN!!).

Mind you I wont be playing many games this week because the RUGBY WORLD CUP IS HERE!!!!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Remnant 2... a game that's not exclusive to one console, so no one's talking about it. Also Walkabout mini golf on PSVR 2 for some chill play. New course released yesterday.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9586 Posts

I'm 15 hours into BG3 so that is at the top of the list. Sea of Stars and DC Dual Force (ranked just went live) are at the top as well. There are a lot of games to play right now, and never enough time.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14009 Posts

Buttoning up Fist of The North Star: Lost Paradise, then jumping back into Sifu and it's newest arena dlc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22402 Posts

Sonic Origins Plus and Dredge on Switch.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Change of plans. Gonna start up a Diablo 2 Resurrected run.

Qui-Gon-Milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Qui-Gon-Milk
Member since 2022 • 182 Posts

Starfield

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#58 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2593 Posts

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom; If it's like breath of the wild i can end it anytime now, but i'm doing sidequests, after that, dunno, maybe a soulslike game or a metroidvania, I'm kinda in the mood for them.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#59  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Starfield - xbox

Borderlands got enhanced on steam deck.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56311 Posts

@Litchie said:
@davillain said:

Edit: As for Resident Evil: Village, I never understood the hate it got here on SW? The PC version was fine on my end and even when it had Denuvo, I was still able to enjoy the game. Beat it like 3 times.

Performance for me was good as well. Game sucked though, and many, myself included, have explained our reasons why.

But since you ask:

Almost the whole game is like playing an interactive movie. Scripts everywhere.

Combat is terrible. Why does RE4 from 2005 have more advanced combat?

So much nonsense. A house with creepy dolls and a big mutant baby? Like.. why? Makes you think the devs just went and asked a random person "think of something scary and we'll qiuckly put it in the game. Great, now onto the next thing!". Made no sense other than an attempt at impressing people who don't think.

Found all callbacks to RE4 annoying, as the game wasn't even close to as good as RE4. Take the beginning of the game when you go around the village, for example. Compare that to when you do the same in RE4. Village beginning was a script, RE4's was a game.

Way too easy. Played on Hardcore, and I'm pretty sure it only made the terrible combat last a little longer. Game showered you with ammo and healing that you could keep in your huge ass inventory.

Too linear. First it seems like there are many places to go, but you're constantly set on just one path. I remember them putting the "lords" on your map as in telling you that you can tackle them in any order, then forces you to House Beneviento.

Basically, you can watch the game on YT or a streamer to get the same experience.

Fair enough Litchie. I guess I prefer the FPS in RE mainly for the immersion and the horror thriller it comes with. Plus I like Ethan Winters but that's my opinion.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ShadyAcshuns  Online
Member since 2023 • 278 Posts

I'll mostly be watching college and pro football this weekend. Maybe I can squeeze a little Rune Factory 3 Special in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Litchie said:
@davillain said:

Edit: As for Resident Evil: Village, I never understood the hate it got here on SW? The PC version was fine on my end and even when it had Denuvo, I was still able to enjoy the game. Beat it like 3 times.

Performance for me was good as well. Game sucked though, and many, myself included, have explained our reasons why.

But since you ask:

So much nonsense. A house with creepy dolls and a big mutant baby? Like.. why? Makes you think the devs just went and asked a random person "think of something scary and we'll qiuckly put it in the game. Great, now onto the next thing!". Made no sense other than an attempt at impressing people who don't think.

Found all callbacks to RE4 annoying, as the game wasn't even close to as good as RE4. Take the beginning of the game when you go around the village, for example. Compare that to when you do the same in RE4. Village beginning was a script, RE4's was a game.

Way too easy. Played on Hardcore, and I'm pretty sure it only made the terrible combat last a little longer. Game showered you with ammo and healing that you could keep in your huge ass inventory.

Too linear. First it seems like there are many places to go, but you're constantly set on just one path. I remember them putting the "lords" on your map as in telling you that you can tackle them in any order, then forces you to House Beneviento.

Basically, you can watch the game on YT or a streamer to get the same experience.

Fair enough, your opinion. But, also fair, is that the vast majority would disagree with you, to say the least.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#63 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@Litchie said:
@davillain said:

But since you ask:

Fair enough, your opinion. But, also fair, is that the vast majority would disagree with you, to say the least.

They had nothing to play that year! Salty Steam fans begrudgingly accepted their 2021 GOTY as Village since the alternate options we're admitting the evil empire Microsoft themselves put out two incredible games that year (Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 - both available on Steam mind you) or admitting Nintendo flat stomped everyone again with the impeccable Metroid Dread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Sam3231 said:
@nod_calypse said:
@Litchie said:
@davillain said:

But since you ask:

They had nothing to play that year! Salty Steam fans begrudgingly accepted their 2021 GOTY as Village since the alternate options we're admitting the evil empire Microsoft themselves put out two incredible games that year (Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5 - both available on Steam mind you) or admitting Nintendo flat stomped everyone again with the impeccable Metroid Dread.

lol, riiiiiiiiiight

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70118 Posts

@Litchie said:

But since you ask:

The bold was clear in the demo and I knew that the game was just going to be an interactive movie experience. Thanks for the confirmation. I got the same feeling with Final Fantasy XVI demo. I have yet to finish the demo because the story which they are force feeding the player was painfully boring.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34719 Posts

@nod_calypse: The taste of the vast majority of gamers is fucking terrible. Don't care about what microtransaction swallowing movie-game playing morons we call gamers today think of.. anything. Everyone who's opinion I do care about dislikes the game.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8783 Posts

I'll be playing RE: Village. And maybe Approaching Infinity since the last big update. Too many changes. I've been away for a while. Maybe I can deal with it eyes anew.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@Litchie: Again, fair enough. Opinions are fine to have. It just so happens that your opinion on Village is in the extreme minority. Most people think it's outstanding, and so did critics, largely. That shouldn't bother you, though. No need to call anybody a moron for simply liking a game. Your opinion is yours.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#70 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34719 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

@Litchie: Again, fair enough. Opinions are fine to have. It just so happens that your opinion on Village is in the extreme minority. Most people think it's outstanding, and so did critics, largely. That shouldn't bother you, though. No need to call anybody a moron for simply liking a game. Your opinion is yours.

Yeah, that wasn't a dig at you or anyone here who likes Village, though it did come out that way, my apologies. That was just a rant about the average gamer of today. Only going with what's popular would be terrible, so when someone says "but it got these rewards" or something similar, I tend to get annoyed.

If someone who loves Village could go a bit in depth about why they love it over something like RE2, I'd love to hear about it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#71 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26112 Posts

Sea of Stars is so good.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

Back to Astral Chain.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#73 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

Played about 14 hours of Starfield and decided to restart the campaign since I made a tonne of mistakes from the beginning. Don’t know if it’s the right decision or not?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

Not playing much lately, maybe some Sniper Elite 4. Started a new game of LA Noire, I'll see if I like that.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

Hades. Trying 25 heat and above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
@Litchie said:
@nod_calypse said:

Yeah, that wasn't a dig at you or anyone here who likes Village, though it did come out that way, my apologies. That was just a rant about the average gamer of today. Only going with what's popular would be terrible, so when someone says "but it got these rewards" or something similar, I tend to get annoyed.

If someone who loves Village could go a bit in depth about why they love it over something like RE2, I'd love to hear about it.

Yeah that's cool. Fair enough.

So, personally, I separate "modern" RE with older RE. I just can't compare the two eras. Older RE games are nothing like the new ones, really. Totally different design philosophies. RE0-3, plus Veronica, would be older. Anything later, 4-8, Revelations, is modern, I'd say. 4 is where the series really split into new territory.

For the older games, 2 is king imo. And I'm not even talking the remake. The original RE2 is a masterpiece.

Anyway. Reasons I like Village. First off, the proper implementation of isolationist dogma. Castle Dimitrescu is the cornerstone of revisionist evil, in that it seeks to portray itself as the facade of evil with a capital E, masquerading as an idol. Lady Dimitrescu herself is the false Beast, an actual Beast, mind you, but one that does not contain the keys to the kingdom, per se. Only the Mother, herself a grotesque reversal of the Father, knows the hour, if we're talking biblically. And make no mistake, Village is a direct reversal of the Bible. Mother Miranda seeks power, but is not inherently possessive of it; her source of motivation is worldly, a disconnection with her child, which leads her down the left-hand path of insanity. Her love knows no bounds, and is thus burning out of control. In her quest to be godhead, she seeks to utilize worldly, as well as occult, methodology to make a Lazarus of her child. This is not what the Father does, nor the Son, both of which are inherently miraculous. Mother Miranda is bound by her flesh, and liberated in a false sense by forbidden tools and methods. One of her tools is her children, not her true child, but those she bequeaths occultic powers to via said taboo methods. She literally transmits her insanity, like a virus, and the result is the four lords, who are the absolute embodiment of pure evil, in that evil is at its worst when it is disconnected from sanity in a literal psychological lake of fire scenario where there is no coming back. There is no return for Lady Dimitrescu and company, unlike in 7 with the Bakers, because not only have they been infected, but they have accepted positions of prestige within the false god's kingdom. The really interesting aspect of this is that each domain is tinged with the respective lord's personality. None of them are identical, and far from it: Castle Dimistrescu is a reflection of extreme anemic royalty, with the very inward-turning design of the halls and wings being cannibalistic symbolically; the doll house is the captured essence of the dawdling child, her personality compartmentalized and segregated in order to deal with trauma, the "baby" in the house being the symbol of the core personality run amok, needing love, and not finding it, and thus driven to perversity; the fish-man domain, as i call it, if the symbolic representation of arrested development, in that fish represent evolution's beginnings, and we see this played out in the absurd abyss of Moreau's self-esteem issues; the factory is the embodiment of rebellion, a place of construction, where Heisenberg attempts, in vain, endlessly, to "build" a reality above that of the Mother, not realizing, or else refusing to see, that he is essentially trying to square the circle.

I could go on, but that's a big part of why I like this game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#77 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59229 Posts

Was gonna try finish off the 3 Quake II expansions but too fucking hot to do anything. Gonna lie in bed and watch James Bond.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3469 Posts

@brimmul777: Isn't the beauty of these kind of games that they allow you to make mistakes and "wrong" choices?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#79 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6104 Posts

@kathaariancode: It is. But I wasn’t very far into the campaign and I wanted to repick my skills and such. I’m not very experienced with RPG’s and I wouldn’t have known better whether or not to start over or just continue with campaign I started with. I’m experienced with games like Halo,Battlefield,Dead Space …etc.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7272 Posts

Been on a racing kick getting ready for Forza Motorsport. Forza horizon 5 has spoiled the racing genre nothing comes close.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8446 Posts

@nod_calypse said:
@Litchie said:
@nod_calypse said:

Yeah that's cool. Fair enough.

So, personally, I separate "modern" RE with older RE. I just can't compare the two eras. Older RE games are nothing like the new ones, really. Totally different design philosophies. RE0-3, plus Veronica, would be older. Anything later, 4-8, Revelations, is modern, I'd say. 4 is where the series really split into new territory.

For the older games, 2 is king imo. And I'm not even talking the remake. The original RE2 is a masterpiece.

Anyway. Reasons I like Village. First off, the proper implementation of isolationist dogma. Castle Dimitrescu is the cornerstone of revisionist evil, in that it seeks to portray itself as the facade of evil with a capital E, masquerading as an idol. Lady Dimitrescu herself is the false Beast, an actual Beast, mind you, but one that does not contain the keys to the kingdom, per se. Only the Mother, herself a grotesque reversal of the Father, knows the hour, if we're talking biblically. And make no mistake, Village is a direct reversal of the Bible. Mother Miranda seeks power, but is not inherently possessive of it; her source of motivation is worldly, a disconnection with her child, which leads her down the left-hand path of insanity. Her love knows no bounds, and is thus burning out of control. In her quest to be godhead, she seeks to utilize worldly, as well as occult, methodology to make a Lazarus of her child. This is not what the Father does, nor the Son, both of which are inherently miraculous. Mother Miranda is bound by her flesh, and liberated in a false sense by forbidden tools and methods. One of her tools is her children, not her true child, but those she bequeaths occultic powers to via said taboo methods. She literally transmits her insanity, like a virus, and the result is the four lords, who are the absolute embodiment of pure evil, in that evil is at its worst when it is disconnected from sanity in a literal psychological lake of fire scenario where there is no coming back. There is no return for Lady Dimitrescu and company, unlike in 7 with the Bakers, because not only have they been infected, but they have accepted positions of prestige within the false god's kingdom. The really interesting aspect of this is that each domain is tinged with the respective lord's personality. None of them are identical, and far from it: Castle Dimistrescu is a reflection of extreme anemic royalty, with the very inward-turning design of the halls and wings being cannibalistic symbolically; the doll house is the captured essence of the dawdling child, her personality compartmentalized and segregated in order to deal with trauma, the "baby" in the house being the symbol of the core personality run amok, needing love, and not finding it, and thus driven to perversity; the fish-man domain, as i call it, if the symbolic representation of arrested development, in that fish represent evolution's beginnings, and we see this played out in the absurd abyss of Moreau's self-esteem issues; the factory is the embodiment of rebellion, a place of construction, where Heisenberg attempts, in vain, endlessly, to "build" a reality above that of the Mother, not realizing, or else refusing to see, that he is essentially trying to square the circle.

I could go on, but that's a big part of why I like this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf

@brimmul777 said:

@kathaariancode: It is. But I wasn’t very far into the campaign and I wanted to repick my skills and such. I’m not very experienced with RPG’s and I wouldn’t have known better whether or not to start over or just continue with campaign I started with. I’m experienced with games like Halo,Battlefield,Dead Space …etc.

Wait, is respeccing an option? Haven't looked that up.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

Armoured core 6

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#84 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 363 Posts

Mostly stuff on my Switch, like The Outer Worlds and Saints Row IV. I'm very pleased with the port of SRIV and the game is still an absolute blast.