What are some of your PlayStation Memories?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Sony have started something really smart recently by releasing a PlayStation History trailer that gives a quick overview of PlayStations history starting from the PS1 to the PS4 which made people around the internet talking and posting about some of their favorite or funny moments from playing on a PlayStation system like in here: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18173/article/the-funniest-tweets-of-playstationmemories/

So System Wars users what have been some of your PlayStation memories? something funny or amazing that happened while playing on a PlayStation system?

To start first some of my PlayStation memories are:

• Leaving my PlayStation 1 on for days and days just because i didnt have a memory card.
  • Watching Kingdom Hearts opening every single time i booted the PS2
  • Playing Harry Potter as my very first PS1 game and remembering i thought it was the best looking game in history back in the day.
  • Getting a PS3 on launch day without knowing it supported online gameplay at home and then finding out i was able to play Resistance online with other players around the world was the most awesome thing lol
  • Wired Playstation controllers forced me to pause my game everytime someone was cleaning the room.

PlayStation 4 here we go!

what have been some of your PlayStation Memories?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

It losing most of its market share to Xbox 360:) Sorry, lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

All the world class exclusives, including a perfect 10/10 game, a unprecedented amount of GOTYS and 2 games in the top 5 of all video game history.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Getting my PS1 with 20games and playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater and becoming addicted.

Tomba was my 1st Action/Adventure game and i loved that series.

My PS2 and playing Final fantasy X and becoming so engrossed in a game for the 1st time ever.

PS3 and playing Motorstorm and Cod4 and online gaming which made me put in 100s of hours into COD4:-P

Most recent one was TLOU. That game should be played by as many ppl as possible. just wow

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Getting the blue original PS2 box for Christmas. I was like that N64 kid.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Playing resident evil over and over again, and being completely amazed by Twisted Metal Black!! and playing TM:B online

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Whoa, shit. I don't know.

My first Ps1 games were Hercules and A Bug's Life. Played the shit out of those. It also had FF8, the first FF game I played. Tekken 3. I always used Eddy Gordo. Driver. I loved Driver. Couldn't believe my eyes when I was able to get out of my car in Driver 2. So many games.

Ps2. Ps2 was something special. It's when I REALLY started to get into gaming. I played the shit out of that console. It just brought me so many games I enjoyed. First game I played was...uhm.. Well, it was a demo disk. So, it had Dark Cloud. I was really amazed by the graphics. Then there was stuff like Max Payne and MGS2. Devil May Cry. I can't keep naming them, because there's just too many.

Ps3. Got that on release with Resistance. Lot of great memories, too. Granted, I didn't like it as much as the ps2 and it's not my favorite console of this gen(360 is). But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Brought me stuff like Uncharted and MGS4. Man, MGS4 was huge for me. Holy shit. Found out about Yakuza. Love that.

As far as the Ps4 goes, I'll be picking one up down the line. Can't see myself going without a Ps4 this gen.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By clyde46

@freedomfreak said:

My first Ps1 games were Hercules and A Bug's Life. Played the shit out of those. It also had FF8, the first FF game I played. Tekken 3. I always used Eddy Gordo. Driver. I loved Driver. Couldn't believe my eyes when I was able to get out of my car in Driver 2. So many games.

Ps2. Ps2 was something special. It's when I REALLY started to get into gaming. I played the shit out of that console. It just brought me so many games I enjoyed. First game I played was...uhm.. Well, it was a demo disk. So, it had Dark Cloud. I was really amazed by the graphics. Then there was stuff like Max Payne and MGS2. Devil May Cry. I can't keep naming them, because there's just too many.

Ps3. Got that on release with Resistance. Lot of great memories, too. Granted, I didn't like it as much as the ps2 and it's not my favorite console of this gen(360 is). But I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Brought me stuff like Uncharted and MGS4. Man, MGS4 was huge for me. Holy shit. Found out about Yakuza. Love that.

As far as the Ps4 goes, I'll be picking one up down the line. Can't see myself going without a Ps4 this gen.

The PS2 was properly my favourite console. So many games.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak

@clyde46 said:

The PS2 was properly my favourite console. So many games.

Same here.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 finalstar2007

@Netret0120 said:

Getting my PS1 with 20games and playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater and becoming addicted.

Tomba was my 1st Action/Adventure game and i loved that series.

My PS2 and playing Final fantasy X and becoming so engrossed in a game for the 1st time ever.

PS3 and playing Motorstorm and Cod4 and online gaming which made me put in 100s of hours into COD4:-P

Most recent one was TLOU. That game should be played by as many ppl as possible. just wow

lol same here! but instead of FFX it was FFX-2 for me then when i played FFX after FFX-2 that got me even more addicted :P

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

I actually was unimpressed by that PlayStation Memories video and that is probably because it was in one room for all of their home consoles. I just did not relate because of that.

I do have memories, though, but I am not a fanboy.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By finalstar2007

@freedomfreak said:

LOL the moment you mentioned a PS2 demo disk that brought back memories of when i bought my PS2 dude that system came with a Ratchet and Clank demo, i remember playing that demo for months.. yes a demo lol

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I don't know, probably playing WWF Warzone with my friends, and Fighting Force with my cousin. The Playstation brand hasn't had much of an impact on my gaming experience.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I never really got into the playstation. I didn't get a ps1 till much later for like 20 bucks used I played pc and n64. I bought a xbox instead of a ps2, but I did later get a used ps2. I bought a 360 first at launch then bought a ps3 later. So most of my playstation memories are just gettin it 2nd.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By clyde46

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

LOL the moment you mentioned a PS2 demo disk that brought back memories of when i bought my PS2 dude that system came with a Ratchet and Clank demo, i remember paying that demo for months.. yes a demo lol

I remember getting demo's from OPM.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By freedomfreak

@finalstar2007 said:

LOL the moment you mentioned a PS2 demo disk that brought back memories of when i bought my PS2 dude that system came with a Ratchet and Clank demo, i remember paying that demo for months.. yes a demo lol

Kinda reminds of when my friend got his Ps2. He had one game with it. Evil Twin. He didn't have a memory card, but still kept playing it.

Starting over every time.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46

@freedomfreak said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Kinda reminds of when my friend got his Ps2. He had one game with it. Evil Twin. He didn't have a memory card, but still kept playing it.

I remember doing that with Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I have memories of the PS1 demo disks and Spyro, Tron Bonne, MGS and a few other games but then I bought a XBox in 2002 and my god my head exploded with its awesomeness. Then Live came out and it blew my mind playing with 16 players on Moto GP with everyone in voice chat and really good leaderboards so I just couldn't go back to Playstation but I then got a PS3 last year and enjoyed playing its amazing single player games.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalstar2007

@clyde46 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Yep same i remember buying few issues of OPM just to get a free demo disk but nothing beats that Ratchet and Clank 1 demo i played it for so long its funny :P

good times

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak

@clyde46 said:

One of the few games that feature tornadoes. GOAT, for sure.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By clyde46

@finalstar2007 said:

@clyde46 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Yep same i remember buying few issues of OPM just to get a free demo disk but nothing beats that Ratchet and Clank 1 demo i played it for so long its funny :P

good times

I had that demo. It made me buy the first Ratchet and Clank game.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clyde46

@freedomfreak said:

@clyde46 said:

One of the few games that feature tornadoes. GOAT, for sure.

Loading Video...

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalstar2007

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@finalstar2007 said:

i kind of feel bad for never playing a Crach Bandicoot game :(

hopefully someday i will

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

The first time I played FF7, was so damn impressed.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46

@finalstar2007 said:

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@finalstar2007 said:

i kind of feel bad for never playing a Crach Bandicoot game :(

hopefully someday i will

You're a Cow and you've never played a Crash Bandicoot game? The horrors!

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I played. Tekken 3. I always used Eddy Gordo. Driver. I loved Driver. Couldn't believe my eyes when I was able to get out of my car in Driver 2. So many games.

Yeah, I played a lot of Tekken 3 on PS1. Eddy was a cool character, good to use both cheaply and skillfully. So much fun playing with my cousins back in the day.

Probably my number one playstation memory was hours and hours of Gran Turismo. Was my number one franchise for a very long time.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

some of my PS1 games didnt work properly (Iron man and X-O Manowar, Blasto and tomba) so i would turn my ps1 upside down causing the non working games to actually work lol. good times

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I'll always remember coming home after school one day and finding the original PS hooked up in the living room as a surprise and proceeding to play the ever living shit out of Rebel Assault 2. It also came with a demo disc that included a demo of FFVII and it left me wondering what the hell had happened to FF IV, V, and VI. Needless to say, I rushed out to buy the full game on release day and sank far too many hours of my life into it.

Oh, and that reminds me. The aforementioned demo disc also included a small sampling of Bushido Blade. I absolutely loved that game, and I wish we would get a Bushido Blade on PS4. >:[

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By freedomfreak

@psymon100 said:

@freedomfreak said:

I played. Tekken 3. I always used Eddy Gordo. Driver. I loved Driver. Couldn't believe my eyes when I was able to get out of my car in Driver 2. So many games.

Yeah, I played a lot of Tekken 3 on PS1. Eddy was a cool character, good to use both cheaply and skillfully. So much fun playing with my cousins back in the day.

Probably my number one playstation memory was hours and hours of Gran Turismo. Was my number one franchise for a very long time.

****, man. Gran Turismo.

Getting all the licenses.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

Spending Saturday morning's endlessly turning my PS1 on and off and spinning the disc around and just HOPING the laser would read it.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

****, man. Gran Turismo.

Getting all the licenses.

Wow. How nostalgic.

I remember the licences were really tough. But once you got to the International A is wasn't so tough - just needed to do a good clean lap.

Also, I remember once a friend of mine commented to me:

"I was watching a replay and my mum thought it was the TV!"

haha, those Playstation graphics. Obviously, photorealistic since the 90s.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 freedomfreak

@psymon100 said:

Wow. How nostalgic.

I remember the licences were really tough. But once you got to the International A is wasn't so tough - just needed to do a good clean lap.

Also, I remember once a friend of mine commented to me:

"I was watching a replay and my mum thought it was the TV!"

haha, those Playstation graphics. Obviously, photorealistic since the 90s.

Yup. You just had to take it easy. Work dem corners. Be very patient about it.

My mom's been saying that since the Ps2 :p

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@Cherokee_Jack said:

Lol, they should have shown that in the PlayStation Nostalgia video. :P

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Taking turns playing crash bandicoot during a Friday night with my family. Bragging about my awesome kill on syphon filter while playing 4 players with my family. Staying up late in attempt to complete a game because I didn't have a memory card. Most recently, playing uncharted 2 on my birthday and being amazed about how the graphics and gameplay was :)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By finalstar2007

@clyde46 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@clyde46 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

good times

I had that demo. It made me buy the first Ratchet and Clank game.

Same! that demo is the reason why im such a huge Ratchet and Clank fan today, the franchise is one of those franchises that are instant buy the moment a new game is announced.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#40 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Too many.

Thanks to the PSP, my undying love for handhelds was born (well, rekindled; I played other games besides Pokemon essentially) and I got into Sony's platforms. I had wanted a Wii for Super Mario Galaxy, but eight years ago, I put $2 worth of tickets into a raffle for a PSP 1000 and a few games. I won and that's where the roller coaster started.

I think I was my senior year of high school then and was into the Wii like everyone else. Getting the PSP ruled though; WipeOut 2048 kicked my ass repeatedly, Ape Escape was its own mini addiction, Thrillville Off the Rails, NBA Street, etc. These were games I played more for the sheer sake of enjoyment because I didn't really care back then. Shit was fun, and shit convinced me, back in 2008, to drop $568 on a PS3 instead of a Wii.

Man, that was kind of a mistake. Kind of meaning a big one. Sure, it was the 60GB PS2 version, but the system had only one thing going for it for me that wasn't a complete fucking waste of money: Uncharted 1's Target demo.

You see, I used to drive up to Target and play Uncharted 1's demo multiple times for the fun of it. That game's demo was a beauty to behold and I loved it. Lo and behold, I buy it for $40 and was enamored. The game was flat-out fun, a masterpiece in creativity of environment and resonated with me to this day. The rest, most of you guys have seen in my 20K+ posts here.

TL;DR I won a PSP, it convinced me to buy a PS3, PS3 gave me Godcharted 1 so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

When it had games, but then some moron at Sony thought it was a good idea to make them movies instead and support David Cage.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I can still recall our last summer when I played the crap out of Dark Souls and thought that golden age of gaming is back.

I also remember the first time I saw PSX controller (the gray one without sticks) and I thought it looks almos as pretty as Amiga CD-i controller... little did I know that Nintendo 64 is just around the corner with a controller design that shouted "put your hands on me right now!" Too bad my parents had little understanding for game consoles and I had to stick with ugly kb+m for years to come.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

My first Playstation was the mini which I got after repeatedly telling my parents "Not the big ugly grey one. The small one!!! Make sure it's the small one!"

Got that for road trips since at that time you could get a lot of PS1 games for cheap. I don't really remember many games I played on it though since personally I thought the N64 was the true beast of that gen. Mmmmmmmmm, Rareware.

Then throughout the PS2 era I alternated between having one of each system (Dreamcast/Xbox/Gamecube/PS2). Again, I thought the other systems were better. With that said I still have the PS2, and in the last few years I played RE4, Shadow of the Collosus, and Vice City on it. Good stuff, I reckon.

Playstation after the PS2? Ugh, disappointment overload!

I'm optimistic for the PS4 though. Being PC-like is going to make more devs able to make games for it, but I've already got a PC, so that might not mean much. But Sony, on the verge of bankruptcy, has changed their ways a bit from their PS3 days, so maybe, just maybe, we'll see the rise of mid-tier developers on consoles again.

I think Sony is in the best position atm. Their launch is worse than a dirty diaper, but I have a feeling they'll get more games overall because Nintendo is stupid, and Microsoft needs to be hit in the head a couple times. We'll see though. I won't be buying a Vita or PS4 anytime soon as I'm not the type of person to buy a system based purely on faith alone.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#44  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

PS1

1. Playing Chrono Cross for the First Time was one of the best experiences in Video Gaming in my life.
  2. Final Fantasy IX's Melodies of Life will forever be one my family's favorite video game tunes.
  3. Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are some of the best games of my childhood.

PS2

1. Final Fantasy X
  2. Kingdom Hearts
  3. Devil May Cry
  4. Metal Gear Solid 2

really not much should be said about these games.

PS3

1. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves was the first game in a long time to make me play for 8-10 hours straight.
  2. Heavy Rain was one of the greatest game experiences I have ever played and one that is still on my mind even after beating it 2 years ago.

These were my Playstation Highlights.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Playing Socom on my 8th birthday <3

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#46 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Playing all the top quality exclusive that gaming had to offer.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

E3 2006, and this thread.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

christmas of '96, i had to make the tough decision of choosing between a ps1 and an N64. i ended up making the smart choice to go with the playstation and i never looked back. resident evil is the game that brought me to that final decision and i got it along with my ps1 on christmas day. that day quickly turned into a frightening christmas night because it scared the hell out of me....and i loved it.

lol i didn't have a memory card so every time i played it i had to start from the very beginning. i remember one night having my cousin sleep over and we played the game all the way through (with the help of a gamepro walkthrough) till the wee hours of the morning. such great memories.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Searching for my Christmas presents like the little noisy brad I was, and finding a PS2 with Final Fantasy X/Vice City in my parents room.

Such joy.

B-apples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 B-apples
Member since 2013 • 72 Posts

@Sagem28 said:

Searching for my Christmas presents like the little noisy brad I was, and finding a PS2 with Final Fantasy X/Vice City in my parents room.

Such joy.

I found my Snes the same way in 92'. Completely confirmed my suspicions about something...

Anyway PS memories, biggest one is probably Resident Evil and the masterpiece that it was. Destruction Derby aswell.