Watchdogs PC version trailer looks

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

Goddamn nice

Hbboo whatever + i want this on console right now!

or what setup do i need for this ?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Thats it, I'm changing my pre-order now. Flappy coat >>> 1 hour of extra content.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

hopefully it's not just a bunch of horribly optimized crap that i'll just turn off

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

PC = Best version

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46

@lostrib said:

hopefully it's not just a bunch of horribly optimized crap that i'll just turn off

AC4 was riddled with that. I tried to run the game using the recommended setting for 780Ti and it still ran like ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

AC4 was riddled with that. I tried to run the game using the recommended setting for 780Ti and it still ran like ass.

Hmmm glad I got it on PS4 tbh.... the online is probably more active aswell.

Will probably rent Watchdogs... just seems like another Ubisoft collection simulator. (E.G ass creed, Far Cry 3) none of these games have a "living world" vibe.... just points to collect. the only sandbox that feels like a real city is GTA... suprisingly.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#7 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

I wonder if the recent Nvidia drivers that granted huge performance gains will help with these kinds of slowdowns

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

What? I ran AC4 on an HD 7950 and maxed it out at vsynced 30fps. It might not be the most well optimized game ever (especially on processor side), but it looks better than the PS4 version and runs at a solid 30fps on a two year old card. Don't blow it out of proportion. It runs even better on my GTX 770. Hardly can be described as running "like ass".

Yes, I would love to max it out and run it at a solid 60fps, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some people make it sound. I hope Watch Dogs will have better utilization of multiple cores. It does seem to have more advanced simulations though so it might still be a little difficult to achieve a solid 60fps or higher with single graphics card setups.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

What? I ran AC4 on an HD 7950 and maxed it out at vsynced 30fps. It might not be the most well optimized game ever (especially on processor side), but it looks better than the PS4 version and runs at a solid 30fps on a two year old card. Don't blow it out of proportion. It runs even better on my GTX 770. Hardly can be described as running "like ass".

Yes, I would love to max it out and run it at a solid 60fps, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some people make it sound. I hope Watch Dogs will have better utilization of multiple cores. It does seem to have more advanced simulations though so it might still be a little difficult to achieve a solid 60fps or higher with single graphics card setups.

Here is the problem with AC4 its only uses two threads which limits the cpu's ability to feed the gpu the data it needs and process all other items for the game. Which is why the higher the settings and stronger the gpu the performance loss is more significant. Also AC4's performance is dependent on the cpu being used. The newer and or higher clock the cpu is the better your experience will be, which is why having an i5 or i7 does so much better then any of AMD's 6 or 8 cored cpu's since their much slower clock per clock and only get to use two cores.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Well yeah...it is the PC after all.

granddogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By granddogg
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

will grab this on pc so happy i picked up that gtx760

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

I wonder if the recent Nvidia drivers that granted huge performance gains will help with these kinds of slowdowns

Nvidia's new drivers does increase performance with AC4 and bunch of other games, but they cant fix the core problem with AC4 with only using two cores/threads limiting cpu processing which affects how well the cpu feeds the gpu while having to do all other jobs for the game and windows. Ive seen allocating the game's cpu usage to the last two cores helps abit also.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@lostrib said:

Oh it will be if they're pushing the stupid physx crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Looks nice but it still doesnt look as good as the E3 2012 trailer.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46

@kalipekona said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

I have the most powerful single GPU on the planet and it still can't run that game. The opening scene was horrific with the FPS bouncing all of the place.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

PhysX added a lot to Borderlands 2.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Looks as good as the E3 2013 PS4 demo.

It's still downgraded from the 2012 demo though.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

Loading Video...

still not as good as E3 2012 reveal!

ubisoft lies, see it for yourself

Loading Video...

E3 2012 had better lighting, rain and bokeh dof.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

That video was horrible quality but the world still feels less alive and active as the previous versions shown had. Also why no PhysX? I've seen many games use that to great effect but watch dogs doesn't? Kind of seems odd, when even FTP games like harken incorporate the tech.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

I haven't played that game in a while but didn't it just add particle effects like blood and the like?

That's what I remember anyway.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Getting for PS4 first, then I'll pick up PC version when it's on sale for under $10

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

kinda hard to forget the reveal trailer. was so blown away by it

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kalipekona

@clyde46 said:

@kalipekona said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

I have the most powerful single GPU on the planet and it still can't run that game. The opening scene was horrific with the FPS bouncing all of the place.

Like I said, I've been able to get a solid 30fps with an HD 7950.

If people are talking like "oh I'll just get the PS4 version" then what's wrong with playing a superior-looking version on PC at a solid 30fps? I mean, obviously 60fps is much better than 30fps, but a solid 30fps on PC with better graphics and cleaner image quality is still better than a somewhat inferior looking version on console with worse image quality and more framerate drops.

I think the problem is that a lot of PC gamers don't know how to get a steady vsynced 30fps. You can't simply use a typical framerate limiter because the frame delivery will be out of sync with the refresh rate of of the display and you will still get some judder (although a lot less than if you let it fluctuate up and down). In order to get a steady 30fps without judder you need to use "double vsync" if you are on an AMD card or "half refresh rate vsync" if you are on Nvidia. These features can be found in RadeonPro and Nvidia Inspector respectively.

I don't know if that applies to you, but if not I can see why you would be frustrated not being able to achieve a solid 60fps with a high end card, I just don't think it is the end of the world. It still looks amazing running at a solid 30fps and offers better overall visuals than the console versions.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By clyde46

@kalipekona said:

@clyde46 said:

@kalipekona said:

@clyde46 said:

@lostrib said:

Like I said, I've been able to get a solid 30fps with an HD 7950.

If people are talking like "oh I'll just get the PS4 version" then what's wrong with playing a superior-looking version on PC at a solid 30fps? I mean, obviously 60fps is much better than 30fps, but a solid 30fps on PC with better graphics and cleaner image quality is still better than a somewhat inferior looking version on console with worse image quality and more framerate drops.

I think the problem is that a lot of PC gamers don't know how to get a steady vsynced 30fps. You can't simply use a typical framerate limiter because the frame delivery will be out of sync with the refresh rate of of the display and you will still get some judder (although a lot less than if you let it fluctuate up and down). In order to get a steady 30fps without judder you need to use "double vsync" if you are on an AMD card or "half refresh rate vsync" if you are on Nvidia. These features can be found in RadeonPro and Nvidia Inspector respectively.

I don't know if that applies to you, but if not I can see why you would be frustrated not being able to achieve a solid 60fps with a high end card, I just don't think it is the end of the world. It still looks amazing running at a solid 30fps and offers better overall visuals than the console versions.

Nearly all my games are run at 60FPS, AC4 which was touted as a "Nvidia" title failed to play at all with the fastest (at the time) video game on their roster. I don't want to play at 30FPS, I game on PC because I can play at 60FPS or more. The fact is, the PS4 version at the time of launch was the best performing version.

However, thanks for the tip on that Vsync. Now I might be able to finish Mirrors Edge on PC without the horrible screen tearing.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

I haven't played that game in a while but didn't it just add particle effects like blood and the like?

The liquid and particle effects were actually pretty cool.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

HBAO+ as well as TXAA are Nvidia exclusive features, meaning you won't get them on console or a gaming PC with an AMD GPU. They've released system specs already: pretty much an i5/ or 8 core AMD and a 560ti for recommended.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

I hope they do, I love the physX effects.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

best part about physx in that. In fact I'd say its the only game to date worth turning it on while playing.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@wis3boi said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

best part about physx in that. In fact I'd say its the only game to date worth turning it on while playing.

Yeah that's true, I'm just referring to the majority of titles that employed it.

Borderlands did feel really flat without it.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

While it doesn´t look quite as good as the E3 version it´s close and it looks considerably better than the console versions so it´s a no brainer wich version to get,for me at least.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Looks as good as the E3 2013 PS4 demo.

It's still downgraded from the 2012 demo though.

Looks better than the PS4 demo. The cars looked terrible. Love the weather effects in this game. Nice reflexions of the water. Is this even going to run at 60fps on the PC with all these affects turned on? That's the big question.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#34 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Yep , it looks as good as initial demo .

@lostrib said:

PC is lead platform for Watch Dogs but I understand how you feel after AC3 .

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

May have to change my pre order now

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

HBAO+ as well as TXAA are Nvidia exclusive features, meaning you won't get them on console or a gaming PC with an AMD GPU. They've released system specs already: pretty much an i5/ or 8 core AMD and a 560ti for recommended.

so wait what ? this means if i have a AMD Gfx card i will not get these features ?

did i read that correct or is it a typo ?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

so wait what ? this means if i have a AMD Gfx card i will not get these features ?

Well the video says NVIDIA PC technologies...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 clyde46

@lglz1337 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

Nope. Its an Nvidia title so no nice toys for you!

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@wis3boi said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

Yeah that's true, I'm just referring to the majority of titles that employed it.

It was also used to decent effect in the Batman games. Papers, and in the Catwoman missions, currency, blowing around realistically and in great quantities, added a sense of atmosphere lacking on the console versions.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cfisher2833

@lglz1337 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@lglz1337 said:

Goddamn nice

did i read that correct or is it a typo ?

Yeah, but AMD GPUs will use HDAO (high definition ambient occlusion) for their more advanced ambient occlusion. TXAA is pretty nice, but also quite demanding; I imagine most people won't even be able to use it and maintain 60fps.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cfisher2833

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@wis3boi said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@donalbane said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

It was also used to decent effect in the Batman games. Papers, and in the Catwoman missions, currency, blowing around realistically and in great quantities, added a sense of atmosphere lacking on the console versions.

My personal favorite was the PhysX deformable snow in Arkham Origins. Not only did it look amazing (what with the tessellation and shading), but it also didn't create any noticeable performance drops, even when I deformed the shit out of the snow.

Borderlands had some good PhysX features, but some--like the rock and debris particles that were created during combat--got really ridiculous. It was just annoying to try to find all the dropped loot when there were piles and piles of scrap metal and rocks everywhere on the floor.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

these specific features wont be available to AMD cards , but i wouldn't be worried about that. TXAA isnt as good as MSAA and im pretty sure Watchdogs will have MSAA... TXAA is on the lines of FXAA.. Which is too say its crap .. Even on Nvidia cards you should still be using MSAA

The HBAO+ on the other hand looks decent and will be the only thing us AMD users will miss.. But normal HBAO wouldnt be that to far behind .. I doubt any of us would really notice the difference...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Certainly the best looking open world game out there.

But I'm sure my game will look nothing like that, as I have an AMD card. Game will clearly be optimized for Nvidia only.

@Cloud_imperium said:

@lostrib said:

Assassin's Creed 3s optimization is so bad.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a lot of options you can turn off.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#44 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: AMD or nVIDIA , it doesn't matter . The game is going to look amazing on PC . Some games are more friendly to AMD hardware , others are to nVIDIA .

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

txaa is the best version of anti aliasing there is from a quality/perf stand point. hbao+ works on all gpus, only txaa is nvidia exclusive.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

This could be the last push for me to build a PC. Has to be a good game first.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kalipekona

@Cloud_imperium said:

@lostrib said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing where the initial 2012 E3 demo looked better. I think this actually shows off more impressive tech. Some of those shots of many trees throughout the city blowing in the wind is something I have never quite seen in a game. Or that whole field of grass where every blade seemed to be swaying. We've seen animated foliage before, of course, but nothing on that scale. Also, the specularity and reflection maps on the cars look great and have good LOD--even when a car is far away from the camera it doesn't seem to lose those qualities.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Now THAT'S the Watch Dogs I knew and loved! Pre-purchased on Steam!

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

Actually looking pretty good there

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

The difference between PC and Console is already this big. It's been less than a year. This is what happens when consoles are launched with ancient hardware by tech standards. Imagine how different PC vs Console will look in two years?