Wall St. Journal: 'Playing the FOOL' How Sony helped pay for 360 development.

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Afro_Samurai1

70 % of SW users do this

u shud get used to it :*(

humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts
and yet, even after 3 years there is still a 33% failure rate on the rushed piece of hardware.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MarloStanfield
Member since 2008 • 2409 Posts
not surprising. SCE is the most incompetent videogame company around at this rate i dont see those jokers lasting more than another generation
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Generalmojo
and yet, even after 3 years there is still a 33% failure rate on the rushed piece of hardware. humber_matus
lol :lol:
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#55 Afro_Samurai1
Member since 2008 • 522 Posts

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Generalmojo

70 % of SW users do this

he has been posting the most sony hate the past couple of days

first there is no hope for Sony thread that was a clasic,then the psp is dieing,now this

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Generalmojo

not surprising. SCE is the most incompetent videogame company around at this rate i dont see those jokers lasting more than another generationMarloStanfield

I finnaly found the joke of the week

HOORAY!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]My God, I've never heard so much negative news for a comapny in such a short amount of time :lol: It'll be interesting to see the huge media turnaround when the PS3 gets a price cut or something good happens for the machine.Generalmojo

With a firm positioned 09 lineup, a price cut is all a ps3 needs, yet they still lose money :(

I think the PS3 is going to start using cheaper parts next year so it won't cost as much to manufacture. So early next year, I think Sony can afford a price cut or slimline model. Not to mention a price cut for around March/April has already been rumoured at a few places. And then we will say goodbye to the "PS3 is doomed!!!" articles and hello to the "Xbox 360 is doomed!!!" articles. Unfortunately that's how the media works.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

If anything IBM is the cutthroat.....not MS...funny how fanboys just throw MS under the bus without comprehending the situation and thinking before they make a fool out of themselves...

If Sony was too stupid to have IBM agree to a NDA then that's their problem (highly unlikely)..... OR.... Sony purposely left it wide open to recoup some R&D costs.....you never know on how sub-licensing works and if development tech was used I am sure a licensing cost for said development was picked up by MS and applied to Sony's R&D costs...

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts

and yet, even after 3 years there is still a 33% failure rate on the rushed piece of hardware. humber_matus
To reference previous and also intelligent forum posts in this very thread, I don't think the Xbox 360 console was rushed to the market. Microsoft launched it on time, November of 2005, but they used an unreliable hardware manufacturer combined with a poorly designed GPU (Please don't mistake this for the CPU). This is what caused the now infamous RROD.

Edit: I also highly doubt the failure rate is still as high as 33% so I would like some proof on that one because every article I've read regarding this topic on the internet has indicated it's far lower than that although still not where it should be.

Ace_WondersX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ace_WondersX
Member since 2003 • 4455 Posts
this is a funny story
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Generalmojo
[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Afro_Samurai1

70 % of SW users do this

first there is no hope for Sony thread that was a clasic,then the psp is dieing,now this

Whah :question:

same auother wrote dem all ???

oh lord

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MarloStanfield
you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Afro_Samurai1
it's not an obsession Sony just gets bad press because they're so crap at running a business, if MS or Nintendo got bad press i'm sure dreams would post it too
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Afro_Samurai1

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(MarloStanfield
it's not an obsession Sony just gets bad press because they're so crap at running a business, if MS or Nintendo got bad press i'm sure dreams would post it too

sure he would[sarcasm]

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
you really do hate sony dont you DV? lolBTBAM127
Nope. Not in the slightest. Not even a little bit. It's that I'm breaking all the interesting articles these days...and all the articles are about what Sony isn't doing right. As always, when articles pop up that are tough on Microsoft, I'll be bringing those two. But as you can see by SW topics...there have been VERY FEW articles written that are critical of MS or Nintendo recently. I can't write articles; I can only put them here for our consideration.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Generalmojo

[QUOTE="BTBAM127"]you really do hate sony dont you DV? lolDreams-Visions
Nope. Not in the slightest. Not even a little bit. It's that I'm breaking all the interesting articles these days...and all the articles are about what Sony isn't doing right. As always, when articles pop up that are tough on Microsoft, I'll be bringing those two. But as you can see by SW topics...there have been VERY FEW articles written that are critical of MS or Nintendo recently. I can't write articles; I can only put them here for our consideration.

Thats right

"spread the love"

Oops i mean HATE!! :*(

Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Afro_Samurai1
sw is turning into business wars
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Floppy_Jim
sw is turning into business warsAfro_Samurai1
I remember when this used to be Gamespot ---> System Wars. These days it's all Salespot ---> Business Wars :P
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Generalmojo

Thanks to this DV person

ahhh

if only i attended SW during ps2 times

the days when teh lems were coming out of there eggs (or shud i say box)

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BTBAM127"]you really do hate sony dont you DV? lolGeneralmojo

Thats right

"spread the love"

Spread the hate:lol:

WSJ wrote the article.... :|

Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Generalmojo

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]sw is turning into business warsFloppy_Jim
I remember when this used to be Gamespot ---> System Wars. These days it's all Salespot ---> Business Wars :P

:lol::lol::lol: HAHA salespot :D

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"][QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Afro_Samurai1

sure he would (sarcasm)

lol @ attacking the messanger. not only would I, but I have and do on a regular basis. you're new here, so I'll give you a pass. I tell ya what: point out all the negative press articles that Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii/DS have gotten in the last 30 days. Don't worry; I'll wait. When you find them, connect me to the links. Find the days they were posted and see if I was posting that day. The reality is there probably are none. You kids want to make an issue where there is none. You'll see that more the longer you stay here. Right now all the negative news is being directed towards Sony. If I hadn't posted this, someone else would have within the hour. Don't be mad at me that people are writing articles critical of Sony. Blame Sony for putting themselves in the position to be critiqued constantly.
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 no_handlebars
Member since 2008 • 1774 Posts

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BTBAM127"]you really do hate sony dont you DV? lolGeneralmojo

Thats right

"spread the love"

Why so much hate towards DV? He's just breaking the news. Plain and simple. Sony's been getting some bad press lately, boo-fricking-hoo. Don't shoot the messenger.
SupremeLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 SupremeLegacy
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
You really don't like Sony, do you.
FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts
While that was full of LULZ, they are WAY exaggerating, the PS3 was launched due to a number of reasons, yeah they all kind of come back to the Cell, but they simply didnt have the games (which in turn was due to the lateness of Cell) You get the point
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dreams-Visions

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="BTBAM127"]

Thats right

"spread the love"

Generalmojo
hey, it's System Wars. are we only to discuss good news? lol.

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]sw is turning into business warsGeneralmojo

Thanks to this DV person

ahhh

is that you're under the impression that I'm at fault for writing these articles for the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo!, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc? or that I'm at fault because I'm posting them, as if someone wouldn't post them eventually? lol. new faces.
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

[QUOTE="MarloStanfield"] it's not an obsession Sony just gets bad press because they're so crap at running a business, if MS or Nintendo got bad press i'm sure dreams would post it tooDreams-Visions

sure he would (sarcasm)

lol @ attacking the messanger. not only would I, but I have and do on a regular basis. you're new here, so I'll give you a pass. I tell ya what: point out all the negative press articles that Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii/DS have gotten in the last 30 days. Don't worry; I'll wait. When you find them, connect me to the links. Find the days they were posted and see if I was posting that day. The reality is there probably are none. You kids want to make an issue where there is none. You'll see that more the longer you stay here. Right now all the negative news is being directed towards Sony. If I hadn't posted this, someone else would have within the hour. Don't be mad at me that people are writing articles critical of Sony. Blame Sony for putting themselves in the position to be critiqued constantly.

number 1 that is too much work for me to being doing

number 2 I am no kid

number 3 the only person making a big deal out of it is you[posting this up knowing people are going to argue over it I think this called flamebait but that is sw]

SupremeLegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SupremeLegacy
Member since 2008 • 113 Posts
I think you should cool it a bit with the Sony-bashing threads. You got your message out pretty well.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dreams-Visions
You really don't like Sony, do you.SupremeLegacy
See my sig. then answer your own question. I love how people prefer to make this about me than the substance of the article. not everyone here is a fanboy. just because I'm finding the news first and reporting it doesn't mean I feel one way or another about it. in fact, all of my threads with articles about things going wrong have always asked the question of what Sony can do better. of course, the fanboys can't handle even discussing that things are a problem, such that they can even begin to think about what they can do better. I love System Wars. lol. people are so funny. and feel such a need to put people in boxes and classifications. well...whatever makes people feel better.
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 no_handlebars
I think you should cool it a bit with the Sony-bashing threads. You got your message out pretty well.SupremeLegacy
This isn't a Sony-bashing thread. It's just news about one of the Big 3 being reported.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

So when there was news about Sony cutting jobs, people posted that news here and laughed about it.

Now there are stories circling the net about MS cutting jobs and people wont post it here and no one is making a fanboy matter out of it?

Next, your hate for Sony cant be justified, they helped make your precious 360.

MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 MarloStanfield

sure he would[sarcasm]

Afro_Samurai1

I hope he would, he's never really struck me as a fanboy.

I like the PS3 but Sony are a bunch of absolute incompetents. They're stil losing money on it and they've basically abandoned the PSP. It's little wonder they continue to get bad press even after a year full of excellent games
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
Ahahaha. That is classic business right there. You could not script that fubar better.
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Generalmojo
[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] hey, it's System Wars. are we only to discuss good news? lol. [QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]sw is turning into business warsDreams-Visions

Thanks to this DV person

ahhh

is that you're under the impression that I'm at fault for writing these articles for the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo!, Kotaku, Gamespot, etc? or that I'm at fault because I'm posting them, as if someone wouldn't post them eventually? lol. new faces.

Dont get me wrong

im actually thanking you, (in some way)

after all

ps3 bashing is what system wars is all about

now if you'll excuse me

im gona go down stairs and have a cup of tea :D

no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 no_handlebars
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]
sure he would[sarcasm]

MarloStanfield

I like the PS3 but Sony are a bunch of absolute incompetents. They're stil losing money on it and they've basically abandoned the PSP. It's little wonder they continue to get bad press even after a year full of excellent games

Haven't seen you around lately Stanfield. Glad you're back smacking ignoramus' down with facts.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Generalmojo"]

[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]you really obsessed with sony anything bad that happens to them you post it.:(Afro_Samurai1

70 % of SW users do this

News is news. DV didn't make news outlets release anti-Sony news. And in fact, this is not even an anti-Sony story. Its a humorous look at the behind the scenes maneuvering in business.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]

sure he would (sarcasm)

Afro_Samurai1

number 2 I am no kid

number 3 the only person making a big deal out of it is you[posting this up knowing people are going to argue over it I think this called flamebait but that is sw]

*yawn*

1.) then don't presume to conclude where my allegiences lie. the reality is you won't do the work because you already know they don't exist right now. Nobody is saying anything bad about the Wii because it's making stupid money and selling at a legenary pace. Their DS is a cash cow. Nobody is writing articles critical of MS right now because they're selling more than they did last year at this time and their exclusives are cleaning up. Not true for Sony right now. You know it. Whether you accept the reality so that you can discuss the future from a proper perspective or not is something I have no control over. But your lack of acceptance of current circumstances won't change the circumstances. Bury your head in the sand all you like. I'll continue thinking about what Sony can do better to improve their products and offerings.

2.) Then act like it. Accept that your opinion isn't the only opinion and that not everyone who doesn't walk the party line hates the party.

3.) I post it here becuase this is where we talk about industry news in the context of how it affects its userbase and gaming in general. If you want to hear only pleasantries, go to the Playstation 2/3 forum. The link won't be hard for you to find. Hermits don't complain when the quarterly "PC gaming is dying" article is written. Lemmings don't ask for the RROD articles to stop flowing. When the spiget that is causing these articles to stop flowing is closed, the articles will subside. As has already been said, don't blame the messenger. And for a change...try posting something related to the topic. Because not doing so is what we call "trolling" here. I know you're new. Thought I'd inform you.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SpruceCaboose
Is the industry not a business? How many game companies have gone under due to poor business decisions? How is Ninty back on top? Thats right, its all business, so it makes sense that about half of SW should be about business, as half the industry is business, the other half is the end product. Actually, probably much less than half, but whatever.
TheOrigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 TheOrigin
Member since 2004 • 2006 Posts
It's a shame that the PS3 wins GOTY here, multiple awards at other sites, and has arguably the best line up of games in 2008. But a string of bad news that doesn't really matter towards the gamer has to be taken so seriously here. Hopefully Sony isn't really is in bad of shape as were led to believe.
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 no_handlebars
Honestly, some of the reactions in this thread are ridiculous. Claiming that DV has an anti-Sony agenda because he's reporting the news. It's like people are actually hurt by Sony's bad press and are lashing out at anybody within reach.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]
sure he would[sarcasm]

MarloStanfield

I most certainly would. I like breaking news. It's just that the only news to break is about Sony right now. I'm sure that will change, but probably not anytime soon. And if the NPD for December is as disastrous as we think it will be for them (lowest sales of the 3 by a clear margin), more articles expressing concern will be written. and they will be posed. If I don't see them first, someone else will and will post it. it really is that simple for me.

So when there was news about Sony cutting jobs, people posted that news here and laughed about it.

Now there are stories circling the net about MS cutting jobs and people wont post it here and no one is making a fanboy matter out of it?

Next, your hate for Sony cant be justified, they helped make your precious 360.

Ninten007
lol. the story about MS cutting jobs has already been posted here and discussed. and I turned around and posted it somewhere else. thing is, it can only be talked about so much, because we don't know who's getting canned. it was just a confirmed rumor at this point. when Sony said they were going to cut their work force, they specicially mentioned that SCE was going to be under review. so it became a point of major conversation.

if MS announces that MGS will be under major review like Sony did, I'm sure we'll see articles make their way here about it. No doubt. But again, the situations are not yet equivalent in the context of gaming for the afore mentioned reasons.

Not everything is a damn conspiracy against Sony.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Floppy_Jim
Honestly, some of the reactions in this thread are ridiculous. Claiming that DV has an anti-Sony agenda because he's reporting the news. It's like people are actually hurt by Siny's bad press and our lashing out at anybody within reach.no_handlebars
I know, God forbid the almighty Sony gets some criticism once in a while.
no_handlebars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 no_handlebars
[QUOTE="no_handlebars"]Honestly, some of the reactions in this thread are ridiculous. Claiming that DV has an anti-Sony agenda because he's reporting the news. It's like people are actually hurt by Siny's bad press and our lashing out at anybody within reach.Floppy_Jim
I know, God forbid the almighty Sony gets some criticism once in a while.

For Sony, our all-powerful overlord, is perfect in every way! [sarcasm]
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"]sw is turning into business warsSpruceCaboose
Is the industry not a business? How many game companies have gone under due to poor business decisions? How is Ninty back on top? Thats right, its all business, so it makes sense that about half of SW should be about business, as half the industry is business, the other half is the end product. Actually, probably much less than half, but whatever.

nah man. Gaming has nothing to do with business. It doesn't even require money. the gaming industry is furthered by altruism and chocolate chip cookies. :( people will come to their senses soon enough. or at least read the article and try discussing it. I'd also like to say that my adviser person told me back in 2005 that they didn't care that Apple went with Intel because of the consoles. they were going to make much more money off the 3 consoles. I hope they can talk the big 3 into staying with IBM...because this has been a profits windfall for them.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SpruceCaboose
It's a shame that the PS3 wins GOTY here, multiple awards at other sites, and has arguably the best line up of games in 2008. But a string of bad news that doesn't really matter towards the gamer has to be taken so seriously here. Hopefully Sony isn't really is in bad of shape as were led to believe.TheOrigin
And actually, the PS3 bashing has been much more subdued. If you would recall 2006, that was the year of Sony bashing in the media. In 2006 you would have a case about people and sites being unfair to Sony, just like how the same places were down on Ninty with the GameCube and MS with the 360 issues when they came up/were publicized in late 06 into 2007.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] nah man. Gaming has nothing to do with business. It doesn't even require money. the gaming industry is furthered by altruism and chocolate chip cookies. :( people will come to their senses soon enough. or at least read the article and try discussing it. I'd also like to say that my adviser person told me back in 2005 that they didn't care that Apple went with Intel because of the consoles. they were going to make much more money off the 3 consoles. I hope they can talk the big 3 into staying with IBM...because this has been a profits windfall for them.

IBM has been tight with MS and Sony for a long time in many areas. I think it would take something significant for them to abandon them at this point.
MarloStanfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 MarloStanfield
Haven't seen you around lately Stanfield. Glad you're back smacking ignoramus' down with facts.no_handlebars
holiday season man, i've been eating and spending time with the folks! afro samurai is a good guy but he's new here. I'm guessing he doesn't have any interest in the business side of things either which is perfectly fine personally i think this article is fascinating. I'm surprised how shady some of these big corporations can be, and how naive Sony were in the run up to this gen
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="no_handlebars"] Haven't seen you around lately Stanfield. Glad you're back smacking ignoramus' down with facts.MarloStanfield
holiday season man, i've been eating and spending time with the folks! afro samurai is a good guy but he's new here. I'm guessing he doesn't have any interest in the business side of things either which is perfectly fine personally i think this article is fascinating. I'm surprised how shady some of these big corporations can be, and how naive Sony were in the run up to this gen

Yea, but I don't know if I'd call it "shady". this was the contract the 3 companies worked out. I'm sure Sony is smart enough to know that their agreement would mean competitors being able to buy parts of the technology from IBM. I just think they never expected in their wildest dreams that this generation could have played out the way it did.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] Yea, but I don't know if I'd call it "shady". this was the contract the 3 companies worked out. I'm sure Sony is smart enough to know that their agreement would mean competitors being able to buy parts of the technology from IBM. I just think they never expected in their wildest dreams that this generation could have played out the way it did.

Sony was the victim of their own hubris. They felt (and they were right) that they owned the gaming scene after the PSOne and PS2. However, that went to their head and they made a system that is/was too grand for the industry to bear, and they suffered for it.

I think this generation was exactly what Sony needed. A big fall to put things back into perspective for them.

Hopefully they recognize that its the games and not the systems that are important to most gamers, and they can make the PS4 as amazing, affordable, and as developer friendly as they can.
Afro_Samurai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Afro_Samurai1
[QUOTE="Afro_Samurai1"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] lol @ attacking the messanger. not only would I, but I have and do on a regular basis. you're new here, so I'll give you a pass. I tell ya what: point out all the negative press articles that Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii/DS have gotten in the last 30 days. Don't worry; I'll wait. When you find them, connect me to the links. Find the days they were posted and see if I was posting that day. The reality is there probably are none. You kids want to make an issue where there is none. You'll see that more the longer you stay here. Right now all the negative news is being directed towards Sony. If I hadn't posted this, someone else would have within the hour. Don't be mad at me that people are writing articles critical of Sony. Blame Sony for putting themselves in the position to be critiqued constantly.Dreams-Visions

number 2 I am no kid

*yawn*

1.) then don't presume to conclude where my allegiences lie. the reality is you won't do the work because you already know they don't exist right now. Nobody is saying anything bad about the Wii because it's making stupid money and selling at a legenary pace. Their DS is a cash cow. Nobody is writing articles critical of MS right now because they're selling more than they did last year at this time and their exclusives are cleaning up. Not true for Sony right now. You know it. Whether you accept the reality so that you can discuss the future from a proper perspective or not is something I have no control over. But your lack of acceptance of current circumstances won't change the circumstances. Bury your head in the sand all you like. I'll continue thinking about what Sony can do better to improve their products and offerings.

2.) Then act like it. Accept that your opinion isn't the only opinion and that not everyone who doesn't walk the party line hates the party.

3.) I post it here becuase this is where we talk about industry news in the context of how it affects its userbase and gaming in general. If you want to hear only pleasantries, go to the Playstation 2/3 forum. The link won't be hard for you to find. Hermits don't complain when the quarterly "PC gaming is dying" article is written. Lemmings don't ask for the RROD articles to stop flowing. When the spiget that is causing these articles to stop flowing is closed, the articles will subside. As has already been said, don't blame the messenger. And for a change...try posting something related to the topic. Because not doing so is what we call "trolling" here. I know you're new. Thought I'd inform you.

Wwhat you said is wrong I would say more but my html is not well formed

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"] Yea, but I don't know if I'd call it "shady". this was the contract the 3 companies worked out. I'm sure Sony is smart enough to know that their agreement would mean competitors being able to buy parts of the technology from IBM. I just think they never expected in their wildest dreams that this generation could have played out the way it did.

Sony was the victim of their own hubris. They felt (and they were right) that they owned the gaming scene after the PSOne and PS2. However, that went to their head and they made a system that is/was too grand for the industry to bear, and they suffered for it.

I think this generation was exactly what Sony needed. A big fall to put things back into perspective for them.

Hopefully they recognize that its the games and not the systems that are important to most gamers, and they can make the PS4 as amazing, affordable, and as developer friendly as they can.

Agreed. and they need to put some gas in the marketing engine. because it's been weak as hell all year.