UPDATE!! 3 Reviews & new opinion: X1 Superior CoD Ghosts

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@danabo said:

@cainetao11 said:

Here comes the "LOL; Lems are desperate to justify their weak system; that guy is blind" responses

@silversix_ said:

720p. 2013. LOL. Buy a brand new system for FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to upgrade from 720p to 720p. Amazing deal, very jelly.

You called it, cain.

EDIT: For an extra $100 you can also get a better framerate, silversix ;)

Hahahaha

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

I couldn't care any less about Call of Duty, but why on earth would the dev sacrifice frames on one system to improve resolution and not do it on the other? It just doesn't make any sense. Why not drop the PS4 version down a bit and get it running silky smooth? I swear, sometimes it seems like these companies make decisions just to rile up fanboys.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

"I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."

Did you write this review shawn?

I thought the PS4 was a super computer compared to the One? Cows claim it's 50% or more so would you really need to spend a lot of time with the PS4 version to notice it's better? Doesn't the fact that at 1st or 2nd glance the reviews can't tell the difference mean they're extremely close together? All the cows claiming EVERY multiplat will look AND run better is wildly exagerated.

I'm sure the amount of butthurt threads will continue.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

PS4 version is getting a patch to correct frame rate issues, so it isn't a problem guys.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

I couldn't care any less about Call of Duty, but why on earth would the dev sacrifice frames on one system to improve resolution and not do it on the other? It just doesn't make any sense. Why not drop the PS4 version down a bit and get it running silky smooth? I swear, sometimes it seems like these companies make decisions just to rile up fanboys.

My theory is because 1080P is easily marketable.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@silversix_ said:

720p. 2013. LOL. Buy a brand new system for FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to upgrade from 720p to 720p. Amazing deal, very jelly.

You do realize that reflects poor on Sony in this case right? The simple fact that a slightly weaker system that runs some games at a lower resolutionThe One looks better then its competitors with more power and higher resolution...........

LOL

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

"The early reviews of Call of Duty: Ghosts--including mine--mentioned that the PlayStation 4 version of the game suffers from occasional frame rate issues. For me, it usually showed up whenever there were a lot of particle effects on screen, but it'd pop up at random, too.I'm told that Infinity Ward is working on a patch to correct the performance issues. As our review currently doesn't apply to the PS4 version of the game--I want to play that and the Xbox One version on real multiplayer servers before assigning it a number--I'm going to see if that patch makes its way live this week and see if it helps. Currently, I'd call it a toss up between the Xbox One and PS4 versions--the Xbox One version has a smoother frame rate, but I'd rather play the game on a Dual Shock 4. Getting that frame rate pegged would definitively swing things in the PS4's direction, even over the PC version, which is sort of a mess. Of course, we're talking about minor differences in a game that has much more significant issues than mere frame rate, so you probably shouldn't take any of this as a ringing endorsement of the release without reading my review first."

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/a-few-last-minute-bits-of-playstation-4-info/1100-4785/

We'll see if IW can fix their mess of a game.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Cows are still denying this after all the evidence put forth. For shame. Snap back into reality for once.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@Gue1 said:

1080p>720p? That's not important.

One frame less? Oh dear, the world is coming down!

But I highly doubt these reviewers are so perceptible as to note a few drop in frames. Especially if it's above 30 because it's almost sure the XB1 doesn't runs at 60 frames consistently either. No version does.

LMAO Trying to downplay the gap in frame rate, where does it state that it's one frame less? Cows are more insecure about the PS4 launch than Lems are, and really, who can blame them?

@XBOunity said:

@silversix_: dat cow meltdown ia priceless hahaha

Look at them try to downplay their shitty version of COD. buh buh it's only 1 frame

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@emgesp said:

PS4 version is getting a patch to correct frame rate issues, so it isn't a problem guys.

And a piece of card to fix the wobble.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Here comes the "LOL; Lems are desperate to justify their weak system; that guy is blind" responses

+1. Cows gonna blow an utter.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@psymon100 said:

Yeah. Very interesting.

I still maintain the PS4 has won the spec war, but, I've always maintained it would not surprise me if the difference in multiplats was indiscernible. This comes from many reasons.

I can agree to that. Spec wise, PS4 is more powerful. I have always maintained that the difference won't be very noticeable because the difference in performance isn't that great. I mean, IW said they had a 1080P XB1 version of Ghosts running, they just couldn't keep the frame rate at an acceptable level.

So, to me, that sounds like the PS4 "just made it", so they went with 1080P; whereas the XB1 "just missed it".

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@psymon100 said:

Yeah. Very interesting.

I still maintain the PS4 has won the spec war, but, I've always maintained it would not surprise me if the difference in multiplats was indiscernible. This comes from many reasons.

I can agree to that. Spec wise, PS4 is more powerful. I have always maintained that the difference won't be very noticeable because the difference in performance isn't that great. I mean, IW said they had a 1080P XB1 version of Ghosts running, they just couldn't keep the frame rate at an acceptable level.

So, to me, that sounds like the PS4 "just made it", so they went with 1080P; whereas the XB1 "just missed it".

Agreed, big-time.

jimmypsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jimmypsn
Member since 2010 • 4425 Posts

Dat GDDR5 ram gives PS4 framerate issues. How funny is that?

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

@jimmypsn said:

Dat GDDR5 ram gives PS4 framerate issues. How funny is that?

There are 34+ pages of meltdown at SonyGAF.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Dreams-Visions

Much has already been made of the shortcomings of the Xbox One version of Ghosts, and so it will probably come as no surprise to hear that the Xbone version is lacking in the visual department. It's not just resolution that has suffered, however, although that in itself is fairly disappointing.

In the single-player game, at least, texture quality can range from average to very poor, and geometry itself can look clipped and badly aliased, giving the game a jaggy, muddylook that does nothing to tell you that your £429 investment was a good one. In some cases, elements of the world look barely textured at all, as is the case when the battle cruiser is seen at the end of the 'Fort Santa Monica Beachhead' mission. It was so bad that I navigated to the dashboard to ensure that the machine had been set up correctly. It had...

Multiplayer also looks demonstrably worse than in the PS4 version, with similar problems afflicting the look of the game. Mechanically it is identical, and at least the game ran stable enough to keep me blaming myself and not the frame rate for any kills I may have suffered. (Although I had no problems with the PS4 build, some users are reporting frame rate issues on Sony's machine.)

Still, whether through rushed/overstretched development or hardware problems (or a combination of both), Ghosts has ended up looking (far, in some cases) worse on Microsoft's machine than on its direct rival.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_ghosts/features/article/xbox_one_review_call_of_duty_ghosts_and_battlefield_4.html

thoughts?

I wouldn't touch this game with someone else's 12-foot pole on any platform.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#67  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Dreams-Visions said:

Much has already been made of the shortcomings of the Xbox One version of Ghosts, and so it will probably come as no surprise to hear that the Xbone version is lacking in the visual department. It's not just resolution that has suffered, however, although that in itself is fairly disappointing.

In the single-player game, at least, texture quality can range from average to very poor, and geometry itself can look clipped and badly aliased, giving the game a jaggy, muddylook that does nothing to tell you that your £429 investment was a good one. In some cases, elements of the world look barely textured at all, as is the case when the battle cruiser is seen at the end of the 'Fort Santa Monica Beachhead' mission. It was so bad that I navigated to the dashboard to ensure that the machine had been set up correctly. It had...

Multiplayer also looks demonstrably worse than in the PS4 version, with similar problems afflicting the look of the game. Mechanically it is identical, and at least the game ran stable enough to keep me blaming myself and not the frame rate for any kills I may have suffered. (Although I had no problems with the PS4 build, some users are reporting frame rate issues on Sony's machine.)

Still, whether through rushed/overstretched development or hardware problems (or a combination of both), Ghosts has ended up looking (far, in some cases) worse on Microsoft's machine than on its direct rival.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/call_of_duty_ghosts/features/article/xbox_one_review_call_of_duty_ghosts_and_battlefield_4.html

thoughts?

Videogamer.com are usually pretty good with avoiding bias. Look like just need the patch out for both platforms.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dreams-Visions

@_Matt_ said:

@Dreams-Visions said:

thoughts?

Videogamer.com are usually pretty good with avoiding bias. Look like just need the patch out for both platforms.

Thing is, where a patch can address performance-related problems (stability, framerates)...it can't address issues that are related to platform limitations. They can't, for example, add better texture quality to the One version and bump the anti-aliasing. They can address framerate issues on it where applicable.

To be sure, the PC and PS4 versions are the most likely to benefit from patches as their issues seem to programming related rather than hardware limitations.

Regardless, the game is at best a 7/10. No thanks. Too many good games out there to be worried about a mediocre CoD entry.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2143 Posts

If you are getting a ps4, killzone and battlefield 4 should be the only shooters you buy

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

If you can't tell the difference between 720 and 1080 or don't think it matters, then your opinion on technical stuffs is worthless to me.

If this becomes the prevailing mainstream opinion and convinces developers that 720p with more graphics or framerate is the way to go, then...well I guess I wouldn't really care, I'm getting all multiplats on PC. And I wouldn't say games absolutely have to be 1080p. Arguably the PS4 version of Ghosts shouldn't have been. Generally I'd agree that a smooth framerate > resolution. But 720p is just fucking sad... What a shabby next-generation it'd be if 720p remains the standard for another seven years. I expect better.

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Dreams-Visions

@Syn_Valence said:

If you are getting a ps4, killzone and battlefield 4 should be the only shooters you buy

This man gets it.

and if you're buying a One, Battlefield 4 should be the only shooter you buy. It may not be as technically prolific as the PS4 and PC versions, but at least it's a good game. This, by all accounts, is not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@Dreams-Visions said:

"The early reviews of Call of Duty: Ghosts--including mine--mentioned that the PlayStation 4 version of the game suffers from occasional frame rate issues. For me, it usually showed up whenever there were a lot of particle effects on screen, but it'd pop up at random, too.I'm told that Infinity Ward is working on a patch to correct the performance issues. As our review currently doesn't apply to the PS4 version of the game--I want to play that and the Xbox One version on real multiplayer servers before assigning it a number--I'm going to see if that patch makes its way live this week and see if it helps. Currently, I'd call it a toss up between the Xbox One and PS4 versions--the Xbox One version has a smoother frame rate, but I'd rather play the game on a Dual Shock 4. Getting that frame rate pegged would definitively swing things in the PS4's direction, even over the PC version, which is sort of a mess. Of course, we're talking about minor differences in a game that has much more significant issues than mere frame rate, so you probably shouldn't take any of this as a ringing endorsement of the release without reading my review first."

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/a-few-last-minute-bits-of-playstation-4-info/1100-4785/

We'll see if IW can fix their mess of a game.

Yeah it's pretty god damn embarrassing. The biggest, best selling entertainment franchise in all of history, each installment making over $1 billion each in mere days, yet they apparently lacked the resources to get the latest one running properly.

WiiU is the usual.
360 has a gimped player count and runs at 1024x600.
PS3 is also limited to 12 players but runs at an unprecedented 860x600. Absolutely hilarious.
PS4 has a shonky framerate.
XB1 is 720p.
PC suffers from all sorts of issues. Haven't bothered getting caught up on specifics.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

would rather have a few frame dips then a crap resolution and worse AA

ps4 version looks better....yea it might have frame dips but there is no denying the ps4 version is top

Dat damage control at it's finest.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Not sure if it was mentioned but Polygon also declared the X1 the superior version.

I knew the resolution difference was going to be alot less noticeable than people were making it out to be.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

It's almost 2014, and consoles still struggle to hit 1080p.

Disgusting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

@BeardMaster said:

Not sure if it was mentioned but Polygon also declared the X1 the superior version.

I knew the resolution difference was going to be alot less noticeable than people were making it out to be.

Yeah 720p is fine you guys.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/Xbox%20One/1920x-1.jpg~original

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/Xbox%20One/1920x-2.jpg~original

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/Xbox%20One/1920x-5.jpg~original

Linking because Gamespot compresses images to shit.