UPDATE!! 3 Reviews & new opinion: X1 Superior CoD Ghosts

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

Edit: These are just reviews and opinions. Buy what you like best.

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/66790643652/so-does-ghosts-run-better-on-xb1-rather-than-ps4

http://www.biogamergirl.com/2013/11/call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one-review.html

The biggest change for Call of Duty: Ghosts from current consoles to next generation consoles are the amazing new graphical capabilities. Call of Duty: Ghosts has beautiful visuals that look dramatically better when compared side by side with current generation versions of the game. Graphics are extremely important for players since you want a game to look just as good as it plays. There's been plenty of talk around the interwebs about the difference in the display of Call of Duty: Ghosts on PlayStation 4, that runs the game on full 1080p display, and Xbox One, which features 720p display enhanced for the best picture quality. After testing out both versions of the game, the PlayStation 4 version of the game may look just a bit better in still screenshots of the game, but the game runs much more smoother on Xbox One with very few frame drops and other bugs that somewhat plague the experience on the new Sony console.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/relax-call-of-duty-ghosts-looks-and-plays-great-on-xbox-one-i-actually-prefer-it-22533

"In fact, I'd go so far as to say I actually preferred

Ghosts

on Xbox One. Of course, it all comes down to preference, but I like the staggered stick configuration for first-person shooters, so I naturally gravitated toward the Xbox One controller. If you don't mind the stick layout of the DualShock 4, then by all means go with the PS4 version, but don't let the 1080p mumbo jumbo take precedence over your controller preference.

In addition, I also thought the experience ran a bit smoother on Xbox One when compared to the PlayStation 4 version, especially during the campaign. Perhaps going with 720p upscaled to 1080p allowed Infinity Ward to craft a slightly better performing game at the cost of a few pixels... I don't know. After all, I'm no tech expert; I can only speak to what I saw with the limited knowledge that I have. I honestly didn't see a difference as far as resolution between the two, despite the difference, so I'm either blind to that sort of thing, or it really is a non-issue. "

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/12/review-call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one/61727/

Closing Comments:

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a stunner on Xbox One. It may not be the flagship title to demo in hopes of proving how superior next-gen gaming is to current-gen, but it’s one of the finer looking launch titles on the console. The differences in quality will be instantly apparent to devoted players of the franchise and the Xbox One controller feels like it was built for the game. I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice. While Ghosts is superb on the Xbox 360, future Xbox One owners would do themselves a great disservice for not investing (or upgrading to) this version.

#2 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Shots fired, Sony down. Calling for back up.

#3 Posted by cainetao11 (15601 posts) -

Here comes the "LOL; Lems are desperate to justify their weak system; that guy is blind" responses

#4 Posted by silversix_ (13427 posts) -

720p. 2013. LOL. Buy a brand new system for FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to upgrade from 720p to 720p. Amazing deal, very jelly.

#5 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Here comes the "LOL; Lems are desperate to justify their weak system; that guy is blind" responses

@silversix_ said:

720p. 2013. LOL. Buy a brand new system for FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS to upgrade from 720p to 720p. Amazing deal, very jelly.

You called it, cain.

EDIT: For an extra $100 you can also get a better framerate, silversix ;)

#6 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

After the constant beatings the 720 got It's nice to see something more than it plays CD arguments from Lems.

#7 Edited by Gue1 (9004 posts) -

1080p>720p? That's not important.

One frame less? Oh dear, the world is coming down!

But I highly doubt these reviewers are so perceptible as to note a few drop in frames. Especially if it's above 30 because it's almost sure the XB1 doesn't runs at 60 frames consistently either. No version does.

#8 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Steady framerate 720p> Choppy framerate 1080p.

#9 Edited by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

Again, opinions are like assholes, everybody got one. But this trend is interesting. So far 3 out of 4 reviews that I have read prefer the Xbox One version, while one finds them overall equal, with both having their good sides and faults. Xbox One will be fine. I've said that from day one, saying it now, will continue saying it. Resolution alone does not make a game great. 1080p isn't a magic bullet.

#10 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -
#11 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12655 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Again, opinions are like assholes, everybody got one. But this trend is interesting. So far 3 out of 4 reviews that I have read prefer the Xbox One version, while one finds them overall equal, with both having their good sides and faults. Xbox One will be fine. I've said that from day one, saying it now, will continue saying it. Resolution alone does not make a game great. 1080p isn't a magic bullet.

using that analogy some of those opinions stink.

#12 Edited by blackace (19580 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

But..but... the 720P. lmao!! TCHBO. LMAO!! First Damage Control response confirmed. Please, more tear.

GAMEPLAY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>... 1080P confirmed. LOL!!

******************************************************************************************************

@danabo said:

Steady framerate 720p> Choppy framerate 1080p.

Maybe IW should have went 720P with the PS4 version as well. lmao!!

#13 Posted by Chutebox (36079 posts) -
#14 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9177 posts) -

The tables have turned cows

#15 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5656 posts) -

I would not dismiss the resolution so lightly, it does make a big difference in a 1080p TV especially if you sit close to your TV. Also frame rate we still dont know which runs better, we will have to wait for DF for that. On another note, I would advice people to stay away from this trash ghost cod game. If you like COD wait for Treyarch to pull off a proper nextgen COD game.

#16 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12655 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto/relax-call-of-duty-ghosts-looks-and-plays-great-on-xbox-one-i-actually-prefer-it-22533

Ghosts

on Xbox One. Of course, it all comes down to preference,

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/11/12/review-call-of-duty-ghosts-xbox-one/61727/

Closing Comments:

I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version,

Who do they hire at these sites? Like seriously, how hard is it to get a job as a reviewer I seriously want to know.

Because it seems piss easy, maybe I should apply.

#17 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

Ghosts

Closing Comments:

I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version,

Speaking about Xbox One... "...but at this point it’s my version of choice."

#18 Edited by silversix_ (13427 posts) -
#19 Posted by Chutebox (36079 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

Ghosts

Closing Comments:

Speaking about Xbox One... "...but at this point it’s my version of choice."

That was the same guy who said he hadn't had enough time with PS4 version. All this is crap until DF actually does an analysis.

#20 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1811 posts) -

gamerevolution: "I don't know. After all, I'm no tech expert; I can only speak to what I saw with the limited knowledge that I have. I honestly didn't see a difference as far as resolution between the two, despite the difference, so I'm either blind to that sort of thing"

harcoregamer: " I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."

lol, lemming desperation is to point of sadness. it ok guy, MS will unlock cloud and esram power any time now.

#21 Posted by Krelian-co (9788 posts) -

#22 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

IGN -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-ghosts-review

Character customization, maps, dynamic events, weapons, gametypes, and constant 60fps multiplayer framerates are ubiquitous across current- and next-gen platforms. The biggest variations between platforms falls upon visuals and player counts.

On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout.

Polygon-

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/505...-ghosts-review

While the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed by Activision to run at a lower resolution than its PS4 counterpart (720p upscaled to 1080p native, respectively), that numerical difference is less meaningful than you might imagine.

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 ,

I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release,

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One.

#23 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Yeah. Very interesting.

I still maintain the PS4 has won the spec war, but, I've always maintained it would not surprise me if the difference in multiplats was indiscernible. This comes from many reasons.

#24 Posted by lglz1337 (2826 posts) -

look at all this cod madness lol. GFX looks like ass on both consoles even pc

#25 Posted by lamprey263 (22298 posts) -

I'll just say that if every multiplat game for the next generation could be better on the X1 (hypothetically speaking), Sony fanboys will still hail the PS4 as superior based on their pretty exclusives. This news will do nothing to move fanboys into the factions they've tethered themselves to.

#26 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5656 posts) -

video of both enjoy.... He says in the video, that the settings for both were not the same, a mistake on his part. So one may look darker than the other.

#27 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

"I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."..................................lolololol

lems desperation is very funny.lol

PS4........better 1080p games and cheaper....deal with that.

#28 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Why do we still care about COD Ghosts? Even a high end card has problems running this at max and 60fps. This game is clearly a rushed pile of shite.

#29 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Why do we still care about COD Ghosts? Even a high end card has problems running this at max and 60fps. This game is clearly a rushed pile of shite.

"On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout."

Weird, that under-powered 720p TVBox seems to run it fine.

#30 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

"I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."..................................lolololol

lems desperation is very funny.lol

PS4........better 1080p games and cheaper....deal with that.

I, like those reviewers, have made our choice. We prefer the more balanced, better versions of the game on Xbox One. Thank you :)

#31 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

M$ should of named the Xbox one what everyone thought it was going to be called the Xbox 720 since it only does 720p games.

#32 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

/thread

#33 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

/thread

Its ok, NDS. The PS4 version of CoD is the 2nd best version. 2 is a balanced number. Unlike the wobbly PS4 console. :)

#34 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

SonyGAF are back on 1080p vs 720p and saying the framerate differences are irrelevant, while also posting GIFS of DR3 berating the framerate dips. Hilarious.

#35 Edited by jwsoul (5289 posts) -

Its quite clear in the Multiplayer section of the above posted video that COD on the PS4 is at a higher resolution and looks better for it.

#36 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

In a multiplayer you don't notice the leaves on a tree way over their in the corner, you notice your opponent skipping across the map and you can't kill him because he lags. The cows have been owned.

#37 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

May as well add this:

http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/66790643652/so-does-ghosts-run-better-on-xb1-rather-than-ps4

#38 Posted by nexus303 (204 posts) -

Ouch, that has too hurt!

Pre-order cancelled!

#39 Edited by silversix_ (13427 posts) -

"The biggest change for Call of Duty: Ghosts from current consoles to next generation consoles are the amazing new graphical capabilities" this is where i stopped reading.... first sentence. X1= from 720p to 720p, shit yeah 2013 power

#40 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

@danabo said:

May as well add this:

Thank you my friend, I will update :)

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (15601 posts) -

@danabo said:

@cainetao11 said:

@silversix_ said:

You called it, cain.

EDIT: For an extra $100 you can also get a better framerate, silversix ;)

He cant see things clearly in 720p. Give him a break.

#42 Posted by PonchoTaco (1890 posts) -

COWS:

#43 Edited by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

Ghosts

Closing Comments:

I expected better from the TC. Sad times indeed

#44 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Well, add these too.

IGN -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...-ghosts-review

Character customization, maps, dynamic events, weapons, gametypes, and constant 60fps multiplayer framerates are ubiquitous across current- and next-gen platforms. The biggest variations between platforms falls upon visuals and player counts.

On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4, whereas my time with the Xbox One version was stable throughout.

Polygon-

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/5/505...-ghosts-review

While the Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed by Activision to run at a lower resolution than its PS4 counterpart (720p upscaled to 1080p native, respectively), that numerical difference is less meaningful than you might imagine.

The two versions look nearly identical. Viewing the Xbox One release next to the PS4 ,

I had difficulty telling them apart. It's possible that the PS4 version looked somewhat sharper, but that may have just been my imagination after confirming the hard resolution difference.

The next-gen releases of Call of Duty: Ghosts are so close together that gun to my head, I'd have no confidence in being able to discern which version was which — at least, while the two are standing still.

The Xbox One release's framerate was far more noticeable. As mentioned in the initial review, Call of Duty: Ghosts suffers from consistent framerate drops on the PS4, especially during multiplayer when action got especially hectic. The Xbox One version suffered no such drops, maintaining a steady 60 frames per second throughout.

For a multiplayer shooter, framerate consistency is paramount. Given its relative visual parity with the PS4 release,

Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more playable, slightly superior (albeit disappointing) game on Xbox One.

May as well all be in one thread.

#45 Edited by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Chutebox said:

@shawn30 said:

Ghosts

Closing Comments:

I expected better from the TC. Sad times indeed

I didn't write those reviews or that opinion. Its sad that Sony fans are so upset over one .5 score or that 3 people on this planet think a Xbox One game is better than the PS4 versions. There's alot of emotion in this thread. Alot of crying, whining, and complaining. But that's ok cause this is System Wars and as you well know things can change on a dime. One patch would likely fix the PS4 versions issues. But for now the Xbox One version is simply the best place to play Call of Duty. Sad times for Cows, indeed.

#46 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

"I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."

Did you write this review shawn?

#47 Posted by shawn30 (4250 posts) -

"I haven’t had enough time with the PS4 version to declare this the definitive version, but at this point it’s my version of choice."

Did you write this review shawn?

Rolls eyes.

Its OK, my friend. Killzone reviews are coming and the PS4 will be redeemed. Its alright. Its ok. Hugs.

#48 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@danabo: the day jeremy conrad cred went to sh*t

#49 Posted by stereointegrity (10659 posts) -

would rather have a few frame dips then a crap resolution and worse AA

ps4 version looks better....yea it might have frame dips but there is no denying the ps4 version is top

#50 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@danabo: the day jeremy conrad cred went to sh*t

Fun times.

This was not expected.