Uncharted 4's previews (apparently) shown; "breathtaking"

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

meh the uncharted series is getting stale for me. I'll check it out for sure but it's not a must buy, good visuals or not.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I can't wait for UC4. I loved the third one but for some reason the second UC felt boring to me.

Counting shitty posts? Good luck with that tss.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

Bomba: Uncharted 4 with The Last Of Us narrative / pace, gunplay, sneaking mechanics and gameplay upgrades

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@tonitorsi said:

Bomba: Uncharted 4 with The Last Of Us narrative / pace, gunplay, sneaking mechanics and gameplay upgrades

#TotalSDC #DominationHasWon #PraiseKaz

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

inb4 gameplay leak

at this point there won't be shit for E3.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Would of preferred something new and fresh from ND really. I don't want them to get sucked into sequels all the time.

They've produced 4 franchises over 3 generations, that's pretty damn good.

Though I find it weird they released TLOU on PS3 and are making Uncharted 4 for PS4...

PS1:

crash 1

Crash 2

Crash 3

Crash: racing

PS2:

Jak 1

Jak 2

Jak 3

Jak: racing

PS3:

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Obviously not going to get Uncharted: racing but here is where I expected Uncharted 4 or a spin off

then PS4:

TLOU 1

TLOU 2

TLOU 3

We all know ND's not going to leave TLOU alone, after creating their greatest ever masterpiece and a game so brilliant it is among the finest of all time, with excellent characters to dig deeper into, we know there's going to be a 2 & 3.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I hope ND shows a new IP as well. I have no desire to even look at a new Uncharted let alone play one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@clyde46 said:

Would of preferred something new and fresh from ND really. I don't want them to get sucked into sequels all the time.

They've produced 4 franchises over 3 generations, that's pretty damn good.

Though I find it weird they released TLOU on PS3 and are making Uncharted 4 for PS4...

PS1:

crash 1

Crash 2

Crash 3

Crash: racing

PS2:

Jak 1

Jak 2

Jak 3

Jak: racing

PS3:

Uncharted 1

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 3

Obviously not going to get Uncharted: racing but here is where I expected Uncharted 4 or a spin off

then PS4:

TLOU 1

TLOU 2

TLOU 3

We all know ND's not going to leave TLOU alone, after creating their greatest ever masterpiece and a game so brilliant it is among the finest of all time, with excellent characters to dig deeper into, we know there's going to be a 2 & 3.

I think that's what he's worried about, since they've never previously spanned a series across multiple gens.

Also, just because TLOU of great does not mean it needs a sequel

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@lostrib: Oh I fully agree, it doesn't need a sequel, in fact I don't want it to have a sequel. It was more or less the perfect game. Much like Half Life 3, I'm not sure if the developers will ever meet the hype of the next one.

I'd be mind blown if Naughty Gods manage to pull it off AGAIN.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@lostrib: Oh I fully agree, it doesn't need a sequel, in fact I don't want it to have a sequel. It was more or less the perfect game. Much like Half Life 3, I'm not sure if the developers will ever meet the hype of the next one.

I'd be mind blown if Naughty Gods manage to pull it off AGAIN.

I'd be okay with a sequel in the same world but just not joel and ellie.

Including infected animals would be pretty cool

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#62  Edited By biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

Visually it will be great but do we need another Uncharted? Doesn't Sony trust ND to make something new that could be a system seller? They're on fire at the moment.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Going to be epic and another CE edition, day fucking 1 purchase is immanent.

Collector's edition edition?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#64 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

Cool beans. If it comes around a time period where nothing else I want to play is out, I'll give it a spin. Uncharted 2 to me is still a very fun game.

Otherwise the franchise is too stale for me after 3 that it would need to show some signs of genuine change to get me in the mood. Regardless I don't mind them making this game. Make this, make their papers stack, use said paper stacks to fund a more compelling project ala The Last of Us(though hopefully not a sequel to the Last of Us).

It's the kind of stuff more of these Triple A studios should do if they have to make these safe bets. It's the kind of shit I wish Nintendo did in between being Nintendo.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@freedomfreak said:

I will be surprised if this ends up being a good looking game. Name one Naughty Dog game that pushed visuals.

Just one.

Not sure if serious...

Lol, I'm assuming he's being sarcastic.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Heil68 said:

Going to be epic and another CE edition, day fucking 1 purchase is immanent.

Collector's edition edition?

Double the pleasure. :D

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#67 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'll wait for some actual game play before proclaiming it the end all game for the PS4. Especially after the hot mess that was Uncharted 3, when it released. It's still a pretty boring SP game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Don't forget to add co-op

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

"Sorry, this content is no longer available."

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Although I spend most of my time on my Xbox One lately. I cannot WAIT for TLOU PS4 and Uncharted 4. ND are my favorite developers....so pumped!

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@biggest_loser said:

Visually it will be great but do we need another Uncharted? Doesn't Sony trust ND to make something new that could be a system seller? They're on fire at the moment.

Certainly. At this point ND can make the game they want to make. According to ND, they really wanted to do another Uncharted.

Isn't my choice, but if they wanna make it, and millions are going to buy it, it's kinda hard to complain.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#72  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

@Blabadon said:

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=23914065

Uncharted 4 apparently is getting shown off a bit ahead of its inevitable E3 demo. Hard not to get excited at the very least about what's possible here graphically.

However, I did check on Twitter who the tweets came from, and it didn't seem that they were an immediately credible source. It was a quick glance, but take this with a pinch of salt.

Also, cows and lems, leave your shit posts at the door. You come here, think of something original.

I'll keep a tally of shit posts here as well.

Suppaman100 - 1

Tormentos - 1

EDIT: The link's been taken down. Wonder what that means.

Come on blabs, why do you still post on SW if you're expecting good posts? That's like asking Michael J. Fox to sit still. That's like asking Ray Charles to watch where the **** he's going. That's like asking Uwe Boll to make a good movie. That's like asking Sasha Grey to turn down dick. That's like asking AAA developers to come up with something original. That's like asking champ to not have horrible taste.. That's like asking Kobe Bryant to engage in consensual sex. That like asking Charlie Sheen to not do cocaine. That's like asking me to show restraint. It doesn't work, you ****.

Boggle_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Boggle_Dragon
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

While we're on leaks a new Battlefield Hardline multiplayer gameplay video has appeared, grab it before its gone. I don't gots teh 500 posts.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YkknsCqAeFk

Just one guy running around a map.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Same but i'm still hoping they take Uncharted in at least a slightly different direction and do without Nathan Drake

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

Shit-post tally should be mandatory. Then again, there'd only be a few names up there repeatedly... See above.

OT: I really wouldn't be surprised. ND have made some very impressive looking games.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#76 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

@Blabadon said:

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=23914065

Uncharted 4 apparently is getting shown off a bit ahead of its inevitable E3 demo. Hard not to get excited at the very least about what's possible here graphically.

However, I did check on Twitter who the tweets came from, and it didn't seem that they were an immediately credible source. It was a quick glance, but take this with a pinch of salt.

Also, cows and lems, leave your shit posts at the door. You come here, think of something original.

I'll keep a tally of shit posts here as well.

Suppaman100 - 1

Tormentos - 1

EDIT: The link's been taken down. Wonder what that means.

Come on blabs, why do you still post on SW if you're expecting good posts? That's like asking Michael J. Fox to sit still. That's like asking Ray Charles to watch where the **** he's going. That's like asking Uwe Boll to make a good movie. That's like asking Sasha Grey to turn down dick. That's like asking AAA developers to come up with something original. That's like asking champ to not have horrible taste.. That's like asking Kobe Bryant to engage in consensual sex. That like asking Charlie Sheen to not do cocaine. That's like asking me to show restraint. It doesn't work, you ****.

It gets people to post stupid posts, which I get to count in the OP. Part of the plan.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Kind of sad I'm more excited about the visuals than the game it self ... 3 really left a bad taste in my mouth.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Ha, breathtaking. If only gaming still saw visual jumps worthy of those words.

I'm sure it will look great though. Might even be the best looking game out when it drops.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#79 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Uncharted was the pinnacle of the previous generation

Cannot wait to see more

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I hope it's a million times better then UC3.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#81 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Lather me in pig grease and put my panties on backwards, I'm all set for a new Uncharted!

While not as good as its predecessor, Uncharted 3 was still a ton of fun and a game I'm planning to replay sometime in the near future. Really hope Uncharted 4 meets the bar Naughty Dog has set for themselves with The Last of Us. While a very different game, I believe they can find ways to do it.

AJCyberpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AJCyberpunk
Member since 2014 • 29 Posts

I loved all 3 Uncharted games. U2 was such a big jump from UC1. U3 was awesome but felt too much of the same. Things id like to see... Improved puzzles and Exploration

More advanced Melee system and a storyline that takes big risks to refresh the series.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Sony would insta win E3 even if they show only Uncharted. looking forward to seeing this game and the many new IP's from sony.

they are set to dominate this E3

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

There have been rumblings that Uncharted 4 looks amazing. Whether it gets a downgrade, delay and sucks will all be answered in time.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@gpuking said:

If games like Infamous and The Order are already sending Crysis 3 back to its cave, UC4's graphics would rip a hole in the space time continuum.

Sorry Famous for no shadows and the prebaked Order 800p@10FPS so far didn't even have anything over Crysis 2. Remind me again what were you saying? Remain jelly. Though it's good to see that you left Crapzone behind and are now betting on the UC4. Would be fun to rip UC4 once it's out.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

If games like Infamous and The Order are already sending Crysis 3 back to its cave, UC4's graphics would rip a hole in the space time continuum.

Sorry Famous for no shadows and the prebaked Order 800p@10FPS so far didn't even have anything over Crysis 2. Remind me again what were you saying? Remain jelly. Though it's good to see that you left Crapzone behind and are now betting on the UC4. Would be fun to rip UC4 once it's out.

lol...butthurt maximum level..hahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Is the Order really that resolution? And guess what? If it is, and these console developers are able to output a better looking image at that resolution vs some high end pc games, the fck pc. Seriously, it is as if pc fanboys only see resolution or miss details that actually make up a good looking image. A good film director can put out a 16mm film that looks better than an amateurs 32mm one. There's more to it than just resolution.

cimbom1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cimbom1993
Member since 2013 • 130 Posts

@Heirren: Wel why the hell are sony fanboys always bringing resolution war in the xbone threats, its funny when we talk about 4k crysis 3 you guys go immediately in defense mode and say that resolution is not that important. Wich is more than the difference between xbone & ps4. If you guys think The Order even come close to crysis 3 than you guys are crazy.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I didn't play U3 nor very much of U1. But I hope it has the variety of beautiful level design that U2 had.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#90 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@clyde46 said:

This. Not that they are a totally original and highly talented developer, but they have lots of experience and have shown ability to create solid, fresh experiences. Even if they aren't the pinnacle of game design.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lol epic butthurt from Lemmings with their garbage console that plays CoD in 720P and the windows gamers still trying to compete with their last gen x360 titles hahaha!

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Its Naughty Dog. They are the Developers of the Year. They made TLOU also.
They pushed the 7 year old PS3 graphics to the limits and games are continually good.
They did well with SNOW and SAND physics... wonder what is next.
Uncharted series have won many GOTY awards and contain memorable characters, they even had online play.
Hardly a bad bone with Uncharted series but everyone has their favourite. However, no idea what the staff changes mean but am sure they know what they are doing.

One of the best IP makers of last gen, if not the best, is going next gen!
Expecting further butthurt from haters.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Crysis 3 looks better.

No one cares what you think.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@cimbom1993 said:

@Heirren: Wel why the hell are sony fanboys always bringing resolution war in the xbone threats, its funny when we talk about 4k crysis 3 you guys go immediately in defense mode and say that resolution is not that important. Wich is more than the difference between xbone & ps4. If you guys think The Order even come close to crysis 3 than you guys are crazy.

Alright I didn't bother with looking for best pic here or there. I'm saying that there is more care to the overall image. With pc, developers just make whatever models they want etc etc etc and then say, "...and this is what you need to run it." On consoles, because of the limitations, there's far more attention paid to the consistency of the overall image. Sure Crysis is higher resolution, but then you get seams here and there, a really high res texture sitting next to something that may be of lower quality--it just looks off. Even though the fidelity of the lower(The Order) image may be less to some, it still has a far better balance imo.