Uncharted 4's previews (apparently) shown; "breathtaking"

• 93 results
#1 Edited by Blabadon (27132 posts) -

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=23914065

Uncharted 4 apparently is getting shown off a bit ahead of its inevitable E3 demo. Hard not to get excited at the very least about what's possible here graphically.

However, I did check on Twitter who the tweets came from, and it didn't seem that they were an immediately credible source. It was a quick glance, but take this with a pinch of salt.

Also, cows and lems, leave your shit posts at the door. You come here, think of something original.

I'll keep a tally of shit posts here as well.

Suppaman100 - 1

Tormentos - 1

EDIT: The link's been taken down. Wonder what that means.

#2 Posted by clyde46 (46793 posts) -

Would of preferred something new and fresh from ND really. I don't want them to get sucked into sequels all the time.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (41386 posts) -

I will be surprised if this ends up being a good looking game. Name one Naughty Dog game that pushed visuals.

Just one.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (9631 posts) -

Crysis 3 looks better.

#5 Posted by Suppaman100 (4008 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Also, cows and lems, leave your shit posts at the door. You come here, think of something original.

TLHBO

#6 Edited by Blabadon (27132 posts) -

@freedomfreak: Rings of Power

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (9817 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Would of preferred something new and fresh from ND really. I don't want them to get sucked into sequels all the time.

Didn't they have some space game they were working on or am I thinking of another dev?

#8 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

I wouldn't put it past naughty dog to bring amazing visuals to a console but the sorry also matters and uncharted 3 story was awful!

#9 Posted by sHaDyCuBe321 (4165 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I will be surprised if this ends up being a good looking game. Name one Naughty Dog game that pushed visuals.

Just one.

Not sure if serious...

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (58856 posts) -

I really hope this one is a return to form for the series. I really liked Drake's Fortune and especially Among Thieves, but Drake's Deception and Golden Abyss both disappointed me immensely. Hopefully, with most of Naughty Dog working on this title, we can see the kind of brilliance here that we saw before and with The Last of Us.

#11 Posted by Terrencec06 (3570 posts) -

Like the story in 1 and 2 better than 3. But MP in 3 was good. I'm not too worried that ND will let me down.

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14527 posts) -

More Cutscenes ? Bring It !

#13 Posted by gpuking (2983 posts) -

If games like Infamous and The Order are already sending Crysis 3 back to its cave, UC4's graphics would rip a hole in the space time continuum.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (58856 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Eh, they literally just came out with a new IP last year. They can deliver a sequel now if they want to, I should say.

#15 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

will be crowned graphics King when released

#16 Edited by Heil68 (45693 posts) -

Going to be epic and another CE edition, day fucking 1 purchase is immanent.

#17 Edited by getyeryayasout (7726 posts) -

"Breathtaking" is a hint, they were never working on an outer space game, it's underwater! Atlantis here we come!

I hope.

Hurry up, E3.

#18 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4937 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Why ? Was there a precedent ? From what I know, none of the Uncharted games have been crowned as such.

#19 Posted by hippiesanta (9915 posts) -

Uncharted 4 will have red wedding

#20 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: they...they kinda have. :-\

#21 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4937 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@jhonMalcovich: they...they kinda have. :-\

No, they kinda haven't.

#22 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3445 posts) -

The graphics are not high on my list of things I want from the next Uncharted. I hope Uncharted doesn't go the route that Infamous did and just use the exact same gameplay with nice visuals. I know what most Cows care about is "Graphics King" but I actually want to have fun playing the game.

#23 Edited by musicalmac (23112 posts) -

lol... breathtaking...

#24 Edited by mems_1224 (47440 posts) -

Everyone knows the game will look incredible. The question is, can ND make a 3rd person shooter that doesn't suck to play? Im hoping they can with the next Uncharted now that the Playstation has a controller that isn't horrible.

#25 Posted by drekula2 (1949 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Just one.

i can name 4 of them

#26 Edited by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

You know who isn't going to take this well. Anyway inb4 the "unbiased owner of all system" proclaiming it to be bad. lol

At the end of the day, the game will rake in the gotys, and the sales. haters am cry.

Can't wait to see what ND is up to.

#27 Edited by nervmeister (15290 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

The question is, can ND make a 3rd person shooter that doesn't suck to play?

According to many opinions apart from your own (reviewers and gamers included), yes they most certain can.

#28 Posted by Masculus (2876 posts) -

I liked the second. The third... couldn't bring myself to finish it. Wonder if they'll bother doing more for it's gameplay. It had terrible shooting.

#29 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@clyde46: They just did something fresh called The Last Of Us. Uncharted has great sales, is critically acclaimed and I think it is time for another sequel. By the time it releases there will likely have been 4 years between games.

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (47440 posts) -

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

According to many opinions apart from your own (reviewers and gamers included), yes they most certain can.

Well, they have yet to make a TPS that doesn't have crap gameplay.

#31 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3336 posts) -

The link isn't working for me TC. Anyone else having this issue.

@gpuking said:

If games like Infamous and The Order are already sending Crysis 3 back to its cave, UC4's graphics would rip a hole in the space time continuum.

@amazonangry said:

Huh, no. Crysis 3's level of detail, considering the semi openness of the game, is still ahead of both, and that's a last gen game anyway. Not that games like Infamous, Ryse or The Order don't look good. They look great actually.

If CD Projekt Red makes its magic work, The Witcher 3 maxed out on PC will be graphics king for a couple of years ahead of any console game. Long before uncharted 4. After that, it'll probably be Star Citizen or Crysis 4 (if that ever gets made):

#32 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1756 posts) -

The gameplay should look as good as UC3 cutscenes at 1080p :)

#33 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

But yet they have sold 17 million copies of said franchise. I'm sure things won't change on a whim anytime soon.

And anyways the gameplay isn't crap per se. It's just really standard stuff IMO

#34 Edited by GarGx1 (2860 posts) -

Every PS4 and Xbox One game will look awesome at E3, because they'll all be shown in 4k. What counts is how they look on release day.

I know this place will fill up with bull shots (sorry HQ shots) of all the popular games announced at E3. Just for once please understand what they are showing you and don't be too disappointed when the actual games come out.

#35 Posted by Daious (1649 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Everyone knows the game will look incredible. The question is, can ND make a 3rd person shooter that doesn't suck to play? Im hoping they can with the next Uncharted now that the Playstation has a controller that isn't horrible.

I think its the overall gunplay mechanics. Enemies are bullet sponges in UC3.

Multiplayer needs a huge overall too.

#36 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14680 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol @mems opinions.

It must be like reaching into an overflowing toilet every time.

#37 Posted by gago-gago (9558 posts) -

Games at E3 always look their best, everyone should learn this by now. All Naughty Dogs games have been downgraded since their E3 debut, but they still look good. Looks aside, hopefully gameplay will be good and if they have multiplayer, make that as good better yet better. And they need to give at least a specific release year if not a specific release date. But even then, these Sony games are more likely prone to get delayed or just announced earlier than it should have.

#38 Edited by jsmoke03 (12980 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

But yet they have sold 17 million copies of said franchise. I'm sure things won't change on a whim anytime soon.

they need to change the aim sensitivity. its sooo crap. one thing tombraider, sleeping dogs, and even watchdogs got right is the aim sensitivity (not the slowmo bullet time mechanic but just how aiming feels) great games from nd but thats just something minor

#39 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5811 posts) -

TC with his coolness and Police avatar. Thats class people.

#40 Edited by lostrib (39009 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Just one.

i can name 4 of them

well, name them?

#41 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@mems_1224 said:

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

they need to change the aim sensitivity. its sooo crap. one thing tombraider, sleeping dogs, and even watchdogs got right is the aim sensitivity (not the slowmo bullet time mechanic but just how aiming feels) great games from nd but thats just something minor

Every game is gonna have slight flaws. But I feel yeah with something important as that. Also it's been 3 years since the last uncharted game released so hopefully they've been hard at work.

#42 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4937 posts) -

@Blabadon: Your link doesn't work, so it's hard to say why the previews are so "breathtaking"

#43 Edited by tormentos (18846 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

According to score non on the 3 done on PS3 suck gameplay wise you butthurt lemming..lol

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (47440 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

According to score non on the 3 done on PS3 suck gameplay wise you butthurt lemming..lol

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#45 Posted by mems_1224 (47440 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@nervmeister said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol @mems opinions.

It must be like reaching into an overflowing toilet every time.

Its better than ReadingRainbow opinions which are just whining about everything. Funny how the only games you dont cry about are Sony games. lol

#46 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5811 posts) -
@KillzoneSnake said:

The gameplay should look as good as UC3 cutscenes at 1080p :)

I'm expecting much much better than that. Character models are rumored to be 10 times more detailed. If it is UC3 cutscene quality then thats shit.

#47 Edited by tormentos (18846 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

#48 Posted by mems_1224 (47440 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

why are you crying little cow?

#49 Posted by freedomfreak (41386 posts) -

People posting crying babies always freak me out.

Google search "Crying baby".

That's always gonna look bad when somebody goes through your history.

#50 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5811 posts) -

@mems_1224: Stahp the hate people. Love one another. Rejoyce in Godny.