UH OH, Angry JOE is MAD! StarField REviEW .

• 92 results
daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

He felt lied too. Thinks the game looks outdated and FUGLY and controls are cumbersome, NPC are lifeless, AI is stupid. I can go on and on.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2468 Posts

Joe couldn’t be a journalist because of plagiarism and dude would miss the deadline by a month.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17427 Posts

Very good review and I agree with a lot of his criticisms.

I don't agree with the 6, after 66hrs, I'd give it a 7.5-8

There was a lot of stuff he missed simply because he's a streamer and he played the game for entertainment, but I always enjoy his reviews.

Very detailed and funny review

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69492 Posts

Another Starfield thread.😂

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Man, Starfield is talked about a lot on this forum. I haven't played it yet, but it sounds like what I expect, Skyrim in space.

With games like Mario Wonder and Spiderman 2 getting ready to launch, I figured people would be more worried about them than a game they have no intention of playing because it isn't on the plastic box of their choice.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Starfield 24/7/365 baby! Let’s go! 😅

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56112 Posts

Just got done watching Joe's review about an hour ago and for the most part, he isn't wrong with most of his points. The characters NPC is indeed worst than they are for Mass Effect: Andromeda, but that's subjective if you care about that. My main problem with Starfield is the whole landing/taking off is nothing but loading screen as I'm so used to just flying, landing/taking off from Planets as it's the norm if you played No Man's Sky or Star Citizen that does it with ease. Starfield isn't a bad game by any means, but the more you play, the flaws you can see. Again, nothing wrong enjoying/loving Starfield, don't be ashamed to call out the flaws either and that's what Joe did for the most part.

Joe giving this a 6/10 is a fair score but for me, I'm giving Starfield a 7/10 but the whole space part is really limited making it my favorite space game.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

@iambatman7986: you're in a forum called "system wars", where a game that Microsoft payed $8 billion for and 25 years in the making. And then scored a low 7. Of course people are still dunking on that flop.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@uitravioience said:

@iambatman7986: you're in a forum called "system wars", where a game that Microsoft payed $8 billion for and 25 years in the making. And then scored a low 7. Of course people are still dunking on that flop.

Do you mean the flop that was the top seller last month?🙃

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

It’s a mediocre game.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

We’re still doing this, driving traffic to AJ?

Hope that check clears, OP

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

@davillain: funny, I never had annoying loading waits except when loading, but transitions aren't instantaneous, but there are subtleties and nuances to traveling that save you all the tedious parts

If your in your cockpit in space and need to jump, gotta do the who warp drive start up, travel, then land

If you get out of the cockpit to walk ship, go to menu map, chart your course, your already loading next system, and if you set landing location, none of the tedious travel shit like landing, except some scan instances but mostly avoided if you don't carry contraband

Even if I'm encumbered, if I'm in my ship and want to drop load off at The Lodge, get out of cockpit, set course directly to Lodge, warps and I'm already at point ready to walk through door rather than having to land at starport, take tram to MAST district and walk there

It's so convenient I realized that ship jump range doesn't even matter, you might try charting course to another system it'll say you don't have range, but if you set course to same area but on a spot you've landed before suddenly jump range doesn't factor and you're there

Tips to ignore the tedious parts of travel

The game got more enjoyable for me when I figured this all out myself, upped the pace of getting stuff done

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

Someone who goes by the name angry is mad, colour me shocked 🙄

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lamprey263

Just starting his vid, the fact he spent several weeks doing this I'll respect that, it's all I played since the early access release for it and I only deleted it the other day to keep myself from playing more, 1000/1000 it on Series X|S, so, he put time and I'll respect that. Most reviewers rushed their reviews anyways and this game takes time.

I'll say I agree this game has flaws that need fixing. Just on the Xbox consoles the game needs major stability and performance improvements.

Nonetheless, I still had lots of fun with what is there, this game can be a lot better but it's improvable. I have to assume too he had lot of fun playing it or he'd of not taken several weeks to finish his review, and that should say a lot by itself.

Perhaps some of the issues he points out with PC behavior in dialog is PC specific, I didn't have these on consoles except something like it when my companion chimes in between speaking with an NPC, then it might be 50/50

I'm actually surprised after weeks he'd complain about encumbered. Don't get me wrong, in any TES or Fallout game I've always hit these while getting adjusted while learning to focus on what I should or shouldn't bother to pick up, because that's always just been an aspect in their games, and definitely less burdensome because you can actually move, and it isn't even really a big burden on health and stamina unless you're carrying my entire 5000+ unit cargo of resources back to the Lodge to stash where it instantly depletes stamina and drops but even then not worried it's a safe place and I have health regen armor upgrade so no consumables needed... surprised me someone playing several weeks gripes about it, encumbered isn't a burden as people make it out to be and highly manageable, and more an early learning issue and remedied with looting discipline, keeping a lean profile with one set of effective upgraded armor and one or two well rounded weapons. He doesn't even realize you can fast travel while encumbered, just not from outside the ship, get in the ship, issue eliminated.

NPC money complaints, again, feel like he's stretching this. Yes, they are limited yet I found money was never an issue for me this while game. I keep my cargo on ship for stuff to sell which makes selling easy because you can just sell straight from ship inventory. If I came across vendor I'd just sell from ship and if I came across another same thing. I don't have to weigh myself down or worry about carrying. I'm starting to see his whining as he just sucks at playing the game but that's me. He even complains about doing the wait thing to refresh vendor cash but again, I was aware you can do this but thought it too burdensome to even care to do because it's simply not needed, I don't know why people are so strapped for cash in this game, again, I think he sucks at playing it. Most times I sell it's not even for money just to get rid of stuff, so rather than worry about getting cash for everything, I buy all their ammo and crafting resources to get rid of the weapons stash I have on ship then for dump crafting resources off at my lodge locker for later to wither upgrade weapons and gear or do research or for later outpost development. Again, his complaining is indicative of a fundamental problem with him adapting to the game design. If he wants to sell, go to a major city like Neon there's numerous shops in strip with around 5000 vendor credits and every city has trade authority with 11000 credits. So many stretches of missions I just stopped looting guns and only picked up weightless stuff like credits and ammo digipicks and that's enough when I'm carrying over 3 million credits and got nothing I wanna spend it on because my Class A is top notch and figured out best armor and weapon combos I need not bother with anything else and borderline OP anyways focus on story development you 40+ year old noob acting like you never played a Bethesda game he's starting to piss me off now.

Now he's screaming about traveling system. I mean, the game pretty much gated between planetside travel, planet/moon orbits, and in system fast travel between bodies, and inter-system grav drive jumps, and that's clear early on. But, screaming about it like he's fighting the game is grasping at straws ridiculous at this point, he's just putting on a show at this point. I'd agree though the menu UI could be more intuitive in this respect, but screaming, grow up Joe, you're just being a whiney lil bitch now.

He then complains about the non-immersive aspect of fast travel which okay you will get a load screen there if you go the load screen fast travel route, because it's just faster than taking an immersive route. But if you wanna experience the transition aspect of travel, get in your ship, lift off planetside rather than fast travel to see it lift off transition and launch into space, if your destination is selected again, don't fast travel, select the way point while in space to set a target initiate grav drives, power grav drives, wait for the charge up, warp screen kicks in, now while in destination orbit, select landing zone and watch it land. And if you wanna select a planet moon while in orbit in visual range, you can do that without menus by bringing up the scan overlay. I swear he either sucks at this game or fabricating excuses to complain. You don't even have to go through multiple map menus when in orbit just point ship at planet and hit X (or whatever PC input) you're already selecting landing zones. I swear he's gotta just be real bad at this. I will say, this game doesn't explain a lot or if it does not in ways to remember, but there's a well indexed HELP to archive the how to parts, very helpful. But this is all stuff he should have worked out by now through sheer intuition, several weeks in.

There's so many videos out there by people who love this game and they do acknowledge those hard to understand subtleties in the game but try to explain stuff to save people the headache so they can just enjoy it. I didn't learn a whole lot mainly just found people saying stuff I figured out myself but one useful tip saved me a headache was how within a certain 250meters of your ship you can go to menu-ship his X for cargo and move inemventoey between ship and cargo and vice versa saved me loads of time and made looting way easier. Little things add up. And sometimes games need a social dynamic for users to get most out of it, been that way ever since playing games on NES you fo to friends homes after school they show you cool tricks and you show them cool tricks you learn in games you share that knowledge. And when I first got into Morrowind on OG Xbox same deal, my friends and I would share that in game knowledge to help each other out to enjoy the game more. Perhaps Joe needs to watch some YT videos or maybe make his own around idea of helping people out and not scaring them to death. This guy is turning into genuine whiney grown ass baby man-Karen someone should get him a headbob wig he can wear when he makes his videos.

25/64 minutes in his fit of Tourette's seemed to subside, he's complaining about loading screens, he's already acknowledged this is dated Bethesda engine so I mean bearing a dead horse but at least he's doing so in a relatively more mature and objective fashion by comparison. Perhaps he isn't utterly helpless after all. And indeed on planetside boundaries, hit those, wasn't angry because yeah this is dated engine, the game obviously struggles just to do what it does. It was only ever an obstacle exploring before I figured out exploring which isn't exploring to explore, mainly you're either exploring to survey planets, find resource deposits to check those boxes, find planetary features (like meteor impact sites, signs of old ocean life, maybe a notable thermo-vent microbial colony, etc etc, and of course surveying any life forms or plants and such until you complete the survey. This doesn't require exceeding boundaries of observable area. Most times your survey completion percentage indicates your progress in the biome so if say you are In a volcanic region it's 100% but total survey is 80%, find the biomes from planetary map that shows the incomplete biomes. And perhaps a good part of exploration is partially survey, there's no real point except to sell more. Valuable survey data or for later outpost development for setting up animal facilities for animal resource harvesting or botany but I mean, more a novelty than practical, means wasting valuable skill points IMO. Probably more pragmatic exploration is finding an outpost sweet spot if you wanna find a spot to get several resources from but even that can suck up time. It's easier just to target a specific outpost for a specific resource, save yourself all that extra hassle. But, I know the game, Joe clearly doesn't. He's demonstrated I high degree of ineptitude at this point but I'll go on wirh video... oh wait.

Earlier point he touched on back when wailing about waiting in the chair to progress time to sell his bloated inventory to a single vendor with limited cash... he called that rhe game design to suck up time. That was entirely his doing and anybody not wanting to waste their time wouldn't do it. I was going to actually say game wasting time it'd be the board missions and not that they aren't rewarding, many are fun, money and loot to be made, combat opportunities to kill something to mix it up, either planetside, at a space station, or even taking out pirates or spacers, or perhaps rescuing hostages. Some are easy XP and money like delivering supplies or transporting workers to another planet. Sometimes I don't have to but the planetside landscape is a nice I get out and walk with them the 400-500M just to soak up the sites and create my own immersion. But, easy money for a guy who gripes about waiting around for small cash, he needs to weigh the pros and cons of how he invests his time. They can be fun to mix it up, get money and XP but they suck up time and after a while it is like I realize I haven't made a dent in main story or my faction quests or any other quests, I should get on that. But Joe sitting in a chair to progress in game time give vendor more cash to sell items to them for, the dude is an utter tool.

30/64 into video he's still on exploration, but tame. I still don't think he understands exploring is more limited to somewhere just to stick an outpost, or survey, but not much more. You're going to be disappointed if you expect more from that. And I'm fine with the simplicity, one less thing to suck up more time with tedious tasks. For a guy I remember griped about No Man's Sky constant resource harvesting Starfield is streamlined. Planets have locations for set missions, and from random mission boards, or just stumble across pirate or mercenary controlled abandoned facilities. Here I feel exploration is really finding abandoned facilities because there's always a couple skill magazines in them with permanent perk increases so it's still a loot reward endeavor. But oh my gosh, he said he wished for some No Man's Sky, a game by far one of the worse designs for tedious burdening design in every way. I'm glad planets aren't all covered with life, some are, they are a pain to survey. The simpler ones are just simple and I prefer it that way myself. But you're not going to aww at what you find like a national geographic channel, it's more like you are in a level 75 system and you find an animal that makes you awestruck because you realize they're a source of XP farming and you go to town making them extinct for a quick level up a few times quick and your happy because you just unlocked much needed skill perks you been itching to unlock, that's rewarding exploration in this game, Joe wouldn't know because I think he's drawn to play game in ways that make him angry.

It was painful watching him gripe about map because I had no idea what he was complaining about. Major cities are intimidating at first, but learning layout wasn't a monumental task, and there's not many big cities. Map system shows landmarks, you can fast travel to them. Easy to understand. Orbit maps market landing zones or can just pick one not already charted. Surface maps indicate landmarks. Your watch has a compass. Your scanner displays landmarks and you can even fast travel from it. More I feel Joe in several weeks with the game if he's screaming about it then he failed to grasp some basic fundamentals of this game.

42/64, Joe is actually spot on with Main quest and faction and side quests. Main quests were dull and repetitive though there were some memorable sections. I found the return to NASA mission was cool plot-wise and the moon base mission where there was seemingly two bad outcomes but if you figure it out actually there's a happy ending that felt rewarding. I actually didn't mind mind simplicity of main quests in end though because I had sucked dry all the meaningful side content before I got to that part in the end and honestly I welcomed the expediency for much of that and concluding the main stuff actually excited me to get to the games NG+... where I stopped right there. Perfect point to hang my hat with game and wait for updates, either fixes or more content. But yeah, I actually enjoyed side and faction quests, he not so much. But there were some memorable random encounter quests. He mentioned some random quests I too really liked.

He's spot on about becoming too OP and here I agree too. The game's missions and planetary zones have fixed enemy levels and really the game needs to scale enemy levels to the player. This isn't just to keep game interesting it needs to be done to scale XP and money rewards so the game doesn't become a grind in effort to max out character without having to cleverly find XP exploits and waste time doing some outpost XP grind at the workbench or resorting to grinding alien life on planets for XP. Mission board and pirate battle XP is often next to nothing at higher levels unless you find high level enemies then XP rewards increase. Keep the player on task just playing the game and allow it to feel balanced for challenge. This is fortunately something I hope they can fix. Perhaps next time I'll fo melee build for challenge until they do that.

He seems to love the gameplay aspect, boarding and stealing ships, fun, funplay is fun, weapon variety food, at least he enjoys all that or there wouldn't be much else to enjoy honestly.

His enemy AI issues, again here that's an issue I wonder if more prevalent on PC, or maybe an effect of certain starborn powers, or certain effects of panic with ammo types and certain weapon perks (i think this could be case and he doesn't realize it), I didn't have issues myself, except annoying friendly NPC AI blocking the hallways of my ship, but not the won't fight enemies he seems to have to contend with. But back to earlier criticism about becoming too OP, if AI weren't an issue, the OP part will still make AI feel broken and they have to fix it and again that means scaling enemies to player.

He claims you can sleep in combat under fire, again, perhaps a PC quirk, they wouldn't let me do this on consoles if enemy aware or in combat or even too close, but I could be halfway into clearing a hostile facility but with enough distance and lack of enemy awareness it was doable, not sure under fire though but again maybe a PC quirk.

He enjoyed ship combat which is serviceable and honestly I was just glad I noticed warnings not to ignore it early because challenge does go up and it would have sucked to be unprepared. Took a while to get a handle on it and where I could find certain parts from certain manufacturers from certain cities and such, but once I understood I made a ship that suited my need and I was happy. His idea of sharing build designs, couldn't hurt, there are videos of people explaining that stuff.

He liked what outposts offered but didn't think it was as robust as Fallout 4. I am actually relieved because what I remember of Fallout 4 was no matter what my outposts got raided all the time and it was pain in the ass. These get raided too here and there but mostly just hinder resource extraction or power but few and far between overall, so I am glad not as bad.

Suits criticism... well, could use more variety, choice is balance of style, overall protection, weigh considerations, hazard protection. You gotta find a compromise there but once you go OP you can settle on style. But what bugs me more is you keep your space suit on all the time unless on foot in major breathable city areas. It doesn't auto take it off simply in breathable environment but hopefully they fix it. Clothes could use more variety, NPCs wear clothes that are never an acquirable item so sure there's lots there they can update because the assets are already there.

He mentioned traveling companions, I rarely switched these up because I just never wanted to adjust their gear constantly, and had a primary with spexial crafter armor and weapons and they never let me down, and though I didn't hate them I didn't care enough to know more and do companion quests. If they had benefit to add to my crew for bonuses they came on ship but that's it. However, I noticed each has certain unique perspectives based on their backstories so perhaps, this has yet to be explored by me, perhaps I am interested on future playthroughs having certain ones tag along for certain missions just to see if any special context they add to the mission and my dialog with NPCs on them where certain character chime in on things or give special dialog options. For instance, would Amelia Earhart clone offer any interesting insights on the visit NASA base mission, any interesting side commentaryas we explore. Or what if I rescue Genghis Khan clone and have him pal around with me (if that's an option) when I do the Crimson Fleet Missions, and perhaps if I choose to side with Crimson Fleet instead of SysDef. I might not really care to get to know crews deeply and fulfill companion quests but these special insights might be worth taking better interest in them on future playthroughs.

Romantic partners, or for me the Sarah Morgan who I let die by accident, well, funny once the marriage happens goes total whore on me, every time I sleep she says something like "Perhaps next time we try that without the jetpacks", and you get these flirt opportunities wirh the most cheesy lines but it melts her heart and it almost feels too easy. Or I'll talk to her to swap inventory and and rhen back out and in a horney vkice she says "I love rhese chats, you know how to make a woman feel special." Sleeping is always amusing because partner will wake up next to you but they're not always in bed right away, they're in process of phasing into the bed but then they hang-up when the game autosaves and it looks weird for few seconds because they're not where rhey are supposed to be, every time. He's right though they will complain a lot, they complain about you carrying too much loot (not that I care I tune it out). They complain about you stealing. I avoided killing innocents so wasn't an issue and made moral choices, sometimes they get pissy by your dialog options but I never suffered an adverse relationship moment. But one thing that never happened, to their sketch, I never had one get pissy for trying to squeeze extra cash from an NPC for doing a favor. There were plenty of moral vs money options I always went moral, perhaps those are those issues there, but those "I could use a favor missions" they never gave a crap if I bilked the people in need. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be literally interpreted that way, but he's right, in end it's constant nagging.

Thank God, I'm done. Conclusions: Angry Joe's score is fair. I largely agree, game is lot of fun, but lots of things need fixing, or if not then at least pointing out. I found a good bit of his complaining though is stuff I expect people should intuitively figure out and he appeared to have never figured it out. And yeah, that could make it less fun not to understand those little things that help. Then again perhaps a symptom of a game that need to be able to explains things better, have better menu UI, and introduce gamers to those features in ways to better remember.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46308 Posts

Starfield should win GOTY as it's the most talked about game of the year on System Wars.

I'm sad to see the usual suspects (wenzen4ever) hasn't shown up in this thread yet to spam about a thousand videos nobody cares about.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

Already know exactly why I'm never going to play the game. Might watch this later for the lulz though.

"Starfield is too good to be true" - Ghosts4ever

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3026 Posts

The more I see about this game,the more I'm ok with not buying it. It will be a Walmart bargain bin game next couple months.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2067 Posts

I've put a fair amount of time into the game across two characters and I'll say this, it is not as rich as Skyrim/Elder scrolls in general but it's a new IP so I'm willing to cut it some slack in that regard, for me the main quest was okay and whilst not unenjoyable felt somewhat disconnected from the rest of the in game universe, the side quest quality was generally pretty good and whilst one would hope the performance of the game would be better it doesn't really intrude on the overall experience. I've enjoyed my time in game well enough and the general feel of the game is easily one of its' strongest elements a 7/8 out of 10 seems reasonable to me for where the game is right now.

There are however some design decisions that were made which I find curious as it seems arbitrary and harmful to the experience overall, jump pack traversal is quite core to the on foot experience but is hampered until you spend points in that skill which was baffling to me, ship building is quite enjoyable, surprisingly deep and a very strong element except various parts are gated behind player level and/or perks which again seems arbitrary, better parts requiring more money makes sense to me and if you as the player during your playthrough choose to forgo buying other things or selling high value items etc. in order to get the money to access those parts then you should be able to regardless of player level. In typical Bethesda fashion ultimately mods will elevate the experience.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1252 Posts

Angry joe...the cow desperation is real,as is the fact cows watch starfield videos on youtube,i hear theradbrads viewer count has increased massively since GOTY 👩‍🚀🚀🪐✨💫 launched.

Being last place for gaming certainly has 🐄🐃🐂in a right state.......it's great to watch 📺🍿👀

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

did he mention trying to current day us and FCKIN PRONOUNS

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11099 Posts

Lems before Sept. 6th: Everybody get hype for Starfield, game of the generation!

Lems after Sept. 6th: Okay, everybody stop talking about Starfield now

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45122 Posts

I put 10 hours in and thought it was boring. Baldur’s Gate 3 exists, play that instead!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts

@lamprey263: holy s*** man! That may be the wordiest post in system wars history. Let us come up for air!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22686 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

I put 10 hours in and thought it was boring. Baldur’s Gate 3 exists, play that instead!

Gamepass? Or are you one of the folks who made it number 1?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44070 Posts

It's true, it's true!!

Poo cows. lol :P

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Rent free 🤣🤣

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

It's true, it's true!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44070 Posts

@me2002 said:
@SecretPolice said:

It's true, it's true!!

And... the Starfield SFDS continues 24/7/365 rent free. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

Starfield is the king of the forums😂

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

@Pedro said:

Starfield is the king of the forums😂

Not for the good reasons tho. Maybe a bit, I heard it sold alot.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

That was decently amusing to watch. I'm sure it'll be a great game eventually, but those are some serious issues.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#32 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@Pedro: So since flops are top sellers that means games like Madden are the best ever? since they sell so well?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@tjandmia said:

It’s a mediocre game.

Yup and a resounding FLOP :(

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Lems before Sept. 6th: Everybody get hype for Starfield, game of the generation!

Lems after Sept. 6th: Okay, everybody stop talking about Starfield now

I wouldn’t be surprised if it popped up on game of the year discussions at this point because of how much people talk about the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#35 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts

Hate it, but have to acknowledge Angry Joe is the leading gaming expert of the media world. A very prominent fellow who's opinion matters.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By daredevils2k

I love watching lems defend a game that one of the most honest game reviewers on youtube has said is just barren and boring. If this game was a Multi Plat, Lems would be on board with angry joes opinion of this game. but since its not, they are on full time defense duty and that is definition of a cult and @last_lap as its leader.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3728 Posts

@daredevils2k: It was the only possible thing that could have redeemed the Xbox so they’re desperate to polish that turd and frame it as a win.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lamprey263

@TheEroica: don't worry, it was done in spurts of edits as I covered more video, but I did pass out when I was done 😂

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 daredevils2k
@tjandmia said:

@daredevils2k: It was the only possible thing that could have redeemed the Xbox so they’re desperate to polish that turd and frame it as a win.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I would rather have the opinion of David Jaffe over Angry Xbox hater! 😆

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1057 Posts

I don't think I would enjoy playing this. I feel like I would get frustrated and annoyed by the bizarre unexplainable things that happen, but even if most are eventually fixed, I would be bored from the lack of exploration. It seems like a game that was better in concept than in practice. The last 4 minutes of the video seems like what I would feel. I would try it, but I have a lot to play, so I'm not sure why I would take the time right now on this.

I guess I will hold on to my free Game Pass trial that I got when I bought my Xbox One, which I originally planned on saving for Halo Infinite. I'm not sure if it's expired by now anyway.

It sucks that they'll be using this engine for TES6.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

Starfield. Not. On. Playstation. /thread

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3407 Posts

There's a YouTuber I forgot existed. Does he still throws tantrums like if he was a small child or has his content evolved in any way?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58979 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

There's a YouTuber I forgot existed. Does he still throws tantrums like if he was a small child or has his content evolved in any way?

I like Other Joe who barely seems to know how to breath let alone where he is and what's going on.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6868 Posts

Sounds about right. The game simply isn't very good.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56112 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@lamprey263: holy s*** man! That may be the wordiest post in system wars history. Let us come up for air!

I took the time to read all of that as I was drinking my morning hot tea😋

Good read Lamprey263, now that's 16 times the details😅

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lamprey263

I also think his comments in stealth deserve clarification. It's an RPG so it's naturally humorous that NPCs can be unaware of your presence because your stats and perks matter more than the superficial aspects of your obvious presence. But he shows a video of him sneaking in front of someone, detected, but nothing. This isn't a broken stealth system, rather, he's in an area he's totally allowed to be in thus why there's no reaction. It's rather misleading to show this like he did, plus there are other things worth bringing up about the stealth system's state he doesn't touch on he could have brought up instead.

One of those things is that there are practically no trespassing areas in this games minus just a couple select missions designed around stealth where the trespass effect is active. This is something easy to point out, he could have even made some more amusing sketches about it. Any building or business you enter controlled by friendly NPCs, for the most part, they let you complete access to their grounds, not only let you into say a main storefront area, but let you wonder behind the counter, into their storage rooms, upstairs into offices and even bedrooms or whatever, you practically never cross thresholds that say "you are now trespassing" except in just a few spots in the whole world that I discovered. It isn't so much broken, just undeveloped. There might be access points locked out to hinder access, and when nobody is looking you bypass them, but once bypassed, you have freedom to go through those routes uninhibited as far as drawing unwanted attention to yourself.

Actual stealth too feels under-developed because there isn't too many stealth skills, but not "broken". Upgrading sneaking skills mainly just help avoid detection time but none offer major improvements by themselves, rather, player needs to compound detection avoidance perks and stats. What his video points out though which isn't made clear is how line of sight drops detection, this isn't an issue. He's sneaking laughing about a broken stealth system not realizing he's not being jumped on because he has freedom to be in that area without constraint.

Now, the detection system itself is wonky. I've seen people complain the chameleon ability is worthless. Having played TES games since Morrowind where I remember an invisibility effect perk could make you virtually undetectable to NPCs and it was stealth OP. Later TES games nerfed that to just chameleon abilities which were more percentage based and not completely invisible. Here the chameleon abilities in Starfield have no indication of their percentage of avoidance detection, just gear will say it has chameleon ability when in stealth mode (crouching while not moving). I've seen most complaints mostly around this not being as effective as people want it to be. However, it rather baffles me nobody who harps on this from discussions I see this complaint on, is that if you equip two of gear with chameleon, well, then in breaks the game's stealth to the benefit to the player.

When equipping two pieces of spacesuits/helmets/packs with chameleon, and with stealth perks from the leveling system, perhaps I wear the operator suit from the Ryujin quest line for the 25% avoidance detection, I think game logic managing stats dies here, so much so the game doesn't even know how to handle it in sense if I disengage stealth mode, it like say untoggles chameleon effect visually for some piece of gear but not others, so my character is running around half the time visible from shoulders down, but my head still has chameleon active so I'm practically running around headless.

If I am in the Well at New Atlantis, if I go to the gun shop with some of the upgrade stealth abilities, maybe one piece of chameleon gear, you still have to avoid line of sight from the shop owner, who will follow you around when you do start sneaking around to make sure you don't steal anything. When he has line of sight, you'll lose your hidden status no matter the stealth perks you stack... except if you double up on chameleon gear, whereby he may look for you briefly but he'll go back to sitting in his chair, whereby I'll just loot everything right in front of him then go next door and sell it to the Trade Authority for quick cash.

This idea though of people who follow you around to make sure you don't make trouble, pretty sure older Bethesda games did this to greater degree, this game does too but it is more limited, and so is the whole trespass feature itself as it's there just rarely utilized. Both these are things worth pointing out, but he doesn't, because like a lot of his frustration he displays he doesn't understand these aspects of the game, and that surprises me because he spent several weeks hammering this out.

Combat stealth is mostly solid for long to mid range. I can go through a facility full of pirates and pick enemies off without sending everyone on alert. Sometimes enemies in proximity may notice but if I can pick them off before all goes loud it manages to keep things calm, and continue with doing a surgical clearing as much as possible. Sometimes enemy awareness seems greater than it should. They'll know something is up if I pick off a friend when maybe they shouldn't have, but again if I cap them before all goes loud it's manageable. Even if things go loud they may spray in my direction and might even hit me but I remain in the stealth state far enough that I keep sneak attack bonus multipliers. This is why when choosing gear I won't take the gear with higher damage resistances because I'll lose the chameleon effect. They're good enough with damage protection anyways and I'd be trading off sneak attack bonus multipliers, which compound with things like scoped damage multipliers, ballistic damage multipliers, headshot and critical damage multipliers. And even with less protection, I'll get hit less overall, whereas if I go tank armor route I'll draw more fire that will offset extra protection anyways and hinder my outgoing damage bonuses.

There is a consideration the underbaked facets of stealth that I feel could be intentional, and that centers around the main quest, the time loop, the game's morality decisions. In the story, Constellation seeks the artifacts and their meaning in the quest for exploration and discovery, the Starborn seek it for power, or a misguided idealism that puts the value of human life as expendable with the ends justify the means as a consideration even the player with the goal of acquiring the artifacts must weigh with their moral choices or they're really no better. And in this sense, the real stealth focus missions, where trespass is in effect, evading detection is key for the good moral outcomes. This doesn't just weigh on stealth but other traits like persuasion and player choices that lead to more positive moral outcomes. In sense, this gives the purpose of abilities and their fashioning in gameplay to achieve certain outcomes to this end, and the game certainly hammers on this in a philosophical tone with respect to the Starborn plot, so part of me feels it's intentional as it was only evr fashioned to this end. However even there the NG+ timeloop makes things feel inconsequential and regardless there doesn't seem to be any added benefit of playing the moral track in the larger scheme of things, except strictly player satisfaction for doing so, but no special endings, and I haven't played much NG+ but given Starborn travel the loops with you, to have these moral character choices follow you through the timeloop and rather than give players the do-over approach, carry the weight of those moral decisions with them. That's a dynamic that so far I feel is missing, or haven't discovered, and perhaps, given what I feel to be a philosophical stressing in the plot, perhaps that will be one area of further development in the game's expansion content down the line. Perhaps that minor but fascinating AI plot comes back to weigh these choices like it becomes aware of the multiverse and has been tracking me through them and based its own evolution on those actions and perhaps sets in motion events dependant on those actions. They can do whatever there but there's lots of paths they can go, and I have a strong inclination they may try going there to some degree.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

It's just another boring Bathesda game. It was just overhyped because Lems were hoping that they can finally get involve at TGA.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45122 Posts

damn, Joe layeth the smacketh down on this game!