Ugh... Thanks to 360 GTAIV has been downgraded

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
LMFAO, wow this is a hilarious thread. I gather you are joking? Wow... Haven't kept up with the news have you? :P
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

The new trailer looks fine, better than the previous ones.

Where do you see any indication of a downgrade?

Nightflash28
Fanboy goggles. Take 'em off and shut up.
Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts
Thanks TC, now you know how Xbox and PC owners felt about GTAIII and beyond when it was exclusive to the PS2.
mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.BioShockOwnz

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

False.

well im not sure about the extras being on the blu-ray disc but ps3 does get its own dlc.

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/2986-downloadable_gta_iv_content_for_ps3/

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#105 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.mgs_freak91

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

False.

well im not sure about the extras being on the blu-ray disc but ps3 does get its own dlc.

Are you kidding me?

That link is using GameStop as a "reliable" source. :|

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#106 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.mgs_freak91

False.

1) Your source is unreliable

2) Microsoft didn't give R* a $50 million loan for nothing.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

hmmmm

"He continued, "To be honest with you we haven't solved all those riddles yet." The difficulties aren't limited to working on Microsoft's box, as Houser explains that "both have enormous challenges" and that "both have their own particular pleasures and pains"." I.E the ps3.

Oh and they ment proof as in proof that the game has been downgraded.

mgs_freak91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 mgs_freak91
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts
[QUOTE="mgs_freak91"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.fuzzysquash

False.

1) Your source is unreliable

2) Microsoft didn't give R* a $50 million loan for nothing.

1) ok maybe my source is unreliable, i dont know...but their have been rumours. you never know what might happen

2) Microsoft gave R* $50 million for exclusive downloadable content, that doesnt mean that R* can make seperate extras for the PS3. (unless MC did say that they couldnt make DLC for the ps3, did they??because i dont know)

:)

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I think the graphics are fine.

But I hope Sony pay for timed-exclusivity next time and if they don't, I hope MS lets Rockstar make the harddrive required for the game, since R* expressed challenges about that.

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
I knew it was the xbox 360 and lemmings laughed at me.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

You know that link is from May, right? I watched the new trailer. All I saw downgraded was the textures... and if I remember correctly, the PS3 has had the texture problems... sooo....
_koolgirl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 _koolgirl_
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts

PS3 may have more potential, but considering the PS3 is the version holding the game from launching Link (Many more links saying the same thing), would we not be waiting untill like 2009 to play it?

I mean, they are apparantly having problems just getting the current version to run smoothly, let alone taking any kind of supposed advantages.

BovinesOnPaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BovinesOnPaska
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
WED MAY 2 2007 :lol: shove the old article up ur @#¤#!!
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts

There hasn't been one of these threads in a while. Good job TC, hope it goes somewhere.jackvegas21

:lol: that made my day :lol:

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
How about we see a reliable independent link saying that R* North was planning to model an equivalent to Staten Island but ran out of disc space to put it in...because they could only put so much on a DVD. I'll wait...
Krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Krisgebis
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

I knew it was the xbox 360 and lemmings laughed at me.ff7isnumbaone

They still do :D

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
keep it real. it's not liar wars.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

That article is from May 2, 2007 and is a rumor mill.

MASSIVE FAIL.

solidte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 solidte
Member since 2005 • 3616 Posts
Ahh...thanks to Rockstar North, we will have a great game.
Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
[QUOTE="buuzer0"]

[QUOTE="Jared2720"]Rockstar has been hinting at this for a long time. It's why they're working on LA Noire and another new franchise exclusively for the PS3. They're giving Microsoft the finger for holding next-gen GTA back.Jared2720

Last generation, wasn't the PS2 holding the GTA games back? It was the weakest of the systems...

Are you really comparing the development potential of a Core 360 (no HDD and DVD9) to any PS3 SKU (Universal HDD and Blu-ray)? The PS3 has more potential in contrast to the Core 360. That's just a fact. Rockstar knew it.

Developers may say that the PS3's architecture is difficult to understand compared to the 360, but this is only because it's new. Several talented developers (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Insomniac) have actually stated that they enjoyed working with the PS3. I'm inclined to believe that those who bash the PS3 just aren't that talented. Rockstar is a talented developer. The PS3, compared to the Core 360, has much more potential.

And X-box had more potential than PS2.

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts

Thankfull Rockstar is going PS3 exclusive after GTA IV. So that means GTA V for PS3 only, for the hopelessly slow. PSW UK confirmed this in their November magazine. As if anyone would need confirmation anyway. Tell me, if they struggle to fit GTA IV on DVD9 in 2007, how will they fit GTA V on it in 2009? The answer is they won't, and they won't even try to.

CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Thankfull Rockstar is going PS3 exclusive after GTA IV. So that means GTA V for PS3 only, for the hopelessly slow. PSW UK confirmed this in their November magazine. As if anyone would need confirmation anyway. Tell me, if they struggle to fit GTA IV on DVD9 in 2007, how will they fit GTA V on it in 2009? The answer is they won't, and they won't even try to.

roadkill88

The real question is how will they ever sell enough copys to make a profit purly on the PS3. You'll soon get your answer on just how exclusive this stuff will be if you use that small grey organ betweeny our ears.

Krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Krisgebis
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

roadkill88

The only thing they complained about regarding programming on the xbox 360 was that they could depend on a standard hdd. The DVD comment was purely speculation and has never been confirmed by rockstar.

Having to overcome needless complexity and ram limitation is however a much greater challenge, so I don't see why the hardware alone would lead them to the PS3.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

roadkill88

oh really your proof? the only thing i've heard is that LA noire is exclusive to ps3 i've heard no news that rockstar is going ps3 exclusive.

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 roadkill88
[QUOTE="roadkill88"]

CreepyBacon

The real question is how will they ever sell enough copys to make a profit purly on the PS3. You'll soon get your answer on just how exclusive this stuff will be if you use that small grey organ betweeny our ears.

Betweeny our ears? The first thing you need to do before telling others to use their grey matter, is learn how to spell and use grammar.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

This can be used as ownage against the 360, but I'm sure the game will still run smoothly. It just further shows where MS made a big mistake with no standard HDD. Future games for 360 won't be able to progress as much graphically as the PS3 :(.

I'm very excited to see how the new Rockstar IP turns out for PS3 :D!

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="CreepyBacon"][QUOTE="roadkill88"]

roadkill88

Betweeny our ears? The first thing you need to do before telling others to use their grey matter, is learn how to spell and use grammar.

After next year I'm positive the sales will be beyond what doubters think. Especially with the killer apps releasing in 2008. It's quite inevitable if yuo ask me. WHy do you think Rockstar has so much confidnce in the future of the PS3 to make an exclusive new IP for it?

roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 roadkill88

Listen to this podcast. 50 minutes in, they say that Rockstar is going PS3 exclusive after GTA IV. Like I said, PSW UK confirmed it in their November issue. And yeah, like I'm going to make that one up too.

We all know it was delayed then downgraded. because of the 360. We can all put our fanboy goggles on, deny the obvious and demand 'proof' or whatnot, but we all know its true.

Edit: GS forums are such trash, it won't even allow me to post a simple link.

hXXP : // WWW . **** . c o m / podcast/ week 9 / ccc pd 10 aug 307 . m p 3

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TREAL_Since
Dang I just realised this story is five months old... Still the truth, but old bews at that.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
i just read that the delay was all sony's fault.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
[QUOTE="roadkill88"]

WilliamRLBaker

oh really your proof? the only thing i've heard is that LA noire is exclusive to ps3 i've heard no news that rockstar is going ps3 exclusive.

Yeah, and since when has a major GTA installment been exclusive to any system?
GTA PSX, Windows, GBC port
GTA2 PSX, Dreamcast, Windows, GBA port
GTA III PS2, Xbox, Windows
Vice City PS2, Xbox, Windows
San Andreas PS2, Xbox, Windows

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="roadkill88"][QUOTE="CreepyBacon"][QUOTE="roadkill88"]

TREAL_Since

After next year I'm positive the sales will be beyond what doubters think. Especially with the killer apps releasing in 2008. It's quite inevitable if yuo ask me. WHy do you think Rockstar has so much confidnce in the future of the PS3 to make an exclusive new IP for it?

Perhaps the real reason is money--perhaps Sony paid them and also perhaps tied in a movie deal or the like.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 HuusAsking

Listen to this podcast. 50 minutes in, they say that Rockstar is going PS3 exclusive after GTA IV. Like I said, PSW UK confirmed it in their November issue. And yeah, like I'm going to make that one up too.

We all know it was delayed then downgraded. because of the 360. We can all put our fanboy goggles on, deny the obvious and demand 'proof' or whatnot, but we all know its true.

Edit: GS forums are such trash, it won't even allow me to post a simple link.

hXXP : // WWW . **** . c o m / podcast/ week 9 / ccc pd 10 aug 307 . m p 3

roadkill88

1. The link's all bastardized and impossible to read. Tried inserting a direct hyperlink?

2. PS3 exclusive? And ignore the PC market from which they came?

3. Your source is inherently PS-biased (it's a PS magazine, after all). If your news were really true, it'd have been echoed on a neutral site, such as IGN or right here at GameSpot. Try again with a neutral link.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 HuusAsking

TREAL_Since
Call me crazy...but wasn't that supposed to have happened already? At least the original XBox made an impression on Day One and the PS2 got off the ground within a year of its release. At this point, the PS3 is still looking like an also-ran, its marquee releases so far simply OK at best--and outright failures at worst (don't believe me, check the review scores for PS3 games--not one exclusive AAA). We're already close to the halfway mark for this generation, and casuals (the meat and potatoes of the gaming industry) usually only have money for one console--and limited patience. Unless Sony can suddenly turn into King Midas, I just don't see them running away with this generation.
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

HuusAsking

Call me crazy...but wasn't that supposed to have happened already? At least the original XBox made an impression on Day One and the PS2 got off the ground within a year of its release. At this point, the PS3 is still looking like an also-ran, its marquee releases so far simply OK at best--and outright failures at worst (don't believe me, check the review scores for PS3 games--not one exclusive AAA). We're already close to the halfway mark for this generation, and casuals (the meat and potatoes of the gaming industry) usually only have money for one console--and limited patience. Unless Sony can suddenly turn into King Midas, I just don't see them running away with this generation.

i doubt they will run away with this gen. as well...but everyone knew almost from the begining of this year that no matter how great...er not so great 07 was for ps3 owners, 08 will be much better, and if they drop the price sometime next year then it will sell even more

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Thanks to the PS2, GTA 3, VICE City and San Andreas were all massivley donwgraded.
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hyperboy152000

Thanks to the PS2, GTA 3, VICE City and San Andreas were all massivley donwgraded.Marka1700

yea but its not like it didnt have problems on the xbox or PC with aliasing issues....its not that big of a deal but since they were seen as being more powerful then dont you think they would have handled a downgraded game better then the ps2 did...im not sayin the ps2 was stronger im just saying it was just the ps2's fault

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 HuusAsking
[QUOTE="HuusAsking"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

hyperboy152000

i doubt they will run away with this gen. as well...but everyone knew almost from the begining of this year that no matter how great...er not so great 07 was for ps3 owners, 08 will be much better, and if they drop the price sometime next year then it will sell even more

Thing is, any drop Sony can do Microsoft can match or beat. And unlike last time, Microsoft actually has games worth playing. And there's also Nintendo already poised to hit the sweet spot of $200. Against such bang-for-the-buck competition, Sony has an uphill battle. Like I said, unless they can sell their PS3 like it's worth its weight in gold, I doubt any blockbusters they release now are going to have that much of an influence on the market, especially not after the lackluster results of its first line of games.
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#139 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

I know this, I was just trying to irritate him due to his statement which is quite the opposite according to the article.

Fact of the matter is this: People buy GTA to roam around and have fun in a free world environment. Mostly casuals too. A lot of casuals don't even play the story! Therefore, the 360's "exclusive content" is a joke that only hardcore fanboys will like so they can get achievements and brag to other nerds out there.

TheSystemLord1

The hell? The content is actual missions and stories. The game will have 1000 achievement points just like every other game...maybe 1250 if they add it to the bonus content.

BTW, Home should be here before the release of GTA 4. I guess hardcore nerds and losers get achievements, but only cool gamers go for trophies..

QFT!!!

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts
Do you have another link saying GTA 5 will be PS3 exclusive?

That would be pretty big news, so why is it only found in some podcast?
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

This can be used as ownage against the 360, but I'm sure the game will still run smoothly. It just further shows where MS made a big mistake with no standard HDD. Future games for 360 won't be able to progress as much graphically as the PS3 :(.

I'm very excited to see how the new Rockstar IP turns out for PS3 :D!

TREAL_Since

Ugh, I just want Rockstar to stick to GTA. I don't need some student or murder sim.

vik212121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 vik212121
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts
the ps3 version might have storage but it would chug on it. 360 runs it better
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 hyperboy152000

the ps3 version might have storage but it would chug on it. 360 runs it bettervik212121

um what?

no it wouldnt chug on it, both versions are supposed to run exactly the same...and considering there are an increasing number of games running exactly the same on both platforms...you cant say that it wont

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
:lol: Hard drive capacity limiting graphics? When?
hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hyperboy152000

:lol: Hard drive capacity limiting graphics? When?thirstychainsaw

its not so much the graphics...but they cant make HDD caching for loading of all the data on the 360 standard..they have to make it optional... its not a huge deal but its a step back from the last GTA game in that respect (the xbox version that is) but as i said its not a huge deal at all