Ugh... Thanks to 360 GTAIV has been downgraded

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
the article is from may lol and since then microsoft said they could make it require a hard drive.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

The new trailer looks down graded thanks to the 360.. this is not me... Rock Star been saying it too back then but in kind words.

BIG FAT LINK

Liquid-GEAR

If anything was downgraded it was graphics because of PS3's weaker GPU.

lmao you really believe that too

lmao its funny because its true

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
...mooo
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Is there a PC version??? Im just curious. If not then ill just get it for 360.
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

The new trailer looks down graded thanks to the 360.. this is not me... Rock Star been saying it too back then but in kind words.

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

and whats with the sig with the guy killing all the lil gurls? girl you like doesn't like you back huh?

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I dont see why MS did not want to have HDD as standard. I know that they wanted the console to be cheaper and all, but it has meant that the console wont be able to keep up with this gen. And scince most games are ported to the ps3, it must suffer for this. Sony made a console that would be able to produce better looking and bigger games, with short loading times, yes it more expensive. But I hate games with long loading times. They gave xbox a hard drive, why not the 360?

But then the ps3 would take longer to make, which is bad. But if they have enough money, which should be fine after all the sales of GTA games, then the games will turn out looking better. I would like to see a GTA ps3 and 360 exclusive, both maxing out the console. I would like to see which is best. I would put my money on the ps3 one.

sts9kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sts9kid
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I dont see why MS did not want to have HDD as standard. I know that they wanted the console to be cheaper and all, but it has meant that the console wont be able to keep up with this gen. And scince most games are ported to the ps3, it must suffer for this. Sony made a console that would be able to produce better looking and bigger games, with short loading times, yes it more expensive. But I hate games with long loading times. They gave xbox a hard drive, why not the 360?

But then the ps3 would take longer to make, which is bad. But if they have enough money, which should be fine after all the sales of GTA games, then the games will turn out looking better. I would like to see a GTA ps3 and 360 exclusive, both maxing out the console. I would like to see which is best. I would put my money on the ps3 one.

NinjaMunkey01

Actually, the Xbox 360's Pioneer DVD drive has a much faster spin speed than BluRay. It can read data much faster, hence the reason why PS3 cross platforms often suffer from terrible loading times.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#58 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

NinjaMunkey01
I will tell you why MS did not make the hdd standard, because it will allow them to always beat Sony in a price war and allow the X360 to hit the magic $199 mark probably a year before the PS3. Plus the most successful console last gen did not have a hdd standard. Its an option, if Rockstar wanted to they could use the X360 hdd and list that an hdd is required. Crackdown required an hdd for co-op, so its not unheard of andwe will see it more and more.
Sdur001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Sdur001
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts

Since when has a game developer ever shown the worst version of a game to the public? Why would Rockstar show the 360 version unless it was equal/better then the PS3 counterpart?

Oh, And do you know it's a downgrade if the only version shown so far is the 360 version?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

ZIMdoom

That link doesn't say anything about the graphics being limited because of the 360. It could mean anything. Game size, amount of cars, the amount of people on the street at one time, it says nothing.

Good job falling for the BS headline and completely omitting that the article mentioned that the PS3 has it's limitations also.

You get the slow clap for this great thread.

Wouldn't all those things you list fall under the category of "graphics"?

And none of those things were mentioned in the article.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
[QUOTE="iamanoobkillme"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

Danthegamingman

Your "BIG FAT LINK" also says the PS3 has numerous problems that cause headaches as well. So the graphics were downgraded because of the 360...well you know what I think? I think that the framerate studders and chops because the PS3 doesn't have nearly enough RAM for a game of this size, and Oblivion agrees with me.

they have the same amount of ram plus ps3 ram has a way high clock speed

nope they don't because the PS3 OS uses roughly 90 mb of RAM where X360 uses 30 mb. Thats about 10% more availalbe RAM for X360 that is taking into account the developer knows how to effectively access the 256mb of RAM attached to the CEll without latency issues.

Not true. The mb used by OS for the PS3 was reduced a long time ago.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

Downgraded as

- Assassins Creed on 360 ??? That runs 100x better than on PS3 and looks better too

- COD4 ??? That PS3 textures close up are like garbage ?

I do not think so, PS3 with it less RAM is the only reason for nay downgrade in multiplatform games so far

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

RotaryRX7
Link confirming PS3-exclusive content on disk, or you're making it up.
H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts
OMG this is older then Jesus!
saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

lowe0

Link confirming PS3-exclusive content on disk, or you're making it up.

There is NO such thing, it is only on the crazed minds of Ps3 fanboys, that can't stand the fact 360 will get 2 exclusive huge expansion packs later !!!

Both versions will be 100% same on launch

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
I was probaly going to get PS3 version so I dont get the busted version. I wonder if its downgraded on 360, is it also Downgraded on PS3, or is that just a 360 thing? BTW: who knows the content 360 gets could be bad. also, PS3 could also get its own content.
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts

The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.rexoverbey

You buy that DLC!!! That is only 30 minutes long a piece!!!

The 360 didnt degraded the game even tho the games was made 2 weeks before on ps3. The graphics in GTA games arent that pretty.

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#68 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

sorry,but if there wasnt a Flopstation3 version, we would probably would be playing GTA4 right now.

and your link is how old? TRY HARDER NEXT TIME COW

Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

...this is old news. Very old news. The guys at Rockstar have been willingly admitting this for months now. I think it came out shortly after the new "E3" this year.

Lems, please don't even try to deny this... as much as you've got to hate it... the programmers of the game have said the 360 is holding it back. May be because of no hard drive, or the fact that the 360 doesn't have SPUs to do some of the graphics, or something like that. Not necessarially graphically holding it back, minus viewing distance.

And your puny argument for that "exclusive" content? Yeah, I'm sure if Sony paid Rockstar $25 million, they'd make exclusive content for the PS3.

kingfire11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kingfire11
Member since 2005 • 1498 Posts

ًًWTF guys?! GTA has never been about the graphics, I mean look at GTA:SA and VC, they look like crap comparing to other games on the PS2.

it's all about the gameplay. which looks awesome.

َ

itsme185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 itsme185
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

Danthegamingman

Yeah and because TeH Cellzlz!!11! SPE's are a waste of die space.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03
Dude, all that link really says is that the 360's without the hard drives will probably not run it as well as the ones with them. It does not say the game will be different.
VladTheImpaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 VladTheImpaler
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

Why would this be the case? Every single game so far looks better on the 360. They also run better my friend was playing AC on his PS3, and when it locked up it actually erased his whole saved game.

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

saolin323

Downgraded as

- Assassins Creed on 360 ??? That runs 100x better than on PS3 and looks better too

I do not think so, PS3 with it less RAM is the only reason for nay downgrade in multiplatform games so far

lol no.

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
lol, the link doesn't even say anything about visuals.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.rexoverbey

That's not true. PS3 get exclusive content as well.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
I love cows. Have I mentioned that I love cows? They're funny.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

...this is old news. Very old news. The guys at Rockstar have been willingly admitting this for months now. I think it came out shortly after the new "E3" this year.

Lems, please don't even try to deny this... as much as you've got to hate it... the programmers of the game have said the 360 is holding it back. May be because of no hard drive, or the fact that the 360 doesn't have SPUs to do some of the graphics, or something like that. Not necessarially graphically holding it back, minus viewing distance.

And your puny argument for that "exclusive" content? Yeah, I'm sure if Sony paid Rockstar $25 million, they'd make exclusive content for the PS3.

Khanezhyray
if you read the link you would know that the devs says they face challenges on both systems.... but if you want to tell only one side of the story thats cool too....
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

not having a harddrive standard does not affect graphics textures or framrate in any way. so that pisses on your bonfirenybritboy

Yeah but that means you will get pop in trees and other objects because it will have to be compressed onto a DVD9. For the PS3 version, it has a hard drive for every console and Blu-Ray is 25GB per layer! That would be a waste of a Blu-Ray disc if you ask me!

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

saolin323

Downgraded as

You never seen either on PS3 have you. You say: Assasins Creed "runs 100x better" Gamespot says: the PS3 version has the benefit of "better frame rate."

COD4 looks identical on both systems I've watched a million videos and the only differences I've seen are so minor you can't even argue. One video I saw PS3 had better lighting and more rain. Another video I saw X360 seemed brighter. In all reality they are so close it's ridiculous to try to make a point out of it. And last PS3 has the exact same amount of RAM the X360 does. PS3 256 + 256=512mb X360 also has 512mb.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.RotaryRX7

The exclusive content coming to the XBox 360 will NOT be on the PS3. That's a fact. Whether it'll have to be paid for or not is still up in the air. All the content on the PS3 GTA IV will be on the XBox 360 GTA IV. There won't be any difference until Rockstar released the extra exclusive content for the 360 version. :P

Khanezhyray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Khanezhyray
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts
[QUOTE="Khanezhyray"]

killtactics

if you read the link you would know that the devs says they face challenges on both systems.... but if you want to tell only one side of the story thats cool too....

I was going on old news, screw reading a copy article. Guess it did have a little substance in it?

Their biggest problem with the 360 was actually lack of space on a the disc, and the accounting for no hard drive. Bit hard to do with no loading times...

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

TheDarkDisciple

nice, you found an old article from an interview in playstation magazine :roll:

And it probably won't be downgraded because they can make it HD required.

i remember when PSU faked the interview with valve. TC just self-owned :lol:

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 100Gamer

Yet the majority of multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360. Great logic, TC.:roll:Thumbs up, way up!BioShockOwnz
teh lazy devs :cry:

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts
Sony

Khanezhyray

Sony paid Rockstar a LOT more then $25 million just to keep GTA on the PS2 all that time. Then a superior version of all 3 GTA games was released on the Xboxafter that. The programmers said thatboth system were limiting their ability to complete the game. It's not just the 360, but the PS3 as well.Most likely they are having problems with the low RAM and using the Cell processor properly. The PS3 archtecture is a mess. If Rockstar doesn't make GTA IVHDD required, they are idiots.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 100Gamer

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.EmperorSupreme

stop lying

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#87 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
Let's see.... May 2nd, 2007. Oh. :|
lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lt-rickhunter
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts
FRICK!!! why didnt MS made HDD standard in all 360's. thanks MS for nerfing GTA
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I can't wait for those exclusive episodic content, those are definitely automatically upgrades.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
Welcome to December, that story was in May..:lol:
StrayMBlasTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 StrayMBlasTER
Member since 2005 • 375 Posts

anyone know how big the 360 exlusive content is gonna be? i dont think i have enough space for this large scale content.

and for the "what is better" just buy what version is more convient to you.

dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
its because they want both versions to look the same, and they are having trouble developing for the ps3, they are having framerate issues so they need to downgrade that version, but they dont want the 360 version to look significantly better. The ps3 is slowing down the whole process. The 360 version is basically ready right now to be sold, but that garbage console called ps3 is holding down all the fun.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 EmperorSupreme
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.100Gamer

stop lying

Next time do your own research before you start calling people liars.

PS3 GTA IV has exclusive content

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/ps3willalsogetexclusivegtaivcontent.shtml

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=68768

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

thank to ps3 i have to wait because rockstar have to make the game working on the crappy ps3 hardware .rockstar don't want to have the same trouble ubisoft have with assassin creed on ps3 :)legol1

Ubisoft is a very casual developer, do you see them not porting it? I know most people think Ubi are all that... but I'm still waiting for a finished version of Rainbowsix Vegas.

Pissing in the wind am I not?

Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

Are you crazy?

PS3 and 360 multiplats come out in one of two ways: They are the same, or the 360 version is better. The only exception I can think of is Oblivion - but Oblivion had an EXTRA YEAR in development.

If anything the PS3 and its difficult development has been holding 360 games back - including the delay of GTA IV - which was held back due to the PS3.

gilv3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gilv3r
Member since 2006 • 1082 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

Danthegamingman

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

So wait they were pretty much wondering if a version for 360's without HDD would be available. The only handicap would be if you didn't have a HDD so it isn't downgraded shaabaam. He said as long as you have HDD everything is still fine. topic fail.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 100Gamer
[QUOTE="100Gamer"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.EmperorSupreme

stop lying

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/ps3willalsogetexclusivegtaivcontent.shtml

rockstar havent comfirmed this

skixwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 skixwolf
Member since 2004 • 4013 Posts
how does the harddrive have anything to do with graphics?
Avatar image for ProductNumber49
ProductNumber49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ProductNumber49
Member since 2006 • 3840 Posts
I could be playing GTA 4 on 360 by now if it wasn't delayed because of the ps3...
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="100Gamer"][QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.100Gamer

stop lying

rockstar havent comfirmed this

And T2 reports don't have anything on PS3 GTAIV episodic content.