Ugh... Thanks to 360 GTAIV has been downgraded

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

The new trailer looks down graded thanks to the 360.. this is not me... Rock Star been saying it too back then but in kind words.

BIG FAT LINK

rexoverbey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 rexoverbey
Member since 2002 • 7622 Posts
The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts
And you base this on what? Link? Quote? Anything?
hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

The new trailer looks down graded thanks to the 360.. this is not me... Rock Star been saying it too back then but in kind words.

aka_aj03

Well guess what, I can pull facts out of my ass also. The new trailer looks down graded thanks to the PS3.. this is not me... Rock Star been saying it too back then but in kind words. \Thread.

Link it or it didn't happen, and don't forget... Teh cell Iz God!!!!1!1!!one!!!!1!!!!

legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
thank to ps3 i have to wait because rockstar have to make the game working on the crappy ps3 hardware .rockstar don't want to have the same trouble ubisoft have with assassin creed on ps3 :)
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
There hasn't been one of these threads in a while. Good job TC, hope it goes somewhere.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

The new trailer looks fine, better than the previous ones.

Where do you see any indication of a downgrade?

mariofan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 mariofan22
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts

... what an amazing source you have. :P

Seriously man -- show us the link, and I might just believe you. But for now... just no. You have no right what-so-ever to insult the 360 just because you're pissed over how GTA might look terrible. Maybe if the PS3 had sold more, it wouldn't have to be that way? But, the system had to suck, so...

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iamanoobkillme
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

owned

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

Your "BIG FAT LINK" also says the PS3 has numerous problems that cause headaches as well. So the graphics were downgraded because of the 360...well you know what I think? I think that the framerate studders and chops because the PS3 doesn't have nearly enough RAM for a game of this size, and Oblivion agrees with me.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts
Everybody's gone?
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03
If anything was downgraded it was graphics because of PS3's weaker GPU.
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
Rockstar has been hinting at this for a long time. It's why they're working on LA Noire and another new franchise exclusively for the PS3. They're giving Microsoft the finger for holding next-gen GTA back.
XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

That's old news. I think Rockstar is going to make it so you have to have a HDD to play the game. That would be the smart thing to do. Not sure why M$ hasn't madeall their system with a HDD standard. That was one of the dumbest moves they made when they released the Core. Most people who bought the Core got the HDD anyways, so Rockstar should just make the game with HDD as a standard.

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

Rockstar has been hinting at this for a long time. It's why they're working on LA Noire and another new franchise exclusively for the PS3. They're giving Microsoft the finger for holding next-gen GTA back.Jared2720

Last generation, wasn't the PS2 holding the GTA games back? It was the weakest of the systems...

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

nice, you found an old article from an interview in playstation magazine :roll:

And it probably won't be downgraded because they can make it HD required.

iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iamanoobkillme
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

TheSystemLord1

Your "BIG FAT LINK" also says the PS3 has numerous problems that cause headaches as well. So the graphics were downgraded because of the 360...well you know what I think? I think that the framerate studders and chops because the PS3 doesn't have nearly enough RAM for a game of this size, and Oblivion agrees with me.

they have the same amount of ram plus ps3 ram has a way high clock speed

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

That link doesn't say anything about the graphics being limited because of the 360. It could mean anything. Game size, amount of cars, the amount of people on the street at one time, it says nothing.

Good job falling for the BS headline and completely omitting that the article mentioned that the PS3 has it's limitations also.

You get the slow clap for this great thread.

pielover666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 pielover666
Member since 2005 • 531 Posts
The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.rexoverbey
Link?
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

Link? Oh and not that weak link to a rumor mill that you posted. Thanks.

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#22 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts
I see no difference between the PS3 games and Xbox 360 games.. thats a bummer for the PS3 since its supposed to have more of this and that and the cell engine. The only thing thatthe engine seemed to do was to runFolding @ Home.Sony got owned..
Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Sigh... cows.
Anyway, what's Rockstars problem?
All they have to do is put a giant icon on the boxart of the 360 version that says 'HARD DRIVE REQUIRED'.

Not that hard.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

iamanoobkillme

Ok? Apparently you are new to the PS3, care to explain why ports on it suck? And why every single one of them has framerate issues compared to the 360 counterpart?

iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iamanoobkillme
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

TheDarkDisciple

nice, you found an old article from an interview in playstation magazine :roll:

And it probably won't be downgraded because they can make it HD required.

notgoingtohappen

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yet the majority of multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360. Great logic, TC.:roll:Thumbs up, way up!
iamanoobkillme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 iamanoobkillme
[QUOTE="iamanoobkillme"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

TheSystemLord1

Ok? Apparently you are new to the PS3, care to explain why ports on it suck? And why every single one of them has framerate issues compared to the 360 counterpart?

custhegameispoorlyportedfromthe360tops3.notall360gamesarebetter.oblivianonps3hasfasterloadtimesmorestuffinitandbettergraphics.

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jared2720

[QUOTE="Jared2720"]Rockstar has been hinting at this for a long time. It's why they're working on LA Noire and another new franchise exclusively for the PS3. They're giving Microsoft the finger for holding next-gen GTA back.buuzer0

Last generation, wasn't the PS2 holding the GTA games back? It was the weakest of the systems...

Are you really comparing the development potential of a Core 360 (no HDD and DVD9) to any PS3 SKU (Universal HDD and Blu-ray)? The PS3 has more potential in contrast to the Core 360. That's just a fact. Rockstar knew it.

Developers may say that the PS3's architecture is difficult to understand compared to the 360, but this is only because it's new. Several talented developers (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Insomniac) have actually stated that they enjoyed working with the PS3. I'm inclined to believe that those who bash the PS3 just aren't that talented. Rockstar is a talented developer. The PS3, compared to the Core 360, has much more potential.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.rexoverbey

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

nybritboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nybritboy
Member since 2005 • 774 Posts
not having a harddrive standard does not affect graphics textures or framrate in any way. so that pisses on your bonfire
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BioShockOwnz
custhegameispoorlyportedfromthe360tops3.notall360gamesarebetter.oblivianonps3hasfasterloadtimesmorestuffinitandbettergraphics.

iamanoobkillme

Space bars rock.

Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Danthegamingman
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

iamanoobkillme

nope they don't because the PS3 OS uses roughly 90 mb of RAM where X360 uses 30 mb. Thats about 10% more availalbe RAM for X360 that is taking into account the developer knows how to effectively access the 256mb of RAM attached to the CEll without latency issues.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RotaryRX7

Sigh... cows.
All they have to do is put a giant icon on the boxart of the 360 version that says 'HARD DRIVE REQUIRED'.

Not that hard.

Sgt_Crow

You = Don't understand Politics.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BioShockOwnz

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.RotaryRX7

We get content too, sir. It's already on the Blu-Ray disc, unlike you who has to pay for extra. :lol:

False.

maabus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 maabus99
Member since 2006 • 970 Posts

BIG FAT LINK

aka_aj03

May 2nd, 2007 topic is recent news here now? Time travel I swear!

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts
I've always thought the 360 version was the reason for all the GTA IV delays. It has got to be really frustrating to create a huge world and try and make it run smoothly with no data to cache to a harddrive. Bethesda did it with Oblivion, but not without a delay. Also, Oblivion chugs and stutters a lot. The difference between Oblivion and GTA IV though is that GTA IV is supposed to have NO LOAD TIMES. That is proving to be extremely difficult to make a smooth running game on 360. RockStar has to make it run smoothly and be fully playable with no load times on a harddrive-less 360. And people are blaming the PS3 still...
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jared2720
[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]

Sigh... cows.

Not that hard.

RotaryRX7

Agreed. I believe Rockstar wanted to do this from the beginning and Microsoft said, "Umm... no."

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheSystemLord1

iamanoobkillme

Is this your argument? Have you played it? Apparently not.

Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Danthegamingman
[QUOTE="buuzer0"]

[QUOTE="Jared2720"]Rockstar has been hinting at this for a long time. It's why they're working on LA Noire and another new franchise exclusively for the PS3. They're giving Microsoft the finger for holding next-gen GTA back.Jared2720

Are you really comparing the development potential of a Core 360 (no HDD and DVD9) to any PS3 SKU (Universal HDD and Blu-ray)? The PS3 has more potential in contrast to the Core 360. That's just a fact. Rockstar knew it.

Developers may say that the PS3's architecture is difficult to understand compared to the 360, but this is only because it's new. Several talented developers (Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Insomniac) have actually stated that they enjoyed working with the PS3. I'm inclined to believe that those who bash the PS3 just aren't that talented. Rockstar is a talented developer. The PS3, compared to the Core 360, has much more potential.

Gabe Newell of Valve and John Carmack of IDnot talented..........LOL. Folks we have a winner for dumb comment of the year.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

TheSystemLord1

No it doesn't what the guy meant by 'both have enomous challenges' is only the 360 is haivng challenges and the PS3 one is done, butBill Gatesbroke in to Rockstars offices and stole all the PS3 data. Man that Gates is an evil guy :D

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
[QUOTE="Sgt_Crow"]

Sigh... cows.

Not that hard.

RotaryRX7

Maybe I don't.
What I understand even less is how anyone could buy a core 360, lol.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.RotaryRX7

False.

I know this, I was justtrying to irritate him due tohis statement which is quite the opposite according to the article.

Fact of the matter is this: People buy GTA to roam around and have fun in afree world environment.Mostly casuals too.A lot of casuals don't even play the story! Therefore, the360's "exclusive content" is a joke that only hardcore fanboys will likeso they can get achievements and brag to other nerds out there.

Um, I don't play for achievements and I'll be sure to buy the expansion packs....

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RotaryRX7
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="rexoverbey"]The only downgraded version will be the PS3 version with no extra content UGH.BioShockOwnz

False.

I know this, I was justtrying to irritate him due tohis statement which is quite the opposite according to the article.

Fact of the matter is this: People buy GTA to roam around and have fun in afree world environment.Mostly casuals too.A lot of casuals don't even play the story! Therefore, the360's "exclusive content" is a joke that only hardcore fanboys will likeso they can get achievements and brag to other nerds out there.

Um, I don't play for achievements and I'll be sure to buy the expansion packs....

You represent 1% of the Xbox community.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheSystemLord1

I know this, I was just trying to irritate him due to his statement which is quite the opposite according to the article.

Fact of the matter is this: People buy GTA to roam around and have fun in a free world environment. Mostly casuals too. A lot of casuals don't even play the story! Therefore, the 360's "exclusive content" is a joke that only hardcore fanboys will like so they can get achievements and brag to other nerds out there.

RotaryRX7

The hell? The content is actual missions and stories. The game will have 1000 achievement points just like every other game...maybe 1250 if they add it to the bonus content.

BTW, Home should be here before the release of GTA 4. I guess hardcore nerds and losers get achievements, but only cool gamers go for trophies..

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
Thanks to Fanboys, System Wars has been downgraded.
sts9kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sts9kid
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I don't think it's fair to compare studios that have been working exclusively with PS3 dev kits for 2-3 years with the majority of game studios. It's not like you can suddenly devote all your resources to one without some major blowback.

As for the article, this was news back in Aay. So its almost half a year old now. If I remember correctly the article was published on OPM (Original Playstation Magazine, right?). The interviewer asked a very loaded question, pretty much intentionally assuring a quote which has been very effective (its still going strong, 6 months later, lol!).

The interviwer asked "does the lack of a standard HD make the xbox 360 difficult to program for?" Of course the honest reply is, "yes" because obviously not having a HD to cache to (if you have a core, all games still cache to xbox 360s with HDs) makes things trickier. You're going to have to use compression techniques and the likes. Of course it's also very interesting to note that even though the question said nothing about the PS3, it was noted that they are both difficult in their own ways.

Hmmm...

Seems to me like the most likely reason for any delay is being caused by the PS3. RS has more experience with the Xbox 360... heck the game was even slated for an October release for 07. We probably could have been playing GTA right now if they didn't have to build a completely seperate game that looks and plays the same as what they were designing for the 360. It's pretty obvious that any game like this is going to need to be designed differently for both consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

heretrix

That link doesn't say anything about the graphics being limited because of the 360. It could mean anything. Game size, amount of cars, the amount of people on the street at one time, it says nothing.

Good job falling for the BS headline and completely omitting that the article mentioned that the PS3 has it's limitations also.

You get the slow clap for this great thread.

Wouldn't all those things you list fall under the category of "graphics"?

Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

BIG FAT LINK

Danthegamingman
If anything was downgraded it was graphics because of PS3's weaker GPU.

lmao you really believe that too