UC4 vs Rise of hte Tomb Raider graphics comparison

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Vaasman: How was that a shit post exactly? Do you not like the outcome?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By AM-Gamer

@gpuking: Are you pulling those pics online or from screenshare? It's such a pain in the ass to post screenshare pics without them being compressed. I was curious if your going through all the trouble?

Your pics are always high quality.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@panda30: OMG, is that photomode on rails too? You have gone too far Uncharted!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

UC4 is more impressive.

I'm so glad this game is supplying so much salt. like damn dude. You could package it and sell it.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@panda30: These fanboys UC4 thread are annoying but your obsession about the game you don't like is equally annoying. Your literally everywhere and look for the shitiest stuff you can find about this game.

To you UC4 has to play in these incredible standards. No bugs, has to stream in high quality textures, ground texture with proper filtering from some incredible furthest of distances. It has to do that or everyone is hiding everything.

Shit go watch DF ROTTR xboxone vs 360 pretend its UC4 and laugh at the fact that some of the short cuts caused some of the texture filtering to look worse than the 360 version. With your dedication all of these impressive tech games have shitty graphics and people who praise them are hiding them. WTF has this game done to you.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@PSP107 said:

@Epak_: "maybe a more stable framerate?"

Oh so are thinking of The Neo?

No NEO needed. Just compare TR 2013 which released on both the Xbone/PS4 where the PS4 version had higher resolution. The games are running on the same engine and the games were also designed with last gen in mind (TR= PS3/360 and Rise = 360).

There should be a similar upgrade with Rise of the TR as well, and to be honest, SE is going to need to do something special and add incentives to help sell this game as late ports traditionally sell poorly. Adding incentives to late ports is also something many publishers have done in the past, and I would imagine some free DLC on the disc, play up the increased resolution, or something to that effect.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By AM-Gamer

@panda30: UC4 doesn't fix shit in photomode. Try playing it.

Filters make the game look worse and to much DOF just blurs out the background. Adjusting a camera doesn't change assets.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Zergforlife
Member since 2016 • 467 Posts

lol more photomodes, more and more and more. Non stop.

PHOTO DAT' MODE

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#109 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@zergforlife said:

PHOTO DAT' MODE

More and more salt, non stop so salty

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Zergforlife

@aroxx_ab said:
@zergforlife said:

PHOTO DAT' MODE

Aaand here is what happens when you catch a cow red handed before he can find that perfect distant and upwards angle to hide the bad textures, apply some blur, and then use a little sharpening to top it all off!

"NO FAIR, I WAS STILL SETTING UP THE SHOT!"

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@zergforlife:

Wow that looks awful, ROTTR looks so much better

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#112 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69596 Posts

Both games have very strong moments. Uncharted cutscenes sports higher resolution models, lighting and textures to that of gameplay. Tomb Raider look and feel does not fluctuate, it stays the same throughout the experience. There are scenes that are very strong in Uncharted and Tomb Raider. SO anyone stating that Game A blows away Game B is a moron. And you don't want to be a moron.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By panda30
Member since 2016 • 941 Posts

its all very simple really if you guys scare to post NORMAL screenshot as in character in plable forum then all your salty arguments are worthless

its obios you all refuse to do this because in game mode the game dont look as good

so sad that when you google Uncharted 4 all you get is cinematic and the only gameplay its from the alpha demo not 1 person dares to post gameplay screenshots

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I see this is another thread full of photomode and cut scenes to make a PS4 title look better than what it actually is. Not surprised.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Pedro

@pimphand_gamer said:

You guys seem to be judging art direction more than actual graphical technologies used. Technically, TR's "Horizon" engine does more and has heavier use of higher end GPU's than the "naughty dog 4 engine" which still uses most assets from the PS3 versions, just a new run time. From an art direction perspective, tropical environments always tend to look more visually appealing than colder climates but ultimately it comes down to which game is more fun to play. I've played neither but I'd assume U4 is probably more fun.

If you want to play more than watch then you would have more fun with TR but TR also has its share of watching but not as much as Uncharted. Just to clarify, they both have too much cutscenes.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#116 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I think UC4's interiors look better and ROTR looks better in big open areas.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@SolidTy:

I never played the PS3/360 version, but i have the PS4 version I got for $5 earlier this year. It's a good looking game.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 panda30

@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy:

I never played the PS3/360 version, but i have the PS4 version I got for $5 earlier this year. It's a good looking game.

rise of the TR was never on ps3/360 only on xbox one / pc

Uncharte4 was never on ps3/360 and only on ps4

soooo.. yea what game you talking about

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SolidTy

@panda30 said:
@PSP107 said:

@SolidTy:

rise of the TR was never on ps3/360 only on xbox one / pc

Uncharte4 was never on ps3/360 and only on ps4

soooo.. yea what game you talking about

He was talking about TR 2013 PS4 version, the game which released on PC/PS3/PS4/360/Xbone.

Also, the sequel Rise of the TR released on 360/Xbone/PC, not just Xbone and PC.

panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By panda30

@zergforlife said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@zergforlife said:

PHOTO DAT' MODE

Aaand here is what happens when you catch a cow red handed before he can find that perfect distant and upwards angle to hide the bad textures, apply some blur, and then use a little sharpening to top it all off!

"NO FAIR, I WAS STILL SETTING UP THE SHOT!"

what your trying to prove thats a cinematic vs photomode you prove nothing

try gameplay and yea photo mode can improve the picture but that doesn't mean you did sooooo ... yea jokes on you all you manage to do its prove you're desperate

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

i have tomb raider on pc and its one of the most aliased, jaggy, grainy games ive ever seen. even at 4k its just disgusting. tomb raider at 4k has at least as much aliasing as a typical ps or 360 game at 720p.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SolidTy

@m3dude1 said:

i have tomb raider on pc and its one of the most aliased, jaggy, grainy games ive ever seen. even at 4k its just disgusting. tomb raider at 4k has at least as much aliasing as a typical ps or 360 game at 720p.

It was a cross gen game afterall.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Yeah, you're full of shit.

@dynamitecop said:

lol this fucking guy, doesn't even have Tomb Raider so he's just grabbing random images from all over the internet...

not to mention the photomode shit he's trying to pass off for UC4, god you suck at this, at least try to be objective...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Another gpooking thread, and another 5 pages of shit posting incoming.

Why everyone humours this guy is beyond me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Pedro
@i_p_daily said:

Because its humorous.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:
@i_p_daily said:

Because its humorous.

Really? all he ever does is graphic king threads, and after you've read 1 of his threads you've read them all. I guess people could find this funny once, but his shit never changes, I never thought repetition could be so funny.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#127  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Where the hell is everyone getting this idea that Uncharted 4 photo mode is this magical mode that instantly enhances the picture quality? The settings in this mode cannot and do not have the ability to sharpen the image any further than it already is. All it does is let you put things in less focus, position the camera, and add filters. These filters are so minor, the game lets you slap them in mid gameplay whenever you want and it doesn't even have to reset to any checkpoint. Stop being so petty!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#128  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@panda30: Actually, Rise of the Tomb Raider IS available on Xbox 360.

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Zergforlife

@killered3 said:

Where the hell is everyone getting this idea that Uncharted 4 photo mode is this magical mode that instantly enhances the picture quality? The settings in this mode cannot and do not have the ability to sharpen the image any further than it already is. All it does is let you put things in less focus, position the camera, and add filters. These filters are so minor, the game lets you slap them in mid gameplay whenever you want and it doesn't even have to reset to any checkpoint. Stop being so petty!

If photomodes make almost no difference, why use them almost exclusively? Also, taking bad textures out of focus or view is far from not making any differences. Just post pure gameplay shots,

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By ellos

@SolidTy said:
@m3dude1 said:

He's confusing it with xboxone version. That is a shimmering mess. For such a beatiful game on xboxone it has one of the poor AA solution. Image quality might have been better at 900p with better AA and AF. Actually beaten by the 360 version in some aspect. PC cleans all that up.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 m3dude1

@ellos said:
@SolidTy said:
@m3dude1 said:

He's confusing it with xboxone version. That is a shimmering mess. For such a beatiful game on xboxone it has one of the poor AA solution. Image quality might have been better at 900p with better AA and AF. Actually beaten by the 360 version in some aspect. PC cleans all that up.

pc version has the exact same aa as xbone you clueless derp

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

@zergforlife said:
@killered3 said:

If photomodes make almost no difference, why use them almost exclusively? Also, taking bad textures out of focus or view is far from not making any differences. Just post pure gameplay shots,

Exactly, I keep asking gpuking to just post one gameplay shot with proof of a HUD. Just one! That's all it takes, but I have still yet to see one.

No one apparently knows what filters can do here. I'll just post what I posted in another thread. This is with DOF, sharpening, softening, saturation and other filters. This is Sweetfx--it's much more advanced, but it's still possible to pretty up a picture even with just minor filters.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DragonfireXZ95

@m3dude1 said:
@ellos said:
@SolidTy said:
@m3dude1 said:

Interesting. I didn't know you could switch from FXAA to SSAA on the Xbone version.

"The main anti-aliasing option in Rise of the Tomb Raider is FXAA, a fast post-process solution that anti-aliases edges and transparencies to a decent degree. It may not be to everyone's taste, because of texture blur and the introduction of temporal aliasing, but typically in modern games traditional Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) techniques are either incompatible or too demanding. Those seeking an alternative can try Rise of the Tomb Raider's other anti-aliasing option, Supersampling Anti-Aliasing (SSAA).

SSAA acts much like NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution, increasing the internal rendering resolution of the game before downsampling the result to the display's screen resolution. On a 1920x1080 monitor, 2x SSAA renders Rise of the Tomb Raider at 2688x1512, and at 3840x2160 with 4x SSAA. The output has significantly more detail per pixel, increasing the quality of texturing, the fidelity of effects, and the visibility of background detail. And aliasing is all but eliminated, delivering a super high-quality picture.

Of course, the performance cost is immense, as it would be when rendering natively at a higher resolution on a high-resolution monitor, or using Dynamic Super Resolution to boost the rendering resolution. If you have the horsepower though you can combine SSAA with higher rendering resolutions to output at an effective 7680x4320, which is how DeadEndThrills produced these stunning screenshots."

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By ellos

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@m3dude1 said:
@ellos said:
@SolidTy said:

Interesting. I didn't know you could switch from FXAA to SSAA on the Xbone version.

"The main anti-aliasing option in Rise of the Tomb Raider is FXAA, a fast post-process solution that anti-aliases edges and transparencies to a decent degree. It may not be to everyone's taste, because of texture blur and the introduction of temporal aliasing, but typically in modern games traditional Multisample Anti-Aliasing (MSAA) techniques are either incompatible or too demanding. Those seeking an alternative can try Rise of the Tomb Raider's other anti-aliasing option, Supersampling Anti-Aliasing (SSAA).

SSAA acts much like NVIDIA Dynamic Super Resolution, increasing the internal rendering resolution of the game before downsampling the result to the display's screen resolution. On a 1920x1080 monitor, 2x SSAA renders Rise of the Tomb Raider at 2688x1512, and at 3840x2160 with 4x SSAA. The output has significantly more detail per pixel, increasing the quality of texturing, the fidelity of effects, and the visibility of background detail. And aliasing is all but eliminated, delivering a super high-quality picture.

Of course, the performance cost is immense, as it would be when rendering natively at a higher resolution on a high-resolution monitor, or using Dynamic Super Resolution to boost the rendering resolution. If you have the horsepower though you can combine SSAA with higher rendering resolutions to output at an effective 7680x4320, which is how DeadEndThrills produced these stunning screenshots."

@m3dude1: you got all of that you clueless derp. If you got the hardware you have choices.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By m3dude1

every game supports OGSSAA you clueless derp. no gpu is fast enough to use it at a high enough level to be effective regardless

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Zergforlife

They know exactly what photomode can do, they're just fanboys. You have to remember, these are the same type of people that SWORE by "The human eye can't see past 30 FPS" last gen on Sony forums.

They'll say whatever they can, not that DF will get fooled.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DragonfireXZ95

@m3dude1 said:

every game supports OGSSAA you clueless derp. no gpu is fast enough to use it at a high enough level to be effective regardless

There are GPUs fast enough to support 2688x1512. My Titan X does.

Apparently, this guy can, too.

Loading Video...

Also, there's this.

And this.

Try to keep up in class, please; lest you become a clueless derp.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ellos

@m3dude1 said:

If you got the hardware you have options to trade off you clueless derp. As an xboxone version owner anything is better.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@SolidTy: "He was talking about TR 2013 PS4 version, the game which released on PC/PS3/PS4/360/Xbone."

Yea @panda30:

Stay out of grown folks business =(

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@sts106mat said:

UC4 wins, but Tomb raider has better snow and hair effects.

Da foliage, bro, da foliage.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Tomb raider has better lighting, hair and runs at 60fps. Wins by default. It also plays better which is the most important thing.

Must be why TR scored a 10... Oh wait...

Memes your such a xbot - dont ever change.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@joel_c17 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Tomb raider has better lighting, hair and runs at 60fps. Wins by default. It also plays better which is the most important thing.

Must be why TR scored a 10... Oh wait...

Memes your such a xbot - dont ever change.

i cant play scores

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@gpuking: Are you pulling those pics online or from screenshare? It's such a pain in the ass to post screenshare pics without them being compressed. I was curious if your going through all the trouble?

Your pics are always high quality.

They were png screenshare from my PS4 but then I had to compress them a bit in PS into jpeg so this site can handle it lol. Still turned out alright aren't they?

Zergforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Zergforlife
@FreedomFreeLife said:

YOU COMPARE TOMB RAIDER GAMEPLAY VS UNCHARTED 4 CUTSCENES OR PHOTO MODE.

COMPARE GAMEPLAY, NOT FUKING CUTSCENES

LETS COMPARE GAMEPLAY(FROM DIRECT GAMEPLAY, NOT PHOTO MODE)

RoTR PC Ultra easily looks better when you compare just gameplay. And at 60 fps vs 30. But Witcher3 and Battlefront trample both.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 m3dude1

@DragonfireXZ95: that resolution isnt NEARLY high enough to not be an ugly, jaggy mess. Also, injectable post process aa like those in reshade and sweetfx are absolute shit and dont help at all in motion. My gm200 at 1500/7800 is as fast as it gets without LN cooling so i know exactly how far tomb raider can be pushed. Theres no way to fix the aliasing without making the game unplayable or turning everything to low

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#146 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

UC4 looks better. Thanks gpuking.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@panda30

Just watch any UC4 gameplay on YT since you obviously don't have a PS4, do you always see a hud? Huh FOOL? Do YA? Oh does that mean the gameplay is all prerendered now? You are so desperate to downplay UC4's graphics you are an utter laughing stock .

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
panda30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 panda30

@flyincloud1116 said:

UC4 looks better. Thanks gpuking.

yes dude definitely Uncharted looks better especially if your blind it makes it look VR

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AM-Gamer

@gpuking: Yea, they look good. I know if you upload straight from screenshare they look compressed as shit. That's usually the pics herms pull and then argue that's how it actually looks.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By ellos

@AM-Gamer said:

@gpuking: Yea, they look good. I know if you upload straight from screenshare they look compressed as shit. That's usually the pics herms pull and then argue that's how it actually looks.

Pale screen shots that strip one game impressive lighting make for better argument against another game. Anything that remotely gets close to what you see on your tv is not a good argument. That is the nature of these threads for the most part. Its my screenshot comparison is more valid then yours.