Twilight Princess To Be The Next Zelda Remake On New 3DS?

• 88 results
Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Rumor: Twilight Princess To Be The Next Zelda Remake On New 3DS

Fans wondering what Zelda game will be remade next don't have any solid leads to go on, but a new rumor circulating is that Twilight Princess will be remade for the New Nintendo 3DS. Of course, it should go without saying that the rumor is just that... a rumor.

See more at: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/rumor-twilight-princess-to-be-next-zelda-remake-on-new-3ds#.VNrsRFJ0yUm

It's possible. Rather have Skyward Sword though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

NO.

NO.

Keep that on Wii U or something. DO NOT FUCKING WASTE TWILIGHT PRINCESS ON 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

NO.

NO.

And the same should have been for Majora's mask!

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Is Zelda Informer a reliable source?

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I don't trust this source. I can't trust this source. I refuse to believe that there's even a possibility that the best 3D Zelda would be denied a glorious HD remaster on Wii U in favor of a New 3DS cash grab.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

I can't see that happening, Its seems more like a Wii U HD thing like WW. The 3DS already has two Zelda remakes, while the Wii U only has one.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

That game belongs on the WiiU, and that game needs a REmake treatment and not a port job.

-Cut the wolf shit down by like tenfold, because it's completely shit.

-Completely throw out that horse crap in the early going where it takes like an hour before you get a sword to play proper zelda.

-Redo the combat a bit, keep it on a gamepad, and this time create enemies that take advantage of the cool tricks you learn from Ocarina Link skeleton man dude.

-Rewrite some of Twilight Princess, the script is dumb

-Don't have Zant act like a stupid fucking twit at the end that ruins his entire gimmick, and instead actually create a boss fight that uses all the items you used. Only this time without him being a copy/pasta ghetto boss rush mode.

-Add more touches to the environment and people in the town, they should react to their castle being in the yugioh pyramid

-No seriously how about we drop the wolf fetching entirely

-Hero mode from the get go

In a lot of ways Twilight Princess is and should be the best of the 3D zeldas as far as the more straight forward Zelda's are concerned. The dungeons are terrific, but the things around that game are so uninspired. The plot and world feels dull and uninspired because they are half baked, and the game feels like it wants you to be like "yeah I remember Ocarina of Time, boy that game was awesome" , the pacing is straight garbage before Arbiter Grounds, and they completely screwed the pooch on the things they could have done with Twilight Princess's combat.

Not that TP isn't the Zelda I already enjoy more than going back to OoT, Wind Waker, and definitely Skyward Sword, but it could and should have been the legit beast Zelda it was hyped up to be. Instead it disappoints on so many fronts. Obviously not Skyward Sword level, that game is shit. Majora's Mask always and forever the best.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Do people really wanna play Twilight Princess again? I have fond memories of all the Zelda games, but it all went downhill starting with Twilight Princess.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

Considering the success of each Zelda Remake, I seriously doubt that Twilight Princess will come out on the Wii U or New 3ds. The LoZ remakes were surprise hits for Nintendo, and for each remake they have gotten better in quality.

I will almost bet that the next Nintendo console will launch with a remade game whether that be Mario 64, Legend of Zelda or Metroid. But I think they will remake Twilight Princess on a new platform in general.

I think Twilight Princess had the potential to be the best Zelda game. But the Wii held it back the most imo. And if this game gets remade it needs a huge overhaul in many area. It has not aged well at all.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

Do people really wanna play Twilight Princess again? I have fond memories of all the Zelda games, but it all went downhill starting with Twilight Princess.

Twilight Princess was the best 3D Zelda. Don't let people blinded by nostalgia tell you otherwise. The only thing wrong with it were those tear collecting sections as Wolf Link and a lack of sidequests. Combat, dungeon design, and boss battles are the best in the series. The overworld is the best in the series. Story's one of the best in the series. Character designs for Link and Ganon and Zelda are the best in the series.

It started going wrong with Skyward Sword, but based on ALBW I wouldn't call it a trend downwards with that game, it was more like a bump in the road.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Twilight Princess doesn't need any more blurry, muddy textures. That's all it's gonna get from a N3DS port.

A console remaster is a much better choice for it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

@princeofshapeir said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Twilight Princess was the best 3D Zelda. Don't let people blinded by nostalgia tell you otherwise. The only thing wrong with it were those tear collecting sections as Wolf Link and a lack of sidequests. Combat, dungeon design, and boss battles are the best in the series. The overworld is the best in the series. Story's one of the best in the series. Character designs for Link and Ganon and Zelda are the best in the series.

It started going wrong with Skyward Sword, but based on ALBW I wouldn't call it a trend downwards with that game, it was more like a bump in the road.

Combat mechanics yes, it's actual use of them? No, there is no reason to use any of the tricks it gives you, it's half baked.

Boss battles at this point are a push, the 3D ones use the same dull formula for a bunch of pushovers. And overworld? it's the same one as Ocarina of Time. With less in it, and if we're arguing "but atmosphere", Wind Waker's overworld actually gives that game an epic adventure atmosphere. Twilight Princess is ...open field where you can see what arbitrary paths you can take.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't agree at all. It's easily the most forgettable Zelda game. The only cool thing I remember from TP was Midna, everything else was very dull. Okami came out the same year, and it was infinitely better.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:

@princeofshapeir said:

I don't agree at all. It's easily the most forgettable Zelda game. The only cool thing I remember from TP was Midna, everything else was very dull. Okami came out the same year, and it was infinitely better.

Probably just as badly paced, but yeah Okami all day.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

That game belongs on the WiiU, and that game needs a REmake treatment and not a port job.

-Cut the wolf shit down by like tenfold, because it's completely shit.

-Completely throw out that horse crap in the early going where it takes like an hour before you get a sword to play proper zelda.

-Redo the combat a bit, keep it on a gamepad, and this time create enemies that take advantage of the cool tricks you learn from Ocarina Link skeleton man dude.

-Rewrite some of Twilight Princess, the script is dumb

-Don't have Zant act like a stupid fucking twit at the end that ruins his entire gimmick, and instead actually create a boss fight that uses all the items you used. Only this time without him being a copy/pasta ghetto boss rush mode.

-Add more touches to the environment and people in the town, they should react to their castle being in the yugioh pyramid

-No seriously how about we drop the wolf fetching entirely

-Hero mode from the get go

In a lot of ways Twilight Princess is and should be the best of the 3D zeldas as far as the more straight forward Zelda's are concerned. The dungeons are terrific, but the things around that game are so uninspired. The plot and world feels dull and uninspired because they are half baked, and the game feels like it wants you to be like "yeah I remember Ocarina of Time, boy that game was awesome" , the pacing is straight garbage before Arbiter Grounds, and they completely screwed the pooch on the things they could have done with Twilight Princess's combat.

Not that TP isn't the Zelda I already enjoy more than going back to OoT, Wind Waker, and definitely Skyward Sword, but it could and should have been the legit beast Zelda it was hyped up to be. Instead it disappoints on so many fronts. Obviously not Skyward Sword level, that game is shit. Majora's Mask always and forever the best.

I can agree with all of this. OoT has a much much better pacing, I'd say the best pacing from all the Zelda's I own.

The lightbulb fetching with the wolf in TP gets so fucking old after a while. It's litterally like half the games worth. If they took that out, or cut it in half even, I'd be 100x better. And yes, the tricks you learn from the skelleton dude are most of the time worthless. Half of the time you force yourself to use them.

I still enjoy the game, but now that I recently played it..I really feel that so many things could have been done much better. An 8 would have been the better score instead of the 8.8 it got here (suck it, sheep).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Got to love how torn the LoZ fanbase is

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Zelda Informer is an awful site. They post any rumor that they read and pretty much any "tip" that is emailed to them. I think they even got caught making up their own things just for the clicks.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jg4xchamp

@killerfist said:

I can agree with all of this. OoT has a much much better pacing, I'd say the best pacing from all the Zelda's I own.

The lightbulb fetching with the wolf in TP gets so fucking old after a while. It's litterally like half the games worth. If they took that out, or cut it in half even, I'd be 100x better. And yes, the tricks you learn from the skelleton dude are most of the time worthless. Half of the time you force yourself to use them.

I still enjoy the game, but now that I recently played it..I really feel that so many things could have been done much better. An 8 would have been the better score instead of the 8.8 it got here (suck it, sheep).

Yo where the **** you be at? It's like you went on a heavy work schedule that one year and vanished?

All of the old guard is basically gone since the glory days of the GTA 4 v MGS 4 hype threads : (

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

That would be a dream come true. All 3 of the best Zelda games of all time on one handheld :D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Legend002 said:

It's possible. Rather have Skyward Sword though.

Ewww. That game needs motion controls. It's a big part of what made it so fantastic.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#21 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Although there's some benefit to having the game on the go, I would 100% rather have that game be a console remake similar to Wind Waker HD.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@Chozofication: I disagree. Majora's mask is a great zelda game that is 15 years old, many people have not experienced it and how awesome it is. Its one of the zelda games that deserves a remake.

TP is an a very average zelda game (don't care what anyone says I just didn't think it was special, playing as the wolf is specifically annoying when it's forced on you, collecting those orbs or whatever was a huge chore, so little side content, very basic and straightforward Dungeons, no memorable boss fights). It came out fairly recently and most people have been able to play it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Legend002 said:

Fans wondering what Zelda game will be remade next don't have any solid leads to go on

Boom. Killed their own article right at the beginning. The whole story reeks of bullshit.

I don't think people understand the work that would be involved with Skyward Sword. Wiimotion Plus was a massive part of that game. All sorts of enemies and puzzles were constructed around it. Take that away, and it's just a mediocre Zelda game rather than a mediocre Zelda game with motion controls. A good bit of the game would have to be redone, and not just aesthetically.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

How about the oracle games? Never played those and i can't get them now because...they feel dated (not a fan of the original gameboy for this kind of games) so a remake for those games with the visual style from A Link Between Worlds would be a much better deal IMO.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

ew tp was the most bland and generic zelda game ever

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Eh. I'm not going to repurchase the worst 3D game in the series.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Chozofication said:

@charizard1605 said:

NO.

NO.

^this. I wanted it on their next console in full HD with crazy haunting graphics. Now we'll probably never see it happen. Even more likely if TP ends up on N3DS. I mean It would be worst case scenario.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PurpleMan5000

@princeofshapeir said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

No, Skyward Sword had better combat, better dungeons, and better boss battles. The combat and boss battles of all the other Zelda games are basically a push, since they are all the same. TP had some cool-looking bosses, but they were all cakewalks. The biggest problem with TP was that it felt like the same OOT I had already played about 10 years earlier. It was a stale game at launch. I could see how somebody who didn't play the N64 games first might think it's the best, and I really enjoyed all of the nostalgia for the first 20 hours or so. The game never became challenging, though, and I was left wondering when it was going to throw something that is truly new out there up until the end credits rolled.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Twilight Princess takes a little bit of time to get going. I think some of that has to do with wondering if the game will open up in the first place though. However, it is a very strong game. The story arc is quite transformative and intriguing. It starts off very claustrophobic and down to earth. Over the course of the game it really broadens the perspective of the game world. Some of the best moments in any zelda game are in Twilight, imo.

As for the game coming to 3DS? Why not. It would be nice if it was playable on wiiu. I agree there. But a complete visual overhaul? Would that really improve the game much? Maybe some touch ups to character faces, but other than that I don't know. I can appreciate the visuals. It is one of the few times Nintendo maybe attempted more than the hardware could chew.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I fucking hope not, the 3ds can't handle the graphics... Wait another gen.

**** the haters man TP is one of the best Zeldas and imo the second best in atmosphere (and proof that Zelda has a lot of potential for more mature audiences, would be nice to have a LoZ game without creative boundaries like age restriction).

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I enjoyed TP the most of all the zelda's I've played and never finished. I got 20 hours in and have fond memories of it even though I never went back to finish it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

If they weren't so greedy they'd make a ZMC ( Zelda Master Collection ) for Wii U that includes the four best Zelda games ever all totally re mastered 1080P 60fps and include some online coop all for 60 bones. ::P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#34 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I feel like this is just Zelda Informer trying to start another Hype Train since Majora's Mask is getting Re-Released.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

If they weren't so greedy they'd make a ZMC ( Zelda Master Collection ) for Wii U that includes the four best Zelda games ever all totally re mastered 1080P 60fps and include some online coop all for 60 bones. ::P

And then you try to play it and it doesn't work.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@SecretPolice said:

And then you try to play it and it doesn't work.

Eh, who needs online anyway, like MCC, it would be worth it's wait in gold without online working.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I hope not. Twilight Princess is shit.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#38 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Twilight Princess deserves nothing less than an HD remaster.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

TC wants a remake of a game that came out 4 years ago. (Skyward Sword) Seriously, WTF?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PurpleMan5000
@speedfreak48t5p said:

TC wants a remake of a game that came out 4 years ago. (Skyward Sword) Seriously, WTF?

I'd repurchase Skyward Sword if it was a complete remake for the Wii U. That game is fugly on the Wii, and it was good enough overall to warrant an additional purchase.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I actually really like TP though I remember it dragging a bit at the start. If they want a remake do it on wii U as it would be a waste to do a 3ds reamke.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I guess it was too much to ask for Ninty to make an original 3D zelda game for the 3DS.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#43 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

I'd rather a wii u port. I don't think the 3ds can do much technically for the game and it would probably be limited to the new 3ds anyways seeing as that is the case for xenoblade.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Wow look at all the TP haters, it's so cute.

sandbox3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 sandbox3d
Member since 2010 • 5166 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

@Chozofication said:

@charizard1605 said:

NO.

NO.

^this. I wanted it on their next console in full HD with crazy haunting graphics. Now we'll probably never see it happen. Even more likely if TP ends up on N3DS. I mean It would be worst case scenario.

I must agree, I can't stand seeing these remakes squandered on handhelds. A full blown console remake of MM would have been amazing.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

Can the 3DS even do that? given the hardware limitations, I am going to remain skeptical.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PurpleMan5000

@samanthademeste said:

Can the 3DS even do that? given the hardware limitations, I am going to remain skeptical.

The New 3DS can. It wouldn't look as good as the Wii version, but it would be playable. Similar to Xenoblade.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@samanthademeste said:

The New 3DS can. It wouldn't look as good as the Wii version, but it would be playable. Similar to Xenoblade.

Okay then. It's not confirmed however. (the Twilight Princess port.)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I don't really care about whether a zelda remake is on handheld or console TBH.

I guess my issue is that it would be kind of silly to me to have a TP 3DS remake right after a MM remake. Then again we already got WW HD on the Wii U, although atleast that is an older release.

That being said, one Zelda game I'd like to see remade is Zelda II. Bring back the game with updated visuals and any of the nonsense which made the game frustrating. I don't see this ever happening however.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@DJ-Lafleur said:

I don't really care about whether a zelda remake is on handheld or console TBH.

I guess my issue is that it would be kind of silly to me to have a TP 3DS remake right after a MM remake. Then again we already got WW HD on the Wii U, although atleast that is an older release.

That being said, one Zelda game I'd like to see remade is Zelda II. Bring back the game with updated visuals and any of the nonsense which made the game frustrating. I don't see this ever happening however.

it wouldn't be released, or even announced, for a couple years, like MM3D after OoT3D.