Tomb Raider DE: the dumbest argument ever

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@realjaysonguy said:

@MBirdy88: In all reality, only developers themselves know how difficult or not difficult a particular platform is to develop for, and it's something we'll most likely never know the true answer to.

ok, so this null and voids your original post's point, correct? since you made a wild assumption that is very likely untrue. regardless if we can confirm it or not.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#52 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

So many stupid sentences.

Most did not care? Many cared and really liked the reboot.

Nothing to play on PS4 and Xbone? I find myself spending a good amount of time with each.

@realjaysonguy said:

but it not running as well on the Xbox One has nothing to do with the system itself, but rather the optimization -

Show me the proof, please.

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

@MBirdy88: My original post was my opinion that arguing about the graphical quality of a last-gen port is pretty irrelevant. And when it comes down to it, almost everything people say on these boards in terms of raw facts are largely exaggerated or outright false. What I do know is that by the end of the ps3 era, it was an often talked about point that the cell processor made game development more difficult than necessary.

Because of this, Sony talked openly about their desire to create an interface with the ps4 that was easier for developers to get a handle on. Microsoft has said very little on this subject, leading to a speculation that perhaps the Xbox One might have early challenges when it comes to game development. The truth is, neither you, myself, or anyone else on these boards really has any idea how difficult it is to develop for either platform, but in speculation, my hypothesis potentially makes sense. I'm not saying it's true or false, I'm admitting that I'm not a game developer, so I'm doing what everyone else on here does -- make an educated guess (some of us more educated than others).

What I do know is that I've run Ryse and Killzone on the same television, without video compression, or relying on someone else's integrity when comparing consoles. And in doing that, I have to honestly say graphically both games are pretty much on the same level. I haven't run into the frame rate problems on the Xbox One people are seeing, and the console is definitely more than capable of putting out good looking games.

In that, I made an educated guess that maybe there's something under the hood third party developers are struggling to understand on the console. In raw specs, the obvious answer is that the ps4 is a more capable console, so more than likely it's just that simple as to why the ps4 runs third party games better. But after seeing Ryse running well on the Xbox One, I don't see the system as something that's unable to properly run a game like Tomb Raider at a stable frame rate without another factor adding in. In that, I guessed, which is what we all do when we argue about consoles, that there might have been some kind of challenge in development. And there might have been. We don't know. We probably won't ever know.

But to close it off, if the system can run Ryse, which looks better than any other next-gen release outside of Killzone, it shouldn't have problems running games of a lower graphical quality.