TitanGreatness Becomes Greater

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

A new patch to help the game. Custom lobbies is a great addition.

Greatness Is Here

Abbreviated List of Dev Notes

Titanfall Patch Update

4/10/2014 Patch Update Details

NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Private Match (beta) - This is the first public test of our new Private Match mode. This gives you a way to organize matches with and against your friends, for casual or tournament play. Some features are unfinished or not yet implemented, and we welcome your feedback. A few highlights:

• Private Match supports 2 to 12 players, with 1 to 6 players on each team.

• You can start a new Private Match lobby by choosing it on the main selection screen (alongside Campaign, MP, and Training). Invite your friends in or have them join you at any time.

• Choose any of the game's maps or modes (CTF, Pilot Hunter, etc.) to play in.

• Choose which team you're on.

• There is no XP gain, challenge progress, or achievement unlocking while in a Private Match. For this beta, the Last Game Summary screen will display what you would have earned in normal play outside of Private Match, but be aware that this progress will not be recorded to your lifetime total.

• For this beta, there is no concept of a "lobby leader"; any player can change game options in the lobby or start/stop the match countdown.

• All Private Match games are still played on dedicated servers via Xbox Live Cloud Compute, just like normal matches.

• New options like round time, score limits, and much more will come in future updates.

Party Colors - Your party members and their titans now show up on the mini-map with green colors, instead of the normal blue colors that other friendlies use. Their names are also drawn in green on your HUD, the obituary text, and in the pre-game lobby. This helps you figure out where your friends are and what they're up to, especially in the heat of combat.

Auto-Titan Color in Obituary - Your auto-titan's name now shows up in the obituary with the gold color that your own name does. Previously it had the same blue color as any other friendly. This makes it easier to keep tabs on how your titan is doing.

Removed Wall-hack Exploit - PC cheaters were able to modify their local configuration files to enable a sort of wall-hack cheat using legit game code. We've closed the exploit that they were using.

Menu Changes - "Play Multiplayer" is now the default (top) option on the private lobby menu, if you've completed both the IMC and Militia campaigns. It has also been renamed from "Play Classic", since the term "classic", which we used internally, proved to be confusing to some players.

Game Version on Main Menu - The main menu now displays the game's version in the bottom-left corner. Now you don't have to wonder if you really do have the latest version of the game, and we can use that to double-check things if support is helping you troubleshoot issues.

NEW FEATURES (Xbox One)

Party App Shortcut in Menus - Added a shortcut on all menus that opens the Xbox One's "Party" app by pressing Left Trigger on the controller, similar to the existing Right Trigger shortcut that invites friends. You can then press 'B' to close it when you're done, or leave it up. (This is much easier than the manual method of going to the Home screen, opening "My games & apps", selecting Apps, scrolling a few screens over to the "Party" app, and opening it.)

GAME BALANCE CHANGES

The Gooser Challenge - Based on recent feedback from fans of the game, the Gen 5 challenge requirement 'Gooser', requiring players to kill 50 ejecting pilots, will be reduced to 5 total. We had a couple of design goals for Regeneration. One was to give players a structured way to discover and experience ways of playing the game they might not have otherwise tried on their own. The second was to recognize players' mastery of various skills, going beyond just 'time played'. We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met just to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot. We understand some players have already completed the challenge, or have already earned more than the new requirement so we will be internally noting those players so we can recognize their accomplishments in a future game update.

40mm magazine capacity for default and Extended Mag – The default magazine size was making the 40mm too powerful. It is intended to be the only weapon that can take a Titan down without reloading, if used skillfully. However, 20 rounds per magazine were proving to be too high and overly tolerant of indiscriminate fire. We’ve reduced it to 12 rounds per magazine, which still allows players to take a Titan down without reloading, but helps balance it out against other Titan weapons. The extended mag has also been dropped from 25 to 16, with the same design principles applying to this change.

Titan Quad Rocket mag size change – During development, there was a time when the Quad Rocket was too powerful. We made a lot of changes to pull it back before shipping (lessened the screen shake impact, lessened the duration of the first person impact FX, lowered the magazine size, pulled the damage back, etc.) It currently can struggle against other Titan weapons and going back to the 5/6 (default/extended mag) magazine sizes helps balance the weapon and allows players to miss a few shots and still be effective. It was 4/5, now its 5/6.

Titan Quad Rocket damage vs Titan shields – It was taking too long to drop a Titans shields with the Quad Rocket (5 shots). This meant you had to reload before you could even drop an enemy Titan’s shields. This was the only Titan weapon that had this issue. We’ve now upped the damage against Titan shields so that it can drop a shield with 4 shots. Combined with the increased mag size, this damage increase effectively gives you one more volley in the mag to deal serious direct hull damage.

Titan Quad Rocket 'Rapid Fire' Mod's mag size change – We upped the magazine size for the Quad Rocket's Rapid Fire Mod to help it compete with the changes made to the extended magazine (from 5 to 6). The Rapid Fire Mod’s magazine size is going up from 16 to 18.

Amped Kraber Titan damage change – We upped the damage that the Amped Kraber Burn Card does to Titans. It is now the only significantly effective “small arms” weapon against Titans. Note that this only applies to the Amped version of the Kraber. The damage goes up from 100 to 800. We added this to give the Kraber Burn Card a little bit more character, as well as to give you something to shoot if you have a hard time hitting those little Pilots with the Kraber. So snipe away at those Titans…before they kill you!

Hardpoint Domination scoring changes – We wanted to reward and encourage players to go out and capture enemy hardpoints. As important as defending a hardpoint is, capturing them is more important and a tougher task, generally speaking. We did not want to completely remove points for defending, but attacking players were getting too little credit for their efforts. Here is a breakdown of the changes:

• Capturing a hardpoint from 150 to 250

• Assisting in capturing a hardpoint from 75 to 100

• Neutralizing a hardpoint from 50 to 150

• Assisting in neutralizing a hardpoint from 25 to 75

• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (nearby) from 75 to 50

• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from outside (far) from 75 to 50

• Killing a player inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 75 to 50

• Killing an NPC inside an enemy hardpoint from inside the hardpoint from 25 to 10

• Killing a player outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50

• Killing a player inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 75 to 50

• Killing an NPC outside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10

• Killing an NPC inside of a friendly hardpoint whilst inside of a hardpoint from 25 to 10

• Defending a hardpoint now goes from 75 to 25

CTF scoring changes – We wanted to make sure the big payoff in CTF came from capturing the flag. Killing the carrier and then returning the flag was worth 400 points (combined), while capturing the flag was worth 500 points in comparison. These changes are meant to reward players who capture the flag a bit more than those who kill the carrier and return the flag. Defense is still a very important aspect of CTF so we wanted to make sure to keep defending points high enough to still encourage playing defense. Here is a breakdown of the changes:

• Capturing a flag from 500 to 400

• Returning the flag from 250 to 100

• Killing the flag carrier from 150 to 100

And more…stay tuned!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58953 Posts

It's great they are supporting this overhyped title until the next one arrives next year.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Hopefully TitanFall 2 ( assuming they will make a next one to begin with ) will have some sort of a story mode and co-op mode to justify that $60 and im surprised private matches werent already in the full game from the get go, really feels like it was rushed.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wish they would fix some of the performance issues

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib

@finalstar2007 said:

Hopefully TitanFall 2 ( assuming they will make a next one to begin with ) will have some sort of a story mode and co-op mode to justify that $60 and im surprised private matches werent already in the full game from the get go, really feels like it was rushed.

It does have a story mode, it just happens to be online

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Please, the "story" was a joke. I beat the campaign in under two hours. Oh but wait now I get to do the exact same missions (online matches) as before, just playing on the opposing faction!

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I did notice some of the fixes last night

One thing I wish they would fix is the screen tearing....Vsync on please!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Please, the "story" was a joke. I beat the campaign in under two hours. Oh but wait now I get to do the exact same missions (online matches) as before, just playing on the opposing faction!

Okay, it still had a story mode. No one stipulated it had to be good

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MikeMoose

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

He said he wanted a story to justify the $60 price. Titanfall does not have this.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Dark souls had a patch today too. I guess it still makes it greater than titanfall.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lostrib

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

He said he wanted a story to justify the $60 price. Titanfall does not have this.

No, he said he wanted "some sort of a story mode," which Titanfall has. This is a guy who praises COD, he's not exactly looking for an amazing story

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes for sure. The good news is there will be more fixes in the future. Hopefully Vsync will be one of them.

I am also hoping for custom colors, patches, and uniforms.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

@Krelian-co said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

force it with nvidia control panel or radeonpro

You can turn v-sync on in the game itself.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MikeMoose

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

No, he said he wanted "some sort of a story mode," which Titanfall has. This is a guy who praises COD, he's not exactly looking for an amazing story

Titanfalls campaign makes Call of Duty look like Last of Us. If he was looking for a story that will justify spending 60 bucks, he will not find it in Titanfall.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lostrib

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

Titanfalls campaign makes Call of Duty look like Last of Us. If he was looking for a story that will justify spending 60 bucks, he will not find it in Titanfall.

He said a story mode and co-op mode, not the actual story

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Wasnt that just a tutorial mode? a 1 or 2 hour tutorial renamed into a story mode isnt enough to justify a purchase.

while i aint a big fan of playing story mode with FPS's a full story mode and a full co-op mode ( like the ones done with CoD ) would have been great to justify that full price imo so here's hoping a TF2 if it ever happened to fix what TF done.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chikenfriedrice

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Yes for sure. The good news is there will be more fixes in the future. Hopefully Vsync will be one of them.

That would be cool too

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib

@finalstar2007 said:

@lostrib said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Wasnt that just a tutorial mode? a 1 or 2 hour tutorial renamed into a story mode isnt enough to justify a purchase.

while i aint a big fan of playing story mode with FPS's a full story mode and a full co-op mode ( like the ones done with CoD ) would have been great to justify that full price imo so here's hoping a TF2 if it ever happened to fix what TF done.

Well there's a tutorial that shows you how to play the game, and then there is the Campaign mode. The campaign does show a story that occurs and is a set of 9 multiplayer matches

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Greatness awaits.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MikeMoose

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

@MikeMoose said:

@lostrib said:

He said a story mode and co-op mode, not the actual story

Well, seeing as how all the "story mode" is is just multiplayer matches with a "story" thrown in to them, the only thing that differentiates the story mode from the multiplayer is the story itself, so I'd assume the story would matter in that case.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chikenfriedrice

@lostrib said:

@Krelian-co said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sorry talking about the X1 version

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib

@chikenfriedrice said:

@lostrib said:

@Krelian-co said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Sorry talking about the X1 version

yeah I had a feeling

if it makes you feel better the PC also has weird v-sync issues

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

I've got my copy still in the shrink-wrap, hopefully I'll get a chance to play it tonight.

Lately all my gaming has been in small bursts late at night, and then I just default to Spelunky.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's great they are supporting this overhyped title until the next one arrives next year.

hopefully it won't take them a month to include things that should've been there on day 1 when it happens.

and a PROPER campaign mode. Sure you can go and say "no one plays COD for the story" but I guarenfucking tee you ANYONE will prefer what COD does to Titanfall. They at least sort of try. It last more than 2 hours and exists as its own thing. Titanfall? Just MP where winning doesn't really matter and all the action means you likely aren't even hearing the "story" happening over the radio.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

I'm looking forward to the future patch that will have more custom loadouts.

But this one has some nice balancing tweaks as well. Good thing they listen to the community

@kuu2 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Personally don't mind the tearing that much.

But I hate the fact that some maps run fine at 60 fps, and other maps run way lower at 45 fps (PC version). It makes it almost impossible to aim at below 60 fps because the game was designed to run at 60 fps. Any sort of frame drop is instantly noticeable.

In other words they need to optimize those maps more.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Not sure about the Xbone but they've made connecting to games worse with each patch. Its so damn slow on PC now.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@handssss said:

@uninspiredcup said:

hopefully it won't take them a month to include things that should've been there on day 1 when it happens.

and a PROPER campaign mode. Sure you can go and say "no one plays COD for the story" but I guarenfucking tee you ANYONE will prefer what COD does to Titanfall. They at least sort of try. It last more than 2 hours and exists as its own thing. Titanfall? Just MP where winning doesn't really matter and all the action means you likely aren't even hearing the "story" happening over the radio.

Hopefully, Titanfall will get an actual campaign for its sequel. It might not, though. Think of how long it took a game in the Battlefield series to get a campaign.

And, yes. you're absolutely right, proper campaigns, even five hour ones, sell.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Krelian-co said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

i know but i thought he was having problems with it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

@Krelian-co said:

@lostrib said:

@Krelian-co said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

i know but i thought he was having problems with it.

my issue is that even with v-sync off the game wont go above 60fps

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@handssss said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Hopefully, Titanfall will get an actual campaign for its sequel. It might not, though. Think of how long it took a game in the Battlefield series to get a campaign.

And, yes. you're absolutely right, proper campaigns, even five hour ones, sell.

i'll be honest. I actually have never managed to beat campaign in a single battlefield game I've played. But these guys were behind every good Call of Duty that existed (though to be fair, I did feel like the first Black Ops was pretty good too) so I think they can make an entertaining enough campaign mode. Especially in this interesting universe that they've created. It's a waste to have it told in the poor form it currently is.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Not sure about the Xbone but they've made connecting to games worse with each patch. Its so damn slow on PC now.

Heh, I actually managed to get a campaign match going after that patch.

#TitanfallPatch4King

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

The idea that because most people are playing multiplayer, the single player is accepted as shit and short derived from the inferiority of console gaming.

As an older gamer, I remember Halflife, Halflife 2 and The Orange Box (very old game). Even recent titles like Portal 2 from Valve deliver unique and thrilling SP and MP.

Titanfall just isn't very good.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34 Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

The idea that because most people are playing multiplayer, the single player is accepted as shit and short derived from the inferiority of console gaming.

As an older gamer, I remember Halflife, Halflife 2 and The Orange Box (very old game). Even recent titles like Portal 2 from Valve deliver unique and thrilling SP and MP.

You sound like you have some sort of superiority complex. You might want to get that checked out. Why even post in a thread if you don't like the subject of discussion?

Im glad to see some commitment from this new studio to support their product after release. I just want to see how long this last. Their work has been impressive for a startup with a vendetta.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Constantly says he's "old" has SR3 Icon LOL

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This is great news! Now I just need time to play it!

I think there should be a re-review of this game. 10/10.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 uninspiredcup  Online

@Animal-Mother said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Constantly says he's "old" has SR3 Icon LOL

Great mature game designed for adults.