Titanfall looks alright, but lets not act like...

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Lambent7"] Pretty much what this guy said. Titanfall is all flash and no substance. BF4 has both and then some.Lambent7

How is it all flash, when its clear they are focusing more on gameplay and balance than they are pretty graphics.

Also, since when did having non destructable environments automatically equal bad? Battlefield 3 has barely any destructable assets except for a few walls here and there, yet the game is still awesome.

When I talking about "flash" I'm talking about stuff like just the gameplay elements in general. I feel like the game is trying to hard persay to be different with assets that aren't different in the first place. I think it will be a fun game, but I feel it will indeed get boring fast...and in the end this game will end up being treated like bulletstrom did. It feels cookie-cutter with some extra additions and doesn't seem to have enough in its back end to keep me interested in the long term. If it means anything I get the same feeling from the new Killzone as well. As for BF3, I just like the way the game feels. I can't really describe it, but when I play BF3 you really get a sense that you are immersed in the game. I get that feeling still by just watching game play. I don't get that with Titanfall...its like a game you rent for a few weeks and return it after you gotten enough out of it. Like a cheesy action flick you watch at the movies, but could have waited on DVD for.

You've played TitanFall?

The difference between this and Killzone is that Killzone has never been good. KZ2 was fun online for a week, but it got boring. KZ3 just LOL.

Whereas these guys developing TitanFall created CoD2 with its awesome online, CoD4MW which was a gamechanger in online multiplayer. They create games that do keep people interested. 6 years on, and CoD is still the most played online multiplayer game, and its all based on the foundation these guys created.

Yeah, I do think they're trying something different, is that a bad thing now? They're creating something even faster than CoD, with interesting weapons, large scale maps, AI characters and story elements weaved in through the multiplayer.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

TitanFall has large enviroments. Loads of tall buildings to scale, and space to accomodate Titans. See those huge warships flying over the map? You can even get yourself on one of those and try and take it out.

The Titans are not vehicles. They are exoskeletons that are available to every player. You can't jump in another persons Titan, so its not the same as just vehicles on a map.

And no, nothing like TitanFall has been done before. You can list 10 games that do aspects of what TitanFall does, but you can't list one that does it all.

Try harder :cool:

RR360DD

non destructible environments, static lighting, poor physics, terrible facial animations(remember the girl in the pink with the blocky face LOL) struggles to run a Source Engine game at 60 fps etc etc

Poor physics? talking out your ass

Don't care about facial animations, its an online multiplayer game. Not some superficial Killzone clone that only garners attention through flashy graphics LOL

Also, E3 demo was a steady 100% 60FPS :cool:

Exactly. COWS are just randomly pulling statements out of their asses. Personally, I was blown away by Titanfall. It looked amazing. I'm glad the devs didn't focus on "facial animations" when they're going to deliver a unique gameplay experience. :)
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] non destructible environments, static lighting, poor physics, terrible facial animations(remember the girl in the pink with the blocky face LOL) struggles to run a Source Engine game at 60 fps etc etc XboxStache

Don't care about facial animations, its an online multiplayer game. Not some superficial Killzone clone that only garners attention through flashy graphics LOL

Exactly. COWS are just randomly pulling statements out of their asses. Personally, I was blown away by Titanfall. It looked amazing. I'm glad the devs didn't focus on "facial animations" when they're going to deliver a unique gameplay experience. :)

E3 demo was running on a PC :lol:
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RR360DD
[QUOTE="XboxStache"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

MonsieurX

Not proven. Either way, it doesn't matter. Its a source engine game, of course it will run sweet on the XOne.
Lambent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Lambent7
Member since 2008 • 926 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Faster doesn't mean better, and I rather having nothing COD related honestly. If they really wanted to reinvent the wheel they should have tried a different direction. Instead the game will just end up like every other COD with mechs.
with interesting weaponsRR360DD
Guns that shoot bullets pew pew pew.
large scale mapsRR360DD
From what I seen this is not the case. When I see TitanFall gameplay that has a Caspian Border or pretty much any of the Amored Kill Maps from Bf3 then then start talking. Just "a bit bigger than your average large COD map" isn't good enough honestly.
AI characters and story elements weaved in through the multiplayer.RR360DD
Yet again this isn't anything new. I'm sure games like Destiny and The Division will do this better since they are actually large scale MMOs. TF will more than likely play out the same kind of scenes over and over again. Its and interesting concept though and hopefully they find a way to make things different each time, but I doubt it when he game is built around a COD like atmosphere. ~~~ Its not like I wan't the game to fail per-say since it has the people that made the the good CODs back then. I would like nothing better for them to stick a knife up IF ass, but so far they are doing it the wrong way. They should have gone fore something brand new in both game feel and environment, but most people who watched vids of the game know exactly where its inspired from already and it will be their fatal mistake. There are games announced that already trump it in premise, i don't need to play it to figure that out.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Seems like it'll be good fun. Should look and play nice on a good PC.

Lambent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Lambent7

Seems like it'll be good fun. Should look and play nice on a good PC.

Doom_HellKnight
I'ma get on PC as well when it comes out.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
I lost interest in system wars entirely since this game is now its mascot.... casual beyond. mindless multiplayer game that will probably be less played than Destiny and BF4. The gameplay wasn't even THAT impressive, it looks like so B*astard child of CoD and old Arena shooters... with mechs. That sounds great, except the CoD being the father bit.... that mindless little crapfest which will mean this will be the same. I think my SW addition is wayning finally.... too much casual hypefest garbage talk on here.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Guns that shoot bullets pew pew pew. [QUOTE="RR360DD"]large scale mapsLambent7
From what I seen this is not the case. when I see TitanFall gameplay that has a Caspian Border or pretty much any of the Amored Kill Maps from Bf3 then then start talking.
AI characters and story elements weaved in through the multiplayer.RR360DD
Yet again this isn't anything new. I'm sure games like Destiny and The Division will do this better since they are actually large sale MMOs. TF will more than likely play out the same kind of scenes over and over again. Its and interesting concept though and hopefully they find a way to make things different each time but I doubt it when he game is built around a COD like atmosphere.

I didn't say faster equaled better, I said they are developing something even faster. Thats the direction they are taking this game. And no, your ignorance is astounding. The only aspects this shares with CoD is maybe some UI elements like the mini map.

Interesting weapons such as the ability to stop bullets in their path, turn them around and fire them back. Electricity guns. Smart pistols that have the ability to lock onto multiple pilots heads. Data knifes that you can use to hack AI's into joining you.

They are large scale. Not as large as the Battlefield maps because this isn't that sort of game. This is 7 v 7 at the minute, not 32 v 32. But large in the sense that they accomodate Titans as well as pilots. The levels are very vertical too as pilots are extremely agile. The huge warships floating above are part of the map as well. You can get on them and take them out. Just because the maps arent as big a caspain border doesn't make them bad. Thats as stupid an argument as people who think having more players equals a better game.

Destiny and the Division are like your bog standard single player games that are set in large open worlds, but now online. They are predominantly co-op based with some PvP elements. Absolutely nothing like Battlefield or TitanFall, which are pure competitive multiplayer. So why did you bring them up?

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

xkik.jpg

You were saying? :cool:

RR360DD

"Best PC Game"

Yup.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

TitanFall has large enviroments. Loads of tall buildings to scale, and space to accomodate Titans. See those huge warships flying over the map? You can even get yourself on one of those and try and take it out.

The Titans are not vehicles. They are exoskeletons that are available to every player. You can't jump in another persons Titan, so its not the same as just vehicles on a map.

And no, nothing like TitanFall has been done before. You can list 10 games that do aspects of what TitanFall does, but you can't list one that does it all.

RR360DD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrzhMt17kU

Lambent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Lambent7
[QUOTE="RR360DD"] Oh gawd if that all you can see in terms of similarities between COD and TF...then dude there nooo point in talking with someone like you. Obviously blind in all regard.
Interesting weapons such as the ability to stop bullets in their path, turn them around and fire them back. Electricity guns. Smart pistols that have the ability to lock onto multiple pilots heads. Data knifes that you can use to hack AI's into joining you.RR360DD
Data Knives are probably the coolest things that you mentioned, but the concept still isn't anything special or different. Apart from that nothing new really to the point it should be praised over other games. At this point actually good gun variety should be a standard instead of something people hope for. I don't know why this is something that's strongly separates it from other games.
They are large scale. Not as large as the Battlefield maps because this isn't that sort of game. This is 7 v 7 at the minute, not 32 v 32. But large in the sense that they accommodate Titans as well as pilots. The levels are very vertical too as pilots are extremely agile. The huge warships floating above are part of the map as well. You can get on them and take them out. Just because the maps aren't as big a caspain border doesn't make them bad. Thats as stupid an argument as people who think having more players equals a better game.RR360DD
7 v 7...man I did not know that...that's even less than standard COD...I consider that a step back honestly. More players doesn't always mean a better game, but when it does it well it is a better game for itself. I don't know why they would skimp on that.
Destiny and the Division are like your bog standard single player games that are set in large open worlds, but now online. They are predominantly co-op based with some PvP elements. Absolutely nothing like Battlefield or TitanFall, which are pure competitive multiplayer. So why did you bring them up?RR360DD
If you think Destiny and The Division are bog standard game then that's totally your opinion, but it conflicts when you say TF shouldn't count. Its just ass bad if you view from that kind of mentality, maybe worse. I bring it up because from the looks of it TF is trying to do that same thing but in a more abstract way that can come off offputting by including story in the multiplayer action. It is trying to be a Large Scale MMO without being one...its like seeing a game suffering from identity crisis.
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 XboxStache

MonsieurX

Were you there? Or are you another COW pulling a statement out it's ass? Here's a fact, Titanfall looked so amazing at E3 and already has a record given awards...imagine when it's done. Still mad over that lackluster Sony conference? 

Lambent7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lambent7

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

dvalo9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unrzhMt17kU

ohsnap.gif

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

xkik.jpg

You were saying? :cool:

SchnabbleTab

"Best PC Game"

Yup.

Whoever these critics are, they sure have low standards :lol:. Best PC game???? :lol:

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="XboxStache"] Exactly. COWS are just randomly pulling statements out of their asses. Personally, I was blown away by Titanfall. It looked amazing. I'm glad the devs didn't focus on "facial animations" when they're going to deliver a unique gameplay experience. :) XboxStache

Were you there? Or are you another COW pulling a statement out it's ass? Here's a fact, Titanfall looked so amazing at E3 and already has a record given awards...imagine when it's done. Still mad over that lackluster Sony conference? 

Monsieur is far from a cow, you're just another idot alt lem account plaguing gamespot.
xmanfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 xmanfan91
Member since 2012 • 481 Posts

If I was an X1 fan I wouldn't brag to much about Titanfall. There's a posbility that it can come to the PS4. Its not even being published by MS studios but EA. Remember what happened to ME 2? All I'm saying is you X1 fans shouldn't brag to much about it as an exclusive...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

and yet people didnt even care about it, didnt even make it to the finalls

mqki.png

BlackShirt20

sweet! Watch Dogs won viewers choice! Watch Dog Developers say the best platform to play it is on a Xbox One.

So we get the best critics choice all to ourselves and the better version of Watch Dogs!

and that is why they showed it on a PS4 and not a Xbox One right? They want the game to actually look next gen not a semi upgrade from the 360, so thats why they didnt show any gameplay off the Xbox 1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] non destructible environments, static lighting, poor physics, terrible facial animations(remember the girl in the pink with the blocky face LOL) struggles to run a Source Engine game at 60 fps etc etc XboxStache

how am i pulling statements out my ass? did YOU actually watch the gameplay? Physics looked bad, facial animations and NPC details looked bad, wasnt even running at a steady 60 fps... go watch the video again and come back and talk. the graphical assets of Titanfall are low, static lighting, static backgrounds, poor physics, terrible facial animations and detail... all that relates to next gen
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Since when did E3 awards really matter? Last time I checked "The Last Flop" as you say got similar awards and it still "flopped" in your eyes right. Lets not kid ourselves here.Lambent7

They dont matter.

Its about advertising dollars. Titanfall is a huge advertising juggernaut, no magazine or website wants to miss out on huge advertising dollars because that is what keeps them in business. Microsoft and EA are backing this game, that means there will be a lot of money thrown around to advertise it and gaming publications are in business to make money.

Its obvious microsofts money affects opinions because the developers themselves even went as far as to discredit their own PC version in favor of the xb1 version. That only shows respawn was bought by microsoft if they are willing to say their PC version is inferior.

I tend to not worry about what people who do reviews and are paid primarily by the very people who make those games. Hell hudson hawk was a horribly rated movie back in its day but I still watch it sometimes even now because I think its a fun movie and it makes me laugh, I dont really care what anyone else thinks.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

RR360DD

you pretty much just described Planet Side 2, free to play launch game on PS4

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
It looks alright for current gen standards, ultimate ugliness for next gen standards
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29834 Posts
[QUOTE="Lambent7"]Its going to do better than BF4 in terms of multiplier quality and delivery. Also its seems that the "Arcadey" (ala COD) feel in games is starting to get more and more outdated as the years go by. I believe openworld and rich environments will be the next standard in a few years and I'm pretty spoiled by the large environments of BF3 on PC. In terms of vehicles, all you get in Titanfall is a mech, but in Bf4 there a large number of vehicles you can pilot instead just being limited to one thing. Btw before people say that TitanFall is doing "new things" they really aren't stuff that is in Titanfall has already been done long before the game was even mentioned...Titanfall is just as original and Bf4 is as a FPS. As for the whole futuristic setting I think Destiny will be doing it much better...but that's just me.

Okay.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

not sure if xbox 360 version or what...?

image_titanfall-22359-2742_0011.jpg

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 XboxStache

xboxiphoneps3

how am i pulling statements out my ass? did YOU actually watch the gameplay? Physics looked bad, facial animations and NPC details looked bad, wasnt even running at a steady 60 fps... go watch the video again and come back and talk. the graphical assets of Titanfall are low, static lighting, static backgrounds, poor physics, terrible facial animations and detail... all that relates to next gen

I'm sorry, were you looking at the finished product? Titanfall's actually out?! This is news. I better go to Gamestop.
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 XboxStache
[QUOTE="XboxStache"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] E3 demo was running on a PC :lol:Granny_Spanked

Monsieur is far from a cow, you're just another idot alt lem account plaguing gamespot.

Well...you'd know your boyfriend better than I...amirite?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 RR360DD

Oh gawd if that all you can see in terms of similarities between COD and TF...then dude there nooo point in talking with someone like you. Obviously blind in all regard. Data Knives are probably the coolest things that you mentioned, but the concept still isn't anything special or different. Apart from that nothing new really to the point it should be praised over other games. At this point actually good gun variety should be a standard instead of something people hope for. I don't know why this is something that's strongly separates it from other games. [QUOTE="RR360DD"]They are large scale. Not as large as the Battlefield maps because this isn't that sort of game. This is 7 v 7 at the minute, not 32 v 32. But large in the sense that they accommodate Titans as well as pilots. The levels are very vertical too as pilots are extremely agile. The huge warships floating above are part of the map as well. You can get on them and take them out. Just because the maps aren't as big a caspain border doesn't make them bad. Thats as stupid an argument as people who think having more players equals a better game.Lambent7
7 v 7...man I did not know that...that's even less than standard COD...I consider that a step back honestly. More players doesn't always mean a better game, but when it does it well it is a better game for itself. I don't know why they would skimp on that.
Destiny and the Division are like your bog standard single player games that are set in large open worlds, but now online. They are predominantly co-op based with some PvP elements. Absolutely nothing like Battlefield or TitanFall, which are pure competitive multiplayer. So why did you bring them up?RR360DD
If you think Destiny and The Division are bog standard game then that's totally your opinion, but it conflicts when you say TF shouldn't count. Its just ass bad if you view from that kind of mentality, maybe worse. I bring it up because from the looks of it TF is trying to do that same thing but in a more abstract way that can come off offputting by including story in the multiplayer action. It is trying to be a Large Scale MMO without being one...its like seeing a game suffering from identity crisis.

Okay, go tell me the similarities between TitanFall and CoD. And nothing stupid like they both have guns or they're both multiplayer. I want justification for people calling it a CoD clone.

I mentioned those guns to show this isn't just another military shooter with real guns like some have claimed. Yeah, it still has pistols, SMGs, Assasult Rifles etc. but this is a sci-fi title and there is futuristic weaponry in there too. I'm not saying it separates it from other titles, I'm saying it separates it from CoD!

Yeah I know its less. In an interview with Respawn, they said they've had all kinds of numbers playing it. At the minute they've settled on 7 v 7 because it feels right and balanced. Bearing in mind there is AI on the maps as well. I love Battlefield games, I still play 3 daily but some of the most fun I've ever had online was in double team in Halo 2, and thats 2 v 2. So i'm not about to fall for this more players is better crap. If a game is well designed around 4 v 4 or 7 v 7 or whatever, its just as fun as a game well designed around 32 v 32. It doesn't take anything away from the game.

And thats not what I meant when I said bog standard. I meant they are open world single player games but now online and connected that you play with friends. Like Borderlands 2, but with more ambitious online plans. I'm really looking forward to Destiny, but I still don't know why you brought it up because its nothing like Battlefield or TitanFall. TitanFall is a competitive multiplayer game. Its not trying to be a large scale MMO at all, so I don't know where you are getting those vibes.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="BlackShirt20"]sweet! Watch Dogs won viewers choice! Watch Dog Developers say the best platform to play it is on a Xbox One.

So we get the best critics choice all to ourselves and the better version of Watch Dogs!

Krelian-co

and that is why they showed it on a PS4 and not a Xbox One right? They want the game to actually look next gen not a semi upgrade from the 360, so thats why they didnt show any gameplay off the Xbox 1

you know lem logic, da cloud, 20 xbox one of power, it will make better graphics dan 2 titan on sli!! :lol:

i wonder how are they so dumb to think that with their gimped hardware they will have the better version, xbone is the weaker of the 3 systems it will be released.

If they are right, that would mean their Internet is faster than the federal governments.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] and that is why they showed it on a PS4 and not a Xbox One right? They want the game to actually look next gen not a semi upgrade from the 360, so thats why they didnt show any gameplay off the Xbox 1Murderstyle75

you know lem logic, da cloud, 20 xbox one of power, it will make better graphics dan 2 titan on sli!! :lol:

i wonder how are they so dumb to think that with their gimped hardware they will have the better version, xbone is the weaker of the 3 systems it will be released.

If they are right, that would mean their Internet is faster than the federal governments.

microsoft cant make a decent xbox with decent hardware, only low end parts in it and somehow they think microsoft will be using supercomputers for theh clouddddddd. lem logic :lol:

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 RR360DD

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

microsoft cant make a decent xbox with decent hardware, only low end parts in it and somehow they think microsoft will be using supercomputers for theh clouddddddd. lem logic :lol:

Original Xbox was more reliable than the PS2 :lol: Try harder.

pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

game wouldnt suck as bad if the mechs could actually fly like the pilots so they could fly on top of a building and crush the shit out of the noobs camping on them.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If they are right, that would mean their Internet is faster than the federal governments.RR360DD

While I'm the biggest Original Xbox fanboy in the world, the console had a serious problem that was dusted under the rug. No extended warranty, no free repair, just switched drive manufacturers while always denying there was a problem. Do a search for the Xbox Thomson drive and you will see what I mean.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Murderstyle75

While I'm the biggest Original Xbox fanboy in the world, the console had a serious problem that was dusted under the rug. No extended warranty, no free repair, just switched drive manufacturers while always denying there was a problem. Do a search for the Xbox Thomson drive and you will see what I mean.

No extended warrantly or free repair for the PS2 either, I went through 2 of them.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

No extended warrantly or free repair for the PS2 either, I went through 2 of them.

Not denying that which makes anybody who buys a launch unit of any kind a fool. Don't sugar cost one company being more dependable than the other. Everybody I know with a Thomson Xbox saw them fail including myself. Fortunately for Microsoft, Xbox didnt sell well enough to cause the kind of alarm as RLOD.
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts

Titanflop will be just like Skywardflop, IT IS INEVITABLE!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] While I'm the biggest Original Xbox fanboy in the world, the console had a serious problem that was dusted under the rug. No extended warranty, no free repair, just switched drive manufacturers while always denying there was a problem. Do a search for the Xbox Thomson drive and you will see what I mean.Murderstyle75

Not denying that which makes anybody who buys a launch unit of any kind a fool. Don't sugar cost one company being more dependable than the other. Everybody I know with a Thomson Xbox saw them fail including myself. Fortunately for Microsoft, Xbox didnt sell well enough to cause the kind of alarm as RLOD.

I never bought a PS2 at launch, I bought it with my Xbox and it got the DRE just after a year. I remember because I rang Sony and they told me it was out of warranty and I had to pay to get it repairedl. I'm not sure if my original xbox still works i bought a crystal xbox just because it looks cool and if I ever go back to playing Xbox game I use that one.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] non destructible environments, static lighting, poor physics, terrible facial animations(remember the girl in the pink with the blocky face LOL) struggles to run a Source Engine game at 60 fps etc etc xboxiphoneps3

and it still beat out all those PS4 games, how sad

yeah how sad Microsoft had to pay for all these awards, its a shame a bunch of games at E3 couldnt be judged and played otherwise there wouldnt be no Titanfail threads on here

You and me should start a Knack thread. Create a lot of buzz about how awesome it will be. List all the important things to make lems switch over and see that this game is bigger than TitanFall. I'll start. The game runs at 15 fps in 720p .................. Wait this game sux. I'm going back.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

I never bought a PS2 at launch, I bought it with my Xbox and it got the DRE just after a year. I remember because I rang Sony and they told me it was out of warranty and I had to pay to get it repairedl. I'm not sure if my original xbox still works i bought a crystal xbox just because it looks cool and if I ever go back to playing Xbox game I use that one.

My PS2 died in just over a year and to be honest? I really didnt care because my Xbox blew it out of the water. Then that failed. It played some games so I did the dishonest thing and traded it to Gamestop and bought a brand spanking new one for cheaper than M$ wanted for repairs.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Nothing will have better MP than BF4 :).

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If they are right, that would mean their Internet is faster than the federal governments.RR360DD

and ps3 is more reliable than x360, your point being? this time they used low end parts in the xbone.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Krelian-co

and ps3 is more reliable than x360, your point being? this time they used low end parts in the xbone.

Point being they did make decent hardware.

Owned :cool:

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

as clearly shown by the rrod fiasco, reliable hardware indeed.

i would say owned, but thats like the normal rule in every thread you argue with me, but hey enjoy playing with your low end graphics card, dat underclocked low end 7750 awesomeness :lol:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

is this a x360 in game screen shot? 

image_titanfall-22359-2742_0011.jpg

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Are you going to spam this picture forever?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

AncientDozer

as clearly shown by the rrod fiasco, reliable hardware indeed.

i would say owned, but thats like the normal rule in every thread you argue with me, but hey enjoy playing with your low end graphics card, dat underclocked low end 7750 awesomeness :lol:

The point is THIS - Microsoft can and DOES make reliable equipment. The RROD was an unfortunate anomaly. Why is this relevant? Your entire argument was framed around the notion that Microsoft couldn't when clearly the original Xbox was very rugged and reliable.

nope try harder, my argumnent was around they didnt use decent parts for the console, only low end parts as proved by the low end 7750 underclocked, somehow the village idiot aka rrod360 thought i was talking about reliability and ignored the millions of rrod x360 and came back with a stupid reply. 

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts
I only see Lems hyping this POS. Not even Hermits are hyping it and it they'll get the superior version.  ^ ^ :lol: Looks like COD4 with that PS2 foliage and jaggies everywhere.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

vs

yup... falling skyscrapers are definitely better than jumping on a mech