Titanfall 2 gets 9 on GS

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#101 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Curious have you played the campaign yet? Gamespot is saying this game is best played on Hard, seems odd they have that kind of article on their front page, must be important....I was going to start on Normal but if its too easy I'll go hard from the get go

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#102  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

These guys havenot even made a single player that is longer than 6 hours in thier entire career.

even COD1 was extremely short.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Played about an hour and a half of the campaign last night and one game of MP.

Campaign seems pretty fun, good size areas to run around in and does a good job of teaching you the mechanics. Only planned on doing 20 mins of the campaign before diving into the MP but it kept me playing.

also, PC version runs very well, though that comes as no surprise given that it uses the Source engine.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#104 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: I played it a bit last night. I always play campaigns on the highest difficulty so I don't know if there's a difference.

I personally wish they had made the campaign styled like Battleborn did with missions that tell the story. Seems a better fit than the on rails thing plus it works better for co-op. Plus you can always add more missions to expand it.

Still a bit disappointed how they changed how the Titans operate. In Titanfall 1, the Titans were game changers that took skill to take down. In this game they just feel like disposable power ups or ultimates In a fighting game. Not really feeling the health pick up system.

Campaign does a good job of teaching you the mechanics though. I love most of the guns in Titanfall especially the new laser weapons. A few dont feel 'weighty' enough though like the sniper rifles.

I didn't get too far only got to the point where I fully powered up the Titan and run around in the sewers.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46480 Posts

@sts106mat said:

to continue from the other day, yes, this is the one game that suits my run and gun gameplay.

you will not live long camping on a roof with a sniper rifle in titanfall....oh no.

In my experience, in COD you either get shot in the back or sniped....simple.

It has this fast run and gun gameplay from COD.

But it also has the mobility and weaponry from the old school shooters like UT.

Most games would suck with 10min rounds, but this game pulls it off perfectly. In 10 minutes you'll have been a pilot several times and a titan several times.

It's pretty great !

@Alucard_Prime said:

@R4gn4r0k: Curious have you played the campaign yet? Gamespot is saying this game is best played on Hard, seems odd they have that kind of article on their front page, must be important....I was going to start on Normal but if its too easy I'll go hard from the get go

@ghosts4ever said:

so hows campaign? thats what i care about.

Can't say yet.

I'm only going to do the campaign when I'm tired of MP for a bit. But as of right now it's very addicting to try out all the game modes, pilot variations and titan variations :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#106 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

I'm quite liking the campaign. As in, it's kinda what this game could use. It's incredibly fun when you mix the whole Titan-Pilot gameplay. Yeah, the multiplayer has this, but it feels more 1vs1, as opposed to single player where you can feel pretty badass due to the AI not being on the same level.

You die pretty fast though, it plays with the whole "stay in motion" much like Doom does. But it's fun. It's fun taking that fight to the AI. Honestly, I didn't expect this to be as satisfying as it is now. It's cool. Good on them.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46480 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

Played about an hour and a half of the campaign last night and one game of MP.

Campaign seems pretty fun, good size areas to run around in and does a good job of teaching you the mechanics. Only planned on doing 20 mins of the campaign before diving into the MP but it kept me playing.

also, PC version runs very well, though that comes as no surprise given that it uses the Source engine.

I was a bit worried with no PC beta and lack of PC review copies (only saw one review that did the SP for PC, MP for consoles)

But I was pleasantly surprised to see the game run really well.

The game even has ultrawidescreen support, I'm super happy :D

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Played some MPlayer today. Way out of practice but I like the feel of TF2. It is oh so smooth.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Alucard_Prime

@oflow: Cool thanks, I like my games challenging but over the years I've noticed not all games do the hard difficulty correctly(it sometimes crosses into frustrating territory), but I think hard should be fine for this game to start and I remember from playing earlier it allows you to switch difficulty on the fly, so I could always downgrade.

No offense to Gamespot but if they say the game is better played on hard, no way I'm playing it on normal lol...if they can do it on hard, I'll step up to the plate for sure.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

From the first few minutes of the SP campaign it looked like a generic shooter. Granted I most likely didn't watch enough of it but can anyone explain and describe how and in what capacity it (assuming) it gets better?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#111 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24988 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I'm quite liking the campaign. As in, it's kinda what this game could use. It's incredibly fun when you mix the whole Titan-Pilot gameplay. Yeah, the multiplayer has this, but it feels more 1vs1, as opposed to single player where you can feel pretty badass due to the AI not being on the same level.

You die pretty fast though, it plays with the whole "stay in motion" much like Doom does. But it's fun. It's fun taking that fight to the AI. Honestly, I didn't expect this to be as satisfying as it is now. It's cool. Good on them.

While watching some gameplay videos. game looks incredibly easy with regen health. is it true?

I dont see its fast paced like Doom.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Alucard_Prime

Hard seems good enough for me. I've died a few times already, there is a little wallrunning and falling into bottomless pits scenarios. It only takes a few shots to take you out. I want the highest "normal" kind of difficulty, and the last one MAster seems a little cheap where many things can 1 hit KO you apparently. Oh well, to each his own, I think I will stick with hard for now. Campaign is pretty cool so far.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

God this game plays so freakin good but there are so many stupid design decisions that hold it back. It still plays great but the presentation and immersion in multiplayer has taken a major hit. A lot for the changes feel like Respawn trying to fix problems that didn't exist.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Finished the campaign this morning... one of the best FPS campaigns I've played since Wolfenstein TNO. Really enjoyed it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#115 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

God this game plays so freakin good but there are so many stupid design decisions that hold it back. It still plays great but the presentation and immersion in multiplayer has taken a major hit. A lot for the changes feel like Respawn trying to fix problems that didn't exist.

My beef is that the maps aren't anywhere near as good as the ones in the first game. To be fair that first game had a genuine excellent selection of maps, so it was a pretty high bar to match up too, but bleh.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#116  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

The first one got a 9 as well. I'll try this out when EA demos it on the PC.

Yeah PC gamers got burned by Titanfall 1. TiF2 has about 10% of BF1 player numbers on PC.

I wonder if it's actually good this time or has the same issues.

Also... Worst release window ever? I just got Civ 6 and BF1... If I get it it'll be closer to the end of the year.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

This campaign is NUTS! This is easily the best shooter campaign I've ever played. The MP is great as well. I was hyped for this game but even I didn't expect this. Now I wish I didn't preorder COD or buy that damn Destiny expansion. I may never play those!

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Crash Site is one of the worst multiplayer maps in the history of gaming. Everything about it is the exact opposite of what you want from a titanfall map.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#119 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@jg4xchamp: Crash Site is one of the worst multiplayer maps in the history of gaming. Everything about it is the exact opposite of what you want from a titanfall map.

RIGHT? At first I was looking at it and thinking it was pretty, and then I was half way through a match of attrition and thinking man, I've done nothing but run into bots? The navigation on that map feels off, it's like trying to be Lagoon, but without the interesecting and crossing paths that map had.

I don't like the Titans as classes thing.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

Man the campaign has nailed every cool level design gimmick Dishonored 2 boasted about.

Would be fun to see if Arcane can one-up this.

I'd still rate DOOM SP slightly higher because the core combat loop is done better there.

TF2 SP did a lot of cool stuff with pilot gameplay, but kinda left Titan gameplay behind.

I'm also on board with MP map design compaints atm.

I'm not sure if i just don't know the maps well enough yet, but a lot of them feel like Fracture, which was the worst map in the first game.

@ghosts4ever said:

While watching some gameplay videos. game looks incredibly easy with regen health. is it true?

I dont see its fast paced like Doom.

Does this look slow to you?