This is Why The Wii-U Fails

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@simimanny said:

The sooner sheep can admit the wii u is a pathetic pos, the sooner Nintendo will make a decent system. Until then, they will always be a gen behind.

Keep playing Knack or Ryse. I'll be playing the superior SM3DW. The only thing PS4 and X1 has over Wii U are sales and we don't play that, do we?

LOL and how long do you think you can get milk from that dead cow?...........

Even if SM3DW was better than Ryse and Knack, ..These are X-1 and PS4 launch titles, SM3DW was released over a year later, do you have any clue what games will be around on X-1 and PS4 in a year that NO Wii-U game can touch?

How about these for starters.....Infamous Second Son, TitanFall, The Witcher 3, Deep Down, Halo, Uncharted 4, Destiny...and the list goes on.

So you just enjoy SM3DW, and even your next little Wii-U Zelda game, because netiher one of them will touch the above mentioned PS4 and X-1 games.

How about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Project X, New IP from Pikmin's developer, New IP from Miyamoto, Yoshi's Epic yarn, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Brothers, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and maybe Zelda (which will destroy your list).

And If you're talking about rehashes Halo and Uncharted fall in that category.

Oh, and SM3DW is indeed better than Knack and Ryse.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#102  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

I've said for years now that Nintendo should stick strictly to handhelds (which they do better than anyone else, hands down) and license their big first party exclusives to Sony and Microsoft.

They'd make a killing that way.

Because let's be honest, if it wasn't for them finding a niche audience with the Wii that appealed to millions of casual gamers and people who otherwise didn't play video games, period...Nintendo probably would've already went the way of the dodo bird when it comes to home consoles.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#103 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

I've said for years now that Nintendo should stick strictly to handhelds (which they do better than anyone else, hands down) and license their big first party exclusives to Sony and Microsoft.

They'd make a killing that way.

Because let's be honest, if it wasn't for them finding a niche audience with the Wii that appealed to millions of casual gamers and people who otherwise didn't play video games, period...Nintendo probably would've already went the way of the dodo bird when it comes to home consoles.

They wouldn't even survive by just sticking to that. It doesn't matter if one makes more money than the other when even the weakest link is just as important. Do you have any idea how bad fans would react if their console business died like you suggested?

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@hiphops_savior said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@Slimmin360 said:

First of all it has nothing to do with all that extra crap that Microsoft and Sony's console can do........I personally never use my console for anything but gaming, i have never watched a movie or streamed anything through my game consoles, i play games and only games on my consoles, and i still wouldn't own a Wii-U.

I bet most people were / are using their PS3 as a bluray player. I certainly do.

So do I, I realized just how boring Sony IPs really are. I've spent more hours on the Wii playing games than on the PS3, and I realized I enjoyed Nintendo games far more than Sony games.

And this is why I'm not planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon.

Sorry i just don't believe a word of it, you can't sit here and tell me that Zelda TP or Zelda SS, Even the Mario Galaxys or Kirbys of the Wii library, compare in the least to PS3's God of Wars, Uncharteds, Ratchet & Clanks, Killzones, Resistance, Motorstorms,..multiplats like, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, or 5, Diablo 3.

NO WAY do any Wii or Wii-U titles for that matter touch any of the PS3 and multiplats titles listed here............NO WAY.

He was obviously trolling, but as a matter of fact, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime Corruption and Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 are tough games to match. PS3 has obviously much more great games than Wii has, but only very few are up there with those Wii games mentioned (Metal Gear Solid 4 and Demon's Souls comes to mind). And this is a cow saying that.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

More games for kids.

It doesnt take much to run a cartoon esque and fun game, the most basic thing for that is 1080p and 60fps.. Nothing to gloat about.

Not only is it suffering by not having better games and developers (Frostbite, Unreal 4 engines etc) working on the Wii:U but it does also make a crappy home media console and online.

Wii:U had 1 Year of release and people are comparing it to launch games.

Casuals, Developers and Gamers have turned their back towards the Wii U.

So much for the sales for Wii.

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By the-lone-gamer
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@simimanny said:

The sooner sheep can admit the wii u is a pathetic pos, the sooner Nintendo will make a decent system. Until then, they will always be a gen behind.

Keep playing Knack or Ryse. I'll be playing the superior SM3DW. The only thing PS4 and X1 has over Wii U are sales and we don't play that, do we?

LOL and how long do you think you can get milk from that dead cow?...........

Even if SM3DW was better than Ryse and Knack, ..These are X-1 and PS4 launch titles, SM3DW was released over a year later, do you have any clue what games will be around on X-1 and PS4 in a year that NO Wii-U game can touch?

How about these for starters.....Infamous Second Son, TitanFall, The Witcher 3, Deep Down, Halo, Uncharted 4, Destiny...and the list goes on.

So you just enjoy SM3DW, and even your next little Wii-U Zelda game, because netiher one of them will touch the above mentioned PS4 and X-1 games.

dont bother bro he doesnt care about those types of games you mentioned. trust me, you can tell alot about Users here just by looking at their sig/avatar..

and going by his Avatar leads me to believe he's a man child Weaboo that enjoys kiddy games with lots of crayola colors and simplistic gameplay, and also loves to watch 13 year school girls in skimpy clothing anime.

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

With PC gaming at the forefront of this next-generation era, the WiiU is the only console that can truly complement a PC gamer. The PS4 and XBO are now, more than ever, akin to a gaming PC: Nintendo trumps both in terms of offering PC gamers a gameplay experience that cannot be replicated on either next-gen console.

I'm getting a WiiU: I'm not so sure on a PS4 and XBO. Nintendo has and will always have a place in the games industry: without them to keep pressure on Sony and Microsoft, we would be faced by an oligopoly with less needs addressed to consumers, and more needs addressed to shareholders.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@Brainhunter said:

With PC gaming at the forefront of this next-generation era, the WiiU is the only console that can truly complement a PC gamer. The PS4 and XBO are now, more than ever, akin to a gaming PC: Nintendo trumps both in terms of offering PC gamers a gameplay experience that cannot be replicated on either next-gen console.

I'm getting a WiiU: I'm not so sure on a PS4 and XBO. Nintendo has and will always have a place in the games industry: without them to keep pressure on Sony and Microsoft, we would be faced by an oligopoly with less needs addressed to consumers, and more needs addressed to shareholders.

Nintendo admitted that they dont compete with Sony or Microsoft, they just kind of do their own thing and hope that their IPs are strong enough to carry that platform, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Sony and Microsoft give us the competition we need, PC is a bonus.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#109 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

@Brainhunter said:

Nintendo admitted that they dont compete with Sony or Microsoft, they just kind of do their own thing and hope that their IPs are strong enough to carry that platform, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Which is just Nintendo being a bit delusional. They ARE in competition with Sony and Microsoft and Those companies know it too. They said that stuff during the Wii generation and you know what happened? Kinect and Move happened.

Nintendo is in Competition with Sony and Microsoft and the sales numbers show.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#110 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

@Brainhunter said:

Which is just Nintendo being a bit delusional. They ARE in competition with Sony and Microsoft and Those companies know it too. They said that stuff during the Wii generation and you know what happened? Kinect and Move happened.

Nintendo is in Competition with Sony and Microsoft and the sales numbers show.

Funny that you mentioned it, Wii U just outsold the PS4 this week according to VGChartz (unreliable as it is, unless proven otherwise, that's what we use for now).

Wii U 52,93431,24920,524111,046
PS4 93,794N/AN/A93,794
Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

@speak_low said:

@hiphops_savior said:

Funny that you mentioned it, Wii U just outsold the PS4 this week according to VGChartz (unreliable as it is, unless proven otherwise, that's what we use for now).

Wii U 52,93431,24920,524111,046
PS4 93,794N/AN/A93,794

LOL those N/A are for the Japan and EU region. Of course it can't sell when it's not out in Japan and just came out yesterday in Europe.

Sheep trying to make the Wii U look better.

The PS4's 93,794 is for North America

The Wii U sold 52,934 in North America this week. Still lost.

And the PS4 has extreme shortages and is sold out until Christmas in many areas (and going for double the price now on eBay).

The Wii U does not have shortages but lots of unsold units just sitting there in stores. Even with the abundant Wii U supply and PS4 shortage, they are still not caring about the Wii U.

Numbers do not lie.

And vgchartz, although frowned upon here and seen as unreliable, actually is within the ball park with their information. Micheal Pachter recently did a video about vgchartz and explained how their data is collected. That video is here.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Needs more games.

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

Do believe there will be alot of casuals out there as well that got into the wii hype years ago and then discovered they hadnt brought a game for it in soooo long. Thinking that wiiu could be same story they staying away