This is Why The Wii-U Fails

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SimiManny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 SimiManny
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

@Slimmin360: Amazing thread. The wii u is garbo and no amount of marios can save it.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

First of all it has nothing to do with all that extra crap that Microsoft and Sony's console can do........I personally never use my console for anything but gaming, i have never watched a movie or streamed anything through my game consoles, i play games and only games on my consoles, and i still wouldn't own a Wii-U.

The Wii-U hardware is a generation behind, if that isn't bad enough, that tablet game pad of theirs only lasts about 3 hours on a full charge, the pro controller they introduced, not only doesn't work with most games, but the Wii-U tablet controller must be powered on to use the pro controller.

Most people don't even know about the Wii U's existance thanks to Nintendo's terrible marketing, even at the 2011 E3 everyone didn't know what to make of their press conference, most thought it was a new tablet controller add on for the Wii, because they never talked about the console itself.

Once again Nintendo's online strategy falls waaayyyyy short of the competition's and it's nowhere near as easy to join games, chat with friends and just play online in a community....it's too complicated.

Put all that together with the lack of 3rd party support of the Wii-U's first year, and that is why it's failing and why it will lose to PS4 and Xbox One, because Nintendo is stubborn and cheap, they made billions from the original Wii and DS hardware, and could've easily put together a console that would have rivaled PS4 and Xbox One, but no they had to try and innovate yet another control scheme, and now it's back firing all over them, they refuse to follow any trend in the gaming market place, they just want to always do their own thing.

Well now it's costing them millions in sales, and no amount of 1st party games is going to save the Wii-U against the PS4 and Xbox One.

I agree with a lot of what you said and I like Nintendo. The marketing was non existent in the beginning and the online I keep hearing is not as good as the others.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 babycakin

@MonsieurX said:

@AtariKidX said:

WiiU is a failure.You can buy a PS3 a lot cheaper with a lot better and cheaper games and with a lot better online.

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii eww.....lol

Same could be said about the PS4 and X1

lol

Atari is such an idiot lol.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

This is why it doesn't: games

and glaring lack of 3rd party support.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

Wii U sucks, we know.

Sadly Nintendo fanboys don't know, there just sheep that follow a company because of 1st party game releases, regardless of hardware specs and performance.

Then they argue that they have the more fun and unique choices of games..Okay well where are they, after Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and Pokemon. What exactly do you have ? Is that the extent of all your special, unique games.

What is so great, that you would spend more on a Wii-U instead of getting a PS3 or 360 with better games and online for less?

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Slimmin360

@babycakin said:

@Slimmin360 said:

First of all it has nothing to do with all that extra crap that Microsoft and Sony's console can do........I personally never use my console for anything but gaming, i have never watched a movie or streamed anything through my game consoles, i play games and only games on my consoles, and i still wouldn't own a Wii-U.

The Wii-U hardware is a generation behind, if that isn't bad enough, that tablet game pad of theirs only lasts about 3 hours on a full charge, the pro controller they introduced, not only doesn't work with most games, but the Wii-U tablet controller must be powered on to use the pro controller.

Most people don't even know about the Wii U's existance thanks to Nintendo's terrible marketing, even at the 2011 E3 everyone didn't know what to make of their press conference, most thought it was a new tablet controller add on for the Wii, because they never talked about the console itself.

Once again Nintendo's online strategy falls waaayyyyy short of the competition's and it's nowhere near as easy to join games, chat with friends and just play online in a community....it's too complicated.

Put all that together with the lack of 3rd party support of the Wii-U's first year, and that is why it's failing and why it will lose to PS4 and Xbox One, because Nintendo is stubborn and cheap, they made billions from the original Wii and DS hardware, and could've easily put together a console that would have rivaled PS4 and Xbox One, but no they had to try and innovate yet another control scheme, and now it's back firing all over them, they refuse to follow any trend in the gaming market place, they just want to always do their own thing.

Well now it's costing them millions in sales, and no amount of 1st party games is going to save the Wii-U against the PS4 and Xbox One.

I agree with a lot of what you said and I like Nintendo. The marketing was non existent in the beginning and the online I keep hearing is not as good as the others.

And believe it or not i love Nintendo, i really do, but there out right stubbornes to be unique and innovative, while just trying to please the casual gamer and ignore the hardcore by making crappy hardware and poor user interface, especially for online is just a smack in the face to people who once gave them their loyalty and their money.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@AtariKidX said:

WiiU is a failure.You can buy a PS3 a lot cheaper with a lot better and cheaper games and with a lot better online.

lol

PS4/XBone are true next gen console and they have better online and better graphics.Wii eww is it not a next gen console......it is just a weaker XBOX360 after 7 years.lol

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

"This is why the WiiU Fails"

"It's not Graphically Powerful enough for my Needs!!!"

-Sincerely Every Gamer who doesn't play Nintendo.

Lol. Spouting the same lie for two generations won't make it true.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#59 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@locopatho said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

If it was lie then people would buy a WiiU and wouldn't be saying things like "Oh man look at the Graphics on Killzone/Ryse!"

One of the biggest complaints about WiiU is how it's not more Graphically intense than the PS3 or Xbox 360.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 locopatho

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

If it was lie then people would buy a WiiU and wouldn't be saying things like "Oh man look at the Graphics on Killzone/Ryse!"

One of the biggest complaints about WiiU is how it's not more Graphically intense than the PS3 or Xbox 360.

The complaints about Wii and WiiU have NEVER been "just graphics" and you know damn well that is the case.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#61  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@locopatho said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

The complaints about Wii and WiiU have NEVER been "just graphics" and you know damn well that is the case.

You're right, but graphics is a big part of it. Some people seem almost pissed at the fact that Wii/Wii U are not powerhouses, which is silly to me. There are two other consoles with suped up graphics if that's what you want. There's no need to be mad about the fact that one system of the three is underpowered.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I think Nintendo should focus all of their effort into one area. Get rid of their online offerings, and have the Wii U be their last console.

Make a handheld that is cheap and easy to develop for, and make it possible to hook up to a TV. If there's one thing Nintendo has proven, it's that they're simply unable (through incompetence, or stubbornness) to do everything they are trying sufficiently. So scratch everything and simply make a core handheld that does gaming only and nothing more.

Nintendo says they consider their products to be toys. So they should damn well make one. If having only a handheld meant Nintendo would stop being so safe, conservative, and redundant with their efforts, I would buy it day one. Obviously 9 billion in the bank is simply not enough to ensure against risks these days.

Better to have a company do one thing extremely well than one that tries everything else and is half-assed at it in so many ways. Just make a handheld and call it a day Iwata.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 locopatho

If people only cared about graphics then why is the PS2 almost universally considered the greatest console of all time? When it was weaker than Xbox and Gamecube?

Weak graphics is but one among many, many things wrong with Wii and WiiU. It's just easier for sheep to invent a simple complaint and refute that, rather than actually address the real issues.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By GreySeal9

@locopatho said:

If people only cared about graphics then why is the PS2 almost universally considered the greatest console of all time? When it was weaker than Xbox and Gamecube?

Weak graphics is but one among many, many things wrong with Wii and WiiU. It's just easier for sheep to invent a simple complaint and refute that, rather than actually address the real issues.

I didn't say people only cared about graphics, but it's probably the biggest gripe people have with the Wii. Well, maybe motion controls/tablet controller is just as big a gripe.

The PS2 example is not particularly apt because its graphics were not a whole generation behind the Xbox and Gamecube's whereas you could argue that the Wii/Wii U's graphics are a generation behind.

And my response to that is "so what?"

Honestly, I think the graphics/motion control/tablet controller complaints are pretty misguided. Shitty third party support/weak online are the legit complaints IMO.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

The name of the Wii U did not help, a lot of people were thinking it was an add on. Second it needs more games, luckily Nintendo already said they making more teams to make more games at one time. Sadly that impact may not be felt during the WIi U lifetime.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

Well, if Wii U never turns around they might as well just stick to their handheld consoles where their having more success.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Slimmin360: Eh....when I game I don't want to be chatting. I want to be immersed in the game world. And I don't really like multi player games. I like single player. I deal with people all day. I want some time away.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

@MonsieurX said:

@AtariKidX said:

lol

PS4/XBone are true next gen console and they have better online and better graphics.Wii eww is it not a next gen console......it is just a weaker XBOX360 after 7 years.lol

Online is exactly the same on both console,except that you need to pay for PSN+ on PS4.

But library of games on PS3>both

So would you even consider the PS4?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Slimmin360: Eh....when I game I don't want to be chatting. I want to be immersed in the game world. And I don't really like multi player games. I like single player. I deal with people all day. I want some time away.

lol this. I almost bought FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on sale, but then I remembered how much I despise most online gamers.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LegatoSkyheart

@GreySeal9 said:

@locopatho said:

I didn't say people only cared about graphics, but it's probably the biggest gripe people have with the Wii. Well, maybe motion controls/tablet controller is just as big a gripe.

The PS2 example is not particularly apt because its graphics were not a whole generation behind the Xbox and Gamecube's whereas you could argue that the Wii/Wii U's graphics are a generation behind.

Honestly, I think the graphics/motion control/tablet controller complaints are pretty misguided. Shitty third party support/weak online are the legit complaints IMO.

Thank you.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:

@locopatho said:

Plus game droughts. Other then that I agree with what you said.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By locopatho

@GreySeal9 said:

@locopatho said:

I'm confused whether you are agreeing with me or not... Wii and Wii's last gen graphics are lesser problems compared to the game droughts, third party support, etc.... so why is he pretending that graphics are the only issue?

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Wii U fails because of price.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By locopatho

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@locopatho said:

Thank you.

I have never seen graphics as the biggest gripe, not since early Wii days with PS2 ports up the ass... maybe I'm wrong but I was pretty sure the lack of third party support and "Longest Game Drought In History (tm)" were bigger ones?

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I'll make a list of the Wii U's biggest problems in order.

1.Games-The Wii U had a decent launch lineup but then had a 10+ month drought of nothing, it's pretty obvious that Nintendo wasnt ready for HD development, which is completely unacceptable considering they had 8 years to figure out, their first party was also spread thin trying to dig the 3DS out of the hole that Nintendo put it in at launch.

Management completely failed here.

2.Price-The Wii U would have been great at 250 dollars, but it launched at 350 and wasnt even making a profit. The gamepad is a huge part of this, when Nintendo found out how much this system was going to cost they should have killed off the gamepad in favor of the 360 controller. The gamepad isnt a system seller, but Nintendo is to prideful and didnt want to make a console that was just like the previous gens, they wanted the gamepad to make it different (even though it doesnt). Even their first party barely utilizes it. I'm not saying that it isnt a cool controller (because it is) but it's to expensive. They could have also found different architectures or something to reduce the price of the hardware, even without the gamepad it would still be more expensive than the 360.

Management completely failed here, again this isnt the developers fault.

3.Features- Nintendo seemingly wants the Wii U to be a multimedia machine as well as a gaming console (Tvii is proof of this), but if they want to compete in that market they should have at least put a Blu Ray in it, they arent expensive but i think once again Nintendo is to proud to pay a license fee for Blu Ray. Their online network is also way behind PSN/XBL, they dont even have a unified account system.

Management fails again.

4.Messaging-Is it a gaming console? Is it a multimedia device? Is it a Wii successor? Is it a Wii accessory? If you dont follow gaming closely the Wii U might confuse you.

5.Marketing-Lack of marketing is very apparent, and the advertising i've seen isnt effective, they are trying to make it look like a Wii type console where the whole family is getting together and playing a party game or something, thats not what the Wii U's strength is though, they need to advertise games like Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3, etc etc.

6.Policies-Without a doubt the most anti-consumer of the big 3, they are the only one's that region lock, they are the only one's that dont have a proper unified account system, they are the only one's that dont offer price protection to retailers (thats why their games take years to drop in price instead of months).

Thankfully for Nintendo almost every big franchise in Japan is exclusive to the 3DS, they know how to make handhelds that Japan and children will want.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 LegatoSkyheart

@locopatho said:

I have never seen graphics as the biggest gripe, not since early Wii days with PS2 ports up the ass... maybe I'm wrong but I was pretty sure the lack of third party support and "Longest Game Drought In History (tm)" were bigger ones?

I'm sorry, but where were you when all the articles and forum posts showed up about Wii and WiiU not being Graphically powerful enough to handle Next Gen Games?

It is about power and you know it. If the WiiU had all the functionality the PS4 and Xbox One has (DvD/bluray playback, 500GB out of the box, Traditional Controller no Tablet, and Online Profiles) will 3rd Parties magically start bringing Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect Trilogy, Fallout or Dark Souls 2?

Cause these Third Party developers aren't for the WiiU now, Why should we suddenly expect them later when/If WiiU gets such features.

If it wasn't about Power 3rd Parties should have already put some Titles on the System. Tomb Raider should have been there, Metro should have been there, Crysis 3 should have been there.

Nope they're not because WiiU too weak and not powerful enough.

Why is there such huge demand for PS4 and Xbox One? It isn't because Ryse is such an Incredible game that drips and oozes out innovation. It's because it's pretty. We've seen more than enough Graphics Threads about the game already on here.

If it's not about the Graphics then what is it? WiiU pratically handles everything a PS3 and 360 has so why hasn't it seen more support?

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

let me say this much, specs don't matter on consoles, not now anyway, now that we reached a certain point in technology. The specs on consoles suck, so why are you bashing the wii u for crap specs? Xbox one and ps4 specs also suck really bad.

Maybe you really like nintendo, thats why you made this thread, some sort of reverse psychology?? Either way, nintendo is doing fine, they're the one company that is actually keeping console gaming alive. Even Sony admitted it, the console industry needs nintendo to survive, otherwise alot of people like me would just move over to pc gaming full time. They're the one company that innovates and they don't just make pc clone type games either. In fact they're the only company that makes console games that PC companies clone games from.

Anyways, dont worry about Wii U, i will be buying one this holiday, a few games and a new lcd tv to enjoy them on :D

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Game pad has 4 to 5 hour charge and also I currently use a pro controller as I broke my gamepad so it is false jnformation saying your gamepad needs to be on if using wiiu. I n3ver got past the first several lines so please exduse me for not laughing at the rest of the top

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By locopatho

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@locopatho said:

I'm sorry, but where were you when all the articles and forum posts showed up about Wii and WiiU not being Graphically powerful enough to handle Next Gen Games?

It is about power and you know it. If the WiiU had all the functionality the PS4 and Xbox One has (DvD/bluray playback, 500GB out of the box, Traditional Controller no Tablet, and Online Profiles) will 3rd Parties magically start bringing Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, Grand Theft Auto V, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect Trilogy, Fallout or Dark Souls 2?

Cause these Third Party developers aren't for the WiiU now, Why should we suddenly expect them later when/If WiiU gets such features.

If it wasn't about Power 3rd Parties should have already put some Titles on the System. Tomb Raider should have been there, Metro should have been there, Crysis 3 should have been there.

Nope they're not because WiiU too weak and not powerful enough.

Why is there such huge demand for PS4 and Xbox One? It isn't because Ryse is such an Incredible game that drips and oozes out innovation. It's because it's pretty. We've seen more than enough Graphics Threads about the game already on here.

If it's not about the Graphics then what is it? WiiU pratically handles everything a PS3 and 360 has so why hasn't it seen more support?

I'm sorry, I got lost in that. You appear to contradict yourself by saying "It is about power and you know it." and then almost the opposite "Cause these Third Party developers aren't for the WiiU now, Why should we suddenly expect them later when/If WiiU gets such features."

You are mentioning Xbox 360 titles which the WiiU could easily run as "proof" that it needs more power... um what?

Sorry dude I'm just lost, I don't know what you are trying to say.

The issue is games, as it always was and always will be. Games are why comparatively weak machines like the PS2 and every Nintendo handheld are beloved. Graphics ARE important and DO matter but as your own example of Ryse shows, they aren't everything.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Who cares about graphics when your gameplay (Ryse: Son of QTE) is shit.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

At least it has games.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 babycakin
@Slimmin360 said:

@babycakin said:

@Slimmin360 said:

And believe it or not i love Nintendo, i really do, but there out right stubbornes to be unique and innovative, while just trying to please the casual gamer and ignore the hardcore by making crappy hardware and poor user interface, especially for online is just a smack in the face to people who once gave them their loyalty and their money.

Yes, I am on board with the online. I wish they can just get the fundamentals down, it would make the whole online experience a lot better

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GreySeal9

@locopatho said:

@GreySeal9 said:

@locopatho said:

I'm confused whether you are agreeing with me or not... Wii and Wii's last gen graphics are lesser problems compared to the game droughts, third party support, etc.... so why is he pretending that graphics are the only issue?

I'm disagreeing and agreeing with you, lol. I agree that graphics are not the biggest problem (I don't think it's a problem at all actually), but "ewww Wii/Wii U have shitty graphics" is the complaint I've heard the most.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LegatoSkyheart

@locopatho said:

I'm sorry, I got lost in that. You appear to contradict yourself by saying "It is about power and you know it." and then almost the opposite "Cause these Third Party developers aren't for the WiiU now, Why should we suddenly expect them later when/If WiiU gets such features."

You are mentioning Xbox 360 titles which the WiiU could easily run as "proof" that it needs more power... um what?

Sorry dude I'm just lost, I don't know what you are trying to say.

The issue is games, as it always was and always will be. Games are why comparatively weak machines like the PS2 and every Nintendo handheld are beloved. Graphics ARE important and DO matter but as your own example of Ryse shows, they aren't everything.

If it wasn't about the Graphics then WiiU should have gotten more support than what it's been getting.

Many Developers have already came out and declared the WiiU being too weak to run their games yet go ahead and port the games on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The WiiU could handle the Games the Xbox 360 and PS3 have. Games like Mass Effect 3, Batman Arkham Orgins, and Assassin's Creed tell us this and yet we're seeing poor offerings from 3rd Party.

Yet we look at PS4 and Xbox One and what do we see? The Consoles are flying off the shelves left and right and there's like 1 or 2 games at most for the System at this time.

If it wasn't about the Graphics Nintendo's system should be selling just as well, but One of the Major Selling points for the Xbox One and PS4 right now at this very moment is how much more Graphically capable these systems are.

You're telling me that doesn't matter? Then Why don't you have a WiiU? The WiiU HAS Games, Wonderful 101, Monster Hunter Ultimate, New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, Wii Sports Club, New Super Luigi U, The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD, and Multiplats like, Resident Evil Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3, Assassin's Creed 4, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Call of Duty Black Ops II, Mass Effect 3, Ninja Gaiden 3, Batman Arkham Origins, Darksiders 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut, Need for Speed Most Wanted.

and the System is Backwards compatible so you can play No More Heroes 1&2, Red Steel 2, Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 0 & REmake & 4, Muramasa the Demon Blade, The Last Story, Lost in Shadow, Xenoblade, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Skyward Sword, Kirby Return to Dream Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid Prime 3 or the Trilogy, etc.

From what it looks like the WiiU is clearly a Better looking Machine than the PS4 or Xbox One considering everything I have just listed is PLAYABLE RIGHT NOW for the System and yet...

We got 2 systems that are such HIGH demand that most Preorders haven't been fulfilled and Stores have Withheld their Stocks till Today during the Black Friday Sale and They're not even at a discounted price!

Why are they in Such Demand? (Hurr it's because they're going to get games in the footure eeeeuk!) and Why is that? Graphics it's entirely why I can guarantee that. It was like this Last Gen it's going to be like it this Gen.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

@Aparthide said:

The Wii U is dead. The sooner people accept that the better. It's dead in Japan and it's dead in Europe. America is the only place where it can still shine a little. You have to pretty delusional to think it can win this generation.

I think the Wii U is only dead because there are not games worth buying it for. Honestly if they came out with mario kart and ssb sooner they wouldn't be in the spot they are now. 3ds had a rough start and look at it now.

SimiManny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SimiManny

The sooner sheep can admit the wii u is a pathetic pos, the sooner Nintendo will make a decent system. Until then, they will always be a gen behind.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#88 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@simimanny said:

The sooner sheep can admit the wii u is a pathetic pos, the sooner Nintendo will make a decent system. Until then, they will always be a gen behind.

Keep playing Knack or Ryse. I'll be playing the superior SM3DW. The only thing PS4 and X1 has over Wii U are sales and we don't play that, do we?

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#89 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@93BlackHawk93: Because marketing trumps games.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#91  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

I bet most people were / are using their PS3 as a bluray player. I certainly do.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#92 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@Slimmin360 said:

I bet most people were / are using their PS3 as a bluray player. I certainly do.

So do I, I realized just how boring Sony IPs really are. I've spent more hours on the Wii playing games than on the PS3, and I realized I enjoyed Nintendo games far more than Sony games.

And this is why I'm not planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

@follis12 said:

Good points, but I still disagree. The Wii U will ultimately be the best selling console of this generation. There is not argument about MS and Sony putting out more robust hardware, and having more of the online market, but it didn't matter last time around, and I don't think it will this time.

I have a topic "the winner of this generation" that explains further.

That made my day. Thanks for the laugh

SimiManny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SimiManny

@mjf249: Delusional sheep lol

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#95 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

When I look at it the system I think trys to mix the Wii and DS together because of the touch screen and Motion Controls. Their biggest problem for me is the design I hate the Gamepad just give me a standard controller so we can play our Zelda,Mario etc on them.

Also the name Wii U doesn't help it sounds like an add on console plus the advertising for the system is awful little kids and family in commercials. Sorry just doesn't work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96  Edited By deactivated-5ed92e29dd85a
Member since 2013 • 355 Posts

From what I understand the GameCube was more powerful than the PlayStation 2 and it still had problems. I am interested in seeing what happens with the Wii U, I do wonder if it will end up like the Dreamcast, only that it will last longer than the Dreamcast did; I guess only time will tell.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

@simimanny: Not delusional, all signs point to the Xbox One, and PS4 grabbing majority of the pie. The industry is rather different now than what it was when the Wii launched. There is barely any marketing for the Wii U, and people want a rich online experience. Online multiplayer has really seen an explosive growth on the PS3/X360 since the Wii began to die down.

Barely any 3rd party support, no respectable online services, weak hardware, poor UI(it's slow as hell, and ugly), not to mention it looks like a toy. I left Nintendo after the GameCube, and haven't looked back since. The spotlight is on Microsoft, and Sony. If the Wii U would be anywhere near as successful sales wise, it would have sold more than 3.91 million prior to the launch of the Xbox One, and PS4.

In fact the PS4 will probably overtake the Wii U in sales by mid 2014, guaranteed. Don't think I despise Nintendo, because in reality I grew up on Nintendo and absolutely love the old school games. But Nintendo is stubborn and refuses to adapt to modern times. I am not saying Nintendo is going to exit the console business and be forced to make software. If they want to do their own thing cool, they'll always have a market to cater too.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Slimmin360

@93BlackHawk93 said:

@simimanny said:

Keep playing Knack or Ryse. I'll be playing the superior SM3DW. The only thing PS4 and X1 has over Wii U are sales and we don't play that, do we?

LOL and how long do you think you can get milk from that dead cow?...........

Even if SM3DW was better than Ryse and Knack, ..These are X-1 and PS4 launch titles, SM3DW was released over a year later, do you have any clue what games will be around on X-1 and PS4 in a year that NO Wii-U game can touch?

How about these for starters.....Infamous Second Son, TitanFall, The Witcher 3, Deep Down, Halo, Uncharted 4, Destiny...and the list goes on.

So you just enjoy SM3DW, and even your next little Wii-U Zelda game, because netiher one of them will touch the above mentioned PS4 and X-1 games.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Slimmin360

@hiphops_savior said:

@BlbecekBobecek said:

@Slimmin360 said:

So do I, I realized just how boring Sony IPs really are. I've spent more hours on the Wii playing games than on the PS3, and I realized I enjoyed Nintendo games far more than Sony games.

And this is why I'm not planning on getting a PS4 anytime soon.

Sorry i just don't believe a word of it, you can't sit here and tell me that Zelda TP or Zelda SS, Even the Mario Galaxys or Kirbys of the Wii library, compare in the least to PS3's God of Wars, Uncharteds, Ratchet & Clanks, Killzones, Resistance, Motorstorms,..multiplats like, Fallout 3, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Red Dead Redemption, GTA 4, or 5, Diablo 3.

NO WAY do any Wii or Wii-U titles for that matter touch any of the PS3 and multiplats titles listed here............NO WAY.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Slimmin360: Your personal opinion has been noted.