This generation's first AAAAE (10) is . . . Bayonetta 2!!!!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1001 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

How do I unlock more characters?

• Jeanne: Complete the game on any difficulty.
  • Rosa: Complete the game on 3rd Climax (Hard) difficulty.
  • Balder: Unlock Father Balder’s Verse Card and defeat it in Tag Climax mode.
  • Rodin: Unlock Rodin’s Verse Card and defeat it in Tag Climax mode.

thanks!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1002 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

The weapon you get for beating it on Hard is awesome. I only fiddled around with it, haven't actually used it in combat. It's lulz though.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1003 LegatoSkyheart

can't get enough of this game. Seriously hope it wins some GOTY awards.

And if a 3rd game is reproduced.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1004 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I hope so too. Miiverse is packed full of compliments to this game. The only thing I wish was on Bayo 2 was the easy access to post pictures on Miiverse like Bayo 1 was. Has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1005 LegatoSkyheart

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I hope so too. Miiverse is packed full of compliments to this game. The only thing I wish was on Bayo 2 was the easy access to post pictures on Miiverse like Bayo 1 was. Has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

eh? are you talking about that hideous button on the gamepad screen on Bayo 1?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1006 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Otherwise brilliant action game, making my question my stance on Ninja Gaiden Black as the best thing this genre had to offer.

Damn, that good huh? NGB got me all excited for where this genre would go, only to lead to years of disappointment at everything else falling short.

I really need to stop being a workaholic and pick this up.

You know how NG2 was supposed to be NG1 but minus the fat (the adventureish stuff), and you could see how it was easily going to whip the originals ass (because the combat is easily one of the best combat engines in the genre, frankly the best), but didn't because Itagaki wasn't being paid, so he was like okay **** you, I'm not finishing the game, because swag.

Well Bayonetta 2 is that game finished, just for the Bayonetta formula because there is no fat on that bitch. No shitty QTE, no shitty rail sequence done poorly, no recycling bosses for multiple fights sans the games Jeanne/Genshin equivalent. Bayonetta was that fine ass bitch who had love handles, still smoking hot, still mean in the sack, but whatever she had some love handles. Bayonetta 2 is that same bitch after going to the gym a lot, now she's toned up, lean, and somehow meaner in the sack.

In that sense its only drawbacks are what
A: its more Bayonetta
B: some of the enemies I saw in Bayonetta 1

Not exactly glaring drawbacks, one could argue it isn't "as hard as NG1/DMC3", but I would argue while that is true, that also isn't something anyone needs to strive for. Especially since Platinuming everything is plenty challenging. The one thing though it still hasn't taken the DMC or the DMC like games out of that standard beat-em up formula of go into area, you get that area boxed off by random demon wall thing, and you fight dudes. NGB still has that fighting in an actual environment feel that Bayonetta and its ilk (DMC, God of War, Otogi, etc) do not have.

That and the stellar boss fights keep me going back to NG1, the thing is though, at this point Hayabusa of NG1 is a slow mo fo compared to what he is in NG2, and definitely not as slick as Bayonetta in either of her games. Which does make going back to that excellent game rough. To be fair after beating Bayo 1 I did humor the notion of me liking it more than NG1, and then was like nah: NG Always and Forever.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1007 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18253 Posts

I just finished Bayonetta 1again, at first i thought the game didnt aged that well, specially compared to Bayonetta 2's intro but after playing the later levels, i realize is still pretty amazing...also Wow at the first mayor boss in Bayonetta 2...just wow...

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1008 madsnakehhh

I just had to come to this thread to say this...Bayonetta 2 is Amazing!!! not only the best game on the WiiU right now, is also the best action game ever made and no doubt GOTY material...yes, it is THAT good...

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1009 bunchanumbers

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

what? The button was fantastic. And I could use it during cutscenes. I couldn't do that with Bayo 2.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1010 madsnakehhh

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

what? The button was fantastic. And I could use it during cutscenes. I couldn't do that with Bayo 2.

Yeah...at first i thought it was lame as well...but after a while, you get used to it and it becomes pretty handy whenever you want to post a pic.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#1011 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Platinumed everything on 2nd climax, half way through platinuming everything on 3rd climax.

I love this game.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1012 bunchanumbers

@madsnakehhh said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@bunchanumbers said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Yeah...at first i thought it was lame as well...but after a while, you get used to it and it becomes pretty handy whenever you want to post a pic.

yes! When playing Bayo 2 I found myself mashing the corner of the screen when I wanted to capture a image. Some find it awkward, but I use the screen as buttons all the time when I play Deus Ex HRDC. So it was never a issue for me.