THIRD CONSOLE CURSE: Why the next Xbox will fail for sure!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I wouldn't consider the PS3 a failure. :?Demonjoe93

They're referring to it as a financial failure. Even though the PS3 has many great games on it, it isn't selling very well.

50 million isn't selling well? Would the 360 be a failure too, or does a few million make all the difference?
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#52 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I wouldn't consider the PS3 a failure. :?Heil68

They're referring to it as a financial failure. Even though the PS3 has many great games on it, it isn't selling very well.

50 million isn't selling well? Would the 360 be a failure too, or does a few million make all the difference?

Because of all the money Sony has lost from the PS3.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

Thanks to a bunch of Sony executive missteps, PS3 severely damaged the PlayStation brand. Sure they were able to salvage it...but at what cost?

The PlayStation is no longer an unstoppable behemoth. People won't just immediately buy the console because it has the name PlayStation on it.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#54 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]I wouldn't consider the PS3 a failure. :?

TheMoreYouOwn

Hmm,the PC has two AAAE so far,not one.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.7suarez7
MS loss 3 billions starting this gen,and 4+ billions the gen before,they would not probably see a clean profit were they can say hey we already cover the 7+ billion hole we got from both xbox consoles,and now we are bringing a real profit,saying MS made $400 million in profits when they have loss 7 billions,is like saying that you won 3 million on horse races,and when they ask you how much have you spend since you started to gamble on horse races you say 100 millions... You really won nothing you just got back a small part of what you loss.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="7suarez7"]The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.tormentos
MS loss 3 billions starting this gen,and 4+ billions the gen before,they would not probably see a clean profit were they can say he we already cover the 7+ billion hole we got from both xbox consoles,and now we are bringing a real profit,saying MS made $400 million in profits when they have loss 7 billions,is like saying that you won 3 million on horse races,and when they ask you how much have you spend since you started to gamble on horse races you say 100 millions... You really won nothing you just got back a small part of what you loss.

Didn't they make like 1 billion off live last year?
felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

[QUOTE="felipebo"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] But, the 3DS isn't Nintendo's third handheld. :|peterw007

But it's in the third dimension :o

Reality is in the third dimension as well. Does that mean reality is destined to fail as well? :o

It already has :o

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
[QUOTE="Demonjoe93"]

That is one of my biggest point how can the PS3 be a failure and the 360 which is just 3 million away with a full 1 year head start isn't.? And they will tell you that since the PS2 was the leaders and sony has loss some costumers,while the xbox was a distant second and this gen won some market share that make the xbox 360 a success and the PS3 a failure,even that both are basically tied like the xbox and GC were last gen.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="7suarez7"]The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.tormentos
MS loss 3 billions starting this gen,and 4+ billions the gen before,they would not probably see a clean profit were they can say hey we already cover the 7+ billion hole we got from both xbox consoles,and now we are bringing a real profit,saying MS made $400 million in profits when they have loss 7 billions,is like saying that you won 3 million on horse races,and when they ask you how much have you spend since you started to gamble on horse races you say 100 millions... You really won nothing you just got back a small part of what you loss.

gonna need some sources for those figures cos i think you made up the part about MS losing 3 billion on the xbox 360 when RROD only cost them 1.4 billion, i also think you made up the part about MS only making 400 million in profits from the xbox 360.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Char, don't make me mad. :PThough you make an interesting point, it's not really so black and white. The Jaguar and Saturn were failures, but the PS3 and N64 are very popular to this day, though the former is more *commercially* successful than the other. The PS3 has done quite well in the later years, I don't see how it's a failure. However, here's my counter-argument: the DS or the GBA. I sayor because the Virtual Boy may be taken into the equation. Both were massively successful and either the second/third or third/fourth of their kind. The DS has broken entire records even. At this point in the video game medium, I don't think failures will be even remotely possible. The competition is too hard for anything like that to occur. So even though I'm no MS fan, I predict only good tidings for their next console.

calvinsora
Lol, I'm not trying to make anyone mad here, I'm just pointing out how strongly cyclical history seems to be in the video game industry
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="7suarez7"]The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.DroidPhysX
MS loss 3 billions starting this gen,and 4+ billions the gen before,they would not probably see a clean profit were they can say he we already cover the 7+ billion hole we got from both xbox consoles,and now we are bringing a real profit,saying MS made $400 million in profits when they have loss 7 billions,is like saying that you won 3 million on horse races,and when they ask you how much have you spend since you started to gamble on horse races you say 100 millions... You really won nothing you just got back a small part of what you loss.

Didn't they make like 1 billion off live last year?

They make 1 billion in profits after 2007 which mean they did not had any more losses since the 2007 loss,but at the start of the generation they loss 3 billions,1.26 billions on fiscal year 2006,and 1.9 billions on fiscal year 2007.
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
They will fail because they have no first-party developers and third-party only supports a system when it takes off. MS should go on a buying spree and buy out devs, they could start with EA.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

This is a load of BS, MS are too big, the amount of capitalat thier disposal is too vast.

Literally too big to fail, they can hurt the competition and they know it, they have a strategy, its a crappy one, but luckiliy for them thier fanbase eats it up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="7suarez7"]The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.delta3074

gonna need some sources for those figures cos i think you made up the part about MS losing 3 billion on the xbox 360 when RROD only cost them 1.4 billion, i also think you made up the part about MS only making 400 million in profits from the xbox 360.

Dude the 400 million was and example i gave i wasn't saying they just make 400 million alone,i was stating that making that much money could not be consider clean profits,because they loss 7+ billions total. And not i will not post it any more i have post it like 10 times,every time i say it some one ask for the link,is like you people remember the good news and just don't read or forget about the bad ones. Google MS loss 1.26 billions in fiscal year 2006 and 1.9 in 2007 and see what you get. :-)
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="7suarez7"]The matter of fact is Microsoft have made FAR more money than Sony this generation since Sony have LOST money with the PS3, it is a huge failure. Also, I will bet my house that Microsoft will release their next console about a year after Nintendo's and because of that it will be similar spec-wise. This could result in a repeat of 360/PS3 with Cafe being the 360 of the next gen, but will obviously be aimed at casuals too. If Sony don't act fast then the PS4 will fail harder than the PS3.delta3074

I'm not sure about 3 billion, but here it states they lost $1.26 billion launching the 360.

Link

calvinsora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#66 calvinsora
Member since 2009 • 7076 Posts

[QUOTE="calvinsora"]

Char, don't make me mad. :PThough you make an interesting point, it's not really so black and white. The Jaguar and Saturn were failures, but the PS3 and N64 are very popular to this day, though the former is more *commercially* successful than the other. The PS3 has done quite well in the later years, I don't see how it's a failure. However, here's my counter-argument: the DS or the GBA. I sayor because the Virtual Boy may be taken into the equation. Both were massively successful and either the second/third or third/fourth of their kind. The DS has broken entire records even. At this point in the video game medium, I don't think failures will be even remotely possible. The competition is too hard for anything like that to occur. So even though I'm no MS fan, I predict only good tidings for their next console.

charizard1605

Lol, I'm not trying to make anyone mad here, I'm just pointing out how strongly cyclical history seems to be in the video game industry

And I'm not actually mad :P I only get mad when people talk about "objectivity" in game appreciation or say that SMG2 sucks.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Hmm,the PC has two AAAE so far,not one.Arach666
I updated. :) or I should say steveo finally did. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="calvinsora"]

calvinsora

And I'm not actually mad :P I only get mad when people talk about "objectivity" in game appreciation or say that SMG2 sucks.

I know you aren't, you're too reasonable to get mad over something like this :P And speaking of objectivity in game appreciation... did you see what Jim Sterling had to say about the issue? It was hilarious! :lol: And ho can anyone with a soul say that SMG2 sucks? :x
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh no, I understand it all quite well, I just think it's fun to point out these similarities. As a side note, I hope you know that shareholders kind of gave Microsoft an ultimatum with the Kinect. If it had failed, they would have been forced to withdraw from the consoles business.

Link?
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
The trend isn't that comparable if you look at how all the consoles you've mentioned started. They all started strong, then dominated the market in their second gen, and demised in the third. MS however started weak, and didn't dominate it its second gen. I'd say, it's really difficult to predict success in this industry.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#71 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]Hmm,the PC has two AAAE so far,not one.Heil68
I updated. :) or I should say steveo finally did. :P

Yeah,they don´t update the spreadsheet that often these days. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh no, I understand it all quite well, I just think it's fun to point out these similarities. As a side note, I hope you know that shareholders kind of gave Microsoft an ultimatum with the Kinect. If it had failed, they would have been forced to withdraw from the consoles business.

Link?

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_24/b4182036703891.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#73 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh no, I understand it all quite well, I just think it's fun to point out these similarities. As a side note, I hope you know that shareholders kind of gave Microsoft an ultimatum with the Kinect. If it had failed, they would have been forced to withdraw from the consoles business.

Link?

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_24/b4182036703891.htm?campaign_id=rss_topStories

Wow... you just gave him... A LINK TO THE PAST! :o
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#74 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh no, I understand it all quite well, I just think it's fun to point out these similarities. As a side note, I hope you know that shareholders kind of gave Microsoft an ultimatum with the Kinect. If it had failed, they would have been forced to withdraw from the consoles business.the1stmoonfly
Link?

Here you go:

Link!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
khoofia, you really need to get a life :P
c49thaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 c49thaine
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

People should be more worried about Sony's incompetance at this point considering they released a dud this generation while 360 was much more than Xbox fans, or gamersand the industry in general, expected of it.

I can only imagine what Sony could do to their hardware next time to really screw the entire generation up for all consoles again. I just hope PS4 doesn't hold back the next Xbox like the PS3 held back 360 in multiplatform development this time. We could have had some really good games this gen if Sony hadn't ****** it up for all of us.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TheMoreYouOwn

People should be more worried about Sony's incompetance at this point considering they released a dud this generation while 360 was much more than Xbox fans, or gamersand the industry in general, expected of it.

I can only imagine what Sony could do to their hardware next time to really screw the entire generation up for all consoles again. I just hope PS4 doesn't hold back the next Xbox like the PS3 held back 360 in multiplatform development this time. We could have had some really good games this gen if Sony hadn't ****** it up for all of us.

c49thaine

Or Microsoft's incompetance with hardware. Let's just hope the 720 doesn't have years of RROD before finally resolving the issue.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

c49thaine
What are you talking about some of the best games this gen are made on the PS3. Blu-Ray,free online game,home,best hardware and some of the best game this gen,i would not call that a dud. Yeah the PS3 hold back 360 multiplatform games,that is why LA Noire runs better on PS3,and why the PS3 has the best looking games.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

tormentos
What are you talking about some of the best games this gen are made on the PS3. Blu-Ray,free online game,home,best hardware and some of the best game this gen,i would not call that a dud. Yeah the PS3 hold back 360 multiplatform games,that is why LA Noire runs better on PS3,and why the PS3 has the best looking games.

They also revolutionized the way consoles do identity theft.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

Not really.

M$ has more than enough fuel to keep in going.

1. XBL = practically become the "standard" for console online gaming.
  2. 3rd party support is titanium strong on the platform.
  3. Key franchises and exclusives are locked on the platform
  4. M$ is still a powerful brand as Nintendo and Sony.
  5. MS consoles and PC architecture have been typically similar (Direct X), making transitions easier. Next MS platform will NOT be any different. This makes it easier for 3rd party developers.
VERTIGO47
one thing ive learned tho nothing is set in stone just because you have a good previous generation , not saying microsoft will fail just that it could easily happen
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TheMoreYouOwn

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="c49thaine"]

DroidPhysX

Jelly of PS3 library?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="tormentos"] What are you talking about some of the best games this gen are made on the PS3. Blu-Ray,free online game,home,best hardware and some of the best game this gen,i would not call that a dud. Yeah the PS3 hold back 360 multiplatform games,that is why LA Noire runs better on PS3,and why the PS3 has the best looking games.TheMoreYouOwn

Jelly of PS3 library?

Why would i be jelly of something i already have? :?
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Really? Their console curse was the first Xbox console, I believe.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

How can something be both a success and a dismal failure? That makes no goddamned sense whatsoever.

charizard1605

For gamers, it's a success because it has great games. For Sony, it lost them pretty much everything, so it's a failure. Make sense?

Unless you know the ins and outs of Sony's finances, I'd says that's quite a wild guess on your part.

Lots of people throw around nonsense about how profitable each company is, but most of them are just repeating the same misinformation they heard from someone esle.

For a company, success is profitibilty. For a gamer, success is great games and great systems to run them on. All three systems this gen have been successful at some point, some more than, or more often than, others.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 the1stmoonfly
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="the1stmoonfly"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Oh no, I understand it all quite well, I just think it's fun to point out these similarities. As a side note, I hope you know that shareholders kind of gave Microsoft an ultimatum with the Kinect. If it had failed, they would have been forced to withdraw from the consoles business.

Link?

Dont see the bit that says if Kinect fails Bill Gates will need to go get welfare.
mztazmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mztazmz
Member since 2003 • 1405 Posts

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]Well, Sony has come out the big winner this gen, so perhaps they broke the curse?charizard1605
They went from an install base of 150 million plus to 50 million. They went from being market leaders to distant third place trailers. They lost all their third party exclusives. Their system isn't the lead platform for console development any more. The Playstation brand lost a lot of equity. How did they emerge winner? How could anyone possibly argue that they were the winners at all?

That's a pretty warped comparrison:lol:

PS2 took over 10 years to hit 150 million which you are comparing to PS3 being out for 4.5 years at 50 million, the PS3 is far from done as far as sales go.

Also most of those 150 million were sold AFTER PS2 dropped to $199 while the PS3 is still at $299. You can bet PS3 sales will go way up whenever they hit the $199 mark.

I can almost guarantee that PS3 will hit at least 100 million before it is discontinued. And as it has the most future proof tech out of the current 3 consoles, it will most likely be the longest on the market.

And PS3 is just barely behind 360 in total sales so how is that a "distant thrid place"?:roll:

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 the1stmoonfly

[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

TheMoreYouOwn

Or Microsoft's incompetance with hardware. Let's just hope the 720 doesn't have years of RROD before finally resolving the issue.

No way they would make that mistake again, they'll change the colour and move away from a ring, for sure.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="tormentos"] What are you talking about some of the best games this gen are made on the PS3. Blu-Ray,free online game,home,best hardware and some of the best game this gen,i would not call that a dud. Yeah the PS3 hold back 360 multiplatform games,that is why LA Noire runs better on PS3,and why the PS3 has the best looking games.

IG: Sony has said they implemented new security. Do you believe PlayStation Network and Qriocity are hacker-proof now? No. And it's not just Sony gamers that are at risk. It's anyone who has any online gaming console like Xbox or Wii. Nothing's 100 percent secure. http://www.industrygamers.com/news/playstation-network-still-not-secure-says-ex-hacker-exclusive/ Maybe you should read that no console or PC is 100% hack free,intelligent people already know this,how many identity has been stolen on windows.? How many information,documents,how many computer crash HDD fry because of hacks.? Windows is MS # 1 priority and cash cow and has been hack to hell and back,compare to a PC running windows a mac look like a safe heaven. Imagine if hackers actually target the xbox 360 what would happen.

MS wasn't stupid enough to actually think they can take on hackers like Sony did.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

TheMoreYouOwn

You honestly think they haven't learned their lesson from that? I doubt that something like RROD will be occurring for next gen.

PS2 took over 10 years to hit 150 million which you are comparing to PS3 being out for 4.5 years at 50 million, the PS3 is far from done as far as sales go.

Also most of those 150 million were sold AFTER PS2 dropped to $199 while the PS3 is still at $299. You can bet PS3 sales will go way up whenever they hit the $199 mark.

I can almost guarantee that PS3 will hit at least 100 million before it is discontinued. And as it has the most future proof tech out of the current 3 consoles, it will most likely be the longest on the market.

And PS3 is just barely behind 360 in total sales so how is that a "distant thrid place"?:roll:mztazmz

Please, the PS3 will not reach 100 million. The PS brand isn't really as huge like it used to be. If it took Sony 4 & a half years just to even reach 50 million owners, then imagine how long it'll take to reach 100 million? If anything, the Wii might reach that number before Sony does. Also, Sony had to constantly play catch up to the 360 in sales by doing constant price drops, & SKU's.

Plus Sony didn't have any problems reaching 50 million PS1 & PS2 owners in less than 4 & a half years, & neither did Nintendo with the Wii.

7suarez7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 7suarez7
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts
[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

tormentos

99% of multiplat games look better on 360.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

How can something be both a success and a dismal failure? That makes no sense whatsoever.

charizard1605

For gamers, it's a success because it has great games. For Sony, it lost them pretty much everything, so it's a failure. Make sense?

fixed worlocks cussing.. that goes unmodded... back on subject... sony did what it set out to do with ps3... that was to push a new disc format.. sure they thought they would sell alot ps3s at this point. but they sold enuff to help them. i think if ms wanted too they could win next gen easy or even won this gen if they cared too... ms was all about profit this gen...

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Demonjoe93

7suarez7

How about we see a link for that?

7suarez7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 7suarez7

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

How can something be both a success and a dismal failure? That makes no sense whatsoever.

monson21502

fixed worlocks cussing.. that goes unmodded... back on subject... sony did what it set out to do with ps3... that was to push a new disc format.. sure they thought they would sell alot ps3s at this point. but they sold enuff to help them. i think if ms wanted too they could win next gen easy or even won this gen if they cared too... ms was all about profit this gen...

Winning a gen is usually about making the most profit. *facepalm* The Wii was always going to win because it offered something different to what the HD twins do, which is why they are still eating away at each others fanbase. Also, a lot of PS3's sales have come from the fact that it has a blue-ray player. Had Xbox 360 had one PS3 would cease to exist. The same thing happened last gen, which is why the GCN didn't sell as well as it should have. It was a beast console, but it didn't have a DVD player. Sad really.
7suarez7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 7suarez7

[QUOTE="7suarez7"][QUOTE="tormentos"] What are you talking about some of the best games this gen are made on the PS3. Blu-Ray,free online game,home,best hardware and some of the best game this gen,i would not call that a dud. Yeah the PS3 hold back 360 multiplatform games,that is why LA Noire runs better on PS3,and why the PS3 has the best looking games.Demonjoe93

How about we see a link for that?

Link? There's no need for a link. I have or at least had both consoles (sold my PS3 this year) and all multiplat games looked better on 360, I eventually stopped buying games for the PS3. Then the hack lead me to selling the damn thing, it was pretty much useless at that point. I have no need for blue **** ray.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

I cba to research, but did you account the fact that all of the companies had downward slopes (long) before their 3rd failed console?

Except for Sony, which happend suddenly, but that can easily be explained from decision factors such as price.

MS will break this trend I can assure you of that, their numbers are going nowhere but up , and they will not make the same mistake Sony did.

They're not afraid of going outside the box, Kinect was a drastic change, while Move is more like the hardcore version of Wii i.e. played it safe, it's exactly what you'd expect from Sony.

I think that reflects how the companies are. Sony's decisions are based on econimists who don't have understanding of gaming so they are more traditional. MS has what it takes to make the 3rd console be successful.

Also, there is no such thing as brand recognition as proven this gen, in both ways. Sony had it all and lost, Nintendo had nothing and won.

Nothing points towards MS' 3rd console being a failiure, well except for the curse :D

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Demonjoe93

[QUOTE="monson21502"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] For gamers, it's a success because it has great games. For Sony, it lost them pretty much everything, so it's a failure. Make sense?7suarez7

Winning a gen is usually about making the most profit. *facepalm* The Wii was always going to win because it offered something different to what the HD twins do, which is why they are still eating away at each others fanbase. Also, a lot of PS3's sales have come from the fact that it has a blue-ray player. Had Xbox 360 had one PS3 would cease to exist. The same thing happened last gen, which is why the GCN didn't sell as well as it should have. It was a beast console, but it didn't have a DVD player. Sad really.

Because no one bought their PS3 for the games right?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tormentos

7suarez7

Yep then how the PS3 hold the xbox 360 back if 99% of the multiplatform games look better on 360.? If anything the xbox 360 hold the PS3 back,several multiplatform games were rumored to had content removed because of the DVD format the xbox 360 used,in fact not only that it hold gaming back as well,since MS is all about money,they have a strict guide line on what developer can release free on 360,epic them self would have bombarded Gears of War with free stuff if it wasn't for MS,the PS3 version of Unreal Tournament has support for PC mods,something the 360 version lack,if any console hold back another it was the 360.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Errr how is the 360 in a "market leading position for five full years now"charizard1605
It's been leading against the PS3. True, there's the Wii too, but one could argue (quite accurately) that it's not in the same market.

how are they not in the same market?