The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt vs The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt vs The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (207 votes)

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 58%
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 42%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Two massive, open world games, both the most critically acclaimed titles of this generation, both considered to be the masters of their craft. Both are beloved, both had rapturous reception, and both have 'wild' in their name.

Which one is better, and why?

• 
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#251  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp: oh you know I agree with that. I feel like a grumpy old erotica half the time reading these threads. When did it become cool to like all the wrong things in games? It only took me 7 ass creed games to start getting with the program.

**** that, grump away. As the hero of Metal Gear Rising so expertly points out, there is no saving something rotten at its core. You have to rip the roots out n rebuild.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#252  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

You know, i wanted to reply that by pretending to be you, and then I realized, I can't quite mimic you. Like, champ, azati, iandizion, aigis, Desmonic, TGR, khoof, mems, Blab, Adobe, these guys are all easy to mimic. But you... aren't?

you would have to have a hatred for Nintendo, im not sure you would be up to be me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

You know, i wanted to reply that by pretending to be you, and then I realized, I can't quite mimic you. Like, champ, azati, iandizion, aigis, Desmonic, TGR, khoof, mems, Blab, Adobe, these guys are all easy to mimic. But you... aren't?

you would have to have a hatred for Nintendo, im not sure you would be up to be me

It's easy, I just give Splatoon a 4/10, and then have crushes on inferior waifus

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#254 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@aigis said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's easy, I just give Splatoon a 4/10, and then have crushes on inferior waifus

maybe you got this then, carry on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

kek

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#256 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I'm with you but where do you start when the companies are pushing out consoles we don't need and harping on all the wrong priorities? Do we wait every 5 years for that 1 game that takes a risk to push the needle?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#257  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

@TheEroica:

Unfortunately most of these companies will push exactly what gamers ask for, they're going to strive to appease the lowest common denominator which is really fucking bottom of the barrel low when it comes to gamers.

There's no chance of steering this ship straight, all you can do is take solace in knowing that there are so many games being made for so many different audiences, that you'll always find something worthwhile if you look hard enough.

So sure, you can't depend on the AAA arm of this industry to always have your back, more often than not it's going to be a load of wank, but the good shit is still out there in abundance.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@ConanTheStoner: yeah, I mean between the switch ps4 and the vita (still) I'm always buried in something that keeps me riveted.

That said, nearly every 60 dollar purchase I've made since 2014, I've regretted.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Witcher destoys zelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

You haven't even played Zelda

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

...and it is a reason for that, i dont buy games i know i would not like to play. I have seen enough from it when other people play on twitch etc to know what botw is.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

<Axii sign> You do agree, he's right ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@charizard1605: People don't play video games before comparing them anymore. Silly Chazzy. :P

Other people play games so we don't have to.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

<Axii sign> You do agree, he's right ?

Mod fight...

Lolol :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#266  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19588 Posts
@charizard1605 said:
@TheEroica said:

The results of the poll are so telling to how out of whack modern gamers are in regards to what makes a great game.

Nah, the results are as they are because Witcher 3 is a game available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and has been out for over two years; BotW is available to Wii U+Switch (so less than a tenth of that install base) and has been out for all of three months.

Fair enough explanation. TW3 has the combined backing of three entire user bases (cows, lemmings, hermits) against BOTW's single user base (sheep).

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#267 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3739 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@TheEroica said:

The results of the poll are so telling to how out of whack modern gamers are in regards to what makes a great game.

Nah, the results are as they are because Witcher 3 is a game available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and has been out for over two years; BotW is available to Wii U+Switch (so less than a tenth of that install base) and has been out for all of three months.

Fair enough explanation. TW3 has the combined backing of three entire user bases (cows, lemmings, hermits) against BOTW's single user base (sheep).

Zelda is playable on 3 platforms as well and everyone knows it. It's probably even more popular than the Witcher 3 at this point. The fact of the matter is that Zelda is just the Witcher 3 for kids, which is why it's the inferior game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@tjandmia: lol ok

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Jag85

@tjandmia said:
@Jag85 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@TheEroica said:

Zelda is playable on 3 platforms as well and everyone knows it. It's probably even more popular than the Witcher 3 at this point. The fact of the matter is that Zelda is just the Witcher 3 for kids, which is why it's the inferior game.

I said user bases, not platforms. The fact remains that Zelda is targeted towards only one user base (sheep), while TW3 is targeted towards three different user bases (cows, lemmings, hermits). And in terms of sales, TW3 is still ahead of BOTW for now.

And it's the other way around, TW3 is supposed to be "Zelda for adults" (i.e. "adults" who prefer story over gameplay), which CD Projekt themselves acknowledged in an interview. However, BOTW is clearly the superior game for adults who prefer gameplay over story.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 tjandmia

@Jag85 said:

I said user bases, not platforms. The fact remains that Zelda is targeted towards only one user base (sheep), while TW3 is targeted towards three different user bases (cows, lemmings, hermits). And in terms of sales, TW3 is still ahead of BOTW for now.

And it's the other way around, TW3 is supposed to be "Zelda for adults" (i.e. "adults" who prefer story over gameplay), which CD Projekt themselves acknowledged in an interview. However, BOTW is clearly the superior game for adults who prefer gameplay over story.

Hmmm. Odd how the poll disagrees with you. Ah, well. :) I don't really see much difference in the gameplay either, besides the fact you can climb and float in zelda.

Sales don't matter, either. It's just an argument from popularity that tells us nothing of the opinion of those who have played both.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Jag85

@tjandmia said:
@Jag85 said:

Hmmm. Odd how the poll disagrees with you. Ah, well. :) I don't really see much difference in the gameplay either, besides the fact you can climb and float in zelda.

Sales don't matter, either. It's just an argument from popularity that tells us nothing of the opinion of those who have played both.

Both the poll and the the sales disagree with your claim that BOTW is more popular.

It's unlikely that most of the users here have even played BOTW.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 tjandmia

@Jag85 said:
@tjandmia said:
@Jag85 said:

Both the poll and the the sales disagree with your claim that BOTW is more popular.

It's unlikely that most of the users here have even played BOTW.

I didn't claim botw is more popular.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

This still seem so odd to me. These games are very different.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@tjandmia: yikes bro... If Zelda is the "kiddie" version of the Witcher, you didn't play Zelda, maybe either game?

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 tjandmia

@TheEroica said:

@tjandmia: yikes bro... If Zelda is the "kiddie" version of the Witcher, you didn't play Zelda, maybe either game?

I'm still playing it. Now give me a big SNAAAAAP!!!

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#276 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

...and it is a reason for that, i dont buy games i know i would not like to play. I have seen enough from it when other people play on twitch etc to know what botw is.

its better than TW3 gameplay wise.

Sorry, its no longer the post Witcher 3 world, but a post BOTW one. Games with gameplay like TW3 will get destroyed now in reviews.

Clements12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Clements12
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

Clements12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By Clements12
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@gurbx said:

None of them revolutionized open world. BOTW is not even the best Japanese game this year.

People who hate The Witcher 3: Souls fans, Bioware fans, Bethedsa fans, Xbox fans (lems thought this will be exclusive lol)

Fans hate it coz TW3 was made for mass audience.

Graphics whores hate it coz downgrade.

Witcher 3 somehow is still winning awards. Meanwhile Blood and Wine awarded for Best Writing at Develop Awards 2017.

@texasgoldrush said:
@AdobeArtist said:

Elder Scrolls immersive sim world

Seriously wtf is this ? lol

Elder's Scrolls was influenced and inspired by Ultima Underworld, the granddaddy of immersive sims. And the series are basically open world Ultima Underworlds.

Inspiration ≠ immersive sim. I think it comes to the "inspired sim" category more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

Sorry, its no longer the post Witcher 3 world, but a post BOTW one. Games with gameplay like TW3 will get destroyed now in reviews.

Haaa, seriously? GFTO with that crap. BTOW gameplay is boring as hell, the weapon break was just a annoying feature at most, Master sword neutered, boring shrine after shrine, huge world, find chest ....oh look 10 arrows. ... **** botw this game will be looked at differently after some time. Just got the blood and whine DLC, post BOTW and it still fucking rocks.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#280 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14919 Posts

@Advid-Gamer said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@aroxx_ab said:
@charizard1605 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

Witcher destoys zelda

Haaa, seriously? GFTO with that crap. BTOW gameplay is boring as hell, the weapon break was just a annoying feature at most, Master sword neutered, boring shrine after shrine, huge world, find chest ....oh look 10 arrows. ... **** botw this game will be looked at differently after some time. Just got the blood and whine DLC, post BOTW and it still fucking rocks.

No it won't, it will be the standard for open world gaming whether you like it or not. BOTW is now the open world bar.

I like TW3, but it isn't a real open world game. The "open world" is nothing more than a setting for quests. The gameplay isn't great, it won for everything else.